Avengers vs Guardians of the Galaxy (MCU versions)

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoldKing

Say the teams know nothing of one another and mistake each other for villains. The Avengers notice the GOTG trying to steal a sacred artifact from a small moon planet so they move in to stop them at all costs. The Guardians of the Galaxy see the Avengers as a military force coming in to take possession of the item, and so they must stop them and escape with it at all costs. But before they can cut and run, a team battle ensues.

Both teams have access to their normal equipment and weapons. Neither team is particularly knowledgeable about the moon planet they are on.

Granted, The Avengers have an extra man, but we'll say Hawkeye is busy piloting their main interstellar spacecraft in the upper atmosphere and is unable to directly help them. So it's 5 on 5...... Thor, Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Widow vs Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Rocket, Groot.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the gaurdians have no answer for hulk and thor. Unless you give rocket prel they get owned

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers stomp. Hulk could solo.

Beata

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GoldKing

@nerdchore:

Aren't Tony and Rocket pretty close in terms of ingenuity?

I'd like to see Groot vs Thor in a H2H without Mjolnir. That'd be pretty cool.

In terms of who would naturally match up with on another, I see:

Hulk vs Drax

Thor vs Groot

Iron Man vs Rocket

Cap vs Gamora

Black Widow vs Starlord

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uugieboogie

Just saw that movie.. Spite avengers own lol

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: thise are nice matchups. I think rocker is a better on the fly prep than iron man. Iron man is probably smarter but rocket can make a hadron cannon out of scrap

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though Avengers probably win because of Hulk and Thor, i'll say Guardians.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Just came from the movie, and it was awesome. Honestly liked it more than Avengers. However other than Rocket, Groot, and Drax Guardians aren't bringing much to the fight. Gamora is a good fighter but honestly wasn't that impressive overall and Star Lord was more the charismatic leader than a great combat expert. However Rocky built the Haldron Cannon from scrap that put an Infinity Gem wielding Ronan on his ass for a a bit so if he's got that he's got an answer for Thor and potentially the Hulk. Honwever I see Avengers winning out overall, mostly because the three Guardians members above are the only ones like to be a big contributing factor here.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord easily beats Captain America, he throws the magnet onto the ground near Cap, it magnetizes the shield, then Starlord blows him away.

Gamora easily beats Widow, who might have superior skill which is easily trumped by Gamora's superior Strength and Speed and sheer ferocity.

Rocket vs Iron Man. Rocket could probably dissasemble Iron Man if he made it to close quarters, but he could still blow Tony apart with his Gigantic Rocket gun, or get a magnet from quill and use it on Tony to subdue him then dismantle him to make a super gun.

Drax vs Hulk, complete stomp, Drax gets man-handeled.

Thor vs Groot, also complete stomp, Groot gets man-handeled.

Drakkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier:

Agreed I just came back from the movie and it was great Sadly though I don't see the Guardians being able to deal with people who can fly or even the Hulk, Drax was strong but not that strong the only real problem is Groot but I think Thor's lightning and Iron Man could vaporize him

I thought Gamora was cool the only reason she hasn't displayed Black Widow level Martial arts is because she's only been in one movie and shared it with 4 others But she had some pretty good physicals i.e. leaping well over 10 ft in height and distance and taking way more electric shocks than the sting that put Black Widow down in Cap 2. plus she survived in space for a good few minutes and kicked Nebula a good distance

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GoldKing

@sebast_allen said:

Starlord easily beats Captain America, he throws the magnet onto the ground near Cap, it magnetizes the shield, then Starlord blows him away.

Gamora easily beats Widow, who might have superior skill which is easily trumped by Gamora's superior Strength and Speed and sheer ferocity.

Rocket vs Iron Man. Rocket could probably dissasemble Iron Man if he made it to close quarters, but he could still blow Tony apart with his Gigantic Rocket gun, or get a magnet from quill and use it on Tony to subdue him then dismantle him to make a super gun.

Drax vs Hulk, complete stomp, Drax gets man-handeled.

