Avengers Team vs Video Game Team (of your choice)

• 58 results
Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silverrings

Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow

vs

A team of six video game characters of your choice

Basically just another make-a-team thing, this time with some of the Avengers. Post a group of video game characters that you think are capable of beating the above team and explain why. The rules are as follows:

- Your characters must all be from video games, any console, time, etc

- Only three of your characters can have "powers" (i'm counting Stark as having powers)

- No characters from games based on films, comics, etc

- No planet-busters, reality warpers, etc

- No prep for either team

- Current versions of the Avengers

- Takes place in an empty Times Square

- Everyone is in character

- To win one team must kill or incapacitate the other

Opinions?

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dante takes on Thor

Kratos does the dance with Hulk

Sam Fisher and Solid Snake take on Hawkeye and Black Widow

A fully-auged Adam Jensen whoops Captain America

Ezio helps Sam and Snake

Done and dusted.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Master Chief takes care of Hawkeye and Black widow.

Ryu Hayabusa takes out Cap.

James Heller wreckshops Iron Man

Death from Darksiders takes on Hulk

Dante w/ Sparda sword takes on Thor.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silverrings

@iheartzombies92 said:

Dante takes on Thor

Ezio helps Sam and Snake

Done and dusted.

Nice team. Fully augmented Adam is definitely powers. Also, which versions of Dante and Kratos? The former has several incarnations and the latter levels up quite a lot.

@ironshinobi88 said:

@silverrings said:

- Only three of your characters can have "powers" (i'm counting Stark as having powers)

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghostrider2

Alex Mercer(fully upgraded), Heller(fully upgraded) kills/consume the Hulk,

Death from DS2(upgrades), War from Darksiders(fully upgraded), beats Thor.

Dragonborn(enchanted Daedric armor), Kratos kills Widow, Hawkeye, Cap and Iron Man.

I think it's fair

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

Dante takes on Thor

Ezio helps Sam and Snake

Done and dusted.

Nice team. Fully augmented Adam is definitely powers. Also, which versions of Dante and Kratos? The former has several incarnations and the latter levels up quite a lot.

@ironshinobi88 said:

@silverrings said:

Thanks! Aw, sh!t, forgot Iron Man. Maybe Dante can quickly blitz him at the start?

Hmm, not that well versed in those games, but I reckon both would need to be at their city-buster levels at least to take on powerhouses like Odinson and Banner. Kratos goes up against gods and Dante has fought reality-warpers, so I think they'd do fine.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

Thanks! Aw, sh!t, forgot Iron Man. Maybe Dante can quickly blitz him at the start?

Hmm, not that well versed in those games, but I reckon both would need to be at their city-buster levels at least to take on powerhouses like Odinson and Banner. Kratos goes up against gods and Dante has fought reality-warpers, so I think they'd do fine.

Current Iron Man is Hella fast, but Dante's probably faster. What's his highest speed, if you know? You're right about the rest, that team definitely could win this.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

Current Iron Man is Hella fast, but Dante's probably faster. What's his highest speed, if you know? You're right about the rest, that team definitely could win this.

He can run so fast it looks like he is teleporting, can jump onto flying rockets, and run up walls.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Silverrings

@iheartzombies92 said:

He can run so fast it looks like he is teleporting, can jump onto flying rockets, and run up walls.

Yeah, all that, plus, he's a bullet-timer. I think He's faster than Iron Man, but maybe not stronger or more durable. Stark's also got some serious shields and firepower.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92 said:

Yeah, all that, plus, he's a bullet-timer. I think He's faster than Iron Man, but maybe not stronger or more durable. Stark's also got some serious shields and firepower.

That is a fair enough point. Dante's strength and durability can fluctuate though, but should be enough (combined with speed) to take out Stark in the opening seconds.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kos-Mos (Xenosaga, Vincent Valentine (FFVII series), Jude Maverick (Wild Arms 4), Leon S Kennedy (Resident Evil series), Ayame (Tenchu series), Winfield (Demonbane)

And before anyone asks, Winfield isn't a magic users or a Cthuhu god or anything like that in Demonbane. He's the butler for the Hadou Financial Group. He's cultured. He's refined. He helps serve the tea. He also beat the living crap out of a 4-armed wizard. Don't mess with the butler people.

