Captain Marvel (classic)

Dr Fate (kent nelson)

Captain Atom

Phantom Stranger

Hal Jordan

Wonderwoman
Post Edited:2007-12-24 09:44:36

#2 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA, you have to many powerhouses on that team.

#3 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah and a pretty powerful one

#4 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"JLA, you have to many powerhouses on that team."

Agreed

#5 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Odinforce Thor a reality manipulator?

#6 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"So is Scarlet Witch, but neither one is fast enough to alter reality before Superman, Flash, or Captain Marvel get to them.
Post Edited:2007-12-24 09:08:19"

Thor, Mar Vell and Sentry are about as fast

#7 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Scarlet Witch, but neither one is fast enough to alter reality before Superman, Flash, or Captain Marvel get to them.
Post Edited:2007-12-24 09:08:19

#8 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"Gambler says:
"So is Scarlet Witch, but neither one is fast enough to alter reality before Superman, Flash, or Captain Marvel get to them.

"

Yes, of course. I'm talking about the time it takes him to alter reality. May only take a second, but thats a second to long.

#9 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"Gambler says:

"

Yes, of course. I'm talking about the time it takes him to alter reality. May only take a second, but thats a second to long."

Agree but Thor and the others can keep the speed members busy until Wanda uses her chaos magic or Sersi her transmutation powers.

Anyway I don't think speed will be the major factor here and both teams are equally powered.

I am leaning to the Avengers though

#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

Odinforce Thor can take a few shots from Superman and I doubt Superman is going to just rush into the fight. Odinforce Thor is able to travel at light speed and above. I can see him using his reality manipulation to destroy the JLA by probably taking them apart on a molecular level. Or if Wanda gets the time, "no more JLA" and the good Doctor just waves his hand, instantly slaughtering them.

#11 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i like this pic because altering reality would mean that they have to think of what they want to alter much like how a Green lantern ring works.

and to top it off you have the Phantom Stranger on the team, he is almost as powerful as the spectre.

#12 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"i like this pic because altering reality would mean that they have to think of what they want to alter much like how a Green lantern ring works. and to top it off you have the Phantom Stranger on the team, he is almost as powerful as the spectre. "

odin force thor might be able to think as fast as the dc speedsters can. if he cant at first he can increase his and his teammates speed. that could be the first thing he does, and like ec said, if he takes a few punches before he can pull it off, he can take them.

#13 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"i like this pic because altering reality would mean that they have to think of what they want to alter much like how a Green lantern ring works.and to top it off you have the Phantom Stranger on the team, he is almost as powerful as the spectre. "

I doubt the Phantom Stranger is that powerful. I recall the Spectre not killing him just because the Presence wanted the Stranger alive

#14 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Odinforce Thor can take a few shots from Superman and I doubt Superman is going to just rush into the fight. Odinforce Thor is able to travel at light speed and above. I can see him using his reality manipulation to destroy the JLA by probably taking them apart on a molecular level. Or if Wanda gets the time, "no more JLA" and the good Doctor just waves his hand, instantly slaughtering them."

i don't think OF Thor is as powerful as the Phantom Stranger he is supposed to be right under the Spectre in power, Zatana is just as powerful as the Scarlet witch and maybe more so than DR Strange.

#15 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Okay, I'm not talking about how fast Thor travels, just so everyone is clear on that. I'm talking about how long it takes him to alter reality."

um i thought that was obvious ;)

#16 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'm not talking about how fast Thor travels, just so everyone is clear on that. I'm talking about how long it takes him to alter reality. If someone can show me an example of the length of time it takes, it would be appreciated.

As for Wanda, she may get time to say no more JLA, but will it work? Will it only take out some of the JLA? She's only used that level of magic once, and to be honest it didn't completely work. She'd be more apt to summon some of the JLA's biggest foes (like in Avengers Dissembled) but still, the Flash, an or Shazam would get to her long before that happened. Martian Manhunter would have the entire Avengers team mind read before the fight even starts, its possible he would even entire Wanda's mind and put her down.

