• 141 results
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By comicace3

@arcus: overall skill. Azula is a deadly and cunning opponent who often beats you mentally as well as physically. Zuko is also a very skilled fire bender and a master of swords. I think they shpuld be able to take it. Not only that but the teams tactical ability should be very useful.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Arcus1

@comicace3: How would Azula beat anyone mentally here? She's manipulated people before, but she doesn't know anything about anyone here

Sure they're good fire benders, but everyone here (well except Bumi) is also a master of their element

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By comicace3

@arcus: i was just putting that out there. Yes I know they are very skilled but azula has also mastered her element as well. Zuko is a master with the blades and is able to use it well against any bender.I believed that his skills have improved very much throughout avatar tla and he's become very skilled. I could debate withbyou but i'd have to get on my computer first.( i'm on my phone)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Arcus1

@comicace3: ok, I'm not siding with any particular team, just trying to encourage some discussion

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I realized you were doing that. This is a good battle.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Arcus1

@comicace3: Ok just making sure. Thanks.

How do you think Zuko would do against Tenzin, considering his record against Aang?

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: to be fair, I haven't seen tenzin do much that would put him on Ang's level ( I could be wrong). That being said, he might to fairly well against zuko, considering he uses his airbending to the fullest. But I still think zuko can hold his own and win if he's lucky.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: He schooled Zaheer and briefly held his own against Zaheer, Ming Hua, and Ghazan, that was probably his best showing

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: then he could do fairly well then. That's why I put team 3 in second place because in all honesty they have a good chance against zuko and azula.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: yeah, Tenzin would definitely be the MVP for team 3

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The location works against Team 4 and they don't have speed and agility to hold on until they get close to water. They'll go down first. Unless Unalaq starts to turn the spirits around in dark spirits and control them. I think he can sprit bend people. He was spirit bending Korra in their last battle, she was in spiritual world but she entered with her body.

Tenzin fights alone in Team 3, so no chance. I won't talk anymore about his fight against red lotus lol Kya isn't that good either. Don't need to say anything about Bumi.

At the end of book 1 of LoK, Lin was electrocuted and not much after she was on her feet, she didn't tank it but it won't necessarily take her out of battle. Team 2 is very agile and can move around the city with easy. They are the ones that know better the environment as well. Also earth is the element of submission, they can restrain others with earth and their metal cables, and as pointed before earth has good defense moves. I know ice can trap too but there are not much water around and i think that break ice is easier than stone and metal.

Azula and Zuko has the most destructive power here and can attack multiple times at high frequency. They are fast, strong, agile but lack defensive moves, relying on dodges. Team 1 will take the offensive.

My prediction:

Team 4 wins if they can create dark spirits, if not they has no chance.

Team 3 loses.

Team 2 and Team 1 has a good battle against each other. Team 2 wins.

@arcus good battle, very creative. I hope that I could bring something new to the discussion.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: Thanks, glad you liked it

You don't think 50 ft is close enough to the ocean for team 4? What if it was closer?

Let's say no spirits, I guess there could be spirits around now but for this battle they aren't there

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Sorry, I'm probably wrong about the distance. I don't work with feets just meters. I have no idea what 50 feet is lol I need to search.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: lol yeah that might help, 50 feet is maybe 15 or so meters? I could be wrong

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus Now I think that water family has more chance but they're bond to be near water and need to be careful to not step in water or Azula will take them out. If they can survive to see Azula defeats Unalaq can win alone going into water. But again, the others family can just walk away and wait them get distant of the ocean. It could and in a stalemate if the teams aren't restricted to fight where it starts.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wbr17: I hadn't thought about the water benders just leaving, let's say that all benders have to remain accessible to the other combatants (so they could go onto the ocean but not so far that no one could reach them)

I'm not sure Azula would take out the water benders that easily, she never did it against Katara

wbr17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I mean she can do what Mako did to Ming-Hua

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people seem to have been arguing in favor of Team 1, so I'll make some starting arguments in favor of the other teams:

Team 2's metal defenses can hold up to Team 1's attacks. Also, both Azula and Zuko usually have metal on them, and Zuko has his swords, which could easily be used against them by the metal benders. While Lin and Su can block (or dodge) Azula and Zuko's attacks, the fire siblings can't block Lin and Su's metal cables, and they'll have a harder time dodging them since they can change their direction in mid-air. Su also showed how they could have projectiles follow targets when she used her daggers to down Zaheer, curving them around to hit his glider.

