#1 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

10 White Martians invade Earth-616, the Watcher tells Earth's Mightiest Heroes a week in advance. Can the Avengers take down the White Martians before going down?

AVENGERS

VS

10 WHITE MARTIANS

Location: NYC

In Character

1 Week of Prep Time (NO Prior Knowledge)

Current Character Versions (no Void)

Incapacitation, KO, Death, BFR, Counts As Win

Can 15 Avengers take on 10 White Martians and save the planet from an extraterrestrial invasion?

#2 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't the Avengers just exploit the Martian's fear of fie pretty easily given their week of prep?

#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

Wouldn't the Avengers just exploit the Martian's fear of fie pretty easily given their week of prep?

Yeah, but how many can really capitalize on that besides Iron Man, War Machine and Yellow Jacket?

#4 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: Given that it's a week of prep I wouldn't find it difficult for Tony and Pym to build a giant fire spewing machine lol. I don't have a specific thing in my mind but something along the lines of a ring of fire to surround the White Martians would suffice.

#5 Posted by therainmaker (117 posts) - - Show Bio

And Sentry could solo them given the fact that he emits immense amounts of heat....

#6 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony makes a flamethrower and drinks the rest of his prep. Then sentry solos

#7 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf: how would they get the ring around 30 white martians, who are faster and could shape shift?

#8 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6936 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: You gave the Avenger's a week of prep. They could easily have the thing deployed before the white martians arrive. The whole thing with prep is it allows you to be preemptive. They could easily build a device that encompasses the entirety of Manhattan in a week's time given Tony's other prep feats. Not to mention Pym is pretty smart himself. He could easily make something useful with his pym particles, like shrinking the white martians into the microverse. You need to either remove the prep and change it so speed blitzing doesn't mean instant win for Team 2 or change up the rosters to make it more fair. Because without prep Team 1 is going to lose badly.

#9 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmgOmgWtfWtf said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: You gave the Avenger's a week of prep. They could easily have the thing deployed before the white martians arrive. The whole thing with prep is it allows you to be preemptive. They could easily build a device that encompasses the entirety of Manhattan in a week's time given Tony's other prep feats. Not to mention Pym is pretty smart himself. He could easily make something useful with his pym particles, like shrinking the white martians into the microverse. You need to either remove the prep and change it so speed blitzing doesn't mean instant win for Team 2 or change up the rosters to make it more fair. Because without prep Team 1 is going to lose badly.

Well, i could remove prior knowledge ....

#10 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

edit, no prior knowledge

#11 Posted by pooty (10796 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry but this is a slaughter either way. if the avengers have prior knowledge they win. I mean 6 regular candles surrounding a martian stopped him cold. Take away prior knowledge and the martians stomp

#12 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

re edit.

#13 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers stomps

#14 Posted by chiq (1904 posts) - - Show Bio

All you need is Batman w/prep a tank of gas and a match :)

#15 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11782 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

All you need is Batman w/prep a tank of gas and a match :)

considering the fact that Batman is not present, how is that relevant?

#16 Posted by iamthewolf88 (346 posts) - - Show Bio

if it were a secret invasion of sorts I could see the White Martians standing a chance. Discreetly hiding and shape shifting.... when they are in groups their TP is vastly enhanced. They all of super strength, mind control, and so on..... I can see them actually winning.

#17 Edited by chiq (1904 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: sorry didn't mean anything w/ that. Team should win with prep.

#18 Edited by Dredeuced (5314 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are really overselling White Martian weakness to fire. Orion set one on fire and they kept coming. It's not like Superman and Kryptonite where they just fall over powerless. It weakens them and messes up their control over their powers, but they can overcome it and they're still ridiculously powerful beings.

Their biggest weakness is a physical and psychic beatdown from J'onn, really.

That said, the Avengers would still win with a week of prep and some of those powerhouses, but it'd be a good fight.

#19 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

AVENGERS