You say Superman wouldn't just rush in, well I doubt Thor's first attack is going to be altering reality either.
Post Edited:2007-12-24 09:23:02

#17 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Odinforce Thor can take a few shots from Superman and I doubt Superman is going to just rush into the fight. Odinforce Thor is able to travel at light speed and above. I can see him using his reality manipulation to destroy the JLA by probably taking them apart on a molecular level. Or if Wanda gets the time, "no more JLA" and the good Doctor just waves his hand, instantly slaughtering them."
i don't think OF Thor is as powerful as the Phantom Stranger he is supposed to be right under the Spectre in power, Zatana is just as powerful as the Scarlet witch and maybe more so than DR Strange. "

Wanda's more powerful Zatanna, we had that battle, Scarlet won. Stephen is WAY out of Zatanna's league.

#18 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"I doubt the Phantom Stranger is that powerful. I recall the Spectre not killing him just because the Presence wanted the Stranger alive "

yeah Spectre is above the Stranger that's a given, but the stranger is possibly the most powerful member of the JLA aside form that he also has the ability to travel through time so the battle could be over before it ever started.

comicvine doesnt have a complete page for him but this is what he can do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Stranger#Powers_and_abilities

#19 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:
"Okay, I'm not talking about how fast Thor travels, just so everyone is clear on that. I'm talking about how long it takes him to alter reality."

um i thought that was obvious ;)"

So did I but people keep telling me how fast Thor moves, as opposed to how fast he thinks.

@EC, at one time I would have agreed about Zatanna, but in light of Buckshot's post in this thread, I have changed my mind. She's right up there with Strange and Wanda

http://www.comicvine.com/message/zatanna-vs-dr-strange-vs-illyana-rasputin-vs-scarlet-witch/432655/&c=29&29&page=2

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Okay, I'm not talking about how fast Thor travels, just so everyone is clear on that. I'm talking about how long it takes him to alter reality. If someone can show me an example of the length of time it takes, it would be appreciated. As for Wanda, she may get time to say no more JLA, but will it work? Will it only take out some of the JLA? She's only used that level of magic once, and to be honest it didn't completely work. She'd be more apt to summon some of the JLA's biggest foes (like in Avengers Dissembled) but still, the Flash, an or Shazam would get to her long before that happened. Martian Manhunter would have the entire Avengers team mind read before the fight even starts, its possible he would even entire Wanda's mind and put her down. You say Superman wouldn't just rush in, well I doubt Thor's first attack is going to be **altering reality** either.
Post Edited:2007-12-24 09:23:02"

May not be that but that hammer of his gives him a huge advantage. Remember, Superb*tch is weak against magic, and Odinforce Thor is chock full of magic. Martian Manhunter's mental powers are strong but so are Moondragon's. She controlled an entire planet to stop it from having a Civil War.

#21 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thor can alter reality the way Wanda does. He just uses vast amounts of magic through OF. As for Strange he is more powerful than Scarlet Witch and definitely more powerful than Zatana. His true opponent here will be Fate. The thing is that Strange can summon powerful entities to his aid so we can have a fight between the Phantom Stranger and the Vishanti. Avengers can win this but they need a good strategy. The JLA could win as well if they choose their targets wisely.

#22 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Okay, I'm not talking about how fast Thor travels, just so everyone is clear on that. I'm talking about how long it takes him to alter reality. If someone can show me an example of the length of time it takes, it would be appreciated. As for Wanda, she may get time to say no more JLA, but will it work? Will it only take out some of the JLA? She's only used that level of magic once, and to be honest it didn't completely work. She'd be more apt to summon some of the JLA's biggest foes (like in Avengers Dissembled) but still, the Flash, an or Shazam would get to her long before that happened. Martian Manhunter would have the entire Avengers team mind read before the fight even starts, its possible he would even entire Wanda's mind and put her down. You say Superman wouldn't just rush in, well I doubt Thor's first attack is going to be **altering reality** either.
May not be that but that hammer of his gives him a huge advantage. Remember, Superb*tch is weak against magic, and Odinforce Thor is chock full of magic. Martian Manhunter's mental powers are strong but so are Moondragon's. She controlled an entire planet to stop it from having a Civil War. "
Moondragon had the Mind Gem And Super bitch (lmao) is no longer affected by magic."

WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what, I give up. I do, jesus christ, unbelievable. And you people wonder why I hate Superman. Ugh, I'm done with this battle.

#23 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:

May not be that but that hammer of his gives him a huge advantage. Remember, Superb*tch is weak against magic, and Odinforce Thor is chock full of magic. Martian Manhunter's mental powers are strong but so are Moondragon's. She controlled an entire planet to stop it from having a Civil War. "

Moondragon had the Mind Gem

And Super bitch (lmao) is no longer affected by magic.

