• 50 results
#1 Posted by Tohoma (1441 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

-Both are in their prime

-Fight will take place in an empty Republic City

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio

Wan wins. He showed much larger scale elemental control(He held that spirit in a massive elemental barrier. That spirit was larger than small mountains, as we shall the spirits fighting and could compare their size to their background. In the final battle, the evil spirit had grown much larger than previously.) and that his air barrier was pretty durable(The spirits were causing small mountains to crack in half and fall apart when they hit them.). He also took a lot of punishment, he was taking multiple attacks from the evil spirit and got back up.

#3 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9440 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar Aang why because he is the first avatar + countless others

#4 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: Avatar Wan still has better feats lol. I was assuming this was based on what they actually did since they're both avatars. Technically, they each have a connection with all avatars and are reincarnations of Wan. So, it would make sense to count only what they did when comparing Avatars.

#5 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103:

Isn't that like saying Avatar Korra=Aang+Wan+hundreds other Avatars.

#6 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9440 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't that the lore of the Avatar verse? as soon as they are fully realized they have all the powers and experience of their prior lives.

I could bee wrong but that is how I remember the lore to be

#7 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: Yes, but in the same way all previous Avatars are connected to the future avatars after death.

#8 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9440 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: Even so, when comparing 2 Avatars you should look at what they actually did rather than what they can do.

#10 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9440 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio

feats of avatar Wan?

#12 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio

@solon: Look at my first post on this thread

#13 Posted by solon (421 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Funsiized (3716 posts) - - Show Bio

Wan was a total monster.

#16 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm having a Korra marathon right now because I'm so behind, but I would assume Korra would be more powerful. Unless Wan is more in touch with the spirit world due to being the first Avatar, which might be true given that this book is called spirits.

#17 Posted by TheMagicStik (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Wan has a good showing but not significantly better than Aang vs Ozai, Aang in theory is all the past avatars plus him, so he wins.

#18 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: Korra is nowhere near Wan in terms of power. Wan is an absolute beast of a bender. This is Wan vs Aang btw.

#19 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Oh cr*p, I know it was Aang my fingers just decided to type Korra :P

Like I said I haven't seen it yet I'm on episode 5 at the moment, should be getting to him soon. But like I said the only reason I can think he would be better is if he is more connected to the spirit world, following in continuity logic Aang should obviously be a lot more powerful.

#20 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't that the lore of the Avatar verse? as soon as they are fully realized they have all the powers and experience of their prior lives.

I could bee wrong but that is how I remember the lore to be

Its partially correct. The best comparison to the past knowledge is a library. You have full access to the information at all times, but you can only remember what you read.

The only time this doesn't apply is when the avatar hasn't fully mastered the avatar state and it becomes a defense mechanism but the Avatar will remember nothing afterword.

#21 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10086 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

Wan's feats were pretty insane by Avatarverse standards, I think he takes this.

#24 Edited by homicidalmaniac (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

@themagicstik said:

Yeah Wan has a good showing but not significantly better than Aang vs Ozai, Aang in theory is all the past avatars plus him, so he wins.

I seen the episodes with Wan and Wan feats are more impressive than Aang.Korra came after Aang and so does that mean Korra beat Aang.

#25 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I really love Avatar Wan and I wish I see more of him

#26 Edited by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: I'm seriously wondering why they didn't do the legend of Wan instead of the Legend of Korra.

#27 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I think because that the creators didn't think up of making Wan yet

#28 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I think because that the creators didn't think up of making Wan yet

Well they should've goddamit!

Seriously Korra is rubbish compared to Wan, Aang, Roku, Kyoshi & Kuruk. She's only really better than Yangchen because we barely know her.

#29 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7662 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by StrictlyAnime (904 posts) - - Show Bio

Wan seems the have the highest durability of all Avatar characters, taking hits from that spirit was no laughing matter when you consider the fact that most Avatar characters have at base peak human endurance

Ontop of that Wan's scale of bending > Aang scale of bending

I would however like to see what Aang can do as an adult.

#32 Posted by XLR87T3 (2796 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang wins only due to having more feats.

#35 Edited by XLR87T3 (2796 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I hate the way Korra flipped out on Mako in the Police HQ, sent his desk full of paperwork flying and getting all up in his face (will piss any guy off), then when he ended their relationship Korra was like "Wait, your breaking up with me?!" and runs away crying. Freaking too much estrogen in that woman, and it was so cheap and predictable when she got washed up on that island and forgot her memory. AND THE AVATAR STATE? Oh man, she keeps spamming that thing like it's a weak power-up, losing all of its special value that Aang had with it. When Aang's eyes glowed, we all knew crap's about to go down! But when Korra gets in a lame fight and I see her eyes go white, I'm like this:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/tense.gif

Also, Asami is still sexy and Bolin is still ballin'! I mean he's so ripped! They should definitely hook up. I'm not saying that Korra is ugly, because she's actually really hot, but it's kind of like Kim Kardashian hotness.

