This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by thatgingerguy69 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that this has been done to death, but this battle is only between 7 members. I have a debate in my English class, and my teacher is letting us do the Avengers vs. the Justice League (I know, it's awesome, lol). For the purpose of the debate, we're having rounds of fighting. We roughly sorted our heroes from weakest to strongest and the weakest fight first. The surviving fighter goes in to the next round. ex: thor kills wonder woman, so he advances to the next round (yes, it would be 2v1).

Like I said, there are 7 heroes per side, hence 7 rounds. All fights are just in a random city on Earth, with no BFR. Each character has on his/her suit if they have one, but it's a random encounter.

I honestly don't read comic books, so go easy on me lol. Just please go in-depth as to why each hero would win a round, because we're supposed to be debating it, and I can't just reference a person on a comic book forum site. And just to let you know, I'm debating for the Avengers side. Lastly, all characters are out to kill. So Thor/Superman won't hold back at the beginning of the fight, Batman will kill people, etc.

Avengers Justice League

Round 1: Ant-man vs. Aquaman

Round 2: The Wasp vs. Batman

Round 3: Hawkeye vs. The Flash

Round 4: Captain America vs. Martian Manhunter

Round 5: Iron Man vs. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Round 6: Hulk vs. Wonder Woman

Round 7: Thor vs. Superman

Okay, so say Ant-man wins the first round, he would be able to help The Wasp in the next fight. Then if they both killed Batman, it would be The Wasp, Ant-man, and Hawkeye against The Flash. As a final note, what my friend and I were planning on doing to make it so it wasn't like 5 of The Justice League against Hulk, was have Iron Man call all 42 of his suits, like he did in Iron Man 3 (the movie). Just please go in to a lot of detail about each round, so I can really debate it. Oh, and I realize that the Avengers are kind of major under dogs in this, but thanks in advance :)

#2 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatgingerguy69: Quick question since thor is willing to kill is he in wariors maddnes?

#3 Posted by thatgingerguy69 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: I guess so? :P I wish I was really able to answer these questions, but like I said, I don't actually read comic books. Unless he get's like invincible like that, then why not?

#4 Edited by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

* walks in, sees thread* -_- * kills self*

#5 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye vs.. LMFAOO. Captain America vs... ROFL copters... this is brutal

welcome to the vine!

#6 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatgingerguy69: Ok. I will assume he is not in it.

ROUND 1: Ant-Man vs Aquaman. Aquaman. While Ant-Man is incredibly smart (Asuming he is Henry Pym) he has no real way to take down Aquaman. Aquaman can summon the creatures of the ocean, use some somewhat psychic abilites to his head or just cruch him with his super strength.

ROUND 2: The Wasp vs Batman. Batman. Even without Aquaman with him he could still beat her. Her stings might be able to catch him off gaurd but he is faster, a better fighter and has enough gadgets to put her down. And with aquaman it is a roflstomp.

ROUND 3: Hawkeye vs The Flash. Since you don't know much about comics let me put it simple. Flash does an IMP to Hawkeye faster than the speed of light or speed steals him keeping him as a statue forever as he snaps his neck. Flash stomps without either Bats or Aquaman.

ROUND 4: Captian America vs Martian Manhunter. Martian Manhuter. He has psychic abilites, can phaze thorugh caps sheild and is almost as strong as superman.

ROUND 5: Iron Man vs Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). Green Lantern. His ring can easily break iron mans suit and snap his neck. His constructs can be nearly anything he can imagine. He could take him and smash him with a giant green hammer.

ROUND 6: Hulk vs Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman. Her combat speed is fast enough to be ftl. She has beaten superman and has magical items. She also has GL, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Batman and Aquaman. She stomps.

ROUND 7: Thor vs Superman. Superman. While thor can hurt superman with his hammer he is not as strong or as fast as him. Superman has a wider arrange of powers like heat vision and super breath. He also has all the other members who stomp.

#7 Posted by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch

#8 Edited by russellmania77 (15021 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 2: The Wasp vs. Batman duh

#9 Posted by thatgingerguy69 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@calebhara: I realize that those 2 match-ups are completely one-sided (hell, most of them are), but we didn't have too much of a choice in the matter. We had to pick how we were going to do the debate fast, so we didn't have time to find all completely fair match-ups so that it boiled down to better debating skills :/

@bronze_surfer: Thank you for the explanations. Although, I'm wondering how Wasp loses to Batman. Couldn't Wasp just summon a bunch of poisonous insects, and then while Batman is shielding himself, grow up to 200 feet and step on Batman?