#24 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"May not be that but that hammer of his gives him a huge advantage. Remember, Superb*tch is weak against magic, and Odinforce Thor is chock full of magic. Martian Manhunter's mental powers are strong but so are Moondragon's. She controlled an entire planet to stop it from having a Civil War. "
ok so MM does a TK block and rushes in and eliminates the problem, he is as fast and as strong as superman so taking her out in a fight should be no problem, taking her in a mental fight could possibly be a stale mate. "

yeah talk about someone overpowered... that mm is insane.

#25 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
Moondragon had the Mind Gem And Super bitch (lmao) is no longer affected by magic."
WHAT THE F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what, I give up. I do, jesus christ, unbelievable. And you people wonder why I hate Superman. Ugh, I'm done with this battle."

lol why so emotional? dc's characters are more powerful. we talked about that when we first met.

#26 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"May not be that but that hammer of his gives him a huge advantage. Remember, Superb*tch is weak against magic, and Odinforce Thor is chock full of magic. Martian Manhunter's mental powers are strong but so are Moondragon's. She controlled an entire planet to stop it from having a Civil War. "

ok so MM does a TK block and rushes in and eliminates the problem, he is as fast and as strong as superman so taking her out in a fight should be no problem, taking her in a mental fight could possibly be a stale mate.

#27 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Apparition says:
"yeah talk about someone overpowered... that mm is insane."
yeah he is, and to boot he lost his weakness to Fire. "

and superman's lost his to magic. those two are quite the pair.

#28 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"I don't think Thor can alter reality the way Wanda does. He just uses vast amounts of magic through OF. As for Strange he is more powerful than Scarlet Witch and definitely more powerful than Zatana. His true opponent here will be Fate. The thing is that Strange can summon powerful entities to his aid so we can have a fight between the Phantom Stranger and the Vishanti. Avengers can win this but they need a good strategy. The JLA could win as well if they choose their targets wisely."

Fate has nothing on the Phantom stranger, the guy is so powerful that the spectre's power was insufficient to kill him.

#29 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"yeah talk about someone overpowered... that mm is insane."

yeah he is, and to boot he lost his weakness to Fire.

#30 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:

Moondragon had the Mind Gem

And Super bitch (lmao) is no longer affected by magic."

She didn't posses the gem when she did this. Superman may not be weak to magic anymore but I doubt he can take a godblast augmented by the near infinite Odinforce.

#32 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I do find it funny however, that some are calling Superman overpowered, yet in the same thread talking about how Thor is: As Strong, As Fast, Has Magic, and Can Alter Reality. But its Superman who is overpowered. Thats funny."

i know! i never get that! sooooooo many people are more powerful than superman is

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"lol why so emotional? dc's characters are more powerful. we talked about that when we first met."
Because... I was trying to not be so anti DC... LoL. @Gambler: ..."

lol

#34 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"lol why so emotional? dc's characters are more powerful. we talked about that when we first met."

Because... I was trying to not be so anti DC... LoL.

@Gambler: ...

#35 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"I don't think Thor can alter reality the way Wanda does. He just uses vast amounts of magic through OF. As for Strange he is more powerful than Scarlet Witch and definitely more powerful than Zatana. His true opponent here will be Fate. The thing is that Strange can summon powerful entities to his aid so we can have a fight between the Phantom Stranger and the Vishanti. Avengers can win this but they need a good strategy. The JLA could win as well if they choose their targets wisely."

Fate has nothing on the Phantom stranger, the guy is so powerful that the spectre's power was insufficient to kill him. "

I didn't say Fate is as powerful as Stranger I said Strange can summon the Vishanti to stalmate the Stranger.

And Spectre didn't kill him because the Presence needed - wanted him alive.

#36 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"I do find it funny however, that some are calling Superman overpowered, yet in the same thread talking about how Thor is: As Strong, As Fast, Has Magic, and Can Alter Reality. But its Superman who is overpowered. Thats funny."

Thor's a GOD. When you're a God, you're supposed to have crazy power, hence the title of "God". But obviously, Superman defies that logic. LoL.

#37 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

I do find it funny however, that some are calling Superman overpowered, yet in the same thread talking about how Thor is: As Strong, As Fast, Has Magic, and Can Alter Reality. But its Superman who is overpowered. Thats funny.

