#251 Posted by TheGodofThunder (610 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is no one talking about black panther!? I'm pretty sure he could solo for the fact that he did things that hulk and thor couldn't do together on the show! Not really, but he was crazy powerful it seemed.

#252 Posted by TheGodofThunder (610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: Until superman makes galactus kneel with a lightning bolt and then makes him kneel again with a toss of mighty mjolnir, supes doesn't measure up. Haha. That's the most fun I've ever had typing.

#253 Edited by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers godstomp in current incarnations

Captain America and Black Panther + Hawkeye would lolololololol stomp Batman

Iron Man would lol stomp the Green Lantern

Vision would LOL stomp the Flash

Hank would shrink Wonder Woman into a Barbey doll before punting her

Thor would stomp Superman

Hulk and Miss Marvel than clean up the rest.

#254 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: Until superman makes galactus kneel with a lightning bolt and then makes him kneel again with a toss of mighty mjolnir, supes doesn't measure up. Haha. That's the most fun I've ever had typing.

It's very funny for a few reasons:

1) That's not strength (I specifically said strength in the other posts). You had to resort to depicting his other powers.
2) The other power you depicted is using lightning which Superman has withstood in the series and which he can dodge anyways.
3) In terms of other powers Superman still has him beat as he could fry Thor's brain if required (which he tried to do in character to Doomsday) and has better durability and speed feats (much faster, kept up with Flash in the charity race; and he was brawling with Doomsday in a Volcano and came out fine among other feats), etc.
4) Thor didn't simply hit it to make him kneel: Thor hit a very hungry Galactus in the chest where he already had a gaping wound from other heroes attacking and all it did was stun Galactus momentarily.
5) They couldn't defeat Galactus; they had to send him to the Negative Zone because they knew they flat out couldn't beat him even when he was so depowered.

#255 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

No; and it's not current incarnations. It's EMH vs JLU.

#256 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

yes, he said current incarnations of both teams in the first post

Avengers have more feats and members than last time.

#257 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

They don't have feats that put them on JLU's level; and it's only the people in the OP.

#258 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

They don't have feats that put them on JLU's level; and it's only the people in the OP.

The JLU were getting stomped by Lex/Braniac imo only Flash beat him barely

The Avengers beat Graviton, lol all the feats from the Graviton episode is greater than the entire JLU show.

#259 Edited by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452 said:

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

The Avengers beat Graviton, lol all the feats from the Graviton episode is greater than the entire JLU show.

Actually it was the Brainiac-Luthor with Darkheart; and Flash stomped him, no barely about it.

No; not even close. You're insane if you think beating graviton (who's only feats were increasing gravity) mean that they can beat the JLU. In fact Graviton is a horrible showing for the Avengers because if you use only that fight it means that they absolutely suck at tactical ability since they simply kept trying to fight him head on.

Explain what exactly they can do against Flash level speed.

#260 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452 said:

Actually it was the Brainiac-Luthor with Darkheart; and Flash stomped him, no barely about it.

No; not even close. You're insane if you think beating graviton (who's only feats were increasing gravity) mean that they can beat the JLU. In fact Graviton is a horrible showing for the Avengers because if you use only that fight it means that they absolutely suck at tactical ability since they simply kept trying to fight him head on.

Explain what exactly they can do against Flash level speed.

AOE based attacks, there's nothing Flash can do about since he loves to run in straight lines.

#261 Posted by TheGodofThunder (610 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: Dude, I barely read your post. I picked one sentence out and thought what I said back was too hilarious not post. I just started watching Jl tonight so I can't even post anything significant in this debate. I was just being sarcastic about the seriousness of the whole thread.

#262 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452: He can and has faced AOE attacks; and he can evade them or divert them (he's done both). In addition to that the AOE attacks have to be fast enough to actually hit in his vicinity; none of the avengers have done anything on that level of speed. Furthermore; those AOE attacks won't stop Superman who can move at the same speeds at normal Flash (as seen in their charity race).

#263 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Posted by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

@omegablast452: He can and has faced AOE attacks; and he can evade them or divert them (he's done both). In addition to that the AOE attacks have to be fast enough to actually hit in his vicinity; none of the avengers have done anything on that level of speed. Furthermore; those AOE attacks won't stop Superman who can move at the same speeds at normal Flash (as seen in their charity race).

lol dude, Flash can't counter or evade the AOE attack Thor did on Graviton which lit up the entire city and made a huge crater

Superman also get consistently tagged by slow people his speed is not even worth mentioning.