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EternalDecider

Powers: Alex Mercer (Prototype), Cole MacGrath (Infamous) and Dante (Devil May Cry)

Non-Powers: Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), Kazuya Mishima (Tekken) , Master Chief (Halo)

Pretty damn sure my team takes it.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternaldecider: Kazuya has powers. He has the Devil Gene. Also, Master Chief w/MJOLNIR armor would be counted as powers as well. Without the armor he's about on par with Steve.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dante takes on Thor

Ezio helps Sam and Snake

Done and dusted.

Nice.

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos doesn't really seem like he can beat Hulk from his feats in-game. Killing Gods doesnt mean much when said gods are far weaker than most comic book gods.

IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So:

Sarah Kerrigan

Dante

Isaac

William Holt

Solid Snake

I think that should do it, or come close to it. Dunno, I don't play a lot of games with characters that can take on Thor.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante

Ermac

Nick scryer

Snake

Shinobi

Master chief

All take care of business

Montaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxwell (Scribblenauts)

The Prince w/ Katamari (Katamari series)

Mewtwo (Max leveled) (Pokemon)

Ratchet w/ Full Arsenal (Ratchet and Clank)

Merchant (Resident Evil 4)

Rhythm Monkey (Rhythm Heaven Fever)

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silverrings

I think it's fair

It's not:

@silverrings said:

@iheartzombies92 True, and i just remembered, he's got his Devil Trigger mode, which should make him equal to a Bleeding Edge-armoured Iron Man.

@reikai Master Chief doesn't count as powers here, and neither does Kazuya as long as he can't go devil-form. I'll tell people what counts, if need be. Also, interesting team, quite different from the others. Care to post some feats for Kos-Mos, Maverik and Ayame?

@eternaldecider@dratini1331@vaeternus@montaq All good teams, for sure. See above for Dante-related points. Couple questions. Firstly, who would you put against who? Secondly, can you respectively post feats for the following: Sarah Kerrigan, Shinobi, Maxwell, The Prince and Rhythm Monkey?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dratini1331

@silverrings: Kerrigan, as the queen of Blades, could call down psionic storms that could encompass most of a planet, has a pretty good healing factor, and is one of the most powerful psionics I can think of. She can mentally dominate high-ranking protoss on a regular basis without even trying.

Of course, that means nothing if you don't know about the protoss. The protoss are a race of beings that thrive entirely off of psionic energies. They have evolved to be a completely psionic race and are at base some of the strongest psychics around. The protoss have no mouth, thus communicate entirely by TP, and the highest ranking ones can call down Psionic storms capable of encompassing entire continents. The most powerful of the protoss, the archon, is supposed to be so strong that it's mere existence can wipe out all life on a planet.

Kerrigan is also capable of mentally dominating the Zerg, a swarm of aliens numbering in billions. Though many are essentially mindless, those that can think for themselves are empowered by the Xel'Naga, the powerful creator gods of the Starcraft universe.

She's essentially an incredibly powerful psionic capable of dominating most of the team here. The only people I think could resist her could well be Cap, Hulk or Thor, all depending on a lot of variables.

My matches:

Kerrigan Controls those that can be controlled, which I feel like would be Black Widow and HE for sure, possibly Iron Man, depending on if his suit can save him. She could also immediately destroy his suit from the inside out with TK if she chooses, seeing as it's very close in nature to a cross between Protoss shields and Terran battle armor.

Isaac could stall Thor, and Dante stalls hulk. Holt takes on Cap with the new back up dancers of HE and BW. Once Kerri is done with IM, she can help dante or Isaac depending on who needs more help (probably Isaac).

Like I said, not many people I know of that can match up to thor (a planet buster in the current continuity) that aren't themselves planet busters.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By reikai

@silverrings: Well Kos-Mos was designed to eliminate Gnosis on a large scale and can do so. Beyond that she has incredible physical abilities including super-human strength and reflexes. Kos-Mos can use the PTS (Phase Transfer System) to call her weapons that're kept in a secure pocket space.

Kos-Mos is a highly developed combat android secretly designed to carry the soul of Mary Magdalene. Kos-Mos can single-handedly take on and destroy large Gnosis, as well as large mecha, and can transform her arms into other weapons, such as blades and high-powered energy weapons. Kos-Mos has been through several upgrades and appearance changes, resulting in her 3rd form that also sports a PT-Cannon in her chest.

