Avengers vs JLA (Heavyweight characters only)

• 61 results
JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJ62

So I know that if we put the standard members of Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Giant-Man, Hawkeye and Wasp) against the standard members of JLA (Superman, Flash, Green Lantern (Jordan), Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman and Batman) that JLA would stomp pretty hard, but I thought what if we put only the heavyweights of each team against each other, so I chose the top 5 from each team. Avengers: Hulk, Thor, The Sentry, Wonder Man and Doctor Strange. JLA: Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Jordan) and Flash. Who would win this battle? Who honestly has the most powerful ones and how would they win?

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By darkelf35

dc still

iamthewolf88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamthewolf88

I would lean DC, but Strange would dominate Superman..... That leaves Thor and Sentry to double team MM, GL vs Hulk, Wonder Man is pointless...... Flash would take out Strange ultimately. GL takes Hulk, WW takes WM, and then the rest gang up on Thor and Sentry.

I say DC.

Humanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Humanoid

@iamthewolf88 said:

I would lean DC, but Strange would dominate Superman..... That leaves Thor and Sentry to double team MM, GL vs Hulk, Wonder Man is pointless...... Flash would take out Strange ultimately. GL takes Hulk, WW takes WM, and then the rest gang up on Thor and Sentry.

I say DC.

I'd say Captain Marvel (DC) is a heavy hitter, more so than Hal Jordan. Maybe Strange could null his magic though.

• Kyle Rayner would take out Wonder Man
  • Superman could take out Sentry
  • Wonder Woman could take out Thor
  • Martian Manhunter could take out Hulk
  • Captain Marvel could take on Strange

I seriously think Flash could take out the entire Marvel team.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJ62

@iamthewolf I almost agree but I don't think GL beats Hulk, I mean WW has smashed through his constructs and given Hal a beating. Hulk's strength is definitely equal and possibly even greater than Wonder Woman's so I think Hulk beats GL.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm leaning towards Marvel because of Strange.What version is that exactly of him?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostrider2

Avengers would take this.

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkelf35

Avengers lose this for sure. The battle ends .00001 seconds after it starts

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GypRosetti

IF Marvel can stop MM mind-wiping they win. Superman gets owned by magic. Mjolnir works against phasing so will also take out Flash. Wonder Woman is most certainly not as strong as the Hulk or Thor. Thor has moved 9 planets, WW helped move one, Hulk held a planet together, twice I believe.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dondave

DC ftw although Strange would be a problem

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Saren

The League.

@GypRosetti said:

Thor has moved 9 planets,

He did no such thing. Go back and read the World Tree story. The nine realms are linked together by the World Tree. Thor pushed the World Tree. How exactly does that mean he also pushed the nine realms, when they're not a part of the World Tree? Later on, Thor had both the Odin Force and Beta Ray Bill's help, and still struggled to lift just the city of Asgard, which is just one out of those nine realms.

Context is fun, get some.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Avengers: vs JLA:

Hulk, vs Martian Manhunter

Thor, vs Wonder Woman

The Sentry vs Superman

Wonder Man vs Green Lantern

Doctor Strange. vs Flash

I put it this way to not make such a big deal, but I truly believe Superman would beat Thor. And flash could IMP or throw everyone into the speedforce.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

And that's not a heavyweight Avengers line-up. Or at least it's not the one I would have gone with.

Avatar image for war_hulk_kills_sentry2
War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iamthewolf88: really gl takes hulk no way

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

strange vs superman

sentry vs MM

Thor vs Hal Jordan

Hulk vs Wonder Woman

Wonder Man vs Flash

if its classic strange he could wreck, he would probably destroy supes very quickly and be able to help with flash when he beats wonder man. Also Wonder man? really? he doesn't belong here, you should probably switch to a better character... but anyway this is how I see it.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GypRosetti

@CitizenBane: There are 9 realms in Yggdrasil. In the panel he says "I force it back".

