wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wbr17

Teams

@lunacyde: Toph, Amon, Nyla, P'Li, Suki and Jeong Jeong.

@wbr17: Lin, Ming-Hua, Appa, Azula, Mai and Yakone

- In character, Morals on but characters are willing to help their teams and defeat the opponents.

- All characters in their prime (best form in the show).

- Both teams have 1 day prep to create/pick gear, know the battlefield and/or try to modify the battlefield. prep day can start wherever is plausible for your team.

- Characters starts with the gears they are wearing, bringing with them.

- Teams have basic knowledge about each other.

Blood Bending Rules

- At anytime can throw away the aim of your opponent, but only for those that are aiming specifically on the blood bender

- Grapples will last 2 sec maximum to hurt, immobilize, throw. It'll take 5 sec to be able to do it again. You can use in one enemy at time

- You can't KO by blood bending

- Those rules are limited to other players characters only. Do not apply against other characters on the battlefield.

Battlefield

The fight takes place on Pro-Bending Arena during Lunar Eclipse.

- @lunacyde starts in red corner and @wbr17 starts in blue corner

- The fight can be taken outside of the arena.

- Lunar eclipse will happen in 5 minutes and will last for 8 minutes.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Victory by KO, Incapacitation, BFR and Death.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of curiosity are you limited to the actual bending platform or can you go into the rest of the Arena? I realize it's not my fight I was just curious. Between the arena and the eclipse this will be very interesting

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3 Lunacyde  Moderator

@arcus said:

Just out of curiosity are you limited to the actual bending platform or can you go into the rest of the Arena? I realize it's not my fight I was just curious. Between the arena and the eclipse this will be very interesting

^This. What are the boundaries?

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wbr17

I mentioned above. It can go everywhere in the building, including the outside.There are two pictures if you can't see. One is the plataform and the other is the building.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda want to debate for this one, but I can't...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lunacyde  Moderator

My apologies for not being active over the past few days.

Let's get this debate rolling.

Prep:

Amon is a strong player on my team for prep in this situation. As he staged an attack at the bending arena it would only make sense that someone of his meticulous tactical mind would know the area very well. Using his resources as a leader of the Equalists he could provide some useful weaponry for Suki to utilize including an electrified glove, electrified Kali sticks, and electrified bolas. She would use the prep-time to better acquaint herself with the new gear, but she is a very skilled and adaptive fighter so she should have no problem utilizing the weapons. The rest of my team would take the time to learn about their opponents, and work on their teamwork.

Upon the starting bell Jeong Jeong will create a wall of fire just big enough that you cannot get around it to push your team off the platform. Toph will use metalbending to launch herself and Nyla off of the platform and backwards across the water and into the stands. Suki will use her agility to race down to the lowest platform, next to the water. Amon will be tasked with merely shadowing his father and the second Yakone tries to bloodbend Amon will counter-bloodbend him. If anyone tries to fly or swing to safety as they are being pushed off P'Li will blast them out of the air.

This means that either A.) Most of your team falls into the water where they are swiftly electrocuted by Suki. B.) Some of your team tries to fly/swing to safety and are picked off by P'Li using her combustion blasts and Suki using electrified bolas. They then fall into the water and are swiftly electrocuted further by Suki.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lunacyde  Moderator

@arcus said:

Thanks. i didn't notice I didn't tag it!.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: No problem, I'm interested in this one!

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus thanks for tagging me.

@lunacyde Sorry, I was busy. And I want to apologize for my bad english. It's not my country idiom.

Lol we thought in the same strategy

Prep time

Azula, Lin and Yakone are good strategist in their own. Lin has as much knowledge of this building than Amom. During prep time they will scout the area to know it and to search for possible bombs that you could have planted. Appa will wear his armor and carry two water barrels and two metal cable reels. Ming-Hua will bring sleeping darts for Mai. Also my team gonna open a hole in the ceiling, big enough for Appa pass.

Battle

I also planned to electrocute you in the water lol So i guess the debate is who can do it faster.

At the beginning of the battle Appa will just air blast your team out of the platform to the water beneath, he can do it in a angle that will make everybody go down. He has done that against a swarm of bazzard wasp, and against an armadillo bear with easy, so he can replicate it with all of your team. He could also rush your team and drag them all to water by sheer force. Both ways are faster than the motion Jeong-Jeong has to do to raise his wall. Anyone that could possible scape Appa's attack (but they can't) would be picked by Mai's lethal projectiles, Lin's metal cable.

Once your team hit the water Azula uses lightning to electrocute them all at once.