I also wonder how Wonder Woman can beat the Hulk. If she speed blitzed him, IMO she wouldn't even hurt him much at all. He's incredibly durable and with his insane healing, I think he would just heal over and over if she tried to blitz him. All the while getting more and more angry, further enhancing his strength/healing capabilities. At that point, couldn't he just do a thunder-clap and slow Diana down enough to hit her? If I know enough, then if Hulk gets ahold of her then she can't really do anything, because couldn't he just put her bracelets together and make her a normal human?

#10 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash solos.

This is a mismatch.

Justice League wins pretty easily.

#11 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatgingerguy69: 1: Batman would most likely have insect repelent with the equipment he has.

2: He can call in the bat plane to shoot her down with missles.

3: He has aqua man who stomps her.

Now for WW vs Hulk

1: She is strong enough to hurt superman so she can hurt the hulk

2: Her magic stuff can beat hulk

3: Her laso of truth is unbreakabel and she can restrain hulk just like apocolypse did

4. Speed blitz

5: She has all the other members from prevoies rounds with her

6 She can KO him quickly so he can than be killed

7 She can dodge Thunder Clap

8 The braclets are not the source of her power. In new 52 it restricts her power so if she takes them off she is super powerful and can ko the hulk in a few hits. Pre 52 there just unbreakabel

9 He grabs her she can get out of his grip.

#12 Posted by Orbiter (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Ant-Man beats Aquaman if there is no water nearby.

Batman beats Wasp with ease.

Flash beats Hawkeye with ease.

Martian Manhunter beats Captain America.

Green Lantern beats Iron Man.

Hulk beats Wonder Woman with ease.

Thor and Superman duke it out and Thor narrowly wins. This is due to energy absorption, shielding (Mjolnir has been seen to contain a Life Bomb that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe), Godblast (knocked Juggernaut back), his energy blasts have bowled back Galactus, the striking power of Mjolnir can be felt through all planes of existence, he's beaten Gladiator, Hyperion, Silver Surfer, and The Hulk.

This brings it to:

Ant-Man vs. Batman (Ant-Man wins)

Hulk vs. Flash (Hulk wins)

Thor vs. Manhunter (Thor wins)

Then:

Green Lantern beats Ant-Man, Hulk or Thor beats Green Lantern. Even if GL or Flash beat Hulk, Thor could take them. Avengers win this. Alternatively, it could go like this:

Ant-Man vs. Aquaman (Ant-Man on land)

Captain America vs. Batman (Cap)

Wasp vs. Flash (Flash)

Hawkeye vs. Manhunter (Manhunter)

Iron Man vs. Hal (Hal)

Hulk vs. WW (Hulk)

Thor vs. Supes (Thor)

Flash beats Ant-Man, Manhunter beats Cap, Hulk beats GL. Then Thor beats Manhunter, Hulk beats Flash.

#13 Posted by Apotheosized (4 posts) - - Show Bio

The enitre dc team basically stomps everyone then they have some trouble with the hulk eventually they beat him (they have batman lol the bat-factor would kick in) and then they Harlem shake on Thors body at least this is how I see it.

#14 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the vine I guess.... anyway this fights very one sided. I could see Iron Man with prep somehow beat GL...... I could see folks arguing for Hulk and Thor as well, but the other guys don't stand a chance against their DC counterparts. And again you'd have to do some serious arguing to make the case for Iron Man. Hulk and Thor.... those fights are up for debate. Personally I think without BFR that Hulk takes Wonder Woman, but Thor loses to Superman. Hulk winning his fight is the only one I see happening and even there it's highly arguable.

#15 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the vine I guess.... anyway this fights very one sided. I could see Iron Man with prep somehow beat GL...... I could see folks arguing for Hulk and Thor as well, but the other guys don't stand a chance against their DC counterparts. And again you'd have to do some serious arguing to make the case for Iron Man. Hulk and Thor.... those fights are up for debate. Personally I think without BFR that Hulk takes Wonder Woman, but Thor loses to Superman. Hulk winning his fight is the only one I see happening and even there it's highly arguable.