Thor vs Groot, also complete stomp, Groot gets man-handeled.

Well see, I don't think it'd necessarily be a match up between the two women. I think Widow takes on Starlord and Cap takes on Gamora. That way those fights are more even. Cap has what it takes to deal with Gamora's strengths. And Widow has the skill to hang with whatever Starlord can throw at her. God forbid she got her hands on him and he didn't have a weapon handy. She'd absolutely maul him. But with his weapons, Starlord has a good chance. But I see Widow winning in the end.

I think Iron Man would be too fast for Rocket. Rocket could do what he does, but Stark just has too much offense for Rocket to be a threat. While he's busy building his Hadron Cannon, Iron Man should be able to blow him away.

And then you got to figure, If one individual member defeats their direct opponent, then they'll be open to assist someone else. Say Cap KO's Gamora, then he could move on to help Widow with Starlord. Or vis versa. Or say Hulk absolutely thrashes Drax.... he could then move on to help Thor with Groot. And so on. Iron Man could even target multiple opponents at once.

As for Starlord magnetizing Cap's shield.... Cap can physically overcome the magnet and pull his shield from the ground.

In a team vs team effort though.... both teams are good and work well together, but I just don't see a way for The Avengers to lose this. On the other hand, I could see the GOTG winning via getting what they came for and escaping. But in a purely physical sense, the GOTG are outclassed in every category.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Awesomedude

Avengers.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GoldKing : You raise brilliant points, but it's time i start going all out:

Well see, I don't think it'd

necessarily be a match up

between the two women.

I think Widow takes on

Starlord and Cap takes on

Gamora. That way those fights are more even. Cap

has what it takes to deal

with Gamora's strengths.

£ven in this fight, Gamora could hold her own for more than enough time for Quill to help.

And Widow has the skill to

hang with whatever

Starlord can throw at her. God forbid she got her

hands on him and he didn't

have a weapon handy.

She'd absolutely maul him.

But with his weapons,

Starlord has a good chance. But I see Widow winning

in the end.

| totally agree, too bad Starlord is going to hold onto his weapons, and can shoot widow before she even gets close, even if she does, he uses his rocket boots to move away from her and shoots at her.

I think Iron Man would be

too fast for Rocket. Rocket

could do what he does, but

Stark just has too much

offense for Rocket to be a

threat. While he's busy building his Hadron

Cannon, Iron Man should be

able to blow him away.

This is mostly true, but if rocket concentrated on getting to Tony's suit, he would, he was dodging machine gun fire from those turrets in the jail easily, and with the gun he could further keep Stark unbalanced before reaching the Armor.

And then you got to figure,

If one individual member

defeats their direct

opponent, then they'll be

open to assist someone

else. Say Cap KO's Gamora, then he could move on to

help Widow with Starlord.

Or vis versa. Or say Hulk

absolutely thrashes Drax....

he could then move on to

help Thor with Groot. And so on. Iron Man could even

target multiple opponents

at once. As for Starlord magnetizing

Cap's shield.... Cap can

physically overcome the

magnet and pull his shield

from the ground. In a team vs team effort

though.... both teams are

good and work well

together, but I just don't

see a way for The Avengers

to lose this. On the other hand, I could see the GOTG

winning via getting what

they came for and

escaping. But in a purely

physical sense, the GOTG

are outclassed in every category.

Not going to argue here, in the guardians lose.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GoldKing

@sebast_allen said:

| totally agree, too bad Starlord is going to hold onto his weapons, and can shoot widow before she even gets close, even if she does, he uses his rocket boots to move away from her and shoots at her.

Well, Widow is pretty good at dodging weapons herself. Not saying Starlord wouldn't be able to hit her, but it'd be close. As for him using his rocket boots, that's where I think the team would come to play. Stark is so fast, he could fly by and smash Starlord while he's got his focus on Widow. Granted, there'd be Rocket's chance to throw something together.

This is mostly true, but if rocket concentrated on getting to Tony's suit, he would, he was dodging machine gun fire from those turrets in the jail easily, and with the gun he could further keep Stark unbalanced before reaching the Armor.

