Vs

Necron Lord

Rules:

-The lord has all the standard gear he is allowed

-In character

-No preparation

-Win by Death or Ko

#2 Edited by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lord has all his gear? He'll gut them all like animals with Thor putting up the most resistance.

#3 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

The Lord has all his gear? He'll gut them all like animals with Thor putting up the most resistance.

I think Thor handles it. After the whole Gorr thing, he should match a C'Tan Shard.

Rest die horribly.

#4 Edited by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: How is he going to counter a Lord's phase shifter or chronometron? Thor is not my strongest character in terms of knowledge by a mile but I don't recall him having anything to counter that sort of thing.

#5 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: How is he going to counter a Lord's phase shifter or chronometer? Thor is not my strongest character in terms of knowledge by a mile but I don't recall him having anything to counter that sort of thing.

The Phase was countered by Space Marines all the time in Battle of Damnos as well Soul Drinkers Novel. They have to unfaze for attack and you strike. Thor is no stranger to Phasers.

The Chronometron in Dawn of War Games and Table Top Game is a advantage for a short time. Then it stops. Also how slow does it go in Novels or Canon Statements? I never seen anything it slows time anymore than say Warp Time. Thor also has those funcky weather powers to vortex a whole city wide area in Super Hurricans or Vortexes into other Dimensions.

#6 Edited by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: We saw a Necron use it in the fall of Damnos:

“A flash of translocation lit the grand tomb chamber. When it abated, the Architect was in a different room. Using his chronomancy, he had descended several levels in a nanosecond.”

-Fall Of Damnos pg. 76

#7 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

“A flash of translocation lit the grand tomb chamber. When it abated, the Architect was in a different room. Using his chronometron, he had descended several levels in a nanosecond.”

-Fall Of Damnos pg. 76

Where do you get these quotes from?

#8 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

“A flash of translocation lit the grand tomb chamber. When it abated, the Architect was in a different room. Using his chronometron, he had descended several levels in a nanosecond.”

-Fall Of Damnos pg. 76

Fast, but short while. If the Chronometron was so powerful like that, then the mere 2nd Ultra Company would never done half as well as they had.

Thor >>>>>>>> 2nd Company Marines.

Im just saying :)

#9 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@strider92 said:

-Fall Of Damnos pg. 76

Where do you get these quotes from?

THe Novels. Fall of Damnos.

Fun Fact. There is Officially over 100 40K Novels in the market currently.

#10 Posted by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: Wait wait the Ultramarines did well and Matt Ward wasn't writing!? I am officially speechless!

#11 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@indiecomicsftw: Wait wait the Ultramarines did well and Matt Ward wasn't writing!? I am officially speechless!

I know right! The Soul Drinkers (Mere 200 of them) also stomped a active Tomb World!

That Space Marine Magic. Selling those miniatures like they are the only Race that matters lol.

#12 Posted by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: lol i'm calling BS on that. No way should 200 marines stand a hells chance against an active Tomb World unless of course they were packing some powerful psykers or magic weapons.

#13 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

@indiecomicsftw: lol i'm calling BS on that. No way should 200 marines stand a hells chance against an active Tomb World unless of course they were packing some powerful psykers or magic weapons.

Read it. The ****ing Soul Drinkers do what they want! Sarpedon also proved the Hell (TP Attack) actually affected Necron Lords.

Ben Counter is the best writer EVER!

#14 Posted by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: He's a good writer but is notorious for OPed characters. Heck in Seventh Retribution he created a character that was capable of fighting an entire company of Terminators including Darth Lysander and a Culexus Assassin while simultaneously dodging sniper fire from scouts and the grand master of the Vindicare temple..........with nothing but her bare hands.....

#15 Posted by Pierpat (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the mind-scarabs could take over Iron man and wolverine, whyle phase shifter and the scythe will be dangerous for the others, and the cronometron will give him one easy kill.

I see the avengers winning in the end, but they'll have their losses.

#16 Posted by Strider92 (15243 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Well if he has all his gear i'm thinking the Voidblade is going to be far more dangerous than the scythe :p

#17 Posted by Chaos Prime (10581 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

I know right! The Soul Drinkers (Mere 200 of them) also stomped a active Tomb World!

That Space Marine Magic. Selling those miniatures like they are the only Race that matters lol.

HaHaHa that i gotta read :)

#18 Posted by Pierpat (1971 posts) - - Show Bio

@pierpat: Well if he has all his gear i'm thinking the Voidblade is going to be far more dangerous than the scythe :p

Well, yes and now.

As for game mechanics, a voidblade phases in and out of reality, but not according to the user's will, but randomly, so it can be the best weapon ever, but it's not the most reliable.

While a Warscythe negates any armor.

In 40k the terminator armor is negated by very few things, so we know for sure i the warscythe will always cut thru.

And it gives an additional dice to armor penetration, meaning it could potentially carve open a land raider, tanks wich resist being thrown down form the low atmosphere and are so resistant a plasma simply can't damage them.

I'd give him the Schyte, you choose yourself.

Btw fall of damons is a quite good book for feats, it should be used more often.