I think your team won't have the time to put your plan in practice Appa will attack faster than they can react. But I want to make some notes.

• I don't remember Toph propelling anything as big and as than Nyla. I don't know if she can or can do it with precision.
  • My team has much more mobility than yours. We can fly in Appa but also Lin, Ming-Hua, Azula and Mai are agile enough to avoid your attacks, P'li explosions and don't drop in water. Lin can grab them like she did with Korra, Ming-Hua can replicate that as well, Azula can propel herself with her fire and Mai has great jump power, that will be enough to avoid water.

For what I can see my team has more chance to accomplish our goal them yours.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lunacyde  Moderator

@wbr17:

1. No, Appa (a ten ton flying bison) is not faster than Jeong Jeong. Jeong Jeong can put a wall up with a single gesture, in seconds. It took longer when he blockaded Zhao's ships because that wall was 20x bigger than this one would have to be. That wall was significantly taller than the treetops and spanned the entire river. He showed when they retook Ba Sing Se that he can create smaller walls nearly instantly and with a mere gesture. So you are telling me Appa is going to slap his tail or better yet move 30 feet before Jeong Jeong can move his arm? it's not going to happen.

2. Even if Appa was faster than Jeong Jeong (which he isn't) he is certainly not faster than P'Li who could one-shot him before he got anywhere near my team, or ever got an air blast off.

3. Appa has NEVER shown the ability to move faster than the members of my team could react. Explain to me where Appa has ever demonstrated the speed to effectively speed blitz my team....he never, ever has.

4. No, that is not enough to avoid the water. P'Li will shoot them out of the air. They are sitting ducks in the air, and the power of her combustion beams is more than enough to KO any of them. It doesn't matter how far they can jump or swing or fly, they can't defend themselves in the air.

5. Toph is one of the two most powerful Earthbenders in the world at the time and invented the art of metalbending. She went on to be the most prolific and revered metalbender of all time up to Korra's time. There's no reason to believe she couldn't launch herself and Nyla such a short distance. using Earthbending she has launched herself and others far greater distances, and she has shown a great amount of power with her metalbending. Such a feat should be of little difficulty to her.

6. Mai has never jumped anywhere near the distance it would take to get from the platform to the stands.

7. Lin grabbing people to save them just means she can't defend herself. Same with Azula using jet propulsion, she needs to use all of her limbs to stabilize flight so she is wide open to attack.

8. You haven't actually given one point as to how you counter the fire wall.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: lol so much assumptions and underestimating.

Appa

Actually every time that Appa attacks nobody has ever reacted in time to avoid it, you can see it plenty of time against different enemies (the deserter, lake laogai, Appa's lost days, the swamp, comics). You are the one that need to show the contrary. And Appa can airbend using his mouth, no need to move.

Nobody here will one shot him. He is very durable and has his armor on that tanked some fire attacks.

Fire wall

No, Jeong-Jeong has never shown to be able to create a fire wall with a mere gesture except while enhanced by Sozin Comet but that's not the case, so he will take a lot of time doing stances and hand gesture to put in up until you can prove it wrong. Also it's not my team will be sitting there watching, Mai can throw a really fast and accurate flurry of projectiles that will force your team to defend and Jeong-Jeong to stop his motion. In "the rift" comics we see that metal projectiles can pass through fire as well, so Jeong-jeong can easily be killed while trying to raise his wall.

Zhao could easily pass through Jeong-Jeong wall, Azula can do that with easy so it won't even bother my team if they don't want to move.

Appa could just pass through your wall like it was nothing and surprise attack everybody, scaring them all because that's the reaction of people when Appa attacks.

P'Li

P'Li won't have visual if by some miracle Jeong-Jeong could raise his wall because the wall would block her view so my team would have cover to move without problem. Everybody can ride on Appa or the ones that can't get away by themselves can be helped by Ming-Hua and Lin.

Lin has evaded Zaheer attack so she can do it with P'li's as she has already done. It's not that hard to evade P'Li's attacks, it has a trace and little explosions that give away where and when it'll explode.

Toph

Yes, Toph has propelled with earth before but metal is way different. There is nothing to back your assumption, so I soon as she tries nothing will happen or both will hit the water.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lunacyde  Moderator

@wbr17 said:

@lunacyde: lol so much assumptions and underestimating.

Appa

Actually every time that Appa attacks nobody has ever reacted in time to avoid it, you can see it plenty of time against different enemies (the deserter, lake laogai, Appa's lost days, the swamp, comics). You are the one that need to show the contrary. And Appa can airbend using his mouth, no need to move.