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GypRosetti

@AllStarSuperman: Superman is as vulnerable to magic as a human so one hit from Mjolnir kills him unless there's PIS. If we're being consist with the characters abilities and weaknesses Superman should never win a fight against Captain Marvel or Black Adam.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@GypRosetti said:

@AllStarSuperman: Superman is as
vulnerable to magic as a human so one hit from Mjolnir kills him unless there's
PIS. If we're being consist with the characters abilities and weaknesses
Superman should never win a fight against Captain Marvel or Black Adam.

Why would it be classic strange? if its that wouldnt that mean its SA superman? and if supes knows hes weak to magic hes not gonna fight strange.

War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go for avengers and wonder man is supposed to be able to match thor in strength personally i would of chose some one different

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@GypRosetti said:

@CitizenBane: There are 9 realms in Yggdrasil. In the panel he says "I push it back".

In the actual comic, literally nothing happens to the nine realms. Thor pushes a wheel, which pushes the engine, which shakes the tree a bit and upsets the natural order, causing all Asgardians to become powerless. How on Earth anyone could read that and say "Thor pushed nine planets" with a straight face is beyond me. Asgard is one realm. The Oklahoma Asgard wasn't a planet, it was a city, and Thor needed help to lift it even though he had the damn Odin Force at the time.

If Thor could actually push nine planets, he'd have lifted Asgard on his pinky.

.........also, I'm not sure where you got your scans from, but that "Ah, sweet Valkyrie....." scan is of a distant, completely unrelated planet in Blood & Thunder. It has nothing to do with the World Tree, so it beats me as to why you posted it there.

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By supermaansito

@AllStarSuperman said:

@GypRosetti said:

@AllStarSuperman: Superman is as
vulnerable to magic as a human so one hit from Mjolnir kills him unless there's
PIS. If we're being consist with the characters abilities and weaknesses
Superman should never win a fight against Captain Marvel or Black Adam.

Why would it be classic strange? if its that wouldnt that mean its SA superman? and if supes knows hes weak to magic hes not gonna fight strange.

this lol .....superman is not stupid

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GypRosetti

@CitizenBane: http://www.comicvine.com/yggdrasil-the-world-tree/34-55875/

In ancient time the realm of Asgard was a vast wasteland of ice. Then the Ymir and the frost giants appeared along with a magical cow named Auðumbla. The cow licked the ice until Buri, the first Asgardian was born. Buri had a son named Borr and Borr, with his giantess wife Bestla, had 3 children named Odin, Vili and Ve. Odin and his brothers grew up to defeat Ymir and his frost giants. Following the defeat of Ymir, the 3 brother plants the seed which would eventually grow into Yggdrasil, the World Tree.
The Tree grew roots all the way into the Asgardian realms of Jotunheim (the Well of Mimir), Nifelheim (Spring of Hverggelmir), and the city of Asgard where the gods lives (Well of Wyrd). The tree is said to grow golden apples which the Warriors Three ( Hogun, Fandral, and Volstagg) were once sent to capture. Both Odin and Thor have hung themselves from the tree’s branches in order to gain knowledge from the runes.

He's pushing the World Engine against the weight of the tree which is attached to 9 realms one of which is Earth so yes he is moving 9 planets. "I push it back".

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By charlieboy

DC wins. Speed factor is too great.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GypRosetti

@AllStarSuperman: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/

Magic
Superman is still a mortal and is, as such, still as vulnerable to the workings of magic, in all its forms, as anyone else. Wonder Woman'sTiara is magical and can therefore be used to injure Superman, for he is susceptible to magic.

Take PIS out of the equation and one hit from Molnir kills Superman.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

@GypRosetti said:

@CitizenBane: http://www.comicvine.com/yggdrasil-the-world-tree/34-55875/

In ancient time the realm of Asgard was a vast wasteland of ice. Then the Ymir and the frost giants appeared along with a magical cow named Auðumbla. The cow licked the ice until Buri, the first Asgardian was born. Buri had a son named Borr and Borr, with his giantess wife Bestla, had 3 children named Odin, Vili and Ve. Odin and his brothers grew up to defeat Ymir and his frost giants. Following the defeat of Ymir, the 3 brother plants the seed which would eventually grow into Yggdrasil, the World Tree.
The Tree grew roots all the way into the Asgardian realms of Jotunheim (the Well of Mimir), Nifelheim (Spring of Hverggelmir), and the city of Asgard where the gods lives (Well of Wyrd). The tree is said to grow golden apples which the Warriors Three ( Hogun, Fandral, and Volstagg) were once sent to capture. Both Odin and Thor have hung themselves from the tree’s branches in order to gain knowledge from the runes.