#38 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to add two more characters :

Wonderwoman and Quasar

#39 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
She didn't posses the gem when she did this. Superman may not be weak to magic anymore but I doubt he can take a godblast augmented by the near infinite Odinforce. "

i dont think she had the mind gem either. i dont remember seeing it or hearing it mentioned in those comics.

#40 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"I am going to add two more characters : Wonderwoman and Quasar"

another speedster? oh well, at least marvel doesnt have to worry about any green lanterns now.

#41 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

God is simply a title (In my opinion) its the same as Vulcan (X-Men) being labeled an Omega Level Mutant, and Wanda isn't. She's just as powerful, but doesn't have the label. Plus, he's a Norse God, what does that mean exactly? Wonder Woman's rogue gallery is filled with Greek Gods, yet she's as powerful if not more then they are. I don't know, being a god in comics is overrated.

#42 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"She didn't posses the gem when she did this. Superman may not be weak to magic anymore but I doubt he can take a godblast augmented by the near infinite Odinforce. "

yeah but im sure he could dodge it, or the Phantom stranger could nullify it before it got to superman. think of thor as a magical beacon that the stranger is going to home in on, i think he will be taking out thor first. "

How can he dodge a balst that is instanteneus and omnidirectional and of near infinite power?

Galactus couldn't dodge or stop it and it wasn't empowered by odinforce.

I don't say it couldn't be done but you have no proof it could either. I say Thor takes out Supes and Strange summons the Vishanti to deal with Phantom

#43 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"She didn't posses the gem when she did this. Superman may not be weak to magic anymore but I doubt he can take a godblast augmented by the near infinite Odinforce. "

yeah but im sure he could dodge it, or the Phantom stranger could nullify it before it got to superman. think of thor as a magical beacon that the stranger is going to home in on, i think he will be taking out thor first.

#44 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"God is simply a title (In my opinion) its the same as Vulcan (X-Men) being labeled an Omega Level Mutant, and Wanda isn't. She's just as powerful, but doesn't have the label. Plus, he's a Norse God, what does that mean exactly? Wonder Woman's rogue gallery is filled with Greek Gods, yet she's as powerful if not more then they are. I don't know, being a god in comics is overrated."

The difference is that Thor is the son of an elder god (Gaia)

and the leader of a mystical Kingdom while Kal is just an alien

#45 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"God is simply a title (In my opinion) its the same as Vulcan (X-Men) being labeled an Omega Level Mutant, and Wanda isn't. She's just as powerful, but doesn't have the label. Plus, he's a Norse God, what does that mean exactly? Wonder Woman's rogue gallery is filled with Greek Gods, yet she's as powerful if not more then they are. I don't know, being a god in comics is overrated."

You may feel it's overrated but it's understandable to have that kind of power with the title of God."

I hear ya.

#46 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"Gambler says:

and the leader of a mystical Kingdom while Kal is just an alien"

Just an alien?

#47 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

You may feel it's overrated but it's understandable to have that kind of power with the title of God.

#48 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
You may feel it's overrated but it's understandable to have that kind of power with the title of God."

there are so many gods that it doesnt mean anything. if you were talking about one God, like the one above all or the presence then ok, but these other gods are just superpowered immortals who people prayed to. that makes you a god but it doesnt mean youre more powerful than other superpowered people who may or may not be immortal, who no one ever prayed to.

#49 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Scarlet Thor says:
"Gambler says:

and the leader of a mystical Kingdom while Kal is just an alien"

Just an alien? "

An alien from planet Krypton. Did I said something wrong?

The point is that in MU Gaia is one of the Elder gods and Odin one of the most powerful mystical entities so their union is supposed to be something really powerful. Kal El is just the survivor of an alien race.

#50 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarlet Thor says:

"Gambler says:
"Scarlet Thor says:
"Gambler says:
The difference is that Thor is the son of an elder god (Gaia) and the leader of a mystical Kingdom while Kal is just an alien"
Just an alien? "
An alien from planet Krypton. Did I said something wrong? The point is that in MU Gaia is one of the Elder gods and Odin one of the most powerful mystical entities so their union is supposed to be something really powerful. Kal El is just the survivor of an alien race. "

that's like saying prince william should be better than this guy because he was born from the royal genes while this other guy is just some street urchin. but it doesnt matter. the street urchin could turn out to be the better man, just like superman is more powerful than thor.