Wonder Woman is going ALL OUT from the get go. ALL out. NOTHING back. High end strength and speed feats. Unbreakable Lasso of Truth from a Greek Goddess. Tiara that's been seen cutting Supes' throat. Assuming Post-Crises is being used, Hulk (assuming this is base form hulk when he's JUST transformed) would have to take combat FTL and or relativistic punches from an Amazon Warrior who has comparable strength and durability feats to the man of steel, is a better fighter than the man of steel who knows quite few places to hurt the male anatomy (if you know what I'm sayin'), and has TWO unbreakable high class magical items, one of which can rend even the Man of Steel's hide, and the other, even he can't break from. In a fight with parameters like this, Wondie gets the first hit, and the second, and the third, and the fourth, and fifth, and sixth, and etc, and that's even assuming a base level hulk could survive the first punch assuming her first attack even IS a punch when she could just throw her tiara at his jugular.

#16 Posted by HeWhoSees (629 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a feeling that this has been done to death, but this battle is only between 7 members. I have a debate in my English class, and my teacher is letting us do the Avengers vs. the Justice League (I know, it's awesome, lol). For the purpose of the debate, we're having rounds of fighting. We roughly sorted our heroes from weakest to strongest and the weakest fight first. The surviving fighter goes in to the next round. ex: thor kills wonder woman, so he advances to the next round (yes, it would be 2v1).

Like I said, there are 7 heroes per side, hence 7 rounds. All fights are just in a random city on Earth, with no BFR. Each character has on his/her suit if they have one, but it's a random encounter.

I honestly don't read comic books, so go easy on me lol. Just please go in-depth as to why each hero would win a round, because we're supposed to be debating it, and I can't just reference a person on a comic book forum site. And just to let you know, I'm debating for the Avengers side. Lastly, all characters are out to kill. So Thor/Superman won't hold back at the beginning of the fight, Batman will kill people, etc.

Avengers Justice League

Okay, so say Ant-man wins the first round, he would be able to help The Wasp in the next fight. Then if they both killed Batman, it would be The Wasp, Ant-man, and Hawkeye against The Flash. As a final note, what my friend and I were planning on doing to make it so it wasn't like 5 of The Justice League against Hulk, was have Iron Man call all 42 of his suits, like he did in Iron Man 3 (the movie). Just please go in to a lot of detail about each round, so I can really debate it. Oh, and I realize that the Avengers are kind of major under dogs in this, but thanks in advance :)

It might help if you were better able to narrow it all down to a specific version of the DC characters and the Marvel ones man (I suggest Post-Crises/Pre-New 52 for DC and Universe-616 for Marvel).

That being said, one of the BETTER arguments you can have for Thor is that, will Mjonir, he has a bit of an edge in energy projection currently...

That's...about it actually. The two of them are roughly on par in terms of physical durability, lifting strength is Superman's domain (unless someone can prove that him pulling the Midgard Serpent off the earth WASN'T a feat steeped in unquantifiable Meta-Physics like him holding up the World Engine), striking strength is probably Thor's (due in large to Mjolnir), but the real kicker here, is the Man of Steel's speed. THAT'S the deciding factor here. You could have all the god-blasts and anti-force blasts you want, but, just like with Goku's Spirit bomb, if you're target is moving incredibly fast and is going all out punching you with a comparable striking power in close range with that speed...well...looks like Superman just 'Avenged' Raiden for his defeat at the hands of the Prince of Asgard in Death Battles man.

#17 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatgingerguy69: the facts state Justice League wins easily the only non mismatches here are round 6 and 7 but both WW and Superman are superior to their opponents in many ways.

@russellmania77: @bronze_surfer: So basically you'll are saying justice league stomps, which is absolutely right :)

#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, how many people come to comic vine without a lick of knowledge about who they are talking about.....Hulk "easily" beating Wonder Woman? Someone who is infinitely faster and more skilled? Iron Man with prep beating Hal who is fast enough to react to Zoom posing as Barry and travel FTL, able to shield himself from exploding suns and generate blasts as hot as the sun, able to instantly heal, teleport himself and others and open worm holes? Aquaman losing to Hank Pym? Hank has no TP protection from what I know, nor is he nearly as durable as Arthur on land or on water and if it is Pre 52 Arthur than he stomps with water hand. Batman losing to Wasp? First of all, Bat-wasp repellent, second of all, batman has a sonic wave emitter that was powerful enough to knock out a telepath, if Wasp is shrunken and gets hit by a sonic wave, she should have a seizure ...Thor beating Superman and/or Martian Manhunter? I don't even have to argue that, we know how that goes. Hulk beating Flash and/or Green Lantern? No comment....besides that's just pure ignorance....