Tenzin and Kya, while obviously not being the same as Aang and Katara, have a similar skill-set. We've seen Zuko go down to Tenzin repeatedly, and we've seen Azula struggle with Katara, so it's not unreasonable to think that the fire siblings could have trouble with these two, even if they're not quite on Aang and Katara's level. Tenzin was engaging 3/4 of the Red Lotus, he's clearly a capable combatant, and Kya's not to shabby either, holding her own against Zaheer and Ming Hua. Then you add in Bumi's unpredictable craziness, making Team 3 a versatile team not to be underestimated

Tonraq and Unalaq are both very capable waterbenders with a unique emphasis on icebending that could be very formidable. We saw Unalaq's combat abilities when fighting Korra: while some of those feats were with the Avatar State, others were not (I don't remember exactly what was and wasn't right now). He was also perfectly capable of engaging a firebending Korra and Mako with just one water pouch, blocking their blasts and landing more hits on them than they landed on him. I think an argument could be made that he's better than Katara, or at least has some advantages over her. And we've seen how Azula struggles with Katara. While Tonraq got beaten by Unalaq, he held his own (in what was possibly one of the coolest waterbending fights I've seen imo). Tonraq was also capable of engaging Zaheer multiple times, even in an environment that greatly favored Zaheer (the air temple). And can I just say, the guy climbs mountains like a boss

Avatar image for jr_avatarexpert
JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that you make all these Avatar threads mostly because that i all i do. I will think of an answer to this.

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By JR_AvatarExpert

@arcus said:

Most people seem to have been arguing in favor of Team 1, so I'll make some starting arguments in favor of the other teams:

Team 2's metal defenses can hold up to Team 1's attacks. Also, both Azula and Zuko usually have metal on them, and Zuko has his swords, which could easily be used against them by the metal benders. While Lin and Su can block (or dodge) Azula and Zuko's attacks, the fire siblings can't block Lin and Su's metal cables, and they'll have a harder time dodging them since they can change their direction in mid-air. Su also showed how they could have projectiles follow targets when she used her daggers to down Zaheer, curving them around to hit his glider.

Tenzin and Kya, while obviously not being the same as Aang and Katara, have a similar skill-set. We've seen Zuko go down to Tenzin repeatedly, and we've seen Azula struggle with Katara, so it's not unreasonable to think that the fire siblings could have trouble with these two, even if they're not quite on Aang and Katara's level. Tenzin was engaging 3/4 of the Red Lotus, he's clearly a capable combatant, and Kya's not to shabby either, holding her own against Zaheer and Ming Hua. Then you add in Bumi's unpredictable craziness, making Team 3 a versatile team not to be underestimated

Tonraq and Unalaq are both very capable waterbenders with a unique emphasis on icebending that could be very formidable. We saw Unalaq's combat abilities when fighting Korra: while some of those feats were with the Avatar State, others were not (I don't remember exactly what was and wasn't right now). He was also perfectly capable of engaging a firebending Korra and Mako with just one water pouch, blocking their blasts and landing more hits on them than they landed on him. I think an argument could be made that he's better than Katara, or at least has some advantages over her. And we've seen how Azula struggles with Katara. While Tonraq got beaten by Unalaq, he held his own (in what was possibly one of the coolest waterbending fights I've seen imo). Tonraq was also capable of engaging Zaheer multiple times, even in an environment that greatly favored Zaheer (the air temple). And can I just say, the guy climbs mountains like a boss

I'm surprised that most people have been arguing for team 1. I honestly think that they will not win.

I'm going with team two because of metal bending. This is mostly a battle of elements and I think that earth bending with metal bending is the most powerful.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

I'm surprised that most people have been arguing for team 1. I honestly think that they will not win.

I'm going with team two because of metal bending. This is mostly a battle of elements and I think that earth bending with metal bending is the most powerful.

I was a bit surprised by how many people were arguing for them too. Think they can handle Tenzin's agility or Unalaq and Tonraq's raw power-Unalaq's already been able to overcome Bolin and Korra's earth attacks

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking that Tonraq and Unalaq could probably win. It really depends where they are fighting.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Arcus1

I was thinking that Tonraq and Unalaq could probably win. It really depends where they are fighting.

But you just said the metalbenders would win? Or do you mean that they have a good chance too?

