• 64 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

These two Avatars handled harmonic convergence, faced down Vaatu, and started a new age in the world, but how would they fare in a fight against each other?

Both Avatars start in the Avatar State. Korra does not have access to her past lives (since they were destroyed). All elements are usable. Fighters are in character

Fight takes place where Wan and Korra fought Vaatu. Starting distance is 50 feet. Victory by KO or death

Which Avatar will emerge victorious?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wan probably.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wan would take this one.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

wan, better overall feats

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wan, better overall feats

I would argue that Korra has at least shown better waterbending and earthbending feats, fire and airbending are debatable

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wan.

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra I'll say why when I get home

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra I'll say why when I get home

Sounds good

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't think that Wan is much of a warrior. In his time, bending is primarily used for self-defense or hunting because different cities haven't discovered each other. Sure, he kicked butt against Vaatu, but Korra is taught forms of bending honed for combat after thousands of years of conflict between nations. They both have similar aptitudes for the elements (perhaps Wan has more potential, I don't know), but in the end I give the edge to Korra because she's more of a warrior. Korra 6/10.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manhunter_prime: Well people regularly went out and had to fight the spirits...interesting point though...

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Wan

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wans the better avatar, Korra the better bender.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@funsiized: so who do you think wins? Korra?

Hard to say. Wan Is the most in tune with Raava, and that may or may not grant him more power in the avatar state. All I know is Korra has replicated Wans feats with bending almost to a T and with less. that speaks her win IMO. But I'm probably forgetting something.

Avatar image for manhunter_prime
Manhunter_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I guess my point is that it's different fighting spirits versus fighting someone who can do the exact same things you can. Korra trained and has fought many other people who bend and use her own or similar tricks against her. It's not the same fighting spirits, although probably equally impressive. Just like Korra was surprised when she had to learn a new style of bending for pro-bending, Wan is going to start out having to adapt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra imo because, unlike wan whom basically was only granted the elements in 1 a short period of time regardless of him being a natural fire bender, didn't practice hardly at all. With that in mind korra not only practiced the traditional ways, but also in modern times. Granted its always though that traditional was always less superior to that of the modern times, but they both have their ups and downs imo. Furthermore she as also learned from masters rather than by himself or raava, granted raava is indeed basically supreme in this matter, but still shortern time period of training both faced the dark spirit and both managed to defeat it. I feel korra wins as i said due to her longer bending time ( IF we go by that mark where they both fought the dark spirit ) and imo has at least two different styles to fall back on and apply them to this fight.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wan. His overall feats in avatar state look far more impressive than korra.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wan by default id better than aang or korra.

But IMO it's 50/50

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe korra

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wan, he was number one!!!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wan will win one.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Why is everyone saying Wan will win?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@arcus said:

@lvenger: why do you think Korra wins?

Better feats, more skill bending, Wan's durability will keep him in the fight for only so long.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Is the better fighter overall imo.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hmm. This would be very close. I honestly do not know. Both have exceptional bending feats and are really competent fighters. Wan can achieve flight by riding on his air nimbus and korra can fly using jet propulsion or the air spout technique. If I had to pick one of them, I would go with Wan. As someone else mentioned above, Wan is more aligned with Raava than Korra is, so he might be able to harness more of Raava's power more effectively. Also, Wan was shown to be capable of bending a ring of elements , similar to what Aang did against.

Wan 6/10

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KingZod

Wan takes it 6/10 imo

Kneel Before Zod

Avatar image for super_sayian_beyonder
Super_Sayian_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wan would take this, same reason why Aang would beat Korra as well.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

All Korra needs is waterbending to beat him with all the elements and no AS.

With AS, it could go either way.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wans AS impressed me more bending wise. Bending a nuclear bomb is probably the most impressive thing we've seen but its too hard to quantify.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

These two Avatars handled harmonic convergence, faced down Vaatu, and started a new age in the world, but how would they fare in a fight against each other?