Kos-Mos in a possible future scenario was equipped with a massive PT Weapon to combat U-DO that was powerful enough to destroy a planet. That weapon system was never put into use thanks to Shion. Kos-Mos was also given a hand-held PT-Cannon for the specific use of using a single shell to remove the cloaking field around the Song of Nephilim. The weapon was set to a wide burst and a low yield as the full impact of the weapon is capable of destroying a small star. It's not part of Kos-Mos' standard gear, that's for sure.

Although her X-Buster is an anti-gnosis weapon, it can be used against non-gnosis and is highly lethal. Here she is put against Omega, in what Vector Industries knew was a one-sided battle as the Omega is essentially the most powerful machine ever created (moreso when equipped with a Zohar).

Loading Video...

It was all done to force Kos-Mos to be scrapped in favor of T-elos. Safe to say, Shion didn't let that happen. Since then Kos-Mos had been upgraded after a near fatal encounter with T-elos. At the time, T-elos was stated as nearly 5x more powerful than Kos-Mos who was in her 2nd stage of development at the time.

Loading Video...

Jude from WA4 uses an ARM, which is basically a semi-sentient weapon formed from nanomachines. In earlier games, the ARMs generally had a pre-arranged form that the wielders learned to use. In Jude's case, it was a raw ARM that reconfigured itself into a weapon befitting Jude's style or the style that would be best for him. That being a pistol.

The ARM grants Jude a number of abilities, the primary of which is the Accelerator, which effectively grants him super speed and super reflexes. As the game story progressed his Accelerator ability became more profound, to the point he could sense and react to attacks that were coming nigh-instantaneously from a guy who can stop time around himself and restore time mid-attack, making his movements and attacks appear almost instantaneous.

Jude's ARM can take several forms, between a pistol, a bayonet and a sword. Which gives him a range of options as he can fight from long, medium and close range.

Ayame is from the Tenchu Stealth Assassin series. She was raised and trained by the Azuma Ninja Clan alongside Rikimaru since she was an infant. She is a highly trained fighter who has killed all manner of Ronin, Samurai, and shinobi. As well as minor demons, shikigami, undead and automatons. The fighters of the Tenchu series are extraordinary individuals with extremely lethal skills and experts of stealth.

Ayame uses dual tanto blades as opposed to Rikimaru's singular ninjato. Ayame also uses shuriken, poison darts, smoke bombs and other ninja tools like a grapple to do what she needs to do. Ayame specializes more in speed than Rikimaru does. Her attacks aren't as strong, but when you can kill as swiftly as they can from the shadows, it makes little difference.

Ayame is like if Black Widow was a Kunoichi.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By saiyan_earthling
  • Sol Badguy
  • Kerrigan
  • Dante
  • Solid Snake
  • Jin Kazama
  • Master Chief
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Sol Badguy
  • Kerrigan
  • Dante
  • Solid Snake
  • Jin Kazama
  • Nova

woot for starcraft :D However, if you're talking about Starcraft's Nova, she has super powers, and I thoguht everyone in GG had powers too, so wouldn't that leave you with 4 people with super powers?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Jetstream Sam makes short work of Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow.
  2. James Heller can put the smack down on Iron Man.
  3. Raiden, Jetstream Sam and Heller should be able to contain Hulk.
  4. Thor would be the issue, so I'll just add Dante, Death and Marcus Fenix (With the Hammer of Dawn), to seal the deal.

Who says game characters are weak?

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saiyan_earthling said:
  • Sol Badguy
  • Kerrigan
  • Dante
  • Solid Snake
  • Jin Kazama
  • Nova

woot for starcraft :D However, if you're talking about Starcraft's Nova, she has super powers, and I thoguht everyone in GG had powers too, so wouldn't that leave you with 4 people with super powers?

Yeah, I figured. That's why I edited it. And no

Powers: Sol, Kerrigan, Dante

No powers: MC (replaced Nova), Solid Snake, and Jin (Even without the Devil Gene, he can still dish out huge damage)

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dratini1331
ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EternalDecider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maxwell from scribblenauts solos.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Asura (Asura's Wrath)
  • Id (Xenogears)
  • Gene (God Hand)
  • Raiden (Metal Gear)
  • Kain (Legacy of Kain)
  • Duke Nukem (Duke Nukem)

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rather than create a blowout, figured id try to make an even interesting looking battle using characters from one game (not necessarily franchise)

Avengers Vs. Smash Bros.

Iron Man vs. Samus

Ganondorf vs. Hulk

Link vs. Captain America

Pit (Kid Icarus) vs. Thor

Fox vs. Black Widow

PlataSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PlataSpark

Sorry to revive an old thread, but after just watching The Avengers, I found this site and wanted to comment on the thread.