JLA sweep nearly every matchup without effort.....

#19 Edited by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@orbiter said:

Ant-Man beats Aquaman if there is no water nearby.

Whether it's New-52 or Pre-52, Aquaman has far better skill, strength, speed, and durability than Ant-Man. If it's pre-52, he can use telepathy to take Pym down, or he can just beat him in a straight-up fight using whatever weaponized hand he has at the moment. If it's post-Flashpoint, he can use his trident to slice Hank up without much issue, and use his massive strength advantage to beat Ant-Man down.

And yes, this all applies with no water nearby.

Batman beats Wasp with ease.

Agreed!

Flash beats Hawkeye with ease.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Martian Manhunter beats Captain America.

It's rare to see any matchup more one-sided.

Green Lantern beats Iron Man.

With all of his suits Tony can make things interesting, but I would agree that Hal takes the majority.

Hulk beats Wonder Woman with ease.

This is where you lose me. How does Hulk go about fighting someone who is literally thousands of times faster than he is? How does he shrug off blows strong enough to hurt Superman, or weapons that cut on a molecular level? How well does the Hulk deal with being decapitated by a serious Amazon Princess with a magical sword? If BFR is a win condition, then Diana can just throw him into space and he can't do much about it. Hulk literally has no way to hit Diana. The best he can hope for is that he's durable enough that she can't kill him. But I find that unlikely in the extreme, especially at base levels. There is literally no possible argument to justify Hulk beating Wonder Woman "with ease." You're in for an extremely tough time defending Hulk beating Diana at all, but there is literally no argument to be made for him beating her without one of the most difficult fights he's ever had.

Thor and Superman duke it out and Thor narrowly wins.

This is debatable, certainly, but your arguments are not the best ones to make. Allow me to elaborate.

This is due to energy absorption,

Which he usually forgets to use, and which isn't a huge deal against Superman. Heat vision is probably not the way Clark would win the fight, so taking it away isn't a big deal. Although Thor is more likely to attempt to tank it than to absorb it.

shielding (Mjolnir has been seen to contain a Life Bomb that would have destroyed 1/5 of the universe),

Which he wouldn't dream of using here ever. Even with the "willing to kill" stipulation, Thor fights stupid and will spend most of the fight trying to smack Supes with his hammer, maybe occasionally using a lightning bolt for variety. And just because he's willing to kill Superman doesn't mean he's willing to destroy a large chunk of the Universe.

Godblast (knocked Juggernaut back),

You neglected to mention that he has to take a long time to charge it up, and it will also literally kill him if he uses it very often. And Superman can just dodge it, anyway.

his energy blasts have bowled back Galactus,

He always fights starving Galactus, who is far less impressive than any other version.

the striking power of Mjolnir can be felt through all planes of existence, he's beaten Gladiator, Hyperion, Silver Surfer, and The Hulk.

This is the most important point: He's never beaten any of them when they were using their speed. Superman can fight at near-light-speed. Thor struggles to keep up with Wolverine and Spider-Man. Superman can hit him 100 times before he can blink, and each one of those hits is powerful enough to hurt Thor. With Superman willing to kill, the God of Thunder won't have time to use any of his fancy hammer tricks. He'll be dead in the first moments of the fight.

This brings it to:

Ant-Man vs. Batman (Ant-Man wins)

I'm not going to bother arguing. Although Ant-Man won't be getting past Aquaman, anyway.

Hulk vs. Flash (Hulk wins)

I can't figure out how. I genuinely can't. If this is pre-Flashpoint, Flash can tank his hits, since he's soaked blows from similar characters, such as Mongul. If he walked up to Hulk and asked to be grabbed, (the only way Hulk can lay a hand on him), he's been squeezed by a creature capable of beating down Superman and walked away with only sore ribs. He can also just phase out of Hulk's grip. His phasing counters Hulk's thunderclap, and he's also far faster than the shockwave. He's phased through energy blasts, so the whole gamma radiation thing doesn't matter, either.

If this is post-Flashpoint Flash, then all of the same things apply, just with different feats and a greater emphasis on phasing. He's taken a knee to the face from Supergirl, phases through everything under the sun, and is far faster than the sound barrier and Hulk.

So Hulk really can't hurt Flash, and Flash is so fast that Hulk can't really even see him. But can he hurt Hulk? Short answer: yes.