I'm sure Rocket could build something to mess with Tony's suit, but even if he got onto it, what's stopping Tony from hitting Mach 3 and heading for the clouds?

I'd be interested to see how the Iron Man armor handles the magnetizing thing Starlord has, if he actually managed to activate it on Iron Man without him knowing.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Rocket solos with a op gun.

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a horrible stomp, Thor and Hulk could solo, arguably Iron Man too.

meechboyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing nothing but avengers "fans" here that frankly no nothing about the guardians. Its not about the fact that the avengers has thor and hulk as two main powerhouses, and that the guardians cant answer for them. Apparently no one sees how the guardians handles fights. First off in the movie Drax goes toe to toe with ronan the accuser, losing but lets not forget that ronan is a cosmic powerhouse who could easily give thor a good fight. Second we didn't see the guardians putting in much fight work in the movie i think because james gunn wanted to show how they can be something more than just physical strength, notice how when the odds were against all, and they were standing face to face with an infinity gem wielding cosmic being. they were still able to overcome evil. Third lets take a look at how the avengers handled the invasion. Sure Captain America had a great strategy for "Holding the fight" but would they have had any chance if Dr. Selvig had never built that safe key to shut the portal down. In my opinion that was pure luck, The guardians are obviously better at improvising every situation to their advantage. Fourth lets look at the guardians powerhouses. Groot obviously wasnt the "Beast" he was in the comics but lets not forget the way he clear the whole all of sakaraan soldiers out the way in one sweep. Also, My personal favorite...Rocket is the teams Hulk, Iron Man, and Black Widow. He built the Hadron Enforcer out of scraps on Peter Quilles ship, and No one bothered to even imagine his prepped weapon arsenal he would have prepared against the avengers. No one also mentioned gamoras enhanced feats, and how she can take black widow and hawkeye alone no problem. Now which leads me to their leader, The Star Lord...in my opinion a much better leader than Iron Man and Captain America...I'll elaborate, Star Lord is genuine old fashioned hero..He went after gamora sacrificing his own life, he was prepared to blast himself to pieces for the sake ronan not grabbing the infinity gem.. and for most He's a Genius! Notice how he used his wit and on the spot came up with a way to safely distract ronan and gave rocket enough time reassemble the Hadron Enforcer. Iron Man has shown wits like this before so i would honestly match him and star lord together for a fight giving star lord prep. People come on we're talking about "Cosmic Avengers" here. A group of beings who take on cosmic level villains for breakfast. No one wants to give Drax any credit but he ripped Korath The Pursuer, a kree designed humanoid trained by thanos the mad titan himself. I mean seriously guys put this into perspective here. Ask yourself this how would the avengers have tried to handle ronan once he had the infinity gem? They would have all went in for a fight against and would have failed horrifically. As said in the movie we all know star lord is half alien, half human and he was able to hold an infinity gem by himself for while!! the only person in avengers who could have done that is the hulk and he isnt that smart to think of doing that!

WarlicElfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't pit Drax against Hulk. That would be embarrassing. After watching Guardians of the Galaxy the third time, I would put Drax closer to Cap's strength level and Ronan at Thor's. Groot could be a match for Hulk, especially as he can grow into new shapes to fit the situation. That would be an interesting fight to see, but I'm not certain as to the outcome. Rocket is awesome, but he wouldn't have time to build his Hadron Collider or any of his other amazing weapons. He would be forced to use whatever he had with him, which I don't think would be a match for Tony's armor, especially if it is one of the more advanced models. Gamora would easily take both Black Widow and Hawkeye, but I don't like putting Thor and Starlord against each other because Thor would crush him easily. I can't put Thor against Drax either because Ronan completely man-handled Drax and is about Thor's strength level. Really whoever Thor goes against he would crush. Groot would be more than a physical match for him, but lightning would charbroil the poor tree. In the end I believe the Avengers would win, because even if Hulk and Groot were evenly matched Thor would defeat his opponent and take out Gamora before going to help Hulk with Groot. Tony would be able to help Cap out with Drax after incinerating the raccoon with his unibeam and the battle would soon be over.