Grundy tagged him

Darkseid tagged him

Toy man tagged him

ect,

#265 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage said:

lol dude, Flash can't counter or evade the AOE attack Thor did on Graviton which lit up the entire city and made a huge crater

Superman also get consistently tagged by slow people his speed is not even worth mentioning.

Grundy tagged him

Darkseid tagged him

Toy man tagged him

ect,

Flash can travel around the world in seconds; you seriously don't think he can outrun the slow throw Thor does?

There's a difference between being tagged, and fighting. Superman doesn't typically try to evade attacks because his durability is so high that he can take pretty much anything they throw at him. There's a difference between tagging someone; and them taking the hit because they know they can shrug it off.

Seriously; once the fight starts the Flash blitxes Black Panther, Wasp, Ant-Man, Captain America, and Ironman before they can even react. (As he's done to many people in the series including mass amounts of Apokalyptian soldiers), Superman murderstomps Hulk; and Hawkgirl wipes the floor with Thor who's magic is useless against and weakened by her Nth-metal Mace.

#266 Edited by omegablast452 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: please

Flash only ran around the world in seconds with the speed force, and again that was in A STRAIGHT LINE! he hasn't shown his combat speed to be equal to his movement speed,

and lol Hawk Girl stomping Thor?

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

She barely held her own against Joker goons.

your just being a fan boy now if you think any of the JLU members are soloing

#267 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

@omegablast452:
1) He was doing the IMP; so that was combat speed and he went even faster in the middle of combat right afterwards.
2) It takes light a fraction of a secon to travel around the earth; which means if he can reach or surpass light-speed without going into the speed-force then he can travel around the world in seconds. He did that when he ran between the Watchtower and the Sun in 7.5 minutes.
3) You completely ignored why Hawkgirl stomps Thor; I.E. her Nth-metal mace is specifically designed to weaken and negate magic. It's precisely why she was the only one who could defeat Chaos-Magic based Grundy when he was practically unphased by much stronger hits.

4) It's a bad idea to play the fan-boy card in the same post that you get information wrong on multiple characters. It just doesn't look good on you.
5) Playing the fan-boy card and leaving without actually adressing what I said or why you think it's wrong (I.E. Superman and Hulk, Hawkgirl and Thor, Flash and the others) doesn't look good either.

#268 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman would two piece Antman like she did Giganta, hell, she and Hawkgirl would beat Thor too, Hawkgirls Mace messes with magic and would do even more damage to Thor, Wonder Womans bracers can block anything and her lasso is unbreakable so WHEN she gets the lasso around Thor, Shiera will lay the anti magic mace smack down. Superman is so much faster than Hulk he'd pull some "world of cardboard" sh*t on him over and over and over, Hulk wouldn't even be able to recover in time before getting launched into the atmosphere. Vision isn't even in the battle and if he was, he would get vibrated through and turned solid, then one shotted by Flash, since he's not Flash can help anyone of his teammates. Martian Manhunter mindrapes Steve, Clint and T'challa early on so he can help with Thor, Hulk or Iron Man. Batman whips out his bat-bugspray and bat-flyswatter ...lol na, he just waits for Flash to slap her out the air. Tony can't hang with John Stewart, he'd get put in a construct and crushed, and even if he could break through he'd just get knocked to the ground and Flash would vibrate the armor of his body like he did Luthor/Brainiac.

OR

Green Lantern puts Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Panther and Wasp in a bubble and keeps them there, Martian Manhunter one shots Hank Pym and his shrink ray (say hello to shape shifting) and uses his gun to shrink Hulk to the size of a bean and Flash drops him in the ocean, meanwhile Wonder Woman tears Iron Man to pieces while Superman blitzes Thor until the rest catch up and curbstomp Thor like its a gang initiation.

OR

Superman freezes Cap, BP, HE and Wasp, blinds Ant Man with heat vision in the eyes, tears Iron Man's Suit off like a present, tosses Hulk away, and stands there in Thor's face with 6 the rest of the JLA staring him in the face ... I wonder who wins...

OR

Martian Manhunter mindrapes Cap, BP, HE, Wasp, Ant Man, Iron Man and Hulk. If that doesn't work on Iron Man and Hulk, he extends his arm, phases the armor off of Tony and puts his hand through Hulks skull. I dare say Martian Manhunter can solo, Thor can't touch him and even if he shot lightning at him, J'onn could shape shift around it and smack Thor up...even if intangibility and telepathy didn't work, he's got his whole team sitting there waiting ....