Nobody here will one shot him. He is very durable and has his armor on that tanked some fire attacks.

Fire wall

No, Jeong-Jeong has never shown to be able to create a fire wall with a mere gesture except while enhanced by Sozin Comet but that's not the case, so he will take a lot of time doing stances and hand gesture to put in up until you can prove it wrong. Also it's not my team will be sitting there watching, Mai can throw a really fast and accurate flurry of projectiles that will force your team to defend and Jeong-Jeong to stop his motion. In "the rift" comics we see that metal projectiles can pass through fire as well, so Jeong-jeong can easily be killed while trying to raise his wall.

Zhao could easily pass through Jeong-Jeong wall, Azula can do that with easy so it won't even bother my team if they don't want to move.

Appa could just pass through your wall like it was nothing and surprise attack everybody, scaring them all because that's the reaction of people when Appa attacks.

P'Li

P'Li won't have visual if by some miracle Jeong-Jeong could raise his wall because the wall would block her view so my team would have cover to move without problem. Everybody can ride on Appa or the ones that can't get away by themselves can be helped by Ming-Hua and Lin.

Lin has evaded Zaheer attack so she can do it with P'li's as she has already done. It's not that hard to evade P'Li's attacks, it has a trace and little explosions that give away where and when it'll explode.

Toph

Yes, Toph has propelled with earth before but metal is way different. There is nothing to back your assumption, so I soon as she tries nothing will happen or both will hit the water.

P'Li one-shotted Druk, a dragon with a size advantage over Appa. She could do the same to Appa, he has never gotten a direct hit anywhere near as powerful as her combustion attack. To say he could tank her blast is not supported by any sort of facts.

Sozin's Comet has only ever been alluded to as amping firebenders POWER. It's not a question of power, but of technique. The only reason his fire wall took so long to put up in "The Deserter" is because of it's sheer size. That particular wall was bigger than anything demonstrated by any other firebender short of during Sozin's comet, and was even bigger than most of the Sozin's comet amped firebending. When he made the massive flame ball that took a mere gesture. Furthermore it took less than 2 seconds for him to raise that entire fire wall. If Appa rushes my team he is getting blown down by P'Li, and then the wall raises as planned. (And this is if it takes him the same amount of time to raise a wall that is a FRACTION of the size of the original wall, which is just illogical).

Not all fire is equal. Jeong Jeong has shown that his fire walls have the properties of a solid construct. He used his fire to blockade ships and push around tanks. My team also will not be standing around, they will be defending themselves and their teammates. Even characters like Sokka and Katara who typically are not the fastest characters have blocked Mai's projectiles or other arrows.

Zhao was able to go through Jeong Jeong's wall because Jeong Jeong had completed his purpose in blockading the ships from passing. Furthermore he was only able to open enough of the wall for himself to pass through, and it was only open while he passed through it. Azula can pass through the fire wall, but the rest of your team can't. Where are you getting the idea that Appa can pass through my wall when ships and tanks could not?

That's even better, if everyone is in Appa when I one-shot him that's multiple birds with one stone.

You're right, so many people have evaded P'Li's attacks, and it's not like they have explosive force or anyhting and effect a wide area.

How is metal different? She is the greatest metalbender of all time and you are saying she can't do something simple like catapault herself with metal? It's a basic skill, and she is a master. Moreover we see her blast several metal doors off their hinges with enough force that they ricocheted around and flew several meters, if she had the ability to hit things hard enough with metalbending, why wouldn't she have the ability to use the metal itself to propel her? But just for giggles, assuming she couldn't do it (and I haven't agreed that she couldn't), she would know this and have implemented a different tactic creating a hole in the platform and dropping down to assist Suki, with Nyla following.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@wbr17: You forget about your own tournament?

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: No, I didn't. I'll post here tomorrow, I guess.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sozin comet

During Sozin Comet Iroh created a fire circle just by breathing and later with little motion of his arm he transformed this fire in a fireball floating in front of him. He never showed this technique/ability before. So, I have a reason to think that Sozin Comet also affect skills, maybe the amp is so great that some impossible techniques can be done because the bender is extremely more powerful.

Fire wall

Jeong-Jeong created the wall in "The deserter" but the boats stopped before they hit it, so we can't say that it would block them, it could easily only put them on fire. The only time that it moves tanks is during Sozin Comet. I still don't think that he can put a wall that easily as you assume, but let pretend he can, there is no way we can know how large and tall it would be, it's plausible that with the motion of his hands it would create something as large and tall as a human being, no fire bender has ever created so big wall as you want with a single gesture. Azula has blocked a wave made by Katara, but that take more time and movement that what you are implying. Zhao passed through because he fire bended, as Azula can do it too if she wants.