Long answer: Pre-52, Wally destroys Hulk in the first picosecond of that battle. He can hit him with 1000 blows powerful enough to tear through the Anti-Monitor, phase all of Hulk's molecules in such a way that they explode, or simply steal all of Hulk's speed and leave him a statue forever. Post-52, the best option is the phasing to explode thing again. Hulk gets stomped.

Thor vs. Manhunter (Thor wins)

This really isn't very plausible. The Martian is 1000s of times faster, probably stronger, has an incredible healing factor, and his durability, shape-shifting, and phasing should allow him to shrug off Thor's attacks. Then there's TP. Thor has been KO'd by a telepath pumping the thoughts of several hundred people into his mind. Martian Manhunter took down a Green Martian by pumping 7 billion people's thoughts into her mind. He can take down Thor with a thought, or beat him in a straight-up fight due to his speed advantage.

Then:

Green Lantern beats Ant-Man,

Nicely put.

Hulk or Thor beats Green Lantern.

Possible. Although Hulk loses quickly if BFR is allowed. Without it, Hulk could win. Or the fight could end up like this:

You never know.

Even if GL or Flash beat Hulk, Thor could take them.

Thor should probably take a majority over GL, imo. But he has literally no chance against a Flash that's willing to kill. He gets atomized by phasing before he can manage a thought. JLA wins. Handily.

Avengers win this. Alternatively, it could go like this:

Ant-Man vs. Aquaman (Ant-Man on land)

Wrong, I addressed this above.

Captain America vs. Batman (Cap)

This can be debated back and forth for ages, but I won't bother because the winner is irrelevant to the overall outcome.

Wasp vs. Flash (Flash)

Hawkeye vs. Manhunter (Manhunter)

Iron Man vs. Hal (Hal)

Agree strongly.

Hulk vs. WW (Hulk)

Thor vs. Supes (Thor)

Disagree strongly.

Flash beats Ant-Man, Manhunter beats Cap,

Very accurate assessment.

Hulk beats GL.

It could happen. Maybe.

Then Thor beats Manhunter, Hulk beats Flash.

As we discussed above, these are both absurd claims. JLA dominates.

#20 Posted by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, how many people come to comic vine without a lick of knowledge about who they are talking about.....Hulk "easily" beating Wonder Woman? Someone who is infinitely faster and more skilled? Iron Man with prep beating Hal who is fast enough to react to Zoom posing as Barry and travel FTL, able to shield himself from exploding suns and generate blasts as hot as the sun, able to instantly heal, teleport himself and others and open worm holes? Aquaman losing to Hank Pym? Hank has no TP protection from what I know, nor is he nearly as durable as Arthur on land or on water and if it is Pre 52 Arthur than he stomps with water hand. Batman losing to Wasp? First of all, Bat-wasp repellent, second of all, batman has a sonic wave emitter that was powerful enough to knock out a telepath, if Wasp is shrunken and gets hit by a sonic wave, she should have a seizure ...Thor beating Superman and/or Martian Manhunter? I don't even have to argue that, we know how that goes. Hulk beating Flash and/or Green Lantern? No comment....besides that's just pure ignorance....

JLA sweep nearly every matchup without effort.....

What if we give THOR Warrior Madness plus Power gem 1 on 1 against Supes?

#21 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

What if we give THOR Warrior Madness plus Power gem 1 on 1 against Supes?

At that point, the entire fight revolves around if Thor is any faster....he's definitely more powerful and more durable, but is he any faster? no, not really. I'd call it a stalemate since Superman doesn't do well with magic but wouldn't be stupid or slow enough to get caught in Thors attacks (he's a super genius, he's going to be able to tell if Thor is highly Magical or not). Thor would potentially one shot Superman with all that rage and power ... but he's just too slow to pull it off....

#22 Edited by WillPayton (9359 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers Justice League

Whoever came up with these matchings must be on some good drugs. The only good matchup here is Thor vs Superman. All in all, Flash can solo the entire Avengers team. Heck, a bloodlusted Martian Manhunter might be able to solo as well.

#23 Posted by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

But one lucky shot is all thor needs. anyone who can make thanos pull-out of a fight and return with a plot weapon deserves respect.

Basically, it is like boxing, a lightweight could deliver the punches but one punch connecting from a heavy weight could end the fight.

#24 Posted by TheIrishDoctor (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I...wouldn't count Hank Pym out quite so fast. He can be really strong when he's tiny and huge, and he has an intellect that is on a level close to Reed Richards. He's not as powerful as Aquaman, but he IS stronger than some give him credit for. And I think his brain might be able to tip the balance. I could see him being able to call in a swarm of insects that somehow are able to dehydrate Aquaman. Which is sort of a shame because I LIKE Aquaman a lot more but...whatever.

