• 84 results
#1 Posted by Strider92 (16492 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers:

Hulk, Thor, IronMan, Captain America, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Spider-woman, Black Widow

Vs

Top Cow/Image Team:

The Darkness, Spawn (Al age 1), Darkchylde, Wolf, Witchblade, The Killer (Wesley), Samatha Argent, Aphrodite IX

Conditions:

• Morals On
  • No Prep
  • Standard Gear
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Edited by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow certainly has more number of heavy hitters, not necessarily the most powerful, although i have no idea who Aphrodite IX.

Will wait for someone to actually explain me what she can do before i cast a vote.

#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Aphrodite IX is an android whose main task is to kill at all cost her target. She is capable of self repair and can basically assess and study her opponent. Even heavily damage, as long as she can kill her opponent, she will do it.

Based on the characters you've given, only Thor and Hulk has a chance in at least causing some fatalities to the Indie group but with The Darkness, Witchblade and Spawn combine, there is no way I can see how team Marvel can defeat the group.

#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

The Top Cow Team will stomp the marvel team with the battlefield they are fighting on. There are just so many ways Jackie can kill half the marvel team without them even seeing him it's not even funny.

#5 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

The Top Cow Team will stomp the marvel team with the battlefield they are fighting on. There are just so many ways Jackie can kill half the marvel team without them even seeing him it's not even funny.

What can they do to Thor the only image character i know a lot about is Spawn

#6 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

What are there feats?

#7 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say :Thor solos. pure fanboyism, I have no idea who the hell the people on Team 2 are.

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

What can they do to Thor the only image character i know a lot about is Spawn

The wielder of the Darkness has a crazy powerful powerset based upon the manipulation of Darkness at a conceptual and spiritual level.

Here's just a few of the things the Darkness can do:

-Summon endless hordes of monsters called darklings that range from evil comical goblins to kraken like eldritch abominations

-Teleport into any point where there is a shadow

-Manipulate the physical substance of shadow to create shields, energy bolts and illusions as well as case the shadows inside a person to expand and the person explodes inside out scanner style. He can also summon mystical weapons capable of harming gods.

-Super-senses (mystical)

-super-human attributes across the board including the ability to regenerate at almost wolverine level

-enter a pocket plane of endless night and drag people screaming there (place is full of the most powerful darklings by the way, some he hasn't summoned on the physical plane yet)

#9 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

What are there feats?

Killing powerful reality warping gods, eldritch abominations, summoning up armies of horrible monsters, laying waste to entire cities, slaying demon princes, just to name a few and that's just Darkness Witchblade and Spawn.

#10 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: That's impressive but down to it's core it's magic and Thor fights demons on a regular basis add the fact the mjolnir can absorb magic and he can go faster then light speed i don't see how he can win

#11 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@Crom-Cruach: That's impressive but down to it's core it's magic and Thor fights demons on a regular basis add the fact the mjolnir can absorb magic and he can go faster then light speed i don't see how he can win

This.

#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

None of the powers Darkness uses will be absorbed by Thor. The monsters he summons can level cities and he can summon them endlessly, he'll teleport everywhere and there will never be a point where Thor will be there to land hit. He'll manipulate the shadows and spear him like chicken while a endless horde of giant monsters that Thor has to constantly fight off keeps coming.

Jackie is the avatar one of the primal forces of the universe and the most power of the thirteen artifact wielders (the witchblade is another)

Also Thor is not faster then light, he can throw mjolnir at that speed, true but his own reaction/fighting speed and travel time is not faster then light, not even close.

I love Thor and all, but he's not taking Jackie in this battle-field.

#13 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow Team can win this.

I mean, I know a little something about Wolf...He's got some crazy durability.

#14 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

Jackie kills half the team 1 by himself.

#15 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

Top Cow Team can win this.

I mean, I know a little something about Wolf...He's got some crazy durability.

Much as I like Hunter-Killer, Wolf is far from the thing the marvel team has to worry about amongst those in this fight. Samantha Argent of the same series is far scarier.

#16 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: When he's travelling with mjolnir he's going at the speed of light but you're right about his fighting speed yet he's still a well trained, demon killing god. Spawn and this guy together would beat him but i still think Thor is built for this kind of fight

#17 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: Just saiyan, the guy takes a lickin' and keeps on kickin'.

#18 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

@Crom-Cruach: When he's travelling with mjolnir he's going at the speed of light but you're right about his fighting speed yet he's still a well trained, demon killing god. Spawn and this guy together would beat him but i still think Thor is built for this kind of fight

Thor is the last one going down but Darkness alone will kill him. He'll overwhelm him with endless skyscraper sized monsters, teleport and barage him with semi solid blasts of darkness, spear him with his tendrils blades he can grow from his body, try to implode him from the inside with darkness manipulation.

Fighting Jackie is never just fighting jackie. It's fighting Jackie with his crazy powerset+a hordes of powerful monsters that he has in endless supply.