P'Li

Kai took a direct hit from her and didn't die. Tenzin took an indirect one and continued to fight. Druk has no feats, we don't know how durable he is.

Toph

Ok, she invented the metal-bending but we can't give her all feats of metal-bending because of that. Also, "earth jumping" is different from "metal jumping", with earth your jump goes high depending on the amount of earth you dislocate in the form of a column, with metal it depends on the material "flexibility". Toph can be a great bender but the material is a limitation to her. Again, no feats to back that claim and you are assuming that Nyla and her can jump a considerable distance.

Appa

You still fail to point out how your team can react fast enough to avoid Appa when nobody has done that before. Appa is more durable than anything that P'Li has ever shot. He is using his armor that blocked multiple fire attacks without problem. It's difficult to hit Appa. Azula can block P'li as Zuko blocked CM.

Mai

Sure some have blocked her projectiles but also she hit, pinned, disarmed several fire nation soldier, earth kingdom soldier, Kyoshi warriors, fire nation separatists (comics "rebound"), Katara as well. The thing is that she can hit multiple targets with a really fast attack, this will force your team to take a defensive stance. She can hit Jeong-Jeong faster than he can raise his wall, so he continues the motion he will die, also, P'li doesn't have a defensive movement and has little to no reflex feat, and she can't shoot while in movement and she will need to move to avoid Mai attack. So, with Mai attack we'll have the window to Appa blast you all out of the platform.

Azula can use her lightening as well. In the comics "The search" she uses it as fast as Mako. That is one more thing that your team will need to be concerned with.

I think that a made clear that my team has more chance to attack you first but i'll leave it to the voters. I'll assume that your plan worked and show its flaws.

Your Plan

So there is this fire wall coming at me, Jeong-Jeong, P'Li and Amom are behind it. Nyla and Toph are way behind in the stands. Suki is alone in the lower level of the platform.

My team is behind the wall hide from your team because the firewall blocks their sight. So we jump on Appa and fly low to avoid your attacks and try a sneak attack. As soon we do that we spot Suki by herself. My team can easily take her in inumerous forms but the easiest one is Yakone bloodbends her throwing Suki in the water, Azula follows electrocuting her. One less, five more to go. No other member of your team can see it happening.

Now, moving on. Ming-Hua and Lin can go spiderman in the middle platform, below your team, they can cover that distance very fast. While they do that the others still on Appa. Now there will be another coordinated attack. Appa appears flying while Mai and Azula shoot drawing the attention, and from nowhere (or anywhere: side, behind, top) Ming-Hua and Lin appear. Ming-Hua can kill P'li with her tendrils that pierce steel, freeze her head like Katara did to Cm or slap her out of the platform, we know how fast is Ming-Hua when she get her momentum, so there is no way to P'li avoid it. Lin metal cables will restrain Jeong-Jeong in a way that he won't even see it coming, without his arms he can't do anything, so Lin can drop him on water or let him useless on the ground. Once one of them hit the water Azula electrocutes. Yakone will be there to block Amon, Yakone is a stronger bender that Amon, also we saw that a much weaker bender (Tarrlok) slow down Amon with his bending, so at least it's what will happen giving enough time to Mai projectile hit him and kill. Toph and Nyle can't do anything, they are to distant and Toph can't see anything.

At last we are going for the stands, 6 vs 2. Appa alone can take down Nyla as he has done before while the other can gang on Toph. She is good but not that good. Or Yakone can easily blood bend her and we kill her before we take Nyla.

@lunacyde That's it. In any case the fight will take less than 5 minutes.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@wbr17:

Sozin's Comet -

Yes, Iroh never showed this ability at all before. It was something that he needed the comet amp in order to perform. However, Jeong Jeong created a wall of fire without the comet amp, and it was a massive one that was quite frankly larger than the ones he created during Sozin's Comet. Jeong Jeong has the ability to create very controlled and large walls of fire with or without the comet amp. Now it only stands to reason that a smaller wall would take less time and technique to raise than one that is 10x bigger.

Fire Wall -

The boats stopped before they hit it because they knew they couldn't get through it. The fire wall has the ability to block physical objects. Don't act like that is the first time fire in Avatar has had the ability to act as a solid or block solid things. Quite frankly it is just a large and more powerful version of the fire sphere shield Azula used in "The Chase" to block everyone's simultaneous attacks at her. Why wouldn't he be able to put up a wall as easily as I assume? He has done it before. Watch, in "The Deserter" it takes him TWO SECONDS to raise a fire wall that crosses the entire river, is much taller than the trees, and dwarfs Zhao's ships. You can watch the Youtube clip and time it, he makes two movements, each takes less than a second to perform and the wall is raised. It only makes sense that Jeong Jeong creating a wall 1/10th the size of that wall would not require as much movement or time. Then there is the fact that he made that massive fire sphere instantly, and even that would be large enough to block your team from attacking mine. I already agreed that Azula could pass through the wall if she wanted to, but she can't bring anyone with her.

P'Li -

Kai used an air shield and was still KO'd. Tenzin used an air coccoon and was blown sideways into a wall with force and was so injured he could no longer fight. Druk is a freaking dragon, we know he is more durable than anyone on your team due to his dragon physiology.

Toph -

She is considered the greatest metalbender of all time. Bolin says this when he is talking about Toph being his hero and Opal suggests he learn from her mother because Toph taught her. This implies that basically everything Suyin can do was taught to her by Toph. Sokka said in A flashback in SEason 1 of LoK that Toph single-handedly developed the skill of metalbending. I have given examples of Toph imparting at least enough energy into metal that it should have no problem propelling someone her size over the water. Regardless it's not important because there are so many other options available to her. If she wanted to she could stand on one of the Earth disc dispensers and use earthbending to propel herself, or she could just make an earth bridge from the stone on the other side of the arena. Or she could head below like I said earlier and join Suki on the bottom platform which she could also use to earth bending propel herself over the water if she wanted. The opportunities are endless.

Appa -

Nobody has reacted to Appa before? I wonder how he got caught by sandbenders then, or how he got paralyzed by Nyla if he is so quick and fast. I wonder how he got injured by a Boarqupine. I wonder how he got captured by Long Feng, or the Swampbenders. Please, it's ridiculous to suggest Appa is too fast for people that react to things like lightning and arrows. He has been tagged and reacted to by characters far inferior to the ones that make up my team. When has a main character been hit by Appa's attacks? Not very often, and if it happens it is because they aren't paying attention to him and get cheap shotted. He typically fights other animals or fodder. His armor blocking fire attacks from Fire Nation Fodder doesn't mean he can take a blast that one-shotted a dragon, blew armored police vehicles to bits and vaporizes boulders. Azula can block P'Li from blowing her up, but she can't protect something Appa's size. Appa is hard to hit? Really, a ten-ton flying bison is a hard target?

Mai -

You know what almost every person Mai has pinned had in common? They were no-name fodder. Her only feat against a decent fighter I can recall is pinning Katara to a tree. Sokka, who has worse reflexes than anyone on my team blocked her projectiles. Toph has blocked them twice. No one on my team is threatened by Mai. Heck, her weapons will be completely useless as they are made of metal and Toph is a metalbender, she can block all of Mai's projectiles with ease from a distance. Before you say Toph can't remote metalbend she did in the Airship during Sozin's Comet, and she did again in flashbacks during LoK, and her main tool as a Republic City Policewoman was the cable reel which requires remote metalbending. She can also pull up the metal floor to the stage to block attacks on her teammates, and Amon can throw off Mai and Azula's aim making them completely inneffective against him at least.

The Plan -

You are going to fly low? Where? There are only a set amount of directions you can go, and P'Li can bend her shots around the wall to attack you. You can go up, you can go left, you can go right. No matter where you go P'Li can blow you out of the sky. By all getting into Appa you are making my job easier. All I have to do is tag Appa and you're all going into the water.

The moment Yakone uses bloodbending, Amon will bloodbend him back pulling him into the air and towards us where P'Li can one-shot him like a sitting duck. Suki for Yakone? That is a trade I will make any day. From that point on you have absolutely no defense against my bloodbending. I will systematically defend and then pick off your team one-by one with bloodbending and combustion blasts. End game.

You also have to compete with the fact that Toph will be throwing boulders at Appa. Don't even try to argue that she can't see him because he's flying. She can sense the metal armor that is covering his body. So while you are thinking Toph is a non-factor like you clearly did since you completely disregarded her in your analysis explicitly stating she won't be able to attack you. Big mistake. While you completely ignore her she's going to knock you out of the air with a boulder. Congratulations you completely killed yourself by underestimating my character.

Yakone is not stronger than Amon. There isn't a single shred of proof to support that claim. Yakone has never resisted another's bloodbending, Amon has. Yakone has never used bloodbending to take away a bender's ability to bend, Amon has. Yakone has never demonstrated Master level waterbending, Amon has. Amon mastered his father's technique at 14 years old, and then went on to further his bloodbending to the point he can remove someone's bending with it. I repeat Yakone has zero feats putting him above Amon. His only impressive feat feat was bloodbending multiple targets, and this is something Amon and Tarrlok have both been able to do, and with more precision Where Yakone merely froze everyone or contorted them Amon has been shown able to control thier movements precisely. Tarrlok, the weakest of them was able to bloodbend 6 wolves with ease, multiple equalists, team avatar, etc. Amon never had the opportunity to bend a full room of people due to story and the fact he was hiding his abilities, but everything suggests that he could, and that he is supposed to be the strongest bloodbender in the series.

There are so many points where your team fails, it would never get that far in. I have already explained why what you propose would not work. You wouldn't even get past P'Li or Toph knocking you out of the air, and taking your whole team down in one fell swoop. You admitted that you would completely disregard one of the most dangerous benders on my team, and that means you won't see it coming when she grounds you. You haven't given one explanation how you would be flying around in a big old target and not get blasted with a combustion attack. I'm confident the voters will see how ridiculous your argument is.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Fire wall

Still no proof of how easy, fast and big it would be. Just your wishful thinking.

Mai

She also has wooden projectiles. And Toph never reacted against he that close. Again, she will put your team on defense, defense that P'li doesn't have. It'll give room for the other attack. Plus her combo with Yakone is deadly.

P'Li

There is no evidence that Druk is more durable than Appa. And Appa is way more durable than Kay air shielded or not and Tenzin together. P'Li shots aren't that impressive, isn't undodgeable, isn't that strong. Every shot shows first where it'll hit and when. Suyin metal plates blocked with easy. She only bends her shots when the enemy is behind something and isn't that accurate.

Toph

I agree that she can't do that with metal but earth ok. But she won't be able to do that with Nyla. Unless she does that earth bridge but that will take more time and focus letting her vulnerable.

Appa

Sandbenders, Swampbenders, Feng Long, Nyla hit him but in all those time he wasn't fighting/attacking. Boarqupine attacked from behind an exhausted Appa that handled it with little effort. What I said is that once he attacks nobody has ever blocked/reacted to him. That's the case here, he is attacking. And yes, Appa is very hard to hit, he isn't just a 10 ton bison he is also a air bender. He has feats that shows him flying with easy under heavy fire, he is faster than airships. Also, nobody blocked or evaded his air attacks , they are powerful and are very large.

Yakone x Amon

Noatak never finished his training with Yakone. Yes, Amom can mess with the aim, he can take away there bending that's pretty impressive but that is skill, not sheer force/power. Amom is nowhere near Yakone level in that department. Yakone has bloodbended an entire court room, including Toph and Avatar Aang, while he was bending everybody he made Toph pick a key and open his handcuff. Amom has just bended two human at once at the most. While Yakone use his bloodbend everyday, Amom hided it. Amom need much time to became a master chi blocker, to learn the flow of the chakra so he could invent the bending blocking technique, while Yakone for years used his bloodbending everyday. Also, Mako and Korra resisted/broke free Amom bending, while the only person to resist Yakone was Avatar Aang in Avatar state. I don't need to say anything more to show that Yakone is more powerful.

As I see, Noatak could be a stronger bender than Yakone but he never reached his potential, so Amom isn't in the same league as Yakone.

The plan

Just look the picture. We starts at the top. We can fly low, near the water. You already said that Suki can go to the lower levels, I don't understand your surprise. But I understand your team surprise once they are expecting us to appear in other places. But thinking on it, your surprise just makes my point more valid.

I already knew that you would say that Amom would bloodbend Yakone. I'm glad that you gave away Suki, so one less for me to worry. To bad for you that if Amom bend Yakone ( well, that if he can see what is happening, once the fire wall is blocking your vision), there are Lin and Ming-Hua that can catch him on the air, so he won't drop on the water.

Yeah, Toph can sense his armor I guess, i forgot that. But what make you think that Appa can't evade her attacks? He has dodged plenty of earth attacks before, multiples attacks at the same time, much more projectiles that Toph can throw by her own. Also there is Azula that can destroy them. And seriously, now you are implying that Toph will hit a flying moving target that is in the opposite side of the arena.

Now, you still has no defense against Lin and Ming-Hua surprise attack. So, as I said before, while your team is worried about Appa, Azula and Mai, Appa evades your attacks, Mai and Azula put you in defense, Ming-Hua and Lin sneaky attack really fast. My team won't need much time for that.

Later we go for Toph as said in the later post.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@wbr17

Fire Wall

You disregarding my evidence does not make it any less valid. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean it isn't still there. However since you seem to have a hard time comprehending my point I will make it easier with a nice shiny video you can watch.

This video shows that all the things you just said are incorrect, and illustrates how you are trying to be misleading.

Loading Video...

a.) How easy it is. In the video we see Jeong Jeong create a MASSIVE fire wall with no sign of effort. No grunting, noises, heavy breathing, visible strain, nothing. With zero signs of difficulty he makes a wall that extends beyond the treetops 80+ feet, and crosses the entire river, likely 600+ feet. Now you are telling me it would be difficult for him to make a wall that is maybe 1/5 as high and 1/12th as long? That is just illogical.

b.)How big it would be. Once again, in the video we see Jeong Jeong show masterful control over a fire wall that is roughly 10x bigger than what my team would require here. I have no idea why you would think size would be a problem for a master like Jeong Jeong who has demonstrated such skill as shown in the video.

c.) How fast it would be. If you watch the video it takes less than 2 seconds for him to go through the gestures to make the fire wall. He begins the very start of the move at 0:18 and completes it at 0:20. This is proof that he can make a massive wall in 2 seconds tops. Now, logically creating a wall roughly 1/10th the size should require less movement and more importantly less time.

Look at the massive fire sphere he generates nearly instantly at 1:52. That alone is large enough to block most of the platform and he can make it basically instantly.

Mai

So many untruths here.

Incorrect. Mai has demonstrated using throwing knives/blades which are metal and arrow-like bolts which have a wood shaft, but are tipped with metal heads.

Incorrect. The distance that Toph was away from Mai in The Earth King’s Palace was roughly the same distance that we would be away from you. (20-25 feet) Check the image here of the Bending Platform, and then check 1:13 in this video.

Loading Video...

The distance from your side on the middle line is roughly the same distance as Top was away from Mai in the Palace.

No Caption Provided

Incorrect. P’Li does have defensive firebending as she has demonstrated multiple times.

She blocked dragon flames. 2:10

Loading Video...

She redirected and dissipated Mako’s fire blast. 0:16

Loading Video...

P’Li is also very agile as seen here dodging Lin and Su’s attacks even with smoke clouding her field of view. 0:20

Loading Video...

In that fight she single-handedly held off a group of elite metalbenders and the Beifong sisters. Only through distraction and outflanking her with a surprise attacks were they able to defeat her and she was all by herself with no help as opposed to here where she has other teammates watching her back.

Mai is not that big of a threat as everyone on my team has the reflexes to block or evade her projectiles. Low tier characters like Sokka have successfully blocked her projectiles. The only characters she has ever had success against have all been fodder. Just about every main character in the show has blocked/evaded her projectiles or similar projectiles.

The Mai combo with Yakone is not deadly because it is not in Mai’s character to kill anyone. All we have ever seen her do is pin opponents down, or try to incapacitate them. It would be against her character to kill. Furthermore Amon can counter-bend Yakone, and members of my team will be watching each other’s backs like the Red Lotus did in their fight with Team Avatar in Zhaofu.

P’Li

The fact that Druk is larger, and a dragon is evidence toward him being more durable than Appa. What evidence is there to support Appa being more durable than Druk? Her blast nearly engulfed Druk, Appa who is smaller than Druk would be enveloped by such a blast.

The fact that Appa has been hurt or injured by things like a fire whip, Nyla’s tongue, and Boarcupine quills suggests he is nowhere near as durable as you propose.

Nonsense. Air shields have been shown able to completely block combustion man’s explosions. 0:38 and 1:43. Appa could not tank such a blow.

Loading Video...

P’Li’s shots aren’t that impressive? She single-handedly held off a number of The Metal Clan’s elite guard as well as Toph’s two daughters until they distracted and outflanked her with a sneak attack. She had everyone in the city of Zhaofu held off so that they needed to make a special plan to have a chance of getting by her. She KO’d a dragon and blasted Tonraq through an ice shield and sent him flying through the air like a ragdoll and KO’d him. She blasted the stone pillar Mako and Bolin were standing behind and sent them flying 20+ feet. She practically vaporized two Republic City Police Trucks, she disintegrated large human sized boulders.

The metal plates blocking her attacks only has a few possibilities.