#36 Posted by Jgames (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Wan, since aang is too soft.

#37 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

@rogueshadow: I hate the way Korra flipped out on Mako in the Police HQ, sent his desk full of paperwork flying and getting all up in his face (will piss any guy off), then when he ended their relationship Korra was like "Wait, your breaking up with me?!" and runs away crying. Freaking too much estrogen in that woman, and it was so cheap and predictable when she got washed up on that island and forgot her memory. AND THE AVATAR STATE? Oh man, she keeps spamming that thing like it's a weak power-up, losing all of its special value that Aang had with it. When Aang's eyes glowed, we all knew crap's about to go down! But when Korra gets in a lame fight and I see her eyes go white, I'm like this:

Also, Asami is still sexy and Bolin is still ballin'! I mean he's so ripped! They should definitely hook up. I'm not saying that Korra is ugly, because she's actually really hot, but it's kind of like Kim Kardashian hotness.

Seriously - Why the hell did she throw that desk? What in all that is holy did that accomplish, I'll never get over her bratty, childish ways, unless she's going on one hell of a story arc she is a failure of a protagonist. Definitely agree about the AS, not only is she weaker with it, but the overuse of it like a child with a new toy is frankly embarasing, it's not funny when she's using it to win races. I know I probably sound incredibly pathetic but it infuriates me every time she uses it for nothing, the importance of the AS in ATLA was paramount, it was literally the be all and end all, and she just gets an I win button from Aang.

Also, Aang is way too nice, the fate of the world was in danger and Roku wasn't giving that sh*t away. That's a massive plot hole. Yeah when Aang would look up, glowing tattoos and eyes, damn -

Yeah, Bolin & Asami [smoking hot] definitely need to hook up. That's just a fact. Period. It's also funny when there are so many tentacles grabbing Korra you know the Hentai community are going insane. But Korra is definitely hot too, but her annoying attitude cancels it out.

#38 Edited by The Stegman (24459 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like everyone is still on a Wan high from last night's episode and it's affecting their votes, lol. I'm assuming this is a child Aang, since adult Aang has almost no feats. I'll give it to Aang, his fight with Ozai to me, was just as impressive as Wan fighting Vaatu. And honestly, I think fully realized Aang could probably duplicate those feats, we never saw him really fight spirits cause he was so friendly with them.

#39 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like everyone is still on a Wan high from last night's episode and it's affecting their votes, lol. I'm assuming this is a child Aang, since adult Aang has almost no feats. I'll give it to Aang, his fight with Ozai to me, was just as impressive as Wan fighting Vaatu. And honestly, I think fully realized Aang could probably duplicate those feats, we never saw him really fight spirits cause he was so friendly with them.

Definitely possible :P

#40 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12206 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: Just think of it as child aang in adult aangs body for this fight...that's how I think of it.

#41 Posted by pooty (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by RogueShadow (10769 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: She's just... the worst... in so many ways it's difficult to articulate.

#43 Posted by patrat18 (9790 posts) - - Show Bio

This had to be done huh? Ang wins. He has all the knowledge of the previous avatars, plus his own skills.

#44 Posted by pooty (11187 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: She's just... the worst... in so many ways it's difficult to articulate.

I haven't watched in 3 weeks because I HATE her. but i will watch flashback episodes.

#45 Edited by Tohoma (1441 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised everyone hates Korra so much. The only thing I dislike about her is her relationship with Mako and how the show is glorifying him.

#46 Posted by homicidalmaniac (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

@tohoma: Yeah,this turn into a Korra hate thread,which might had been my fault.Sure,I have problems with Korra,but I enjoy her moments.

#47 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (4055 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one would felt like this special although good, could have been saved for another time, the reason I say this is because the special could have been turned into another series at least imo.

Anyway I'm going to say Aang wins not only does he have everything Wan has and more but he also has Wan's experience along with the other avatars, but he also has energy bending and potentially metal and blood bending

#48 Posted by TheMagicStik (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

@homicidalmaniac: Korra simply doesn't win because she lacks experience atm, once she is a complete master of all the elements and the avatar state then she can beat Aang.

#49 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10507 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Aang would take a majority.

#50 Posted by SirNeko (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

Grown up Aang curbstomps, the later avatar you are the stronger you are. In avatar state you can dash out the power of all previous avatars including Wan.

Not to mention Wan has no experience in fighting(just a tad bit), while Aang was trained by masters.