Avengers v.s Justice League

• 109 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By New_World_Order

JLA

CapRay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, if we match them up 1 on 1, then Avengers would win. Thor can take on all the JLA members listed by himself if it is 1 on 1. I guess the battle would look something like this.

Round 1:

Ant Man vs Flash- Flash would win since he would be too fast for ant man to swat.

Wasp vs Martian Manhunter- Manhunter CURBSTOMPS.

Batman vs Captain America- I guess this is a no prep battle so Captain America wins with relative ease.

Wonder Woman vs Hulk- Hard to tell, but I guess Wonder Woman would win.

Superman vs Thor- Thor, but not easily, he has to hit Superman really hard with the hammer. Thor would take some serious beating from Superman while trying to hit Superman with his magical hammer. Superman, having Superspeed would dodge, but I guess if Thor played smart, he could block out the Sun then squash Superman with his hammer.

Iron Man vs Green Lanter- Green Lantern Stomps.

Round 2.

Thor vs Flash- Just like the Superman battle, Thor would take some serious beating before he could hit the Flash, but I guess eventually Thor would win.

Captain America vs Wonder Woman- Wonder Woman CURBSTOMPS.

Round 3.

Thor vs Martian Manhunter- Well Thor would win due to him pyrokinesis abilities.

Round 4.

Thor vs Wonder Woman- Thor would win this, but not easily.

Jaaaaase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Jaaaaase

So...I'd guess we'll go:

Thor vs Superman - Oh, man...what a tough one. Both have God-like strength and near-invulnerability. Have to give the slight edge to Superman, due to his inexplicable edge in sheer amount of assorted powers.

Iron Man vs Wonder Woman - No one will ever convince me that Iron Man wouldn't out-smart, out-fight, and out-class Wonder Woman...ever.

Captain America vs Batman - Have to go with the Bat. Superior martial training, top-flight gadgets...Cap's shield and heart just aren't enough.

Ant Man vs Flash - The most intriguing match-up, by far...vastly superior speed vs variable size/vastly superior technology...Suppose it would depend on the terrain, and who got the jump on whom. Toss-up.

Hulk vs Martian Manhunter - MM has a nifty bag of tricks, but this...is...the...HULK.

Wasp vs Green Lantern - Too bad Wasp is on the original Avengers line-up...cause this one is a laugher.

Final count, by my tally:...Avengers: 2.5, JLA: 3.5 (I'd like to discuss an expanded lineup for each squad, though)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JLA Stomp

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By beatboks1

@thundergodswrath: @blazinghell: @dondave:

There was a reason why this thread was unlocked after I PM'd the then Mod

After this well thought out reply

"Hey Arrow, re the Avengers v.s. Justice League (created by allthingsodinson, while I admit the crossing of these two teams has been done oodles (on every comic forum around, at that). This particular thread does have the possibility of actually having something different (like a fight that can actually be reasonably debated with but a small edit). If the OP were to edit the OP to state all players are at original power levels (as in when both teams formed - or Cap A joined), there is actually room for debate that hasn't existed in the previous 30 something threads on the vine. I'm not saying that's reason to re-open it, nor am I asking for that to happen. Just keep in mind if someone ever posts the "same' battle with that stipulation. After all all the DC characters from 55 to 63ish were well below their "peak" SA levels, and Marvel characters (at least of the Avengers) were closer to Iconic types in that era)"

Im going to re-open the thread.

If you take original versions of both teams at their original levels it IS a fair match.

Seriously to defeat MMH all they need is a match, Superman magic ( ahhh Mjilnor???), GL Yellow ( original Iron Man's armor was all yellow), WW was an easy beat also

From page 1

@AllThingsOdinSon

said:

"

Original members on both teams

Avengers - Ant Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America

Justice League- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (no aquaman)

Battlefield Los Angelos....(looks like a good movie)

Ma

tch them up on 1v1 and use rounds...

"

If your sticking to "original members" than Captain America wasn't (re-animated in issue 4 of Avengers). All the same close enough to let it slide.

Are all members at original power levels also?? If not what power levels. It's a very important question. Superman at the start of JLA wasn't as powerful (in his depiction) as he was say 5 years later (full SA level powers), GL's weakness to yellow was ridiculously over stated (which was the color of Iran mans Original armor, WW was way below her later power levels- she even needed Superman's help to be pulled out of tar. Manhunters weakness to fire was a lot more pronounced and he used his mental abilities a lot less than later on (if at all) to a lot lower levels. All this while at the same time the Avengers (save Ironman who's armor has well untruly advanced ) were higher than later levels.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

All above images are from JLA issue 1.

Of all the matches that could be made between the JLA and the Avengers (where the line ups actually represent teams as they have been) this is the one in which the Avengers have the best chance against a REAL JLA (obviously by the "real" statement I'm excluding the Detroit league).

I suspect (based on his subsequent posts and how he mentioned certain weaknesses that no longer exist) that the OP meant original power levels of both.

That would make it a more interesting (and even ) contest, since as the scans I posted on the previous page show that the JLA's heavy hitters were much less powerful back then.

Even Superman in the original year of JLA wasn't anywhere near his SA power levels (the scan I showed of him pulling WW out of Tar actually needed him to make three heaves), not to mention how lame his Kryptonite weakness was in those early days.

No Caption Provided

MM rarely used any of his non superman like powers (shape shifting, TP, TK invisibility, intangibility) and his strength, invulnerability and speed were well below later feats (in issue three or 4 he actually couldn't go any faster because the air friction was hurting him, and the mere presence of fire made him weak as a kitten)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Modern MM could have simply used his TP to mind rape Kromm, but not the MM of the original year or few.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By DarkRaiden

Avengers have a good chance of winning due to Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man. Not sure, seems even though.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Okay im gonna start it off

In the first round I say THOR VS SUPERMAN ....THOR WINS

No.

WASP VS MARTIAN .... MARTIAN WINS

IRON MAN VS GREEN LANTERN .....IRON MAN WINS

CAPTAIN AMERICA VS BATMAN ..... CAPTAIN WINS

HULK VS WONDERWOMAN .... HULK WINS

What?

ANT MAN VS FLASH.....FLASH WINS

the debatable one is def thor...but he has can beat superman..he can beat superman he is a GOD, and has his f@#%ing awesome hammer, and superman is weak to magic...

Feasible, but Supes has gone toe to toe with both Shazam and Black Adam who are way stronger than Thor... he's still breathing

It took me awhile to decide about captain winning and im still not sure....

You don't even friggin know how do we take your word?

also iron mans victory was unsure....i think his chest blast would finally beat out the green lantern

What? Who's to say GL wouldn't lock him in a ball and trash compact him?

In the second round

HULK , IRON MAN, AND CAPTAIN V.S MARTIAN AND FLASH (left thor out cause that battle would probably take awhile)

Flash is the wild card

but i think cause of the hulk the avengers would end up winning... flash looses his footing and iron man capitalizes...martian would be out early from a hit from hulk..(if landed)

Ok so you're not serious

Flash honestly could solo

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Original members is all well and good, but unless the OP specified original power levels this is tilted against the Avengers.