A.) Those metal plates are some kind of superior metal with enhanced durability. She easily turned Republic City Police trucks into tiny bits and they are made of metal. She also destroyed the two watchtowers that were spotlighting them in that fight. She has plenty of other blasts throughout the season that illustrate that the metal plate blocking them was uncharacteristic.

B.) She can control the amount of power her blasts have and those particular blasts weren’t full juice. This is supported by the fact the explosions when the beams hit the metal plates were significantly smaller than other blasts earlier in the episode, and in other episodes where the explosions were much larger.

C.) Simple plot armor called for the blasts being smaller than normal because the heroes couldn’t be blown sky high. This explains why P’Li’s blasts in that instance were much weaker than other blasts throughout the series.

Toph

That is fine, Nyla can stay with Suki and help protect her.

Appa

If he was so powerful and so unstoppable than why would he run from say the Swampbenders? Why would he fall to the Sandbenders? If he is as unstoppable as you say he could have easily just attacked them and destroyed them all, but he didn't because you are overestimating him. He is not unstoppable, who has he ever attacked that bears mentioning? He has never flown head on at a combustion bender, or a master water bender, or a firebender who can blockade boats and push around tanks with his fire, or a master metal/earthbender who momentarily stopped the drill and was holding Wan Shi Tong’s library from sinking. Appa doesn’t have the feats to be the unstoppable force you are making out, in fact Nyla stalemated him in a head to head collision.

Loading Video...

(Above video 3:18)

Amon x Yakone

1. Who said that he never finished his training? It is explicitly stated in Tarrlok’s flashback that he had mastered his father’s psychic bending technique at age 14.

2. Amon is nowhere near that level? What is there to support this idea? Amon easily resisted his brother’s bloodbending, and Tarrlok was able to bloodbend the entire city council, Lin, Chief Saikhan, and team Avatar. We know that Amon is significantly superior to Tarrlok, and that Tarrlok himself never mastered his father’s psychic bloodbending technique, but Amon had. This is clear evidence to point to Amon being just as strong of a bloodbender if not moreso than Yakone. Yakone never had to face another bloodbender, and has zero other feats. Amon on the other hand has plenty.

Aang (while not in the Avatar State) and Toph have no more resistance to bloodbending than an average person. Him making Toph pick the lock is something Hama, who was not as powerful as either of them could accomplish.

3. Amon only bloodbended two people at once because he was trying to hide the fact he was a bender. This does not mean he was incapable of doing so. Like I said, Tarrlok, who is substantially weaker than Amon was able to bloodbend a large group of people with no problem.

4. Amon hiding his bloodbending does not make it any weaker, and Yakone was never stated to bloodbend every day. This point has no bearing on this fight. Amon mastered Yakone’s technique at 14 and went on to improve it and do things with it Yakone never could. He is the superior bloodbender.

Never reached his full potential? Like I said, he mastered his father’s technique at age 14 and then improved it. What possibly makes you think that he hadn’t reached his potential or surpassed his father?

The Plan

1. Anywhere you go

2. The fire wall isn’t blocking my vision. It is only 10-15 feet tall, as wide as the platform, and it is moving backward pushing you off the platform, so your team has to go up(where they are sitting ducks), or fly left or right of the wall (where they are also sitting ducks). Appa will not fit under the platform and you already committed most of your team to riding him. The fire wall will be released once it has pushed you all off. You have nowhere to go that P’Li cannot pick you off.

Ming Hua will be greatly hampered by the limited water on the platform, and she may not even be able to draw enough to make full sized arms.

If Lin or Ming Hua try to catch him they will expose themselves to being attacked as well, and I specifically stated that Amon would pull him up and toward my team where P’Li will blast him out of the air like shooting fish in a barrel.

Appa can’t evade her attacks because he, and none of the rest of your team view her as a legitimate threat as per your own words and therefore you are all ignoring her. Then there is also the fact that he has never dodged an attack from someone with Toph’s skill, he has only dodged attacks from generic fodder. Heck, she has things she could do that he couldn’t even dodge like bending his armor to cover his eyes, or restrict his movement, and then taking him down with a projectile.

Only P’Li Toph and Amon are focused on Appa, Azula, and Mai. Jeong Jeong is charged with defense as I have stated before and can defend against Lin and Ming-Hua if they even made it that far. He will be watching for sneak attacks if he doesn’t see them with the rest of your group on Appa. Ming and Lin would then have to scale up onto the platform to attack us, giving us plenty of time to react defensively.

So are you going to call a vote? You said after 5 days and it’s been nearly 5 weeks.