• 109 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AllThingsOdinSon (78 posts) - - Show Bio

 Original members on both teams 
Avengers - Ant Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America 
Justice League- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (no aquaman)
 
 Battlefield Los Angelos....(looks like a good movie) 
Match them up on 1v1 and use rounds... 

#2 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA,too many heavy hitters.

#3 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon:
martain manhunter can solo...
#4 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are talking original versions of these characters than I would go with The Avengers but if we are going with the modern versions then the JLA wins.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33379 posts) - - Show Bio

hasn't this been done?

#6 Posted by Nefarious (20325 posts) - - Show Bio

Spite.

#7 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA wins here...
#8 Posted by HellionVulcan (3772 posts) - - Show Bio

Give the avengers prep time or else slaughter .

#9 Posted by AllThingsOdinSon (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay im gonna start it off
In the first round I say THOR VS SUPERMAN ....THOR WINS
WASP VS MARTIAN  .... MARTIAN WINS
IRON MAN VS GREEN LANTERN .....IRON MAN WINS
CAPTAIN AMERICA VS BATMAN ..... CAPTAIN WINS
HULK VS WONDERWOMAN .... HULK WINS
ANT MAN VS FLASH.....FLASH WINS 
 

the debatable one is def thor...but he has can beat superman..he can beat superman he is a GOD, and has his f@#%ing awesome hammer, and superman is weak to magic...
It took me awhile to decide about captain winning and im still not sure....
also iron mans victory was unsure....i think his chest blast would finally beat out the green lantern
In the second round 
HULK , IRON MAN, AND CAPTAIN V.S MARTIAN AND FLASH   (left thor out cause that battle would probably take awhile)
Flash is the wild card but i think cause of the hulk the avengers would end up winning... flash looses his footing and iron man capitalizes...martian would be out early from a hit from hulk..(if landed)

#10 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
" @AllThingsOdinSon: martain manhunter can solo... "
agreed
#11 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon said:
" Okay im gonna start it off
In the first round I say THOR VS SUPERMAN ....THOR WINS
WASP VS MARTIAN  .... MARTIAN WINS
IRON MAN VS GREEN LANTERN .....IRON MAN WINS
CAPTAIN AMERICA VS BATMAN ..... CAPTAIN WINS
HULK VS WONDERWOMAN .... HULK WINS
ANT MAN VS FLASH.....FLASH WINS 
 

the debatable one is def thor...but he has can beat superman..he can beat superman he is a GOD, and has his f@#%ing awesome hammer, and superman is weak to magic...
It took me awhile to decide about captain winning and im still not sure....
also iron mans victory was unsure....i think his chest blast would finally beat out the green lantern
In the second round 
HULK , IRON MAN, AND CAPTAIN V.S MARTIAN AND FLASH   (left thor out cause that battle would probably take awhile)
Flash is the wild card but i think cause of the hulk the avengers would end up winning... flash looses his footing and iron man capitalizes...martian would be out early from a hit from hulk..(if landed) "
Can we debate a little before saying that Ant Man Beats Flash?That one doesn't make since sorry.
#12 Posted by AllThingsOdinSon (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought that was the most obvious

#13 Posted by PirateKing69 (4290 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#14 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

superman vs thor is a 50/50 debate with great arguements on both sides, flash beats ant man..., green lantern (which green lantern), most green lanterns should be capable of putting down ironman
#15 Posted by AllThingsOdinSon (78 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont see why people choose jla so fast

#16 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon:
martain manhunter could literally just drop there entire team with telepathy... take out superman and martain manhunter and the fights more even
#17 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon: How do you figure?Flash is one of the most powerful characters in the DCU
#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

#19 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
" superman vs thor is a 50/50 debate with great arguements on both sides, flash beats ant man..., green lantern (which green lantern), most green lanterns should be capable of putting down ironman "
Most people say GL stomps Iron Man,but I really think his current armor could give any lantern a fight.
#20 Posted by SochBAT (12 posts) - - Show Bio

GL is the most powerful weapon in the Universe. JLA takes this cake. 

#21 Posted by Nefarious (20325 posts) - - Show Bio

The JLA would put the Avengers over their knees and spank them.

#22 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

okay. kryptonian, amazon, speed force guy, martian, gl =slaughterstomp.
#23 Posted by YouFinished (418 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA because MM's telepathy.  
Otherwise if he can't use it the Avengers would put up a way better fight but might still lose.

#24 Posted by DarthRahl90 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA for a massive stomp.  Ant Man and Wasp really weigh the Avengers down here. 

#25 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

haha it's a good thing you took out Aquaman, otherwise this fight would've been a COMPLETE shit show

#26 Edited by AllThingsOdinSon (78 posts) - - Show Bio

who can get beat by wood or the colour yellow....

#27 Posted by tensor (4333 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon: ironman beating gl,hulk beating wonder woman really?
Online
#28 Posted by Cosmic_Falcon (2039 posts) - - Show Bio
@youfinished said:
" JLA because MM's telepathy.  Otherwise if he can't use it the Avengers would put up a way better fight but might still lose. "
They would slaughter the Avengers even without MM's telepathy
#29 Posted by YouFinished (418 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @youfinished said:
" JLA because MM's telepathy.  Otherwise if he can't use it the Avengers would put up a way better fight but might still lose. "
They would slaughter the Avengers even without MM's telepathy "
Slaughter isn't the proper term but I already said that they would lose.
#30 Posted by Cosmic_Falcon (2039 posts) - - Show Bio
@youfinished said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @youfinished said:
" JLA because MM's telepathy.  Otherwise if he can't use it the Avengers would put up a way better fight but might still lose. "
They would slaughter the Avengers even without MM's telepathy "
Slaughter isn't the proper term but I already said that they would lose. "
Slaughter is the proper term, Hulk can't fly, Thor would get creamed and the rest of them are worthless
#31 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

Manhunter solos. GL could conceivably solo. 

Moderator
#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelJackAss433 said:
" @Valtot said:
" superman vs thor is a 50/50 debate with great arguements on both sides, flash beats ant man..., green lantern (which green lantern), most green lanterns should be capable of putting down ironman "
Most people say GL stomps Iron Man,but I really think his current armor could give any lantern a fight. "
How?
Moderator
#33 Posted by beatboks1 (7225 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon said:

"  Original members on both teams 
Avengers - Ant Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America 
Justice League- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter (no aquaman)
 
 Battlefield Los Angelos....(looks like a good movie) 
Match them up on 1v1 and use rounds...  "

If your sticking to "original members" than Captain America wasn't (re-animated in issue 4 of Avengers). All the same close enough to let it slide.
Are all members at original power levels also??  If not what power levels. It's a very important question.  Superman at the start  of JLA wasn't as powerful (in his depiction) as he was say 5 years later (full SA level powers), GL's weakness to yellow was ridiculously over stated (which was the color of Iran mans Original armor, WW was way below her later power levels- she even needed Superman's help to be pulled out of tar. Manhunters weakness to fire was a lot more pronounced and he used his mental abilities a lot less than later on (if at all) to a lot lower levels. All this while at the same time the Avengers (save Ironman who's armor has well untruly advanced ) were higher than later levels.
 






All above images are from JLA issue 1.
 
Of all the matches that could be made between the JLA and the Avengers (where the line ups actually represent teams as they have been) this is the one in which the Avengers have the best chance against a REAL JLA (obviously by the "real" statement I'm excluding the Detroit league).
 
I've debated this before here 
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?threadID=2000232461
#34 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1:
it sais original memebers as in the original team memembers not original power levels
#35 Posted by Afterglow (384 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon said:
" who can get beat by wood or the colour yellow.... "
Those weaknesses disappeared decades ago.
#36 Posted by beatboks1 (7225 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot said:
" @beatboks1: it sais original memebers as in the original team memembers not original power levels "
That's sort of my point. The OP seems pretty convinced that the Avengers have a shot in this. The only way that's possible if it's original power levels as well. So I was asking in case he meant that but didn't state so correctly, it's been done before. Like I say that's the only way these two line ups could be in any way a close call. Since that would also be well before the speed force was ever considered.
 