I don't know enough about Wasp to say that Batman could or could not beat him, but I know that she shrinks but keeps her strength, so I can imagine that would be something Batman would be caught unawares by. So she could win. But...I still probably give it to Bats. I'd have to know more about Wasp to say for sure though.

Flash vs...what!? Are you kidding!? Even if we say it's Barry Allen and not Wally West, he still curbstomps Hawkeye so bad that it's almost sad.

Cap would also be obliterated by the Martian Manhunter. Seriously, Cap should have been fighting Batman. THAT's a much better fight.

If Tony had a LOT of prep, he might be able to figure out some way of beating GL, but as it stands, he's pretty outmatched. GL wins.

Wonder Woman beats Hulk IF she is able to finish the battle fast enough. Which, given her ferocity in battle, she probably could. But if she doesn't, Hulk's healing is Wolverine level and his strength will just keep going up and up and up, while Diana would get more and more tired. I say WW takes this 7/10, but Hulk CAN win this if he can tank enough blows.

And Thor beats Superman. I know that's not the popular choice, but while Thor's travel Speed isn't up to Supes' level, he has been able to hit people going FTL before and Mjolnir is just too powerful a weapon. Plus it's magic, so it gets past a lot of Superman's indestructibility. Thor has beaten Silver Surfer before, and he can beat Superman

#25 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

But one lucky shot is all thor needs. anyone who can make thanos pull-out of a fight and return with a plot weapon deserves respect.

Basically, it is like boxing, a lightweight could deliver the punches but one punch connecting from a heavy weight could end the fight.

difference is, the 'lightweight' is so much faster than the 'heavyweight' that the one shot would never land. Thor really can't hurt Superman unless Superman allows him to, by allow I mean, if Superman opts not to simply dodge or phase through an attack and tanks it. If he's not trying to be a punching bag, he wont get hit, Thor is that slow and Superman is that fast...

#26 Edited by WillPayton (9359 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman beats Hulk IF she is able to finish the battle fast enough. Which, given her ferocity in battle, she probably could. But if she doesn't, Hulk's healing is Wolverine level and his strength will just keep going up and up and up, while Diana would get more and more tired. I say WW takes this 7/10, but Hulk CAN win this if he can tank enough blows.

The only way Hulk defeats WW is if she fights really, really dumb. She has enough speed that Hulk wont ever touch her. She can KO him with a speed-blitz, she can hit him hard enough to BFR him into space, or she can just grab him by the head and fly him into space, or use her lasso to grab him and BFR him, or use the lasso to turn him into Banner and kill him.

WW has many ways to win, Hulk only has one... which depends on WW being stupid.

WW wins 9.5/10

#27 Edited by OverLordArhas (7708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

The problem with this match-up is, Thor and Hulk or maybe Ironman are the only one's with the hardware, I do not know much of Pym's tech, if it can be of use, but the Avengers are full of street level heroes (makes for interesting stories, thanks marvel), compared to an overpowered team, with regards to this match-up.

#28 Posted by AdamtheSubmariner (107 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe offer to put forward a better avengers line up to your teacher?

#29 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh

#30 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamthesubmariner said:

maybe offer to put forward a better avengers line up to your teacher?

I could see switching out Ant-man for Namor and moving the Captain America fight so he fight's Batman. Replace the Wasp with Vision because maybe he put's up a good fight against MM, but I have no idea who to put up against Flash.... he's just mean. Give Iron Man all his suits and prep and he'll definitely give GL a fight.... but the rest of the fights seem pretty square. What other line-up for the Avengers would you suggest? (I'd also suggest revising the rules to no BFR.... other wise the Hulk WW fight is over before it begins.)

#31 Posted by The_PAIN (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420:

Yes, put Namor in, I would like to see him beaten to a pulp.

#32 Edited by TheIrishDoctor (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Hulk has hit speedsters before. And he's come back from being thrown into space. Some of that is PIS, but...the Hulk sort of is PIS. I'm just saying, Hulk's strength sort of ranges depending on how strong the writer wants him and needs him to be. And Diana has also been shown as everything from Superman's equal to waaaaaay weaker than him.

Hulk has beaten Thor before. Thor can dish out WAAAAAY more damage than Diana can.