Thor is facing an army and their general who is a sadistic jerk who doesn't play around at all.

#19 Posted by dondave (37464 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow/Image ftw

#20 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

The biggest threats on team Marvel being Hulk and Thor, I have to go with team Top Cow/Image, though I could be swayed with a good argument.

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn at First Age is no joke. Current Darkness isnt either from what I recently seen.

Both should take this. Thor is the only real contender here. He is outmatch 2 to 1.

#22 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Witchblade can absorb crazy amount of power if not can also contain and imprison powerful gods like what it did to Bastet. It can also cancel out powers.

The Witchblade also counteracts any possible threat it may have and heals its host if mortally wounded.

#23 Edited by Hyperlight (5839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: i thought the darkness and the angelus were a balance and one wasnt really more powerful than the other. I dont see how the witchblade could be compared to them considering that its there offspring but i could be wrong

TopCow/Image wins

#24 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

@Crom-Cruach: i thought the darkness and the angelus were a balance and one wasnt really more powerful than the other. I dont see how the witchblade could be compared to them considering that its there offspring but i could be wrong

The Witchtblade, Angelus and Darkness are equal in power as artifacts. The witchblade was created to act as a balance between the Darkness and the Angelus and is hence as powerful (which is why it's actual name is the Balance). However, it's wielders aren't equal.

To fully access the power of an artifact, you have to master it. And that's where Jackie is the most powerful, he has a far greater mastery of the full capabilities of his artifact then any other wielder. Angelus for her part is completely inexperienced (especially the current one in the new universe) and Sarah while the second most talented wielder (and most powerful) has not achieved the full breath of powers previous wielders has.

And on panel, Jackies feats are better then any other artifact wielder.

#25 Posted by Hyperlight (5839 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Hyperlight said:

The Witchtblade, Angelus and Darkness are equal in power as artifacts. The witchblade was created to act as a balance between the Darkness and the Angelus and is hence as powerful (which is why it's actual name is the Balance). However, it's wielders aren't equal.

To fully access the power of an artifact, you have to master it. And that's where Jackie is the most powerful, he has a far greater mastery of the full capabilities of his artifact then any other wielder. Angelus for her part is completely inexperienced (especially the current one in the new universe) and Sarah while the second most talented wielder (and most powerful) has not achieved the full breath of powers previous wielders has.

And on panel, Jackies feats are better then any other artifact wielder.

i figured that.... makes a lot of sense. most of the artifacts are really cool but some of them are incredibly vague. none of them seen to be a primal as the arkness or angelus except to ember and glacier stones.

need to read up on them though.

#26 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

i figured that.... makes a lot of sense. most of the artifacts are really cool but some of them are incredibly vague. none of them seen to be a primal as the arkness or angelus except to ember and glacier stones.

It's hard to tell, because artifacts revealed that the Top Cow universe is in constant flux (destroyed then reborn. Kind of like the Aztecs and us now being in the 5th sun) but some of the artifacts have been there since the beginning of reality, while others were created after (the balance in pre-history and the spear of destiny by the Celtic god Lug until it fell into the hands of mortals and was used to pierce the side of Christ and became the legacy of the Magdalena)

If you want comic suggestion for Top Cow, you can PM me.

#27 Edited by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hyperlight said:

TopCow/Image wins

One of Sarah's big issues with the Witchblade, is the fact that she doesn't give in to the Witchblade and tries to reign it in. When she let's loose, she is pretty powerful, it's just not very often that her and the Witchblade fully agree on a course of action and the outcome. She has successfully taken the fight to Darkness and the Angelus in the past, and being the balance is technically an equal to the two, but overall, Jackie is still probably more powerful, as he doesn't spend time trying to reign the Darkness in, and the Angelus as stated is still inexperienced.

#28 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

One of Sarah's big issues with the Witchblade, is the fact that she doesn't give in to the Witchblade and tries to reign it in. When she let's loose, she is pretty powerful, it's just not very often that her and the Witchblade fully agree on a course of action and the outcome.

That's true, but the length and breath of feats she has with the Witchblade are not as impressive as Jackie's. She's very powerful I'm not even going to argue, but reading both and having read every issue of witchblade since issue 1 Jackie has grown to a power level above any of the other wielders.

#29 Edited by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Wyldsong said:

One of Sarah's big issues with the Witchblade, is the fact that she doesn't give in to the Witchblade and tries to reign it in. When she let's loose, she is pretty powerful, it's just not very often that her and the Witchblade fully agree on a course of action and the outcome.

That's true, but the length and breath of feats she has with the Witchblade are not as impressive as Jackie's. She's very powerful I'm not even going to argue, but reading both and having read every issue of witchblade since issue 1 Jackie has grown to a power level above any of the other wielders.

And I don't disagree with you. Jackie has far better feats of power/control in the end. It's just that a big part of her issue is not fully "agreeing" with the Witchblade as it were. It is a willful and violent little artifact=)

Jackie doesn't really have that issue, and has pretty much embraced his power, allowing him to hit greater heights/feats with his powers.