Just be glad Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and the Vision aren't part of this face-off. If that were true this would be so far to the Avenger's side that the Guardians might as well give up.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Drache64

I would love to watch Thor solo. These outlaws and assassins have nothing to deal with the god of thunder.

better combat ability, durability, and sheer honest fortitude.

not a Thor fan (Cap all the way) but blondie solos and Hulk would have too much fun with this fight.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only Adam Warlock was in their movie... The guardians would have a chance. Although we did see his cocoon in the clip at the end of GotG that should mean he is coming in the future! :D in my opinion he will play a big role in Fighting Thanos or at least he should it's only right. Am I the only one that thinks we will see the Avengers and the Guardians team up when the Mad Titan finally plays the main Villain in a movie?! So far he has appeared in both individual movies...

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Avengers stomps.

GotG have no answer for Hulk & Thor.

I think that Hulk or Thor could even solo

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What!? Thor solos

Appzashok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgardian solos with ease.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Cream_God

Avengers, with prep Guardians win though

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jacthripper

Avengers

FlashKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By FlashKnight

Thor or Hulk could solo. But if Rocket was given prep he solos.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avengers win.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Experio

Avengers

JezzupWuzzup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man solos.

Groot - Tank Missile
Drax, Rocket, Star-Lord, Gamora - they die with pretty much anything in Stark's arsenal. As long as he keeps a safe distance there isn't much the Guardians can do.

Of course Hulk, and Thor would also solo. Captain America would put up a pretty good fight, but a Captain, Hawkeye, and Black Widow team up might just do the trick.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor or Hulk could solo. But if Rocket was given prep he solos.

Hulk probably solo's. Thor i doubt

Avatar image for deactivated-611e764976bba
deactivated-611e764976bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Drax is what? a 5 ton brick?

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avengers

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kind of unfair. several movies vs one movie.

several members vs 4 (essentially).

thor could concievably solo

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor or Hulk solo easy

hoverslam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers easily. Thor and Hulk solo. The only GotG player who could hold their own would be Gamora but she isn't taking out Thor or Hulk, or probably even IM.

If they had the real GotG team and added Adam Warlock and Phyla-Veil it would be a lot closer.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk one shots Drax

Thor one shots Groot

Cap defeats Gamora

Iron Man defeats either Star Lord or Rocket and Widow gets stomped by the other.

Avengers should stomp this

hoverslam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cregan_stark: Agree with everything except Cap defeating Gamora. Gamora seems underrated by people on this board.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Pandalumina

Rocket stomps. He makes moon-busting rocket launcher from crap thats under the table.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Unfortunately, the Avengers.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers stomp because of Hulk, Thor, and Iron Man.

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk can all solo.

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hoverslam: The only really superhuman feat I recall Gamora performing was that jump from walkwya to walkway during the prison escape.

Assuming my memory of this being her only superhuman feat holds true, Cap should win with moderate difficulty, especially if he has his shield.

@panda_emperorix : I think they meant the movie versions, I don't recall any moon busting rockets in the movie which performed what they were supposed to.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: Yeah but I don't recall it actually busting a moon, and he may have been bluffing.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_knight_rhoden: He literally explained to everyone the attack potency of it. What was he making..a dud?

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: He may have been exaggerating, I mean I don't think a ship that size would realistically pack enough firepower to blow up a moon. Racoon didn't even strip the engine, he just grabbed a random number of things from inside the ship, and said it can blow up a moon, so unless the ship was carrying a few pocket nukes I doubt it lives up to its claim.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rocket never actually says that the Canon he made is the weapon capable of blowing up moons, if it was then it would have killed everyone in the control room instead of just knocking them down and filling the place with smoke. In fact we don't even know what the moon busting weapon looks like, all we see is Peter and rocket gesturing vaguely to something on the ground and we never actually see it.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pandalumina
stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers