No Caption Provided

• Win by KO or death
  • In character
  • Start100 metres apart
  • Aang is in the avatar state
  • Sozin's comet is out
  • Aang has comic feats.
  • Limited knowledge(See below)

Knowledge: All Thor knows is that Aang can control the elements(Fire, Water, Earth, Air) ; Aang is aware of Mjolnir's capabilities. Neither combatant knows the specifics or the full extent of other's abilities/skills or fighting tactics.

No Caption Provided

Inspired by this thread http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/firelord-ozai-vs-thor-1598725/

General consensus seemed to be Thor won but some raised a couple of good points for Ozai. How this Thor fair against Aang?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Thor most likely. Although I question if he would be willing to merk a kid. Could play into Aang's favor and give him a slight edge for a possibly win.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

Thor.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd give it to Thor. One of his go to moves is to throw his hammer, and Aang doesn't have a way to stop that. It'll be a one hit KO.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I don't think any of the elements can stop the hammer being hurled at him, and thor has the physical edge(i think)

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this against the rules? And Thor wins 10/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see weather elements hurting the god of thunder

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By GXrevolution96

Aang in his air sphere can fly incredibly fast. He could dodge or potentially block the hammer with an earth boulder.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingtphil said:

Isn't this against the rules? And Thor wins 10/10

???? Since when?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure why everyone here thinks this is an easy victory for Thor. Aang is going to be a nightmare to pin down. He is much faster and has unlimited flight whereas Thor's flight is very limited. Aang is also has better long ranged attacks whereas Thor favours close range. Aang will spam his meteor fire blasts at Thor while at the ams time collapsing the mountain range on his head.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: thors hammer rips through metal casually. How is a boulder stopping it

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@leo-343: Answer: Nothing to prevent getting a hammer to his face..

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

@saint_sophie: Poor Aang, Thor will put the hammer down, onto his face.

Maybe Thor'll go easy cause he is just a kid..

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@leo-343 said:

I'd launch my hammer straight at his bald dome on sight.

You know what they say, "Kill it before it lays eggs". :p

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: that's actually quite impressive from aang, but it you watched the beginning of Thor 2, you know how easily Thor handles guys made out of rocks.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: What is that from?! What's even happening in that?!

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

This.

Those scans are pretty awesome.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Thor hurls Mjolnir through his chest cavity.

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By wbr17

@m_man said:

@joewell said:

This.

@jayc1324 said:

@wbr17: that's actually quite impressive from aang, but it you watched the beginning of Thor 2, you know how easily Thor handles guys made out of rocks.

It's from avatar comics - The Rift part 3.

Aang is fighting a giant spirit. His attack in the second scan killed it, putting a giant hole in his chest.

Feats from comics are OP. I really don't like it.

Aang's giant rock form is way bigger than the rock dude from thor 2.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: I should really read that. What else does he do in it? ( If you have the time to tell )

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: I don't know if you know that there are 3 comics arcs after the end of the series and 3 others comics that tell short stories that happened between the eps of the series, also the is a video that tell about what happened with Aang while he was unconscious. There will be another comic arc focused in Zuko.

Battle feats I don't remember much, I focus more in the story but if I tell you will spoil the fun.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

imo Aang would win if bloodlusted, but he's in character so won't pull out any huge moves, Thor wins for that sole reason

sally81919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_banter: just to clarify isnt avatar state not in character ya i know aang actually came out of avatar state to stop him from killing ozai but can avatar state get bloodlusted?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sally81919: the AS is a defensive mechanism where the Avatar links with Raava and gains knowledge from all the avatar's prior, it is usually entered in when the avatar feels endangered or is in great emotional turmoil, Guru Pathik tried to teach Aang how to control his Avatar state which I think he succeeded in, either way, Aang has never killed anyone whilst in AS

@arcus can probably explain it better then me though

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GXrevolution96

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Thor hurls Mjolnir through his chest cavity.

@stormdriven said:

I'd give it to Thor. One of his go to moves is to throw his hammer, and Aang doesn't have a way to stop that. It'll be a one hit KO.

@gizmorino said:

I don't think any of the elements can stop the hammer being hurled at him, and thor has the physical edge(i think)

@saint_sophie said:

@leo-343: Answer: Nothing to prevent getting a hammer to his face..

I think we are grossly underestimating Aang

Firstly, Thor's hammer is not all that fast when he throws it, especially when we compare it to the speeds Aang was able to move at.

Loading Video...

