Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Avatar team: Aang, Korra, Unalaq, Ozai

Aang and Korra are both in the Avatar State. Sozin's Comet is out.

Korra can alternate between her giant blue form and regular Avatar State at will. Let's assume she still has her past lives for help in the Avatar State, though. Unalaq can alternate between his regular form, his Dark Avatar State, and his giant Dark Avatar State at will.

Marvel: Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Shadowland Daredevil, Storm, Polaris (Magneto's daughter)

Let's assume Daredevil can be defeated by Aang and Korra's energybending and Korra/Unalaq's spirit purification techniques.

Which team wins?

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Storm is the only one saving here. Evem so, The Avatar is extremely powerful. Going with Avatar team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frocharocha: What other characters could I add instead of the other three I have on the Marvel team? I was thinking Iron Man and War Machine but I don't know if that's too unfair.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they have any metal accessories on them?

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheMagicStik

Wow this is like the one Avatar scenario I've seen so far that I would put them as winning.

To be honest the Marvel team would have trouble with Sozin's Comet Ozai by himself, combo that with blood bending and two even stronger fire benders and it's a stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: I see what you're saying but let's stick to their feats and say none of them will bloodbend.

Also, what did you think of the Legend of Korra season finale?

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@frocharocha: What other characters could I add instead of the other three I have on the Marvel team? I was thinking Iron Man and War Machine but I don't know if that's too unfair.

As of now, Tony's little toys would provide no aid whatsoever. If I were you, I would add in Classic Thor and savage Hulk to even things up a bit.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: Whoops I confused Unalaq and Tarrlok.

The season finale of TLOK was pretty good tbh, besides the whole Mako-Police thing which was just really poorly written, Mako clearly has evidence against Varrick but they ignore him, then some random bs evidence is in Mako's house and they arrest him and put him in jail without any trial, then when they figure out Mako was telling the truth the whole time Beifong is like I knew all along he was a great detective. Also the break up with Korra and Mako was honestly the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. The over all plot was good but damn, those writers really slacked on the non-fantasy aspects of the show, I guess that's probably because it's a kid show but w/e.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: I think the Season finale of TLOK paled in comparison to TLA. Probably due to TLA having built all that lore and continuty, I felt the fight scene wasn't as amazing as it could have been.

On-topic: Hmmm...Where does this battle take place? depending on location is how useful Polaris is in this fight.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't get why people are creating all these threads with Huge Korra or Huge Unulaq because they have very little screen time to really judge anything.They're both on for about 10 minutes, not a great way to judge feats. Its entirely speculation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruthiii:

I appreciate the suggestions but I think Thor could solo easily and the Avatar would be hard pressed to put Thor down unless they managed to pull of BFR.

@themagicstik:

Yeah, I noticed that part about Mako too. Beifong was all like, "Mako, you idiot!" when he first suspected Varrick and then did a complete face heel turn. Their side-plots are really starting to suck. I also hated how Mako only used lightning once this season. What did you think about the Korra vs Unalaq/Vaatu fight?

@ironshinobi88:

I agree. The whole Kaiju Korra vs Giant Unalaq/Vaatu fight kinda betrayed the show's natural feel. I would've preferred a larger scale bending fight.

As far as this, battle, let's say it takes place in a forest. That way Polaris will have to use raw electromagnetic energy only. That is, if she can. By my own admission, I am not that familiar with the character.

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread just comes down to Storm and Polaris. It's not a stomp as people think it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: In case you didn't read the first post, I gave Unalaq and Korra the ability to use their regular Avatar States, so they aren't limited to just their giant feats anyway.

Also, I haven't been making a bunch of threads with Unalaq and Korra, nor do I plan to, so I certainly don't think that I should be lumped into a category with other posters who actually are doing so.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: In case you didn't read the first post, I gave Unalaq and Korra the ability to use their regular Avatar States, so they aren't limited to just their giant feats anyway.

Also, I haven't been making a bunch of threads with Unalaq and Korra, nor do I plan to, so I certainly don't think that I should be lumped into a category with other posters who actually are doing so.

I was under the impression that this was going to be both huge characters, my bad.