He's pushing the World Engine against the weight of the tree which is attached to 9 realms one of which is Earth so yes he is moving 9 planets. "I push it back".

Are you seriously quoting a wiki at me instead of referring to the actual comics? The ones in which none of the nine realms are moved by Thor? Or the ones where an amped Thor needs help to lift just one of those nine realms?What Thor did is equivalent to pulling a lever to move a load. It's a function of the contraption the Tree was hooked up to.

Stuff like this is exactly the reason Thor fans get so much flak. Context is their kryptonite.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@GypRosetti said:

Magic
Superman is still a mortal and is, as such, still as vulnerable to the workings of magic, in all its forms, as anyone else. Wonder Woman'sTiara is magical and can therefore be used to injure Superman, for he is susceptible to magic.

Take PIS out of the equation and one hit from
Molnir kills Superman.

no hes vulnerable that doesnt mean hes a useless deadman. Superman owned Thor is the crossover. and is the any proof that Thor magic is stronger than WW? Thor his sure not as strong as Supes.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Saren

@GypRosetti said:

Magic

Take PIS out of the equation and one hit from Molnir kills Superman.

Really? So all the times magic has never killed Superman or put him down are all PIS? Convenient, non? No one will or should take you seriously if you think wiki's are acceptable evidence. Here's something for you to call PIS, Superman tanking magical lightning powerful enough to defeat everyone else in the League:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Take plot out of the equation and Superman knocks out Thor in two hits, the way he did to Captain Marvel when he was mind-controlled by the Ultra-Humanite.

No Caption Provided

See, I can make ridiculous claims too. It's a fairly straightforward process.

War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor could beat marvel and supes couldnt knock out thor in 2 hits

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GypRosetti

@CitizenBane: I've referred to the comics. Thor clearly states I'm pushing it back, what's he pushing back, a branch? He's pushing back a wheel against the tree thus moving the tree which holds 9 realms.

So all the times magic has never killed Superman or put him down are all PIS?

In context of his powers yes it's complete PIS. PIS is comics, when was that news?

No one will or should take you seriously if you think wiki's are acceptable evidence.

You assume I take you seriously when you conveniently overlook Superman's vulnerability to magic, which is well known. I'm not to blame for revisionist history and PIS.

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GypRosetti

@AllStarSuperman: The crossovers are meaningless. They were decided by fan voting - Storm beating Wonder Woman for example.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Saren

@GypRosetti said:

@CitizenBane: I've referred to the comics. Thor clearly states I'm pushing it back, what's he pushing back, a branch? He's pushing back a wheel against the tree thus moving the tree which holds 9 realms.

So all the times magic has never killed Superman or put him down are all PIS?

In context of his powers yes it's complete PIS. PIS is comics, when was that news?

No one will or should take you seriously if you think wiki's are acceptable evidence.

You assume I take you seriously when you conveniently overlook Superman's vulnerability to magic, which is well known. I'm not to blame for revisionist history and PIS.

When you pull a lever that's connected to a machine that lifts one ton, are you now a one tonner? Come on. Think about it for a second. I'm the one who's actually referring to the comics. You can chastise me for convenient overlooks, and yet you neglect to take into account Thor needing help from BRB even with the Odin Force just to lift one realm. Why is that?

And your proof for that is a wiki entry. Get real. Rant about revisionism and PIS all you want, it is of minimal interest to me.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@GypRosetti said:

@AllStarSuperman: The crossovers
are meaningless. They were decided by fan voting - Storm beating Wonder Woman for example.

no your wrong DC vs Marvel was fan voted and messed up like Wolverine beating Lobo. JL/Avengers was not fan voted. IIRC

War_Hulk_Kills_Sentry2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JJ62

@AllStarSuperman yeah, but in ALL crossovers they give the battle to the more popular character, they even say this and the writers even say that if they looked objectively the outcomes would be very different. I'm not saying it's impossible for Superman to beat the people he did beat in crossovers, but they can't be used as valid feats because they always give the win to the more popular character...so OF COURSE Superman would win everything.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fair enough about strange. but you cant deny that your match-ups were DC biased too, plus with the superman name and picture....

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JJ62

And also why are you guys saying I should've left out Wonder Man? His power and strength was said to be on par with Sentry. This puts him around Superman's level,yeag Wonder Man isn't a very cool character but he's no joke when it comes to a battle.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@JJ62: superman got knocked around by venom and supes is way more popular.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BlueHope

DC wins, Flash can k.o Strange and Martian can Mind Rape the others except Thor. So is Thor vs DC team

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@UltraSuperTrooper said:

fair enough about strange. but you cant deny that your match-ups were DC biased too, plus with the superman name and picture....

yes i like DC more but that doesnt mean i only say DC wins. the way i put it they would win easy. the problem is that the DC team is just to versatile for the Marvel team. see:

Avengers: vs JLA:

Hulk, vs Martian Manhunter (easy MMH shuts down hulks mind then joins a different fight)

Thor vs Wonder Woman (tough fight but id still give it to WW)

The Sentry vs Superman (Superman just out classes him)

Wonder Man vs Green Lantern (WM should take it but hes never as good as he should be)

Doctor Strange vs Flash (beats him easy and then goes to help a different fight)

and even a different way:

Hulk, vs Green Lantern (after several attacks Hal realizes he needs to BFR him)

Thor vs Flash (After a infinite number of IMP's Thor would go down, he doesnt have the combat speed)

The Sentry vs Wonder Woman (a good fight but WW is faster so she takes it)

Wonder Man vs Martian Manhunter (he could beat him up or shut sown his mind)

Doctor Strange vs Superman (this i actually see going either way as superman is far faster and has durability feats against magic, but Strange is like the best magician ever so i dont know.

see what i mean no ones as fast as flash, no ones as strong as superman, no one has telepathy like MMH, and dare i say no ones as skilled as WW

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By comic_book_fan

are these the current incarnations if so avengers win.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@comic_book_fan:

how?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers. Dr. Strange is back to being Scorceror Supreme. This isn't Wally West as Flash so he isn't as big of a factor.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JJ62

@AllStarSuperman GL wouldn't beat Hulk that one's just a joke, WW was able to smash through his constructs and give him a serious beating using only her brute strength, if there's one thing Hulk does best its brute strength. What makes you think he wouldn't do the same?

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JJ62

And I disagree with WW beating Sentry too, Sentry is stronger than her. He's strong enough to stalemate and overpower Hulk in a test of strength, all of the other ones seem reasonable though.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By tomlikesfries

@TDK_1997 said:

I'm leaning towards Marvel because of Strange.What version is that exactly of him?

Is an answer really necessary? He was Sorcerer Supreme in his classic version, but he also is in the current one.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#46  Edited By TDK_1997

I changed my opinion.I'm saying JLA.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By tomlikesfries

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Avengers. Dr. Strange is back to being Scorceror Supreme. This isn't Wally West as Flash so he isn't as big of a factor.

Why would you assume this isn't Wally West? The OP says standard versions and in the first volume of Justice League of America (by Morrison), the Flash was Wally.

And why wouldn't Barry be much of a factor? While West really can move faster, Barry is quite underrated.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By comic_book_fan

@AllStarSuperman: hulk's base strength level is at superman level and he just keeps getting stronger now the only major threats to thor is mm and supes and they will be busy fighting hulk and sentry leaving thor to clean house.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JJ62

@comicbookfan Current Hulk isn't Superman's strength when he starts, he's around Thor/Wonder Woman-level strength (which is slighylu below Superman) when he begins, you're right as the fight progresses he would reach that level...but he doesent start that way.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomlikesfries it's current versions of the characters unless specified by the op. Wally>>>>>Barry, so yeah it does make a difference.