Avengers (Modified) Vs Justice League (Modified)

• 155 results
Avatar image for darrellacoustic
darrellacoustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darrellacoustic

Each team gets 1 day to prepare, and can consult with any characters from their respective universes to strategize. Anything that can be accomplished in a day is allowed. The characters only know that they will be facing their toughest fight yet. Enchantments, armor, gadgets, etc are all allowed, with the exception of major game changing artifacts (Reality warping, time control, matter manipulators, etc)

12v12

Avengers

Captain America

The Hulk

Thor

Iron Man

Sentry

Dr Strange

Hyperion

Scarlet Witch

Dr. Doom

Silver Surfer

Gladiator

Black Bolt

Justice League

Batman

Superman

Green Lantern

Wonder Woman

Firestorm

The Flash

Martian Manhunter

Captain Atom

Captain Marvel

Dr. Fate

Black Adam

StarMan (Thom Kallor)

Only Moral rule is that there will be no intentional killing. Though some death may be inadvertent.

I realize that many of these characters at one time or another have been damn near invincible, so try to go by an "average" for each character.

EDIT: I just wanna say thanks guys, for the polite and intelligent discussions on this thread. It's my first post, and the respect throughout has been quite impressive. Not many sites can have a thread go more than a page without bitter arguments and disrespect amongst these type of discussions.

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem for JLA is surfer.Contrary to popular belief surfer has never shown FTL combat speed.I say MMH and Flash double team him .JLA FTW

darrellacoustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm. Valid points. Anyone else?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RetconCrisis

To get this out of the way, Cap can beat Batman. If this was 1v1 + 1v1 +1v1, etc., then Marvel would win. But because this is a team battle, and they can use teamwork, I think JL can win.

Martian Manhunter can mind assault everyone except Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Thor.

The rest of the JLA team up on the three and pull a win, in my opinion. Thor is not stronger than Superboy Prime, and if Superman, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman team up on Thor they can win, while GL distracts Hulk and pisses him off by constructing him, and Cyborg spams sonic blasts, and while Cap. Marvel, Martian Manhunter, and the Flash take on Surfer. One the Superman/girl and WW finish Thor, they help the rest beat SS and Hulk. Booster Gold is somewhat underrated. He can also distract Hulk with GL with his shields, gauntlets, and flight.

EDIT: Because of 1 day prep, Superman and Supergirl can sundip. Also the outside help, Booster Gold can use his time traveling device to go to the future, get more alien/25th century equipment, and bring it back fro Batman? And GL can also, if allowed, go to the Lanterns and go multi-ring style like Sodam Yat vs SBP.

darrellacoustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, didn't think about the sundip approach. I tend to favor Marvel, but I can't argue with your points.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

@retconcrisis: Both Hulk and Thor have recently fallen to TP, I doubt they be able to resist Martian Manhunter

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By homicidalmaniac
Avatar image for cyberzombie_hatchetman
Cyberzombie_Hatchetman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Avengers get Dr. Strange then JLU should get Zatanna or Dr. Fate. Avengers have a huge advantage in magical firepower. Hell Strange could BFR them all right off the bat.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: We're going by current? Nevermind, MM destroys while Booster Gold flexes his muscles and stands in front of the news cameras.

AzorAhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer is a big problem here. And is anyone forgetting Strange is here? With PREP. The team can go to Doom for some prep stuff and Strange will pull off some crazy shiz here. Although., JL has the teamwork down here. Gonna go towards Marvel 6/10

darrellacoustic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Made some changes. Dr. Fate in for Booster Gold, and Captain Atom in for Cyborg for JLA. Emma Frost in for Rogue, and Dr. Doom in for She-Hulk for the Avengers.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good fight and pretty even. Dr. Fate is a magical powerhouse.... but Strange is better. On top of that you have Doom, Banner, and Tony Stark with a day's prep..... Because those guys with prep are just nasty as all get out, it wouldn't surprise me if they could BFR the JL pretty much right off the bat. Of course it could go the other way.... but that's not how I'd write it. The Marvel side has too many prep powerhouses. Also, Sentry's going to be a problem here. On top of his already very substantial abilities, nothing here say's he can't Void out......and then there's the Silver Surfer..... yeah, Marvel takes the majority here.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Odinsonnn