OR

Wonder Woman lassos Cap, BP, HE and slams them, reflects Wasp's beam back in her face, lassos Iron Man and beats Ant Man with him, Thor and Hulk won't even Be able to stop it from happening, she lassos Hulk, technically she can handle Thor, but this whole scenario may be enough of a stretch, JLA stomp Thor.

OR

Flash goes about blitzing Cap, BP, HE, Wasp and Giant Man, Iron Man can't hit him and frankly, no one can, he'd have to go in head on in which case he'd get torn apart, Hulk and Thor can cause a little earth quake to try and shake things up which may slow Flash down but not enough to even be an issue .... Flash's only problem is a Thunder Clap, at which point the rest of the JLA stomp Hulk and Thor.

JLA wins 8/10, unfortunately for the avengers, they only have 3 heavy hitters while the JLA has 5, and all 5 have a very varied set of skills which would render most if not all of the Avengers helpless, such as telepathy, super speed, hard light constructs, unbreakable magic gear, and freeze breath .....

#269 Posted by Batman242 (4862 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally for some reason think Batman can solo.... The guy was overpowered in the show.

Superman was totally useless, but I guess this incarnation held back a lot more than any other. I guess when he doesn't hold back, he can do something.

Flash would probably IMP Hulk and get him angry....

I see the JL winning.

#270 Posted by rpottage (899 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally for some reason think Batman can solo.... The guy was overpowered in the show.

Superman was totally useless, but I guess this incarnation held back a lot more than any other. I guess when he doesn't hold back, he can do something.

Flash would probably IMP Hulk and get him angry....

I see the JL winning.

I know what you mean. I don't necessarily think he could solo because feats wise he didn't really have that much going on powerwise; but he was completely badass in the show and scared everybody.
Though honestly there's a chance that none of the Avengers would be able to touch him because his agility was completely overpowered. I mean the guy toyed with Kalibek and dodged Darkseid's Omega Beams. And if they did he would probably survive it anyways since he did survive the outskirts of a nuclear missile.
Man, Batman really was awesome in that show.

#271 Posted by chromenyte97 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

thor vs superman would be a very close fight, but I think thor would barely win due to superman's weakness to magic

hulk vs martian manhunter would be good too but i think manhunter will eventually win that with his shape/density shifting powers

i'm not so sure about GL vs iron man, this fight could go either way. GL could trap iron man in a green bubble then make it compress until iron man becomes a little metal ball or iron man take down GL with a good unibeam.

Wonderwoman vs antman I think ww would win because he wouldn't be the first giant she's faced, but antman might win if he summons a huge ass ant army. But if this fight is limited to fists, I'd have to give it to ww.

hawkgirl vs black panther: both rely equally on high tech weaponry and skills to take down their opponents. Hawkgirl is stronger physically but I'd have to give it to black panther due to his superior skills and versitality.

flash vs hawkeye the loudmouths of each team who achieve great feats once in a while but seem pretty useless for most of their series. Flash blitzes hawkeye. no contest.

Batman vs cap : the two peak humans who have great brains and resources but prefer to rely on a more traditional fighting style with traditional weapons. I'd say they're dead even and one would only gain advantage over the other with a lucky shot like what happened in the jl vs avengers crossover

I think people here really underrated batman and cap. I don't know if it seemed like this to me, but they seem to have been able to accomplish feats that shouldn't have been possible for even peak humans.

for example, in "fury", batman single-handedly managed to take down a team consisting of Star Sapphire (basically a green lantern but in a different color), Shade, Copperhead, Solomon Grundy(who was able to go toe-to-toe with superman), and Tsukuri(random ninja).

Also, in the last episode, he even managed to faze darkseid with a batkick then dodge his omega beams.

Meanwhile, cap was able to beat a team of superskrulls when he was trapped on a skrull ship and was able land a pretty decent hit on hulk.

I didn't add wasp here because I think we can all agree that she's borderline useless throughout the series and any one of the jlu members can take her down within seconds.

#272 Posted by nicos (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice league Unlimited has got the bigger roster therefore they probably stand a better chance at winning in an all out war......but then i just remembered where the avengers recruited a crap load of other hero's when facing Galactus and other big bad guys...but i think justice league stills got the bigger roster. they probably might win. Solar man of the atom(remember him?) could wipe them all out and then remake them from his own mind, HA! Both of y'all Loose!!!

#273 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm backing the JLA.

Too many heavy hitters.

#274 Posted by mace11 (272 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

"@isaac_clarke: Yes I have seen the show, and Hulk and Thor are their only power players. 6/7 members of the League have some degree of super strength The Avengers have Wasp :( "

Did you miss Tony's Unibeam leveling everything he fires it at? Hulk, Thor and Tony are the teams power houses, no question.