Did it ever say it had to be six 1v1s? For the sake of sport, I'll just assume so.

I'd pick:

Powers:

Primal Queen of Blades (Kerrigan) over Iron Man: If kicking his ass didn't work (it would), she used to bare a striking resemblance to Pepper Potts, and he wouldn't be able to kill her after hearing her tragic tale.

Sin (FFX) over Hulk: Sin could kill them all, but in a battle of two seemingly invincible creatures, one comes back to life every time it dies (unless you're Tidus/Yuna). Does he count as a planet-buster? I mean he's not Galactus-level...If he does, I'd pick Mewtwo or Celebi or some Pokemon with Psychic ability to pacify him back to Dr. Banner... or just kill him.

Ramirez from Skies of Arcadia over Thor: Wanted to throw this franchise out there. Also seemingly indestructible, he can turn one's power against him/herself. He can also do that trick Loki does where he disappears (except he meanwhile slices you with a sword from another realm that only he can yield). Can also use "Silver Magic", wherein he can kill something in one spell.

No Powers:

Crimson Viper from SF over Hawkeye: Same as Kerrigan's story. If dodging his arrows with a super-agile giving suit and killing him with fire and lightning did not work, she looks too much like Black Widow for him to kill her.

The guy from Doom I/II over Black Widow: Wanted to throw this franchise out there too. Plus, when you're on a Berserk pack, it's hard to be "persuaded". Also, we don't know a ton about him, other than he saves the world from Hell and has her outgunned...by a lot.

Young Link over Captain: I am not sure if Captain America should be considered to have no powers. He somewhat does. He at least uses super-human abilities given to him by another entity (US GVT)... Either way, Captain wouldn't be able to kill a child. He'd then get cooked in his own suit by Din's (a gift from another entity) Fire.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura the Destructor Sweeps every Avenger

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom Guy (DOOM)

The Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)

Oni (Street Fighter)

Lighting (Final Fantasy)

Master Chief (Halo)

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura, Augus, Wyzen, Yasha, Deus and Chakravartin murder stomp everyone.

Avatar image for alessandro_souzamarques
alessandro_souzamarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrael takes on Thor.

Diablo takes on Hulk.

Dante takes on Iron Man.

Master Chief takes on Cap.

Leon S. Kennedy takes on Hawkeye

Hitman takes on Black Widow.

Also, BUMP!

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Katamari Prince Solos

Crono serves as his shield bearer and takes him back in time so Prince starts with a massive Katamari.

Ashley Riot, Ryu Hayabusa, Master Chief are there just to fill up space.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ghetsiscmcvne

Level 1 Magikarp with swift swim, focus sash and flail

Level 1 Aron with sturdy, shell bell, sandstorm and endeavor

Level 1 Rattata with quick attack, focus sash and endeavor.

DMC2 Dante

Sephiroth

Mundus

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fat_hobo389: Sssh...Magikarp is multiverse level now ;)

They wont suspect a thing

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Boss

Albert Wesker

Sarah Kerrigan

Nova Terra

Tychus Finlay

Dragonborn

seems as they`ll succeed:

> Hawkeye

> Captain America

> Hulk

> Black Widow

> Iron Man

> Thor

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CV three years ago was a weird place, where people thought Prototype characters or Kratos could beat Hulk or Iron Man

AotD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kratos (God of War)

Delsin Rowe (Infamous: Second Son)

Corvo Attano (Dishonored 1 & 2)

Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed)

Chris Redfield (Resident Evil)

Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

force_echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By force_echo

We talking comic versions? Maybe I play the wrong genre of games but I can't think of any game characters that could take out comic Thor or Hulk. You also said "no planet-busters" when Thor and Hulk are planet busters so idk how to deal with that.

But let's assume movie versions here because that's more fun for me.

Master Chief can maybe fight MCU Iron Man on even footing.

Kratos seems like a natural choice for Thor.

Alex Mercer for Hulk.

Sam Fisher for Black Widow.

Agent 47 for Cap

Isaac Clark for Hawkeye? Idk im running out of video game characters with actual displayable feats.

RaidoRK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RaidoRK

@force_echo:

Asura is pretty much the only character I can imagine that could be able to beat thor, world breaker hulk on the other hand... not a single video game character could beat him imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXDsR6hbeBc