Sentry/Void is literally a plague. And what can anyone do against a surfer black hole? (even Clark couldn't hold one for long)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry/Void is literally a plague. And what can anyone do against a surfer black hole? (even Clark couldn't hold one for long)

Green Lantern creates a wormhole and sends the black hole into another part of the universe.

Void is not in the battle. Why bring him up?

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I bring up the Void because he is Sentry. Just a crazy version of.... Unless expressly stated by the Op, bringing him in is fair game.

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Odinsonnn

@willpayton: you can't "wormhole" a black hole. Wormholes are created by black holes (theoretically, of course).

Because the Void is Sentry. Sentry is the Void.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I bring up the Void because he is Sentry. Just a crazy version of.... Unless expressly stated by the Op, bringing him in is fair game.

Void is not the same version of the character as Sentry. You cant use him anymore than you can use ZH Parallax's feats in a fight with Hal Jordan.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Sentry and Void are the same entity. It's not as if someone gives Sentry an object or some kind of power that Voids him out. He just goes crazy. The Void literally is Sentry, just a really angry version. Basic Sentry always has the potential to Void out. Jordan had to obtain his enhanced abilities..... Sentry's on the other hand are always there, he just needs to get good and angry.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn said:

@willpayton: you can't "wormhole" a black hole. Wormholes are created by black holes (theoretically, of course).

Yes you can.

Because the Void is Sentry. Sentry is the Void.

Regular Hulk and World War Hulk are the same character, therefore I can use WWH feats for savage Hulk. Right?

Wrong.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Sentry and Void are the same entity. It's not as if someone gives Sentry an object or some kind of power that Voids him out. He just goes crazy. The Void literally is Sentry, just a really angry version. Basic Sentry always has the potential to Void out. Jordan had to obtain his enhanced abilities..... Sentry's on the other hand are always there, he just needs to get good and angry.

Void is a different version from Sentry just like full Starheart bloodlusted Alan Scott is a different version from regular Alan Scott.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: It takes massive amounts of time and anger for Hulk to get to World Breaker status. Sure he's valid for this fight if you think it lasts that long. Alan Scot had to actually obtain the Starheart before his powers were amped. Sentry has to do no such thing. For him to void out all he has to do, literally is get angry. That's it. Sentry turning into the Void is not a leap at all, nor does it take a lot of time and rage. He just has to lose control. Sentry and Void are the same being, just different sides of the psychosis.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alan Scot had to actually obtain the Starheart before his powers were amped.

No, I'm talking regular pre-52 Alan Scott, who is made of Starheart energy. He's exactly the same as full-powered Starheart Alan, the difference is just his emotional state.

Void and Sentry are different versions of the character. If you want to insist on using Void feats for Sentry then go ahead.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dondave

@willpayton: It takes massive amounts of time and anger for Hulk to get to World Breaker status. Sure he's valid for this fight if you think it lasts that long. Alan Scot had to actually obtain the Starheart before his powers were amped. Sentry has to do no such thing. For him to void out all he has to do, literally is get angry. That's it. Sentry turning into the Void is not a leap at all, nor does it take a lot of time and rage. He just has to lose control. Sentry and Void are the same being, just different sides of the psychosis.