@AllThingsOdinSon said:
" who can get beat by wood or the colour yellow.... "

By the By no GL who's ever been considered a member of the JLA had a weakness to wood. That's the JSA member, and even when he had that weakness he was usually smart enough to work out a way around it unless dog tired.
#37 Posted by Billy Batson (58024 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#38 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA

#39 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA lol.

#40 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA... only one on the Avengers that can contend here is Ironman w/ prep, Thor, and Hulk with PIS
#41 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Valtot:
wouldnt the martian  have a hardtime with hulk , as in trying to use telepathy
 
and jl stomps
#42 Posted by cattlebattle (12769 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasp solos................................kidding JL wins
Online
#43 Posted by franklinrichards86 (400 posts) - - Show Bio

is it original members but with current powers?
#44 Posted by CrisCannibal (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon said:
" Okay im gonna start it off
In the first round I say THOR VS SUPERMAN ....THOR WINS
WASP VS MARTIAN  .... MARTIAN WINS
IRON MAN VS GREEN LANTERN .....IRON MAN WINS
CAPTAIN AMERICA VS BATMAN ..... CAPTAIN WINS
HULK VS WONDERWOMAN .... HULK WINS
ANT MAN VS FLASH.....FLASH WINS 
 

the debatable one is def thor...but he has can beat superman..he can beat superman he is a GOD, and has his f@#%ing awesome hammer, and superman is weak to magic...
It took me awhile to decide about captain winning and im still not sure....
also iron mans victory was unsure....i think his chest blast would finally beat out the green lantern
In the second round 
HULK , IRON MAN, AND CAPTAIN V.S MARTIAN AND FLASH   (left thor out cause that battle would probably take awhile)
Flash is the wild card but i think cause of the hulk the avengers would end up winning... flash looses his footing and iron man capitalizes...martian would be out early from a hit from hulk..(if landed) "
I still think Batman could totally take on Cap. He's taken on bane without disconnecting the tubes delivering the Venom into his bloodstream and other DC heavy hitting villains. So I totally think Batman could take on Captain America as for the rest I'm sure they are correct. But your right Flash is kind of a wildcard. I mean if Ant Man decided to grow I don't think flash would have much of a chance. And if he shrank well...what good is all that speed if you can hardly see your target?
#45 Posted by CrisCannibal (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@SochBAT said:
" GL is the most powerful weapon in the Universe. JLA takes this cake.  "
Well in the DC Universe. But when you collide DC and Marvel you never know.
#46 Edited by SilverGalford (3262 posts) - - Show Bio

 JLA,too many heavy hitters.    

#47 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian mind rapes all of them except maybe Thor who just gets beaten down by al there heavy hitters.
#48 Posted by beatboks1 (7225 posts) - - Show Bio
@franklinrichards86 said:
" is it original members but with current powers? "
I think we can give up on getting an answer on that once, since I first asked (the opposite way around) over 20 hrs ago.  
I suspect (based on his subsequent posts and how he mentioned certain weaknesses that no longer exist) that the OP meant original power levels of both.
That would make it a more interesting (and even ) contest, since as the scans I posted on the previous page show that the JLA's heavy hitters were much less powerful back then.
Even Superman in the original year of JLA wasn't  anywhere near his SA power levels (the scan I showed of him pulling WW out of Tar actually needed him to make three heaves), not to mention how lame his Kryptonite weakness was in those early days. 



 MM rarely used any of his non superman like powers (shape shifting, TP, TK invisibility, intangibility) and his strength, invulnerability and speed were well below later feats (in issue three or 4 he actually couldn't go any faster because the air friction was hurting him, and the mere presence of fire made him weak as a kitten)




Modern MM could have simply used his TK to mind rape Kromm, but not the MM of the original year or two.
#49 Posted by CrisCannibal (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" Wasp solos................................kidding JL wins "
lol
#50 Posted by CrisCannibal (50 posts) - - Show Bio
@AllThingsOdinSon said:
" who can get beat by wood or the colour yellow.... "
jaja totally forgot about that dude