Avengers (movie) vs Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (movies)

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alexandrinus

The Avengers are sent to capture the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Can they succeed? 

Avengers Team: 

Captain America 
Thor 
Hulk (Edward Norton) 
Hawkeye 
Black Widow 
Ironman 

(Include War Machine if you find it necessary) 

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants: 

Magneto 
Mystique 
Pyro 
Juggernaut 
Multiple Man 
Toad (from X1 movie) 
Sabretooth (from X1 movie) 
Blob (from X-men Origins - Wolverine) 

(include Quill, Psylock, Callisto and Archligt from X3 if you find it necessary) 

Can display only the powers shown in the movies (except fo Hawkeye). Avengers are out only to capture them but will kill if necessary. The Brotherhood has morals off.  

Hawkeye

- fighting abilities similar to those of Black Widow and some trick arrows (explosive, stun, electrical, net) and a combat knife 

Avengers have been preparing this attack along with Shield for 3 days.

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By Dracade102

Good battle... But I'd give this to the Avengers only because they have the bigger heavy hitters on their team.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America beats Pyro, Toad, compareable to mystique, struggles with sabretooth and Blob but could probably beat them. Loses to Magneto, juggernaut, multiple man (if multiple from start. Could take him if he catches him early) 

Thor Solo's 

Hulk (Edward Norton) Beats mystique, pyro, multiple man, toad, sabretooth, blob, struggles to reach magneto, but gets him. Solo's. 

Hawkeye (compareable to black widow by your estimation. but with long range arrows) possibly beats pyro, toad, occupies mystique, multiple man, loses to magneto, juggernaut, sabretooth, blob. 

Black Widow (same as hawkeye) 

Ironman Beats mystique, pyro, multiple man, toad, sabretooth, blob, struggles to put down juggernaut, but in no danger, gets stomped by magneto.

Avengers win.

alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By alexandrinus
@Fortified_Hooligan
You really think movie Thor can defeat the whole of the brotherhood (movie versions also).
Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Greendevil

Avengers easy.....Thor and Hulk alone would STOMP the shit out of them imo!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
@Greendevil said:
most likely
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By progenitorigin

Avengers stomp.  Thor AND Hulk? Too much for poor X-Men.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Greendevil said:

Agreed.
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandrinus said:

@Fortified_Hooligan: You really think movie Thor can defeat the whole of the brotherhood (movie versions also).

Yes. Movie thor can solo movie brotherhood. 

Dead from one strike, or area of effect. Offense has no effect on Thor 

Mystique  
Pyro  
Multiple man
Toad   

Sabretooth takes one shot and is down. two more reduces him to splat, or ashes. Offense has no effect on Thor.

Blob somehow plugged a tank barrel and was fine, yet a knock on the head with a bit of metal put him down. Mjolnir to the skull kills this version of Blob. Offense has no effect on Thor.

Juggernaut , Takes multiple shots, but is easily BFR'd. His durability was not really tested that much, and in the cut version he was ko-ed by a lightning bolt from storm channeled through wolverine, who was able to pierce jugg's skin in said cut scenes. If we use those feats, then Thor could splat him. If we leave those feats out, we need better evidence for his durability to think he can tank a shot from Mjolnir. BFR'd until magneto is dealt with, then beaten until he splits. Offense has little effect on Thor.

Magneto will cause some trouble with keeping him tied up, but Thor has demonstrated strength enough to blast through obstacles. Questionable if magneto's power will work on Thor's gear. We know that this version of Thor is not godly, but based on tech far exceeding our own. Levitation may well be based on anti-gravity or magnetic propulsion. If so, i question Magneto's ability to interfere, considering that Mjonir was born from teh heart of a super-nova. (or constructed using that as a power source or some such). Magneto has never demonstrated power on that order in the movies, so i think tech based on that kind of power will outshine magneto's power. 

That said, magneto's durability is that of a regular human in the movies. Without being able to stop the metal on Thor, he has no good shield to work with and so when Thor finally DOES tag him, he's a splatter.
alexandrinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alexandrinus
@Fortified_Hooligan
Well i think Magneto could actually control Thor's hammer. His powers are that he can control any type of metal. That will include Mjolnir. And I think you're underestimating Juggernaut. Offense wouldn't have effect on Thor? If Jugg runs towrds him can Thor actually stop him? The movie clearly says that if given a momentum, Juggernaut is virtualy unsopable. And he showed enough strength  (while running) to hurt even thor I think. And about the Hulk. He dind't show enything special in his movie. He's strength wouldn't even increase with his anger. He was weaker than Abomination. 
And Blob... his head his he's only weak spot. The rest of the body may be invulnerable. Would the Team now about his Head weakness? And he his strong also. Remember that the avengers are only here to capture them... they'll only kill if necessary (their lives or other in danger). 

I actuly thougth this could be a good figth (I would also give the victory to the avengers though). Guess I was wrong. shucks.
puiwaihin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By puiwaihin

I would say Iron Man solos, but Magneto would tear his suit off of him.  Hulk and Thor definitely solo.

Movie Juggernaut was but a fraction of the comic version.

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrtrevorguy

if these wernt the movie versons... then the brother hood of mutants would have a much better chance

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle

I changed my mind 

Quill solos in a hugfest

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mrtrevorguy

Magneto may be able to pull off a victory him self here...  
iron man and war machine are now a crumpled ball on the ground... 
captain america is pinned to the wall with his shield,  
hawkeye looses his bows and arrows, and gets shot with them, 
hulk and thor, magneto can put up a good fight, backed with the rest of his team, may be be able to snag a victory... (remember this is the movie versions) 
but all in all, if this had been the comic versions brotherhood stomps... 
juggernaut and blob could take on hulk 
and the rest of the team could bring down thor.... 
but because its the movie version... they made blob and jugg a couple of pushovers 
therefor Avengers win

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandrinus said:
And I think you're underestimating Juggernaut. Offense wouldn't have effect on Thor? If Jugg runs towrds him can Thor actually stop him? The movie clearly says that if given a momentum, Juggernaut is virtualy unsopable. And he showed enough strength  (while running) to hurt even thor I think. 

He could probably move thor, but why would a 300-400 lbs. man running at like 8-15 mph hurt thor? Would getting hit by a big heavy oak desk that fell off a moving truck at that speed hurt him?  

Movie juggernaut could even be stronger than Thor, but he doesn't have even a portion of movie thor's speed. Speed plus strength = power. 
What would you rather, drop a ten pound hammer on your toe, or fire a bullet into your foot? 

Speed = damage. Juggernaut had no speed.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By isaac_clarke

Mags is the only challenge, outside that Thor would slaughter most of them on his own. 
Comes down to who has control over the hammer, I'd be willing to bet the Odinson's control will beat out the bridge mover.  
Outside that, the Blob and Juggernaut aren't doing a damn thing to the Hulk, neither is Magneto.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle
@isaac_clarke said:
Mags is the only challenge, outside that Thor would slaughter most of them on his own. Comes down to who has control over the hammer, I'd be willing to bet the Odinson's control will beat out the bridge mover.  Outside that, the Blob and Juggernaut aren't doing a damn thing to the Hulk, neither is Magneto.
Hulk was nearly choked out by a chain wasn't he, Magneto could apply more pressure than Abomination presumably
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By isaac_clarke
@cattlebattle said:
@isaac_clarke said:
Mags is the only challenge, outside that Thor would slaughter most of them on his own. Comes down to who has control over the hammer, I'd be willing to bet the Odinson's control will beat out the bridge mover.  Outside that, the Blob and Juggernaut aren't doing a damn thing to the Hulk, neither is Magneto.
Hulk was nearly choked out by a chain wasn't he, Magneto could apply more pressure than Abomination presumably
Abomb was I can't remember the same happening with the Hulk. I do remember him being stabbed however and hit by a chain, just not strangled by it.  
I'll look up the fight.
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By isaac_clarke
@cattlebattle said:
@isaac_clarke said:
Yeah that didn't happen after looking at the fight, Abomb just kept swinging it around and smacking it into the Hulk after the Hulk over powered him, then he did a quick Hulk...SMASH! to save the day and choke out Abomb, which given his durability and strength, must have been one hell of a chain.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle
@isaac_clarke said:
@cattlebattle said:
@isaac_clarke said:
Yeah that didn't happen after looking at the fight, Abomb just kept swinging it around and smacking it into the Hulk after the Hulk over powered him, then he did a quick Hulk...SMASH! to save the day and choke out Abomb, which given his durability and strength, must have been one hell of a chain.
Yeah, LOL, wouldn't this suggest that if Magneto can control Mjilnoir Hulk is done

If they find a way to beat Thor the Brotherhood has got this, The rest of the Avengers will die
isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By isaac_clarke
@cattlebattle said:
Yeah, LOL, wouldn't this suggest that if Magneto can control Mjilnoir Hulk is done  If they find a way to beat Thor the Brotherhood has got this, The rest of the Avengers will die
Yeah Thor's mjolnir is certainly the biggest chess piece on the board here, albeit if the team utilizes lethal force and their speed, they should wrap this fight up pretty quick.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Edgeworth_11

This is basically Thor and Hulk vs The Brotherhood. Iron and Warmachine get crushed in their suits in a second. Cap cuts off his own head with his shield, Hawkeye stabs his eyes out with his arrows. They are fodder. 

Thor would put up a good fight and he himself can easily dispatch Toad, Pyro and Mystique. I didn't watch X-men 3 cuz it sucked like hell i hear, so I cant comment on Juggy and Quill (why the hell was Psylocke with them!!!???) 

So it comes down to Juggernaut and Magneto vs Thor. Brotherhood win.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Avengers, no contest.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By weaponxx

Avengers (most of the people on both sides are fodder...)

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RisingBean
@isaac_clarke:  

How that chain didn't just snap is beyond me. PIS I say.  

@alexandrinus said: 
 And about the Hulk. He dind't show enything special in his movie. He's strength wouldn't even increase with his anger. He was weaker than Abomination. 

Hulk did get stronger as he got angry. I recall when Abomination had him pressed against the wall and was pushing his elbow spike into Hulk's chest. Hulk's eyes glow green and Hulk outmuscled the Abomination.  

Edit: Avengers take it on the shoulders of Thor and ol' green genes.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Aqua11500

Magneto solos 

and BTW the Avengers hasnt even came out yet.He Would manipulate Thor's hammer and beat him with it,then BFR Hulk.all the other Avengers are street leveler fodder.  
The hype around the Avengers is annoying -_- 
Especially Thor..ugh!

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aqua11500
@JediXMan said:

Avengers, no contest.

@weaponx said:

Avengers (most of the people on both sides are fodder...)

Both of  you stop it,the movie hasn't even come out yet.We don't even know how they work as a team or any of their feats.People need to hold their horses before making these type of threads. 

BTW Mags solos
RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RisingBean
@Aqua11500
 Magneto solo's? You're always good for a chuckle, Aqua. Ah. I'ma sleep soundly tonight.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Aqua11500

Avengers hasn't come out. But we know what Thor is capable of and anything he's done outclasses Magneto, who is really the only threat.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aqua11500
@JediXMan:  Exactly, that's why we should wait because with an ensemble cast and team,certain characters WILL be nerfed to make it equal playing ground for each member,then there's the teamwork aspect of it.I don't think people should make these things until they fully get a whole view of what everyone is really capable. 

To be honest your'e over hyping movie Thor,as most of his fans do.His movie was great,but lets not forget he spent majority of the time depowered.Also He does not outclass Magneto.Magneto cold slug him with his own Hammer.Thor also hasnt had many durability showings.He got his ass handed to him by his brother(Loki) whose physically not suppose to be on par with The Odinson. 

@RisingBean:  LOL Im so serious
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Aqua11500

I actually preferred X-Men to Thor, and prefer Magneto to Thor overall - be it the comic version or movie version. Please do not categorize me with fanboys. 

His feats against the Frost Giants and the Destroyer Armor impressed me more than what Magneto did. And I see no reason why Magneto would be capable of manipulating Thor's hammer. Comic version did it once and that's been argued a few times. 

Also, I think it is wrong to assume that the powers of those in the Avengers movie will be negated due to plot - while this will be the case in the movie, that should not affect the battle forum debates. It's a case of PIS, which is not admissible.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aqua11500
@JediXMan:  I prefer X-men too,but i'm not calling you a fanboy,maybe i phrased it wrong.What i meant it hardcore fans of the movie just automatically put down "Thor solos",which he could with a lot other of Movieverse characters,but Magneto might be too much.Thor's feats against the Frost giants were cool,but  Frost Giants aren't equivalent the Master of Magnetism :) lol 

Though If Thor throws his Hammer,its gone because Magneto now has possession over it(in theory) with his magnetic powers. IF Eric  hurls it back..i don't know how that will effect Thor.To be honest Thor's Hammer Throw is his most powerful move in the movie,but in all honestly the throwing speed of which he launched it wasn't all that impressive,it seemed like he threw it fast enough for the human eye to see..so i cant really say he threw it as sonic speeds or light speed as he does in the comics..  

Yeah but sometimes in big cast that has to be done so everyone can seem equal..or doing their part.Kinda like how Storm could have soloed everyone in X-men1(save for Eric),but she got her ass kicked by Toad,kinda like how Scott in X2 could have just blasted the crap out of Lady Deathstrike and KOed her,but yet he let her get close to him to knock the crap out of hiself and etc... 

Stuff like that happens..just saying though. 
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By weaponxx
@Aqua11500: As JediXMan was saying, yeah, we havent seen the avengers yet but we have seen them already in other films save for Hawkeye, who is fodder anyways. Magneto is the only threat, true, but I don't think that is enough. It is debatable if he could manipulate Thor's hammer, but Thor can too... so even that would be a struggle. I also prefer X-Men in general, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think the brotherhood would win. 
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Based purely on whats been shown so far i would say the avengers walk it. Hulk Thor and Iron Man haveing the beating of all the other teams members bar Magneto easily and even then Hulk and Thor could still probably take mags as well.