Hulk can instantly go to WBH

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: If it's part of Scott's skillset, then by all means use him that way.... and if Hulk can instantly go WBH than that should be allowed as well. Sentry voiding out is something he does, it's part of who he is and his skill set. Sentry and the Void are the same being and therefor should be allowed. As should WBH if Hulk can get to that level, either instantly or through time. Starheart Scott, if he doesn't actually need to obtain the heart, or if somehow he can do it with the one day prep.... sure allow him as well.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Avengers has my vote.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thanosii

@retconcrisis: several wrong points there

1 Mmh can't mind rape everyone Dr Strange, Sentry and Norrin have planetary level tp. That's 3 Telepaths vs 1 of the same level who do you think wins

2 Dr doom, Strange and SS can time travel too so your point is mute

3 With 1 day prep SS can get a power up from Galactus making it easier to drain the Krypton guys and GL

3 With prep Dr Doom can get the infinity gems since Reed had them for a while again game over, or Thor gets Odin force and destroyer armour and solos

This thread has too many variables

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Killemall

Its always fun seeing people get creative about prep, its just a hard topic to address.

Dr. Strange has the ability to shield people from TP, so can Dr. Doom btw, prep without getting too creative should cover that.

Also a team with street level + genuine powerhouse, normally turns into street level being fodders..

Odinsonnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: No. You can't.

For Hulk: those are different power levels respective to his anger. Sentry/Void are literally the same entity (does not require a power or anger boost), which is why OP's usually specify when Void is not allowed--unlike here.

You're logic is terrible.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: No. You can't.

For Hulk: those are different power levels respective to his anger. Sentry/Void are literally the same entity (does not require a power or anger boost), which is why OP's usually specify when Void is not allowed--unlike here.

You're logic is terrible.

Sentry himself disagrees with you.

No Caption Provided

Also, *your.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsonnn: Sorry man,Current/Death Seed Sentry doesn't the Void anymore.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it to DC. Almost every members can speedblitz the majority of the Marvel team and since there's no mention of prep then I don't see how Marvel could win.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give it to Avengers. 1 day prep with Dr. Doom + Strange is definitely better than 1 day of prep with Batman.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@ddecourt: Both teams have 1 day of prep time.Considering Marvel have prep masters who are Dr Doom,Bruce Banner/Hulk,Iron Man,Captain America,and Dr Strange.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: I missed that, my mistake. Well if that's so then Marvel has the edge.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Flash could take out

Captain America

The Hulk

Iron Man

Dr Strange

Emma Frost

right off the bat so i'll go with team dc, it's not easy preping for flash because he can think of more than a million scenarios before a bullet even touches him.

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Dr Doom is there and he could get the job done before Flash realize what's wrong.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ddecourt: What are doom feats against a speedster such as flash who outclasses every speedster in marvel?

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@patrat18: Doesn't matter since Doom,Iron Man,Dr Strange,Cap,and Banner are on the same team with prep.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Considering they could cut Barry away(I thinking this is current)from the Speed Force or BFR Barry into a pocket universe/others or have force fields up before the fight start.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@homicidalmaniac: I don't think you understand Barrys reaction time here. I highly doubt they can cut him off from the speed force.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Considering Doom and Strange have dealt with Galaxy to Multiverse beings with prep.I don't see why they can't deal with a character that is below Skyfather.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: They are not the same. Doom took Beyonders powers and gets his ass kicked by the fantastic four time and time again some were with prep some were without, you underestimate flash.

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@patrat18: Again,even if cutting Barry off the Speed Force wouldn't work.Force Fields and BFR against Barry are still options.The FF mostly wins against Doom is that Reed Richard is Doom equal.

Avatar image for megatronus_prime
Megatronus_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

avengers stomps here especially with silver surfer

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By patrat18

@homicidalmaniac: The Reed is still under Beyonder. well they all better come with force fields on because flash could take them out pretty quick making the JL double teaming and taking out the other team.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel ftw..strange surfer and sentry being the biggest threat,,plus if hulk goes WBH beware,,and don't tell me he needs time to get that angry cause in hulk 632 he goes WBH in an instant

homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Consider Marvel team have more magic and science prep masters on their team.