Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Team Earth:

Bumi, Aang, Ghazan, Bolin, Long Feng

Team Metal:

Toph, Lin, Suyin, Kuvira, Korra

In this fight, a team of non-metalbenders will take on a team of metalbenders, which team will win?

For this battle, Aang and Korra have earthbending only. Any agility feats will apply for both of them. Korra is perfectly healthy. No Avatar State

This is young Toph

Fight takes place in Zaofu. Time is noon. Starting distance is 30 feet.

Standard gear/armor for all. Korra has cables.

All are in character but determined. Victory by ko or death

Round 1:

Toph only has feats from the end of Season 3 of ATLA

Round 2:

Toph has feats from the comic series

Round 3:

Team Earth is joined by 50 Dai Li Agents (from ATLA)

Team Metal is joined by 50 of Zaofu's security metalbenders

Bonus Round:

No lava-bending. No metal-bending. Which team wins in a battle of pure earthbending?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeathHero61

Team metal. If toph can hold off bumi long enough(because lets face it, bumi would solo team metal easily. Its toph's skill and precision that would allow her to take on bumi.) and prevent him from fighting the others then they win because, quite honestly, i can see lin destroying aang with her metal bending, or bolin or korra, i can see kuvira doing the same as well. Ghazan was only a threat because he had his other teammates to cover for him. There is no reason why lin or kuvira or suu couldn't wreck him with their metal bending.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth because Bumi and Aang can beat just about anybody on the other team, except that Aang couldn't beat Toph. But he could last long enough against her for Bumi to crush everybody else.

Orrrr Aang could beat just about everyone else with the help of Ghazan, Bolin, and Long Feng, while Bumi beats Toph.

Either way, nobody here is beating Bumi so it really doesn't matter how it's matched up, and it's not like his teammates are lacking either.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pierpat

Team metal. If toph can hold off bumi long enough(because lets face it, bumi would solo team metal easily. Its toph's skill and precision that would allow her to take on bumi.) and prevent him from fighting the others then they win because, quite honestly, i can see lin destroying aang with her metal bending, or bolin or korra, i can see kuvira doing the same as well. Ghazan was only a threat because he had his other teammates to cover for him. There is no reason why lin or kuvira or suu couldn't wreck him with their metal bending.

Basically this for round 1.

Round 2 is more or less the same with Toph doing better against bumi.

I see round 3 being won by earthbenders, dai li where more impressive than metalbending security, and with those numbers they could turn the tide.

Bonus round is won by team earth, the beifong sisters loose quite a lot of their punch without metalbending.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth benders

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: you think Aang could handle metal bending that easily?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1- Earth Benders, Bumi is better than Toph in the show, their stalemate was in the comics

R2- Still leaning towards Earth Benders, Ghazan is deadly here, Bumi stalemates Toph

R3- I'd give it to the metalbenders, their fodder is much more practical, especially when dealing with Ghazan.

Bonus- Basically boils down to Toph vs Bumi, which I think could go either way.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

Bumi and Toph might be the MVPs in the bonus round, but whoever wins among the rest could be crucial to turn the tide

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hatemalingsia

Team Earth.

Comic feats?

Team Metal.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatemalingsia: have you read the comics? They're about what happened with the Gaang after the show

Any reasons for your picks? What about the bonus round?

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus ok lets take a look at the match ups:

Bumi vs toph: you know what i think about this one. While not an outright win, toph will have the advantage with her metal bending (even more so in the later rounds), though it is unlikely that she will kill him before the others finish their fights.

Korra vs aang: korra would have a slight advantage with metal bending, but i think aang's earthbending trumps anything that korra can do with her metal and earth bending. aang should win this

Ghazaan and Bolin vs lin and suyin: it is my belief that lavabending is the anti-earthbending, so in order to win, lyn and suyin will need to use more metal than earth. close fight, but im thinking that the lavabenders can with this one, especially with how quickly ghazaan can generate lava.

Long feng vs kuviera: long feng's earthbending wasnt anything special. kuviera should win this pretty easily. her earthbending and metal bending should put him down.

now it's aang, bolin, ghazaan and bumi vs toph and kuviera. Team earth should win this. lava bending really is the MVP here in my opinion. Team earth 7/10

Now for when the dai li and and security come in, that might turn the fight. Dai li never did much in terms of earth bending. for the most part it was just using their earth hands to bind people, but if aang can break out of them no problem, than that shouldnt be too much of a problem. The metal bending security will probably win out against the dai li, with minor casualties.

so, assuming its the same fight as above, it will likely be toph and kuviera with the aid of lets say 25 security forces. personally, i think that will be too much for team earth to handle. while someone like bumi could take on a few, people like bolin and aang will have trouble. very close fight, but i think team metal bending will win in a close 6/10

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@hatemalingsia: have you read the comics? They're about what happened with the Gaang after the show

Any reasons for your picks? What about the bonus round?

No. Who's Gaang? Is it good?

Bumi and Ghazan wreck. Aang and Lin would be tough though. Imo Bolin > Korra. Kuvira beats Long Feng but gets dogpiled.

Pure earth bending? Does Toph only have feats from season 3 in this round too? Team Earth.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KnightOfZero

@arcus for the bonus round, this is how i see it going

bumi==toph

aang>korra

Lin and suyin>bolin/ghazan

kuvira>long feng

aang and bumi lose to the team metal

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

winners: Team earth Bumi and aang should bring it home for the team don't toph can hold back a serious bumi for long.

Round 2:

Winners: this is harder comic toph really improved alot, but i think ghazan would give the team the win in this round.

Round 3:

Winners: Team metal su and lin are really good metal benders and having their troops will help alot. The dai lee aren't has impressive has zaofu's troops.

Bonus Round:

No lava-bending. No metal-bending. Which team wins in a battle of pure earthbending?

Winners: Team metal. I think in this round toph can hold off bumi long enough for the others to get the job done. Most of the other benders on team metal are better than bolin and Long Feng (who are the weak links in the team. So korra takes out bolin, Kuvira takes down ghazan and su and lin deal with aang. Then they team up to take down bumi.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Earth for all three rounds. King Bumi and Aang can both move a massive amount of earth in comparison to what the metalbenders aside from Toph have shown. Combine that with dual lavabending from Ghazan and Bolin and you have an incredibly powerful offense that only Toph really has the feats to suggest she can defend from, and she can't block for her entire team. The metal whips and clips are dangerous and precise, but they can be blocked much easier with earth shields than waves of liquid earth can.

We've also seen the Metal Clan pretty much stopped by Ghazan's lava ring alone. No reason to think he and Bolin couldn't replicate that feat. Combine it with earth barriers from King Bumi and Aang and you have an impressive fortification for the Dai Li to make use of their ranged projectile based fighting style, which could be a pretty strong counter against anyone trying to swing in on a cable.

Abyssdarkfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Abyssdarkfire

Team earth all rounds Bumi is the best earthbender here by far

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By johnfrank120

@arcus: Earth all rounds.In round one, Bumi can match Toph, Long Feng can take Korra, Ghazan and Bolin can convert any earth they use into lava, and create protective lava moats and destroy metal, Aang also can take anyone on the other team, so together the team can win. In round 2 it is virtually the same scenario but it might take Bumi more time to beat Toph. In round 3 I feel like the Dai Li were more impressive than the metal benders and in the final round, Bumi can beat Toph, Long Feng can take Korra quite quickly to help Bolin or Ghazan, Aang can beat Kuvira quite quickly and could also go help Bolin or Ghazan.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: Kuvira and Su use ranged projectiles too, plus the cables are ranged. The Metal Clan wasn't just stopped by Ghazan's moat, there was also Ming Hua and P'li blowing things up

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, any new thoughts from the finale?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Round 1: Team 2

Round 2: Not much is changing tho. Still Team 2

Round 3: Depends on the Dai Li level

Bonus Round: Bumi solos if bloodlusted

Avatar image for deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374
deactivated-60c7ec0cc5374

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Don't wanna say this but team metal. team earth has long feng( who's just too much of a weaklink) and aang.

r 1 metal 55/100

r 2 metal 60/100

r 3 earth 60/100

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: bumi will not solo team metal by himself look at Lin suyin and kuvira feats