They're fighting by the ocean, I think the distance is in the op

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I decided that i'm going with team 4. I think that team 2 will beat Azula and Zuko with metal bending. Then they could take out team 3 and team 4 would beat team 2. Kind of confusing.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jr_avatarexpert: it's a multi-team battle, bound to be confusing, that's what makes it interesting

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DeathHero61

Team 1 or Team 4. Those teams are the most powerful. IF comic feats are allowed than team 1 due to how much faster azula's lightning generation is.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Arcus1

@deathhero61: Comics are cannon apparently. However, it's worth mentioning that lightning can be reacted to, as shown by Zuko

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Thats mainly due to the hand gestures. In the animated series most of the time we see azula doing the hand gesture then shooting out the lightning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Zuko was set to redirect lightning, but when Azula fired it at Katara he had time to register that it was aimed at Karara, run to intercept it, and sorta redirect it, all after it was fired

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Are you saying zuko is faster than lightning now?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Arcus1

@deathhero61: I'm not saying anything, just saying what was in the show. IMO bender lightning is slower than real world lightning, I think that's the most commonly accepted explanation, sin these characters have not shown speed to indicate they could react to real world lightning

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By rirashadow4

I think Team 3 would take this. Team 1 is definitely the fastest team and maybe even the most cunning, but it seems throughout the show air benders have an advantage in battle as almost no one has any battle experience against them. Zuko has also been owned by Aang many times with just his air bending. Team 2's defenses is really strong as no one has the damage output outside of Azula's lightning that can bypass metal. So Team 4 is eliminated leading to a 3-team battle with Team 3 winning due to air bending superiority.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sokusonic4: so you think airbending can make up for Bumi's inexperience and Kya's lack of feats?

rirashadow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By rirashadow4

@arcusBumi's a throwaway. Not in relevent. Kya can hold her own. Although she never won, she has enough skill to survive Zaheer and Ming-Hua.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, any new ideas?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula and zuko for the win.

I keep hearing that katara took on azula, but it's not true.

She, while sort of bloodlusted/very serious, took on a tired insane azula.

It's not the same.

Azula is probably the second most agile character in the series after ty lee, and she's going to aim for the kill, unlike most of the others.

She'll be the MVP, and she has taken on just anyone's equivalent here.

Zuko is not to underestimate either.

Unalaq and Tonraq are being seriously underestimated thought.

Tonraq is probably one of the best pure water benders we've seen in the series.

He's good with the bending and crazy fast.

I actually see team 3 going down quick.

They do not have experience in fighting together, thei're feats are inferior to the other team's, and if one gets hurt the other will panic and try to help him, while Azula/Tonraq would keep fighting.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

I think people are referring to their fight in the Crystal Catacombs

Why do you think Team 3 will panic?

Tenzin was pretty impressive when fighting the Red Lotus, Kya and Bumi weren't too bad either

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

I think people are referring to their fight in the Crystal Catacombs

Why do you think Team 3 will panic?

Tenzin was pretty impressive when fighting the Red Lotus, Kya and Bumi weren't too bad either

Well she did not win there xD

I don't think they'll panic immediately, but bumi or Kya will go down pretty soon given the averege level here, and once that happens the only real top level bender on their team will panic, given he's not cold blooded or incline to rage.

Team 2 i have not analyzed before, i will now.

Honestly i don't see all the hype for those two.

They are cool, ok.

They have quite good bending.

But......let's talk about their battles:

they did never win against anyone serious, and Suyin does not have great combat feats, given Lin was debilited and emotionally unstable in their fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

She did better than Azula

Why does not being cold blooded and vengeful = will panic? He didn't panic when Ming Hua and Ghazan took down Kya and Bumi

They beat P'li

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

She did better than Azula

Why does not being cold blooded and vengeful = will panic? He didn't panic when Ming Hua and Ghazan took down Kya and Bumi

They beat P'li

"took down"

I mean when they get seriously hurt, like zapped or out right killed.

P'li is not all that impressive honestly, i'm actually re-watching the three korra series as i type(i'm up to 3x11), i remembered here being better.

I honestly don't see how she did better

It was a stealmate, with the final tidal wave being a bloodlust moment/plot object.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tonraq and unalaq or kya, bumi and tenzin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

As far as Tenzin knew they were dead

Katara grabbed Azula's arm and leg and had her dangling in the air and panicking, Zuko had to come save her. Azula didn't even land a shot on Katara until she double teamed her with Zuko

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@pierpat:

As far as Tenzin knew they were dead

Katara grabbed Azula's arm and leg and had her dangling in the air and panicking, Zuko had to come save her. Azula didn't even land a shot on Katara until she double teamed her with Zuko

I'll rewatch the whole ghazan sequance about that

That was a momentary advantage, we do not know how it would have developed later.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

Considering Azula never had any such advantage, and never even landed a hit, it's enough to say that Katara was doing better in that fight. Sure something could have happened, but we can't debate unknowns

Well Tenzin left Kya and Bumi fighting Ming and Ghazan, then Ming and Ghazan show up and attack him, and Kya and Bumi are gone, what's he gonna think?