Secondly, the hammer cannot change trajectory after it has been thrown. The only time we have seen it do otherwise is when it is acting independently of Thor e.g. flying into space. Aang has both the speed and mobility to avoid Thor's hammer throws. The only way I see Thor hitting Aang is if the latter is in close, but considering that Aang is aware of what Thor can do with Mjolnir, he will opt to keep his distance so as not to get hit.

It is also worth to note that Thor’s combat capability is hampered somewhat without Mjolnir. The moment he throws his hammer, he leaves an opening, however small, for Aang to counter with a powerful offensive attack since Thor will not be able to effectively counter or fly out of the way.

Aang is also going to be in the air at all times and can attack from distance all day along. Thor's fighting style mainly favours close range combat(He does use his hammer as projectile sometimes, but that won’t be much of factor here due to Aang's speed), though I could see him using it to shatter some of Aang's earth attacks.

Thor's limited flight capabilities puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to aerial engagement. Aang will most certainly be able capitalise on this and will have no problem outmanoeuvreing Thor in the air. If Thor attempted a bullrush, Aang could either bend the lake at him, blow him away with air bending, drop the side of the mountain on top of him or spam earth bullets, while at the same time, utilising his speed and mobility. If Thor tried to shoot lightning at him, Aang could either redirect it or dodge it entirely with his speed. There is not much Thor can do on the ground either. If he lands, I can see Aang collapsing the ground beneath him and trapping him in the earth. Even if Thor summoned a tornado; the most he could do was hover and he had to spin his hammer continuously to feed it. Aang, on the other hand, can generate tornadoes of comparable size and strength(as shown in "The southern air temple"), without that drawback.

And lets not also forget that Thor was put down by a boulder and was wounded from it. Aang can launch boulders several times the size of the one Kurse threw at him and at much faster rate. If that is anything to go by, I can certainly see Aang putting Thor down if he launches multiple boulders at him in quick succession, or collapses the side of the mountain on top of him. Alternatively, he could attempt a water whip, but that might be risk since Thor could potentiality zap him or KO him with his hammer.

I am not saying Thor necessarily loses, but Aang most certainly has a shot here, as long as he plays his cards right and fights smart.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

Firstly, Thor's hammer is not all that fast when he throws it, especially when we compare it to the speeds Aang was able to move at

While you have something here, you can't really use that scene to back you point because it was a slow motion shot, and isn't Malekith's ship FTL?

Secondly, the hammer cannot change trajectory after it has been thrown. The only time we have seen it do otherwise is when it is acting independently of Thor e.g. flying into space.

It can and it has in the past, it did it against the Destroyer, and when Thor showed up on Vanaheim. It also did against the Frost Giants IIRC. It responds to Thor's mental commands after all, it does not have a mind of its own.

Aang has both the speed and mobility to avoid Thor's hammer throws. The only way I see Thor hitting Aang is if the latter is in close, but considering that Aang is aware of what Thor can do with Mjolnir, he will opt to keep his distance so as not to get hit.

Keeping his distance will only prolong the inevitable, Thor has the necessary means to close the gap and get in close. Oh and Thor also has AOE attacks.

It is also worth to note that Thor’s combat capability is hampered somewhat without Mjolnir. The moment he throws his hammer, he leaves an opening, however small, for Aang to counter with a powerful offensive attack since Thor will not be able to effectively counter or fly out of the way.

Depends on the type of attack because Aang's most powerful damage output outside throwing massive boulders is almost meaningless and will leave no lasting damages on Thor. Mind you the hammer can return to Thor at incredible speeds in a boomerang-like effect, which of course can tag Aang on the way back.

Aang is also going to be in the air at all times and can attack from distance all day along. Thor's fighting style mainly favours close range combat(He does use his hammer as projectile sometimes but that won’t be much of factor here due to Aang's speed), though I could see him using it to shatter some of Aang's earn attack projectiles.

Sure Aang is fast, as his normal self, but in the Avatar state? He turns into Jason Voorhees with the you-can-run-but-you-can't-hide movements. He didn't attempt to dodge anything in that state.

Moreover, Thor's limited flight capabilities puts him at a disadvantage when it comes to aerial engagement. Aang will most certainly be able capitalise on this and will have no problem outmanoeuvreing Thor in the air.

Disadvantage? Aang literally flew in one straight line during his entire fight with Ozai, I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he will be able to outmanoeuvre Thor in the air.

If Thor attempted a bullrush, Aang could either bend the lake at him, blow him away with air bending, drop the side of the mountain on top of him or spam earth bullets, while at the same time, utilising his speed and mobility.

Wasn't he stationary while bending the lake to quench the fire? Besides, what is the lake going to do to Thor? Drown him? He'd simply dodge it or fly over it. Malekith's TK did absolutely nothing to Thor, I don't see how pushing Thor with air would be any different here. When has Aand ever dropped the side of a mountain on anyone?

If Thor tried to shoot lightning at him, Aang could either redirect it or dodge it entirely with his speed.

Aang has never been shown to dodge or redirect lightning coming from the sky, and it took him ages to redirect one, by the time he's doing that, he'd get hit with another one.

There is not much Thor can do on the ground either. If he lands, I can see Aang collapsing the ground beneath him and trapping him in the earth.

Hmm, this could work, but it would have to be a lot of earth, I can see Thor breaking out of the little ones like the ones Aang used to immobilise Ozai.

Even if Thor summoned a tornado, the most he could do was hover and he had to spin his hammer continuously to feed it. Aang, on the other hand, can generate tornadoes of comparable size and strength(as shown in "The southern air temple"), without that drawback.

He does't need to spin the hammer continuously, this was able to bat away the Destroyer beams, and bull rush him while keeping the tornado active simultaneously without any problems.

And lets not also forget that Thor was put down by a boulder and and twas wounded. Aang can launch boulders several times the size of the one Kurse threw at him and at much faster rate.

Well, first of all that was immediately after Thor got downed by Kurse who is >>>>>> Aang in strength, and that boulder was made out of materials which pre-dates our universe, how much this means? I don't know, but its worth mentioning. Plus Thor was back up seconds after taking all that punishment from Kurse.

That still doesn't cancel out his other durability showings like surviving a 30,000' fall without so much as a scratch, tanking Iron Man's punches and repulsor blasts and surviving the Bifrost explosion which is certainly above Aang's damage output.

If that is anything to go by, I can certainly see Aang putting Thor down if he launches multiple boulders at him in quick succession, or collapses the side of the mountain on top of him. Alternatively, he could attempt a water whip, but the might be risk since Thor could zap him.

You're going off the impression that Thor would be stationary and simply just stay there. And when has Aang ever launched multiple boulders at his opponents?

I am not saying Thor necessarily loses, but Aang most certainly has a shot here, as long as he plays his cards right.

Sure, I'm not going to deny that Aang can actually beat Thor, but one well placed hit from Mjolnir and that would be it. Ehh, this can almost go either way tbh.

_________

On a completely unrelated side note: I heard Thor will be fighting Vision in Age of Ultron :O

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Thor most likely. Although I question if he would be willing to merk a kid. Could play into Aang's favor and give him a slight edge for a possibly win.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Hulk couldn't down Thor, Aang sure isn't.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Alakemega123
someoneisone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comic aang is town level+

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Kokemabb200

Going with Thor

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang is vulnerable to lightning.... and thor can produce enough

Loading Video...

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GXrevolution96

@rudebomberboy01

It can and it has in the past, it did it against the Destroyer, and when Thor showed up on Vanaheim. It also did against the Frost Giants IIRC. It responds to Thor's mental commands after all, it does not have a mind of its own.

It cannot change directions in that fashion when thrown by Thor. It can only go forwards and backwards but it in same line.

I don’t think I made myself clear, so just for clarification, this is what I meant

Loading Video...

It responds to Thor's mental commands after all, it does not have a mind of its own.

It appeared to have mind of it's own when it flew into space looking for Thor and when it went to him after he was killed/KO'd(did he actually die) by the Destroyer.

Keeping his distance will only prolong the inevitable, Thor has the necessary means to close the gap and get in close.

What means does Thor have that will close the gap?

Oh and Thor also has AOE attacks.

What is AOE the stand for?

Sure Aang is fast, as his normal self, but in the Avatar state? He turns into Jason Voorhees with the you-can-run-but-you-can't-hide movements. He didn't attempt to dodge anything in that state.

Simple. Aang ever really needed to dodge Ozai's attacks. Ozai got off a total of two attacks in total, both of which Aang easily death with. He was in complete and utter control of the fight and was more than capable of nullify anything Ozai threw at him. Why would Thor block the chutari blasts when he can just as easily have dodged them? Why would superman tank bullets instead of dodging? He doesn't need to.

Disadvantage? Aang literally flew in one straight line during his entire fight with Ozai

No Caption Provided

Wasn't he stationary while bending the lake to quench the fire?

I wasn't referring to that particular showing. I am talking about Aang's general water bending capabilities on a whole. Outside of the avatar state, Aang has shown to be capable of bending large volumes of water with minimal effort, even before he received any formal training. He was stated to be natural could bend 20ft waves in book 1 alone.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

As you can see, he was able to create a tsunami size wave that stretched out across the ocean and that was with only a full moon. The avatar state amp is much stronger.

Besides, what is the lake going to do to Thor? Drown him?

I don't see why that would be out of the realm of possibility. If Aang manages to knock him into the lake, I can see him trapping Thor in a water bubble and drowning him, alternatively a flash flash freezing him, similarly to what he did to himself and Appa. I am not saying something like that would be easy to pull off but it is certainly a possibility.

He'd simply dodge it or fly over it.

Ozai, who was shown to have better mobility in air than Thor, was tagged twice by Aang's water bending. I dont see Thor dodging it

Malekith's TK did absolutely nothing to Thor, I don't see how pushing Thor with air would be any different

TK? You referring to the Aether?

When has Aand ever dropped the side of a mountain on anyone?

He hasn't per say, but biased on the amount of earth he can control and his raw power, I don't see why he couldn't bend a chuck off a mountain and drop it..

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Aang has never been shown to dodge or redirect lightning coming from the sky, and it took him ages to redirect one, by the time he's doing that, he'd get hit with another one.

Why wouldn't he be able to re-direct it in the air? Its not like he is going to suddenly forget the technique.

Hmm, this could work, but it would have to be a lot of earth, I can see Thor breaking out of the little ones like the ones Aang used to immobilise Ozai.

Going of what we have seen Aang do, it should not be too much of problem.

He does't need to spin the hammer continuously, this was able to bat away the Destroyer beams, and bull rush him while keeping the tornado active simultaneously without any problems.

He needs to spin it to feed it. It we actually see him giving it more juice when he lifts the destroyer off the ground.

Well, first of all that was immediately after Thor got downed by Kurse who is >>>>>> Aang in strength, and that boulder was made out of materials which pre-dates our universe, how much this means? I don't know, but its worth mentioning. Plus Thor was back up seconds after taking all that punishment from Kurse.

Thor appeared to be fine at first and got back up. When Kurse tossed the boulder at him, he goes down to the floor and is wounded. But I agree with you in part. This, alone, doesn't automatically give Aang the win. Just making the point that Aang can indeed hurt Thor with his earth bending attacks.

For all we know, the boulder Kurse is just ordinary rock. There is nothing that really suggest otherwise, I don't think.

That still doesn't cancel out his other durability showings like surviving a 30,000' fall without so much as a scratch, tanking Iron Man's punches and repulsor blasts and surviving the Bifrost explosion which is certainly above Aang's damage output.

Thor didn't survive the 30,000 fall. He broke out at the last minute. It is also worth mentioning that Loki

You're going off the impression that Thor would be stationary and simply just stay there.

I am not. He does not have the speed and/or mobility in the air to continuously dodge a barrage of elemental attacks indefinitely, especially Aang's earth bullets.

And when has Aang ever launched multiple boulders at his opponents?

Loading Video...

It is also worth mentioning that while in the avatar state, Aang has the skills and knowledge of all his predecessors and can essentially do everything they can. This has been shown and stated on various occasions. For example, it turns out that Aang's air sphere was originally Wan's move. A move Yancheng replicated when she went into the AS, the same move Korra used to seal up Vaatu, all done by accessing Wan's knowledge. Roku, Kyoshi and the Avatar before her were able to lava bend when they went into the avatar state. Aang should be able to replicate also be able to replicate those skills in the AS.

And there this…Aang demonstrating mastery of water bending by accessing his past lives skill.

Loading Video...

Whenever the Avatar after Korra goes into the AS, he or she will be able to metal bend and spirit bend by drawing on Korra's knowledge.

Sure, I'm not going to deny that Aang can actually beat Thor, but one well placed hit from Mjolnir and that would be it. Ehh, this can almost go either way tbh.

And I agree. I would honestly give Thor the edge here, mainly because of his durability. After all, he was taking punches from Hulk, which is no doubt a impressive feat. I do, however, think that Aang has a shot if he plays it smart. Thor is going to work for the win in my humble opinion. Its not a stomp, which is what I was trying to argue.

On a completely unrelated side note: I heard Thor will be fighting Vision in Age of Ultron :O

I am not too familiar with the vision, uinofrtunaelty. But he sounds interesting. We don't have long know in until the movie comes out.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor wins he can ko him with the hammer or call down thunder on ang

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually going with aang here, his earthbending itself is enough to win it.

@m_man said:

@joewell said:

This.

He's fighting a spirit called general old iron, from the comic series that take place after sozin's comet (Rift 003), he was actually holding back so he doesn't kill the spirit. Plus, we have seen how much raw power he can dish out with earthbending - he easily opened a chasm that surrounded an entire town in the promise.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a joke. Thor murders him badly.

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor stomps and after Ragnarok and Infinity War? He slaughters.