4/7 Flash, Batman and as far as I know outside constructs Lantern do not have super strength. At best you can argue for the Lantern and Flash is some power behind their attacks.

Green lanterns do have super strength using will power etc...so they do not have to make constructs for this.The level of strength does vary,and the normal lantern will not have strength like a wonder woman or superman but they will have super strength.

Now a lantern with powers of their own like sodam yat and those types could have super strength equal to or greater then superman etc.. or a normal lantern could have a major power boost using the main lantern battery or a entity like ion etc. could give them even greater super strength.

Hal jordan parallax knock superman out with one punch and he did use the ring to make constructs for that to happen.

#275 Posted by sophia89 (8261 posts) - - Show Bio

@van_cere and @reikai here you go guys EMH vs JLU.

instead of debating on the other thread,this one makes more sense to debate on.

#276 Posted by Shiryu (3928 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely JLA.

#277 Posted by Killerwasp (7620 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice league

#278 Posted by Stormdriven (6537 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League. The only real problems from the EMH team are Thor and Hulk, and they won't be able to beat all of the JL's powerhouses, as watered down as they were. EMH is a better show though IMO.

#279 Posted by JackJack390 (818 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH

Thor is a powerhouse and everyone else is pretty powerful too compared to their other incarnations.

And if this is JLA not JLU, Flash doesn't have speed force yet.

This

#281 Posted by Gustofwind (606 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman needs help just opening his pills at the end of JLU, he's not going to be much help in this battle.

#282 Posted by Ultragreenboy (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

JL

#283 Posted by nerdchore (2590 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman would two piece Antman like she did Giganta, hell, she and Hawkgirl would beat Thor too, Hawkgirls Mace messes with magic and would do even more damage to Thor, Wonder Womans bracers can block anything and her lasso is unbreakable so WHEN she gets the lasso around Thor, Shiera will lay the anti magic mace smack down. Superman is so much faster than Hulk he'd pull some "world of cardboard" sh*t on him over and over and over, Hulk wouldn't even be able to recover in time before getting launched into the atmosphere. Vision isn't even in the battle and if he was, he would get vibrated through and turned solid, then one shotted by Flash, since he's not Flash can help anyone of his teammates. Martian Manhunter mindrapes Steve, Clint and T'challa early on so he can help with Thor, Hulk or Iron Man. Batman whips out his bat-bugspray and bat-flyswatter ...lol na, he just waits for Flash to slap her out the air. Tony can't hang with John Stewart, he'd get put in a construct and crushed, and even if he could break through he'd just get knocked to the ground and Flash would vibrate the armor of his body like he did Luthor/Brainiac.

OR

Green Lantern puts Hawkeye, Captain America, Black Panther and Wasp in a bubble and keeps them there, Martian Manhunter one shots Hank Pym and his shrink ray (say hello to shape shifting) and uses his gun to shrink Hulk to the size of a bean and Flash drops him in the ocean, meanwhile Wonder Woman tears Iron Man to pieces while Superman blitzes Thor until the rest catch up and curbstomp Thor like its a gang initiation.

OR

Superman freezes Cap, BP, HE and Wasp, blinds Ant Man with heat vision in the eyes, tears Iron Man's Suit off like a present, tosses Hulk away, and stands there in Thor's face with 6 the rest of the JLA staring him in the face ... I wonder who wins...

OR

Martian Manhunter mindrapes Cap, BP, HE, Wasp, Ant Man, Iron Man and Hulk. If that doesn't work on Iron Man and Hulk, he extends his arm, phases the armor off of Tony and puts his hand through Hulks skull. I dare say Martian Manhunter can solo, Thor can't touch him and even if he shot lightning at him, J'onn could shape shift around it and smack Thor up...even if intangibility and telepathy didn't work, he's got his whole team sitting there waiting ....

OR

Wonder Woman lassos Cap, BP, HE and slams them, reflects Wasp's beam back in her face, lassos Iron Man and beats Ant Man with him, Thor and Hulk won't even Be able to stop it from happening, she lassos Hulk, technically she can handle Thor, but this whole scenario may be enough of a stretch, JLA stomp Thor.

OR

Flash goes about blitzing Cap, BP, HE, Wasp and Giant Man, Iron Man can't hit him and frankly, no one can, he'd have to go in head on in which case he'd get torn apart, Hulk and Thor can cause a little earth quake to try and shake things up which may slow Flash down but not enough to even be an issue .... Flash's only problem is a Thunder Clap, at which point the rest of the JLA stomp Hulk and Thor.

