Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Arcus1  Online

Team Wan: Wan (firebending only), Zuko, Azula, Korra (firebending only), Mako

Team Unalaq: Unalaq, Tonraq, Ming Hua, Desna and Eska

Wan, the first Avatar, and Unalaq, the Dark Avatar, have assembled their respective fire and water teams to do battle, who will win?

Korra and Wan only have fire bending. No Avatar States

Fight takes place in the Spirit World where Wan fought Vaatu. There are stone columns like where Aang first fought Combustion Man. Time is perpetual twilight. Starting distance is 25 feet

All fighters are in character but completely determined. Victory by ko or death

Which team will win?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Water is super effective against fire.

Jmarshmallow

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arcus1  Online

Jmarshmallow

It can be sometimes, and sometimes fire can be effective against water. Lightning's also pretty effective against water

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Wan more power 2 lighting users and at least 2 battle strategists.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sy8000  Online

Wan is severely lacking in feats to matter here and restricting Korra to firebending is pretty speculative on how it would affect her fighting style. Team 2 should win just fine.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arcus1  Online

Wan is severely lacking in feats to matter here and restricting Korra to firebending is pretty speculative on how it would affect her fighting style. Team 2 should win just fine.

Korra's fought with mainly firebending often enough. Wan might not have the most feats, but I'd hardly say he doesn't matter

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sy8000  Online

@arcus: she typically mixes other bending styles when fighting. I'd honestly say she uses air and earth bending better in combat than fire.

His feats are all completely sub par and I don't even see how he could beat someone like zhao honestly.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@arcus: she typically mixes other bending styles when fighting. I'd honestly say she uses air and earth bending better in combat than fire.

His feats are all completely sub par and I don't even see how he could beat someone like zhao honestly.

I know in Season 1 at least she's got a couple fights with just fire

Really? All completely subpar?

Redirecting fire blasts like no other firebender we've seen
Redirecting fire blasts like no other firebender we've seen
Shows some impressive raw power
Shows some impressive raw power
Easily making and sustaining a fire wall, only firebender with a comparable feat is Jeong Jeong
Easily making and sustaining a fire wall, only firebender with a comparable feat is Jeong Jeong
Again some impressive firepower
Again some impressive firepower

Just a few showings I wouldn't consider subpar

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sy8000  Online

@arcus: he didn't redirect like nothing we've ever seen, that was pretty standard redirection. Against inexperienced benders no less. The fire wall wasn't very big or powerful. Jeong Jeongs fire walls were way bigger than that. Hurting rava is a hard feat to gauge since ravas power level at the time is unclear. Hurting vaatu is also hard to quantify, and that was an older wan than the one in this battle.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@highaccuser:

Who else has redirected fire blasts like that, and when?

Yeah Jeong Jeong's were bigger, but considering he has just gotten firebending it's an impressive feat of raw skill

Doesn't negate the size of the blast

Again, doesn't negate the size of the blast. No, that's not an older Wan, we're using the most experienced version of Wan, that was just the picture I put. If I wanted to restrict Wan to a certain time for feats I would have made it clearer

EDIT: forgot I didn't put a picture. When I said firebending only I assumed people would know I meant that he could only use firebending but that all his firebending feats (non AS) were valid

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok, here are how i see the match ups:

korra vs unalaq: when restricted to only one element, i think this tips this fight to unalaq's favor. while not an outright win, i think he can over come korra pretty well.

Mako vs ming hua: We've seen how this song and dance goes. mako wins

Wan vs tonraq: Wan should be able to win. he was a very good firebender, plus he was trained by the dragons, so thats another boost to him. plus, with less water around tonraq like in his fight against unalaq, he wont be able to do some of his more impressive fight moves as easily (which limits him)

Zuko and azula vs desna and eska: im thinking that this is a pretty tough fight. desna and eska have shown to control an absurd amount of water, while at the same time zuko and azula are quick enough to dodge them and counter attack. this fight i see is a draw until other help comes in, most likely mako. this might be enough to tilt the fight in favor of zuko's team. While i dont think mako could do much to take desna and eska down, it is likely that he would draw their attention enough for azula to get a cheap shot or lighting in to take one of the twins out before the other follows suit.

Wan vs unalaq: close fight (though i think im leaning towards unalaq a little), but i think wan can hold out long enough for zuko and azula to come in and help him win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arcus1  Online

@knightofzero:

To be fair, Mako only beat Ming Hua under specific circumstances, and she wrecked him in their first fight

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team fire, although only due to Azula and Zuko being MVP.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arcus said:

@knightofzero:

To be fair, Mako only beat Ming Hua under specific circumstances, and she wrecked him in their first fight

Also under specific circumstances.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Koays  Online

Team Wan more power 2 lighting users and at least 2 battle strategists.

yup.