Both Avatars start in the Avatar State. Korra does not have access to her past lives (since they were destroyed). All elements are usable. Fighters are in character

Fight takes place where Wan and Korra fought Vaatu. Starting distance is 50 feet. Victory by KO or death

Which Avatar will emerge victorious?

Now that I think about it, Korra's AS should be more powerful since the Raava in her is more powerful than the Raava that Wan has.

Theoretically, she should win decisively every single time based off of that.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the earlier responses from years ago are a bit outdated because Korra both in and out of the avatar state is stronger.

He only has an advantage in firebending which really depends on how you view the sand shark feat.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With AS it could go either way. Without it I'm leaning towards Korra, mainly due to more feats, although it's worth noting base Wan was doing decently well against Vaatu, whereas base Korra couldn't touch him.

@tektonic The sandshark feat is great, but Wan has multiple feats on that scale (not quite as large, but comparable). He also has some neat tricks like fire walls and fire redirection. His airbending is probably worse overall, but it complements his firebending perfectly by giving him top tier movement speed to complement his already incredible fire power.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

With AS it could go either way. Without it I'm leaning towards Korra, mainly due to more feats, although it's worth noting base Wan was doing decently well against Vaatu, whereas base Korra couldn't touch him.

@tektonic The sandshark feat is great, but Wan has multiple feats on that scale (not quite as large, but comparable). He also has some neat tricks like fire walls and fire redirection. His airbending is probably worse overall, but it complements his firebending perfectly by giving him top tier movement speed to complement his already incredible fire power.

I would say with AS she solidly wins as her feats are significantly better and she is just as if not even more connected to Raava than Wan. Wan was performing better, Korra was slacking a bit in that fight but that was 2 seasons ago.

Yes he does have comparable feats which means that a fire bending duel would be pretty close. And yes he has some great techniques which indicate a better affinity for the element that tells us who has a bit of an advantage in fire unsurprisingly. Korra will be able to hold out in fire for a while.

But he's outclassed considerably in every other element and his nimbus speed while top tier won't cause too much havok for someone who has mastered the air and water spout, along with jet propulsion, and superior reflexes.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Korra

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wan , Korra has proven by far to be the worst Avatar out every single one of them , losing to Kuvira is pathetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: Really? Her main feats post S2 is her fight with Zaheer, and while very impressive I don't see that working on an equally powerful being. Korra suffers because she's never had an unhindered continuous AS fight since B2, and those feats aren't applicable any more.

I'd say Wan would win an in-character fire duel pretty decisively, whereas it'd be extremely close bloodlusted (although he'd win there too).

He's outclassed considerably in earth and water. His air isn't as good by itself as Korra's but it complements his fire very well. I don't think spouts (which appear to be slower, don't go nearly as high, and somewhat limit bending options) or firejets (very fast speed in bursts, but only straight lines for a few seconds) are as good as Wan's nimbus. I'm also not so certain about the reflexes, considering how he possibly timed (or at least came very close to timing) Vaatu's laser, and was keeping up with Vaatu (whose travel speed is immense).

Just to be clear, I think Korra wins a non-AS fight narrowly due to more feats, but saying all he has on her is firebending isn't quite accurate.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tektonic

@mial42 said:

@tektonic: Really? Her main feats post S2 is her fight with Zaheer, and while very impressive I don't see that working on an equally powerful being. Korra suffers because she's never had an unhindered continuous AS fight since B2, and those feats aren't applicable any more.

Well I wouldn't say they aren't applicable. The scope of what her AS COULD do is possibly reduced but the feats themselves aren't the issue. Almost every feat she did in her fight with Unalaq she did again. Whether she got the knowledge from other avatars or not(unlikely) she clearly remembered and retained how to do those stuff.

AS feats

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her AS feats are much better.

I'd say Wan would win an in-character fire duel pretty decisively, whereas it'd be extremely close bloodlusted (although he'd win there too).