JLA wins 8/10, unfortunately for the avengers, they only have 3 heavy hitters while the JLA has 5, and all 5 have a very varied set of skills which would render most if not all of the Avengers helpless, such as telepathy, super speed, hard light constructs, unbreakable magic gear, and freeze breath .....

finally someone lays it all out nice and clear.

#284 Posted by Huey_Freeman34 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU wins

#285 Posted by Kazuma_Bushi (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH win due to reasons previously stated in this thread.

#286 Posted by EpicGhost (169 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU stomps

#287 Posted by Wdc (632 posts) - - Show Bio

I give it to JLU

#288 Posted by MasterKungFu (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU

#289 Posted by Zenduba (1 posts) - - Show Bio

JLU. Both teams have spent some time squabbling but you can't deny that EMH is quite ununited and uncordinated as a team compared to JL. And its also not about brains (both teams have defeated characters smarter than they are, e.g. Brainiac,The Leader, etc) but more about tactical ability, which EMH has but not as much as the JL. Avengers is a mixture of scientists, rulers and agents (where does Wasp fit in?) but most of the JL characters have combat backgrounds and training (Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, GL MM) with only Supes and Flash without. When it comes to actual combat, strategy and tactics they are all well versed as compared to Avengers were Cap has to make all the calls.

#290 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (2139 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Thor could potentially solo.

#291 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (2139 posts) - - Show Bio
@zenduba said:

JLU. Both teams have spent some time squabbling but you can't deny that EMH is quite ununited and uncordinated as a team compared to JL. And its also not about brains (both teams have defeated characters smarter than they are, e.g. Brainiac,The Leader, etc) but more about tactical ability, which EMH has but not as much as the JL. Avengers is a mixture of scientists, rulers and agents (where does Wasp fit in?) but most of the JL characters have combat backgrounds and training (Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, GL MM) with only Supes and Flash without. When it comes to actual combat, strategy and tactics they are all well versed as compared to Avengers were Cap has to make all the calls.

Thor could potentially one-shot every single member of the JLU. Yes, they were that weak.

#292 Edited by MasterKungFu (3899 posts) - - Show Bio
#293 Edited by RudeBomberBoy01 (2139 posts) - - Show Bio
@masterkungfu said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:

uh...what?

Yes, yes, he could. He has better feats than all of them combined.

They could introduce EMH Thor as a boss in the JLU show and he'd wreck them all.

#294 Edited by Noone301994 (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

#295 Posted by MasterKungFu (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01 said:

@masterkungfu said:
@rudebomberboy01 said:

uh...what?

Yes, yes, he could. He has better feats than all of them combined.

They could introduce EMH Thor as a boss in the JLU show and he'd wreck them all.

except he is still just one guy. one individual doesn't bring the benefits that teamwork does

#296 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (2139 posts) - - Show Bio

except he is still just one guy. one individual doesn't bring the benefits that teamwork does

But that one guy has better feats than the entire opposing team, combined.

#297 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (922 posts) - - Show Bio

EMH win thanks to Thor,when that dude needed to clean house he cleaned house.Look what he did to Graviton, Ultron and the Skrulls.

#298 Posted by MasterKungFu (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudebomberboy01: damage feats maybe but how does that help him against flash or mmh who can dodge his attacks or simply turn intangible. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in the league were worthy enough to pick up mjolnir thus preventing him from obtaining the bulk of his powers @ancient_0f_days: has already laid it out neatly

#299 Posted by DrFate (2381 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophisticated_ignorance: Thor gets TP'd. But thanks to your name i can see that you like to ignore facts.

The JLU would win in a fight. The only real threats to the JL are Thor and Hulk...and though they have good feats, these two are not good enough to beat the rest of the JL

#300 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@drfate said:

@sophisticated_ignorance: Thor gets TP'd. But thanks to your name i can see that you like to ignore facts.

The JLU would win in a fight. The only real threats to the JL are Thor and Hulk...and though they have good feats, these two are not good enough to beat the rest of the JL

How do we know thats a fact? My name doesn't mean anything lol its a phrase from a song nothing more. We actually have no idea how resistant EMH Thor is to TP, and since comic book Thor has inconsistent showings regarding TP resistancy, we can't use his comic book counterpart showings to back up OR disprove how EMH Thor would react to animated MMH's telepathy.So no I'm not being ignorant, on the contrary its you for trying to pass off something that can't really be disproven or proven as fact.