It wasn't just you, other people are creating giant avatar threads and overhyping what they can do when they didn't show much.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Oh, it's cool. I didn't mean to come off as hostile or anything. I also think it's dumb that people are making giant Korra/Unalaq threads. But you have to admit, Vaatu possessed Unalaq was pretty impressive. Did you see how he was hanging with Avatar State Korra before he ripped Raava out of her. The enhanced waterbending was pretty cool. I wish the final battle would've been more like that instead of that Godzilla-esque nonsense.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RetconCrisis

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: The fight was pretty cool but a lot of the things that happened during that episode are really being taken out of context on these forums.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juiceboks  Moderator

My knowledge on Polaris is very limited, though they'd have their hands full with Storm alone.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: Oh, it's cool. I didn't mean to come off as hostile or anything. I also think it's dumb that people are making giant Korra/Unalaq threads. But you have to admit, Vaatu possessed Unalaq was pretty impressive. Did you see how he was hanging with Avatar State Korra before he ripped Raava out of her. The enhanced waterbending was pretty cool. I wish the final battle would've been more like that instead of that Godzilla-esque nonsense.

I actually thought I was being hostile, lol.

I thought the fight scenes in the last 4 episodes were all awesome. Bolin vs 3 thugs, Tonraq vs Unulaq, Korra vs Unulaq, Mako and Bolin vs whoever, and the best of all Bumi!!!

No Caption Provided

This kind of Godzilla nonsense?

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sozin's Comet with Avatar state and blood bending you want the planet to be destroyed? Dark avatar too? Didn't he energy bend the entire planet?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik:

I agree. The Korra hype will probably hit a fever pitch this Friday when everyone else sees the episode, so I'm preparing to correct some misconceptions. However, with that episode, I think Unalaq's place as the strongest non-Avatar bender was been cemented.

@norrinboltagonprime21:

I liked them too, but I just thought when Korra became a huge blue spirit it was whack. I wanted Korra to fully unleash her bending on Unalaq/Vaatu. I didn't want there to be some sort of Godzilla battle where the two just pummel each other. Now, if they pummeled each other and bended the elements as well, then that would've been cool.

Also, has anyone noticed how the waterbenders have become even more threatening than they were in the original series? Waterbenders are definitely the most powerful kinds of benders besides the Avatars in my opinion. They have Noatak/Amon and Unalaq. I don't think even Ozai and Iroh can compete.

Sozin's Comet with Avatar state and blood bending you want the planet to be destroyed? Dark avatar too? Didn't he energy bend the entire planet?

No. I don't know where you heard that from or who's making it up, but nothing like that ever happened in the season finale. Avatar characters lack the kind of power needed to planet bust anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anal_vomit: Also, none of these characters have displayed the ability to bloodbend. Before anyone starts arguing technicalities let me state that we are going by feats only here.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: That's kinda why I preferred their fight before they went big, seeing them fight with an avatar boost was awesome! If I really wanted to see a giant monster fight, I could borrow my brother's Godzilla movies or watch pacific rim.

My guess to that is that they don't want fire benders to be the villain again to keep it different from ATLA where majority of the fire-benders were evil. A similar reason would be to keep the threats different so nothing feels repetitive. Ozai-wants to burn the world to the ground and become king of new world / Amon- wants to rid the world of bending and starts a revolution / Unulaq - wants to use spirits to gain more power. 3 very different villains with very different goals to keep from being repetitive.

What @anal_vomit is referring to is another thread which made this claim about Vaatu bending the earth. What actually happened was simply the harmonic convergence and that was the energy covering the planet as the fate of the world was decided.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21:

That's exactly how I felt about the giant fight. I think it's amazing how Unalaq could fight Korra's 4 elements through sheer mastery of his one. It just goes to show that she has a lot more improvement to do, and she'll need to seeing as her Avatar State might be all kinds of messed up now (unless Bryke pull another one of their infamous deus ex machinas.)

I see your point, but where can they go from here? They had Korra defeat the embodiment of everything evil in Avatar, although she didn't destroy him. What villain can top that?

Oh, so that's what he was talking about. Yeah, I saw that in another thread. Thanks for clearing that up.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@norrinboltagonprime21:

That's exactly how I felt about the giant fight. I think it's amazing how Unalaq could fight Korra's 4 elements through sheer mastery of his one. It just goes to show that she has a lot more improvement to do, and she'll need to seeing as her Avatar State might be all kinds of messed up now (unless Bryke pull another one of their infamous deus ex machinas.)

I see your point, but where can they go from here? They had Korra defeat the embodiment of everything evil in Avatar, although she didn't destroy him. What villain can top that?

Oh, so that's what he was talking about. Yeah, I saw that in another thread. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think this has alot to do with bending becoming more like boxing which is the main way korra attacks. Unulaq seems to more of a traditional bender like from ATLA which is why his bending seems to be stronger. Benders who fight like boxers just seem weaker overall like Bolin, but he did seem to get stronger toward the end of book 2.

I hope they fully explain what happened to the avatar state because I'm kinda bummed about all the avatar spirits dying.