#30 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

The funny thing about Jackie is he keeps getting this idea that he holds the big end of the stick in his relationship with the Darkness, something that always makes me laugh when it blows up in his face.

#31 Edited by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: I do feel bad for Jackie sometimes...but then again, he does kind of bring it on himself. Still, such an awesome series=)

#32 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkness is cool, but I prefer Witchblade honestly.

#33 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both, and own pretty much all of their comics...but I will always lean towards Witchblade a little more, as I started reading Sarah's adventures first. The Darkness does come in as a very close second though.

#34 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

I love them both, and own pretty much all of their comics...but I will always lean towards Witchblade a little more, as I started reading Sarah's adventures first. The Darkness does come in as a very close second though.

I still miss Kenneth Irons and I still shed tears at how unworthy of him his death was :(

#35 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: Lol...he was a good villain, I agree. Stupid death pool storyline...have to blame the fans though.

#36 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

Stupid death pool storyline...have to blame the fans though.

I'm afraid I don't follow...

#37 Edited by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: Death Pool was the fan voted event, where they killed off two characters -- fans voted on who to save. It was around issue 70 or so. Tora No Shi and Kenneth Irons were the ones without enough votes to save them=(

#38 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

@Crom-Cruach: Death Pool was the fan voted event, where they killed off two characters -- fans voted on who to save. It was around issue 70 or so. Tora No Shi and Kenneth Irons were the ones without enough votes to save them=(

I didn't know that Death Pool was fan voted, I just thought how Kenneth died was poorly written and especially, disrespectful to him as a character that was a major player in the Top Cow universe in general. That just sucks, after he died Witchblade stories went into a downward spiral in quality that only started to recover when Ron Marz started taking over the writing.

#39 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow wins. Darkness is no joke.

#40 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: Yeah, basically once a month they had the vote up on the Top Cow website. I think he did deserve a better end, and I agree, Marz basically saved the series from where it was going.

#41 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

@Crom-Cruach: Yeah, basically once a month they had the vote up on the Top Cow website. I think he did deserve a better end, and I agree, Marz basically saved the series from where it was going.

Sometimes I wish he would come back from the dead, then I remember that villains staying dead is one of the things that makes Top Cow awesome. Still... I miss him.

#42 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Wyldsong said:

Sometimes I wish he would come back from the dead, then I remember that villains staying dead is one of the things that makes Top Cow awesome. Still... I miss him.

Yup...unless you are the wielder of fairly decent artifact, then dead means dead in Top Cow. Irons was pretty awesome though.

#43 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wyldsong said:

Yup...unless you are the wielder of fairly decent artifact, then dead means dead in Top Cow. Irons was pretty awesome though.

What I liked about him besides being awesome in his portrayal was that he filled a slot we don't have really in the Top Cow universe, a persistent antagonist that caught that could manipulate and thwart the heroes at every turn while having a good reason to survive these encounters (extreme cunning and good tricks up his sleeve). Aside from Morningstar in the short lived Hunter-Killer, which was enjoyable. The top cow universe hasn't had an overreaching antagonist in a long time. Most antagonist last one story arc tops.

The new Witchblade issues seems to be setting that up with that shadowy corporation they are slowly introducing and Caine's uncle. But I don't know, it would be nice to have a cunning villain that could last more then a story arc for a change.

#44 Posted by Wyldsong (5581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: That's true. There hasn't been a villain like Irons that has lasted any real length of time that I can call to mind. Hopefully, just hopefully we can get a worthy villain to stick around for a bit in some of the upcoming stories.

I do wish we could have seen more from Morningstar and Hunter-Killer though...and I am still on the fence about the Cyberforce reboot. At least I still enjoy Witchblade and the Darkness though.

Ah well, thanks for the discussion, but I need to get some sleep my friend. I am probably going to start of reread of Witchblade starting tomorrow now that you got me thinking about all of it.

#45 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Jackie can solo

#46 Posted by Deadgod (1433 posts) - - Show Bio

Top Cow/Image team

#47 Posted by NeonGameWave (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a long fight but Team Top Cow win due to The Darkness`s overall power and where the fight takes place, Spawn`s diverse abilities, and Darkchylde`s powers to create or become monsters of her nightmares.

#48 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Jackie kills half the team 1 by himself.

Hulk is immune to Darkness and it makes him stronger, something Jackie discovered first hand.

Hulk vs Jakie isnt going to end well for Jackie at all.

#49 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cole_Mercer said:

I think Jackie can solo

Copy paste again:

Hulk is immune to Darkness and it makes him stronger, something Jackie discovered first hand.

Hulk vs Jakie isnt going to end well for Jackie at all.

#50 Posted by Immortal777 (7588 posts) - - Show Bio

@I_am_Warlock: In a crossover which has no place in this battle.