Wan would win fire is his affinity but Korra is no slouch in that so it won't give him a big advantage overall.

He's outclassed considerably in earth and water.

That's true.

His air isn't as good by itself as Korra's but it complements his fire very well.

That is also true.

I don't think spouts (which appear to be slower, don't go nearly as high, and somewhat limit bending options) or firejets (very fast speed in bursts, but only straight lines for a few seconds) are as good as Wan's nimbus.

I don't think they are as good as the nimbus BUT they will allow her to keep up much better.

I'm also not so certain about the reflexes, considering how he possibly timed (or at least came very close to timing) Vaatu's laser, and was keeping up with Vaatu (whose travel speed is immense).

I'm glad you pointed out Vaatu's speed. He is probably the fastest character zipping through mountain ranges. He is much faster than Comet Ozai, Void Zaheer for example. Like you said Korra without the AS was fighting him but wasn't doing as well as Wan with his Nimbus. Nonetheless they both kept up with him. However Korra has improved since than reacting to Kuvira's mountain range crossing laser point blank which is the better version of Vaatu's attack. And has shown greater dexterity.

Just to be clear, I think Korra wins a non-AS fight narrowly due to more feats, but saying all he has on her is firebending isn't quite accurate.

Ultimately I find her his superior in and out of the AS and I wouldn't classify it as that close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@mial42 said:

Well I wouldn't say they aren't applicable. The scope of what her AS COULD do is possibly reduced but the feats themselves aren't the issue. Almost every feat she did in her fight with Unalaq she did again. Whether she got the knowledge from other avatars or not(unlikely) she clearly remembered and retained how to do those stuff.

AS feats

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Her AS feats are much better.

Wan would win fire is his affinity but Korra is no slouch in that so it won't give him a big advantage overall.

He's outclassed considerably in earth and water.

That's true.

His air isn't as good by itself as Korra's but it complements his fire very well.

That is also true.

I don't think spouts (which appear to be slower, don't go nearly as high, and somewhat limit bending options) or firejets (very fast speed in bursts, but only straight lines for a few seconds) are as good as Wan's nimbus.

I don't think they are as good as the nimbus BUT they will allow her to keep up much better.

I'm also not so certain about the reflexes, considering how he possibly timed (or at least came very close to timing) Vaatu's laser, and was keeping up with Vaatu (whose travel speed is immense).

I'm glad you pointed out Vaatu's speed. He is probably the fastest character zipping through mountain ranges. He is much faster than Comet Ozai, Void Zaheer for example. Like you said Korra without the AS was fighting him but wasn't doing as well as Wan with his Nimbus. Nonetheless they both kept up with him. However Korra has improved since than reacting to Kuvira's mountain range crossing laser point blank which is the better version of Vaatu's attack. And has shown greater dexterity.

Ultimately I find her his superior in and out of the AS and I wouldn't classify it as that close.

Her S2 feats aren't applicable because she doesn't have her past lives, and none of her non-continuous AS feats are powerful enough to make a difference in an AS fight, leaving mostly her fight with Zaheer, which also isn't really enough. I'm of the opinion that it's close mainly because she can use it to amp her already considerable skill and power, whereas he has better AS feats (sealing Vaatu is a better combat feat than anything post S2 Korra did in the AS).

Having extremely powerful offense you can rain down from the skies is an advantage. It's not like they're just comparing elements, that would be pretty decisive in Korra's favor (Korra's Water>Wan's Fire>Korra's Fire>=Korra's Air>Wan's Air>=Korra's Earth>>Wan's Earth and Water). It's the combination of traits Wan has (incredible speed, firepower, and durability) that allows him to go toe to toe with Korra.

Spouts aren't as good as his nimbus, and her offense from aboard them might not even reach him. Wan's mobility (second only to Void Zaheer as far as benders go) is his biggest advantage over Korra by far.

Wan was doing far better against Vaatu than Korra was (she couldn't even tag him, whereas he was dodging Vaatu's hits, tanking them, tagging Vaatu with fireblasts, and racing with him, all after suffering a serious beatdown before he got all four elements and while dying thanks to Raava). Korra's got far more reaction speed feats than him, but based on his few showings, the difference isn't large enough to be significant. Not to mention he practically replicated the showing you brought up:

I see Korra and Wan as quite close both in and out of the AS. I'd favor Korra in a fight, mainly because she's got so many more showings and far better versatility, but Wan's incredible firepower, mobility, and durability means that it's far from easy.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

Her S2 feats aren't applicable because she doesn't have her past lives, and none of her non-continuous AS feats are powerful enough to make a difference in an AS fight, leaving mostly her fight with Zaheer, which also isn't really enough. I'm of the opinion that it's close mainly because she can use it to amp her already considerable skill and power, whereas he has better AS feats (sealing Vaatu is a better combat feat than anything post S2 Korra did in the AS).

She already has that knowledge from when she used said moves. She didn't do anything too complex where one would think she can't do it again. What exactly isn't applicable? Air spouts? Fire Jets? Enhanced blasts? She has done all of that before and after fine save for the sealing sphere which she never needed. Again she doesn't need her S2 AS feats at all. Her later season feats are still much better than his. Absolutely disagree creating a sphere a four elements is nice but not sure how that will help here when she has him overpowered in every single element of that technique save for fire.

Having extremely powerful offense

What? Her water can deal with his fire just fine. Her fire could mitigate it as well.

you can rain down from the skies is an advantage.

If Korra can gather enough water than she could go to tremendous heights herself

Here

No Caption Provided

It's not like they're just comparing elements, that would be pretty decisive in Korra's favor (Korra's Water>Wan's Fire>Korra's Fire>=Korra's Air>Wan's Air>=Korra's Earth>>Wan's Earth and Water).

Yes very much so.

It's the combination of traits Wan has (incredible speed, firepower, and durability) that allows him to go toe to toe with Korra.

Korra has pretty great speed herself, superior power, and just as good durability, and far more versatility.

Spouts aren't as good as his nimbus, and her offense from aboard them might not even reach him. Wan's mobility (second only to Void Zaheer as far as benders go) is his biggest advantage over Korra by far.

They don't have to be as good as long as they strongly diminish his advantage. Her waterspout on it's own has shown pretty great heights. It's also his only advantage. His attacks don't have the power to stop hers. And if he just keeps flying around than she can just create a defense he can't get through whether with water or earth or both no need to chase someone who can only stay away.

Wan was doing far better against Vaatu than Korra was (she couldn't even tag him, whereas he was dodging Vaatu's hits, tanking them, tagging Vaatu with fireblasts, and racing with him, all after suffering a serious beatdown before he got all four elements and while dying thanks to Raava).

Well first of all these fights broke down differently. Vaatu at the time of his fight with Wan was both unprepared and far too arrogant. With Korra he had 10,000 years in the tree of time to prepare and was far more serious not even bothering to gloat.

Second Korra is better in every way to her S2 self.

Third Wan's tactics of hit and run aren't going to work on Korra unlike Vaatu since he was a gigantic target who didn't have much methods to counter unlike her.

Fourth Korra has tanked the same attack

Here

No Caption Provided

Korra's got far more reaction speed feats than him,

Yes she does.

but based on his few showings, the difference isn't large enough to be significant. Not to mention he practically replicated the showing you brought up:

Kuvira's laser mimics Unavaatu's laser in power and speed and all of Unavaatu's attacks were a vast upgrade from Vaatu's.

Here

No Caption Provided

I see Korra and Wan as quite close both in and out of the AS. I'd favor Korra in a fight, mainly because she's got so many more showings and far better versatility, but Wan's incredible firepower, mobility, and durability means that it's far from easy.

Never said it would be easy but she wins decisively based on feats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@mial42 said:

She already has that knowledge from when she used said moves. She didn't do anything too complex where one would think she can't do it again. What exactly isn't applicable? Air spouts? Fire Jets? Enhanced blasts? She has done all of that before and after fine save for the sealing sphere which she never needed. Again she doesn't need her S2 AS feats at all. Her later season feats are still much better than his. Absolutely disagree creating a sphere a four elements is nice but not sure how that will help here when she has him overpowered in every single element of that technique save for fire.

The elemental sphere is a pretty OP move, as Aang showed.

Having extremely powerful offense

What? Her water can deal with his fire just fine. Her fire could mitigate it as well.

She can deal with it sure, if she couldn't she'd lose. Doesn't change the fact that Wan's offense is stronger than any bender she's faced (except Amon).

you can rain down from the skies is an advantage.

If Korra can gather enough water than she could go to tremendous heights herself

Going spout against Wan would be a mistake, as it seriously limits her offense and defense options, and if she uses one of her highest spouts she'll have a hard time moving effectively with it. Not to mention, Wan could evaporate the spout with his power.

Here

No Caption Provided

It's not like they're just comparing elements, that would be pretty decisive in Korra's favor (Korra's Water>Wan's Fire>Korra's Fire>=Korra's Air>Wan's Air>=Korra's Earth>>Wan's Earth and Water).

Yes very much so.

It's the combination of traits Wan has (incredible speed, firepower, and durability) that allows him to go toe to toe with Korra.

Korra has pretty great speed herself, superior power, and just as good durability, and far more versatility.

Korra's in-combat travel speed is some of the best in the verse when she wants it to be (just look at her fight with Unalaq) but Wan's just on another level. Her power is superior in water, but she'll have a hard time even reaching him. Her durability, while decent, is nowhere near as good as Wan's. Seriously, just look at his fight with Vaatu. Versatility is what gives her the win.

They don't have to be as good as long as they strongly diminish his advantage. Her waterspout on it's own has shown pretty great heights. It's also his only advantage. His attacks don't have the power to stop hers. And if he just keeps flying around than she can just create a defense he can't get through whether with water or earth or both no need to chase someone who can only stay away.

They don't strongly diminish his advantage, for the reasons stated above, as they limit her offensive and defensive options considerably. He doesn't need to stop her attacks (although he can stop all but her most powerful) when he can just go above them. Since when does Korra (or anyone else for that matter) turtle up like that?

Wan was doing far better against Vaatu than Korra was (she couldn't even tag him, whereas he was dodging Vaatu's hits, tanking them, tagging Vaatu with fireblasts, and racing with him, all after suffering a serious beatdown before he got all four elements and while dying thanks to Raava).

Well first of all these fights broke down differently. Vaatu at the time of his fight with Wan was both unprepared and far too arrogant. With Korra he had 10,000 years in the tree of time to prepare and was far more serious not even bothering to gloat.

Second Korra is better in every way to her S2 self.

Third Wan's tactics of hit and run aren't going to work on Korra unlike Vaatu since he was a gigantic target who didn't have much methods to counter unlike her.

Fourth Korra has tanked the same attack

Sure, the ABC logic doesn't work. I'm just trying to show that Wan's good enough to compete, and Vaatu's their only mutual enemy. Korra tanked one of those attacks in the AS, whereas Wan tanked multiple, as well as several swats from Vaatu's tentacles, while dying, in base.

Here

No Caption Provided

Korra's got far more reaction speed feats than him,

Yes she does.

but based on his few showings, the difference isn't large enough to be significant. Not to mention he practically replicated the showing you brought up:

Kuvira's laser mimics Unavaatu's laser in power and speed and all of Unavaatu's attacks were a vast upgrade from Vaatu's.

Power-wise they're a huge upgrade, but they look the same in speed.

Here

No Caption Provided

Never said it would be easy but she wins decisively based on feats.

I think she wins a majority, but she'll have to be on her A game to even tag Wan, let alone hurt him, especially while defending from his (extremely powerful) attacks.