Who knows? I guess some people thought they never could top what the fire nation did in ATLA but they seemed to. My guess is that they could have rogue spirits causing some trouble because not all spirits are good like Wan Shi Tong. Or Zhu Li decides to rebel against Varrick!!!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@shiryu: Interesting battle. I'm not familiar enough with Kaine or Shadowland DD but I am pretty knowledgeable about Polaris and very knowledgeable about Storm.

@themagicstik said:

Wow this is like the one Avatar scenario I've seen so far that I would put them as winning.

To be honest the Marvel team would have trouble with Sozin's Comet Ozai by himself, combo that with blood bending and two even stronger fire benders and it's a stomp.

I think you are overestimating Ozai and the avatar characters and underestimating Storm and Polaris.

Storm alone would murder Ozai, even with Sozin's comet boost his firebending, with very little difficulty. She flies faster than he does, can counter his lightning and flame, and has much more powerful attacks. She has multiple ways of beating him, and could simply trap him a tornado that removes the oxygen around him to snuff out his flame and simultaneously suffocate him.

Polaris would beat him too. She also has flight, her EM force field can counter his attacks, she can absorb lightning to a degree (certainly enough to handle Ozi's bolts IMO) and her EM blast would be enough to KO him.

Storm could beat avatar Unalaq or Korra solo, and I also think an argument can be made for her beating both of them together TBH. Her flight and agility would make her a harder target to hit, she has the overall greater attack range, she has more impressive air manipulation to counter their attacks (along with lightning), and her spamming down a barrage of numerous sky lightning bolts would be pretty impossible for them to anticipate or dodge and is powerful enough KO both of them (or kill if this is morals off).

I don't know if Polaris could beat both of them together but I think she could take either of them solo due to her flight and force field. Her and Storm together would easily win IMO, though as mentioned, I think Storm could solo them.

Only their giant spirit energy forms could be a real issue for the Marvel characters, but there is so little known about them it would kind of hard to debate.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God_of_Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how there are always flaws in the avatar series in regards to who can bend what, it makes it hard to do battles.

What I'm saying is, in theory, Aang and Korra should easily be able to metal and blood bend due to the fact they both have the combined powers of thousands of water and earth bends, but because they've never actually done it there's no feats so you can't use it in battles. The same issue rises with people saying Storm's air manipulation and lightning is significantly more powerful than the Avatars'. While going off feats only, this is indeed true, but looking at it logically both Aang and Korra have the combined knowledge and powers of thousands of air and fire bends so they should easily wreck Storm air/lightning wise. But again, because this is going off feats only I'm going to have to give this to team Marvel, simply because of Storm and Polaris.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I can see why there is that perception about the avatar, but I think this illustrates why feats are the requirement in Battles. I think this logic is based on pure speculation that hasn't been supported by what we have seen from the AVLAB or LoK show and makes some big assumptions with insufficient bases for them.

None of the avatars have ever encountered opponents with these power sets so I don't know why it would be assumed that the AS will somehow provide a technique or knowledge that will allow them to counter the ability of a weather manipulator (obvious difference between their capability with lightning vs a fire bender's lightning for instance). Let alone one that has proven to wield a greater level of raw power the avatars in the AS and strength of will to out-muscle other elementally powered opponents.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Roddy010

Storm solos. Polaris plays a significant part.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm solos. Take her out, and there's a fight.

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel solos daredevil alone

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't current Polaris crazy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: I really don't want to see traditional bending go away though... if it does, the future Avatars will never be able to beat their enemies. This new, boxing-style bending has proven majorly ineffective against skilled opponents (i.e. Amon, Unalaq)

I just can't understand why they would decide to have the biggest threat in the Avatar universe as the main antagonist of book 2. What were they thinking?

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: I really don't want to see traditional bending go away though... if it does, the future Avatars will never be able to beat their enemies. This new, boxing-style bending has proven majorly ineffective against skilled opponents (i.e. Amon, Unalaq)

I just can't understand why they would decide to have the biggest threat in the Avatar universe as the main antagonist of book 2. What were they thinking?

Exactly. They should of saved Vaatu and Unalaq for the last season of LOK.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna go with the avatar team here

- Pip

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Marvel

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By Rouflex

Marvelous

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

The new style of bending has only been shown to be used by citizens of Republic City, it doesn't mean the rest of the world has adopted the new style as well. Unulaq, Tonraq, and Tenzin all seem to be traditional benders so they aren't all gone. I think it has to do with the fact that Earth and Water could be limited in a city and everybody seems to be fans of pro bending so they adopt the new style as well.

There could still be a bigger threat in Book 3 and 4, who knows? I don't think the threat matters alot to the writers, they care more about creating a new and interesting story I think they are succeeding in that aspect.