I also think there's a agility edge.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arcus1  Online
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arcus1  Online
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Koays  Online

@arcus: Yea but even if we go with that I think I'd name everyone on team 1 before I'd name someone else on her team in a agility listing

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arcus1  Online

@koays: agility's not the only factor in a fight

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koays  Online

@arcus: Yea but like I said...Mako doesn't have much in the way of offense here. Tonraq's got a good amount of water so he doesn't need to move really and his defense is going to make most of Mako's fire attacks ineffective (because its Mako). Tonraq is going to be pulling out waves and whips here so really Mako's only choice is to run wait for an opening and hit with lighting and I just think he's fast enough to avoid a good amount of Tonraqs potential offense and smart enough to see the only plan here.

schleck33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By schleck33

Team Wan

Avatar Wan vs Unalaq- Just keep him busy.

Zuko vs Tonraq- Could be fairly even, but Zuko has some agility. If Mako and Azula send him some lightning it could be fairly easy.

Mako vs Ming Hua- Just keep her pinned down.

Korra and Azula vs Eska an Desna- Hopefully a quick fight, changing the fight to 5 vs 3.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By johnfrank120

Team 2

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Arcus1  Online
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Koays  Online

@arcus: Yea wow.... ignore that totally on the wrong fight here. Lol

But Yea the other reasons apply as well. Azula and Mako are better strategists. It just seems like they'd have an edge going in With lightning an power

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Arcus1  Online

@koays: hahaha I didn't even notice, lol

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Unalaq is definitely the most powerful bender and could take anyone else 1v1, Ming Hua could take Korra quite quickly as she is extremely agile and Korra, fire bending only, is probably the weak link for team 1. Desna and Eska could take Zuko and Mako, Tonraq can deal with Azula long enough until someone comes to help him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I feel Azula could take out Ming hua without PIS aside, it'd be a good fight, i just feel she'd be the victor when it came down to it, i believe zuko and wan can take the bros on, especially korra's dad he was good, just imo wasn't good enough to be up there. Mako and korra will struggle with the twins, BUT should come out on top if we are using their standard version and such. The main reason why they win though is FINALLY the battle does not take place in a winterish area, it takes place with a more rocky area that benefits none, but harms the water bender due to the lack of water there, its there, just not as much as it would be if u used other areas.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arcus1  Online
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arcus1  Online

@killerwasp:

Unalaq had enough water there to beat Mako and Bolin, it's not the poles but there's a good amount of water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: between the other four? also that was second season mako and bolin as well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Arcus1  Online

@killerwasp: yeah, but he was controlling a good amount of water, there's quite a few streams running through there

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jmarshmallow

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Arcus1  Online
Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Wan in a hard fight due to the advantages of lightning, better strategists on the team and damage output.

Signed,

L. D.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Arcus1  Online

bump

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Imo water has always seemed more effective against fire, and that water benders in general seemed more effective than the fire benders.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Arcus1  Online

@aressword: to be fair, the Fire Nation was able to capture all the waterbenders in the South, so I don't think it's as simple as water > fire. Lightning could be a factor

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: This is true, but to also be fair they never actually captured the Southern Water tribe fleet, and only took basically the peasants of the southern Water tribe. The Northern water tribe was fine, other than having to deal with a BIG navy from the Fire nation.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@aressword: just pointing out that firebenders could beat waterbenders in their home environment

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aressword

@arcus: Oh yeah of course, But during the day time the fire benders id have the advantage from the son. Fire nation would lose during the night time. Also that was a massive invasion fleet as well.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@arcus said:

@aressword: to be fair, the Fire Nation was able to capture all the waterbenders in the South, so I don't think it's as simple as water > fire. Lightning could be a factor

I never really understood that. The fire benders should not have been able to defeat the water benders as easily as they did, especially on their own turf. Yes, the fire nation did have the numbers, but the water benders had such a huge advantage, being accustomed to the the freezing cold conditions, and having virtually a unlimited supply of water. In addition, the freezing cold conditions would have weakened fire bending.

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: Technically speaking the fire nation struggled to a point, and for 100 years, for at least the northern water tribe to be alive i'd say thats pretty good.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: Korra is a stronger firebender than Zuko in terms of raw power.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Arcus1  Online

@arcus said:

I never really understood that. The fire benders should not have been able to defeat the water benders as easily as they did, especially on their own turf. Yes, the fire nation did have the numbers, but the water benders had such a huge advantage, being accustomed to the the freezing cold conditions, and having virtually a unlimited supply of water. In addition, the freezing cold conditions would have weakened fire bending.

probably helps that the fire nation was far more militarized and combat trained

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: That is true, however if the water benders could of matched the fire nation in terms of training at least, they would of won with far less deaths for them imo.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Arcus1  Online

Bump

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers