Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The siblings of Avatar decide to determine who's family is the best

Team 1: Azula and Zuko(with swords)

Team 2: Lin(police armor) and Suyin(metal clan armor)

Team 3: Tenzin(glider staff) Kya(2 water pouches) and Bumi

Team 4: Tonraq and Unalaq (2 water pouches each)

All teams are in their best condition (this is still teenage Zuko though).

Morals on

Fight takes place in Republic City, 50 feet from the ocean, in perpetual twilight

All teams are familiar with the environment

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

No Bolin and Mako?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: I considered it, but I don't think they're quite on the level of these guys just yet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Okay, that seems fair.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Come on...you must have some thoughts

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well, Mako did beat Ming-Hua...

And Bolin can lavabend now.

I think team 1 takes this.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Yeah, under a specific set of circumstances, and Bolin hasn't really done much with lavabending yet

What do you think gives Team 1 the win?

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: TBH I am doing this off of the virtue of feats. Azula has beat several dai li guards and has given Aang trouble when he had three elements. Zuko is pretty close to her imo.

It's just, we need to see more action from the others before we can say they that they can beat Azula and Zuko.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Beating Dai Li isn't that impressive. When did Azula fight the Dai Li anyway?

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Z___

Team 1.

Lightning & agility ftw.

Z'

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

honestly, i think that team 2 can take it. they are more versatile and have shown to do a shit ton of destruction on their own. plus they have more combat experience than some of the other teams

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: You think their agility is that much better than the airbenders? Lin and Su have shown some good agility too

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By spartankobe

@arcus: I thought she fought them in season 2? I guess I was mistaken. lol

Still, She was able to contend with Katara and give 3 elements Aang huge trouble. Zuko isn't that far behind too and seems to be pretty even with Katara. Those feats alone put them above anyone here.

The others have faced virtually featless or not-that-impressive characters and Tenzin defeated someone who hasn't practiced airbending as much as him.

Just overall, they have way more feats so we can see how powerful they are while Kya can't beat someone who hasn't practiced in thirteen years and lost to Zaheer.

Like I said, let's wait until season 4 and maybe I'll say that another team wins. Right now the others are just not as impressive as Zuko and Azula imho

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By spartankobe

Oh and let's not forget the part where she couldn't bend and dodged Toph's and Aangs attacks. yeah.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: IIRC Katara had the upper hand in their fight in Ba Sing Se. Aang's fighting style is usually what let Azula get the better of him

I wouldn't say losing to Ming Hua is a bad showing for Kya, regardless of practice she was clearly an extremely capable bender. As for Zaheer, he might not have mastered airbending, but he was still able to challenge and/or beat masters of other elements. Tenzin's just has much more knowledge of airbending and how to fight airbenders

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: That's why I said contend. Still, giving the Avatar trouble when he has three elements is still quite impressive, and again, puts her above people here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arcus1

@spartankobe: Aang doesn't always fight particularly smart though. I mean, he should be about as good as Katara at waterbending alone, let alone the other 2 elements, but Katara looked better than Aang when fighting Azula

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MetalJimmor

I'm going to go with Team 3. My first choice would go to Team 2 but being encased in metal is a fairly substantial disadvantage against anyone with lightning based attacks.

Tenzin and Kya are both incredibly competent benders, even if Kya doesn't have much in the way of battles. She honestly surprised me with how strong she was even if she's lost both of her fights. The main reason they get the win from me though is they are using two elements instead of one. Kya can use her waterbending to help deal with Tonraq and Unalaq and Tenzin's airbending is very capable of defending against fire blasts. There's also the fact that airbending excels at defense more than any of the elements here, and in a long, drawn out fight between multiple teams defense tends to come out on top over offense.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Well I still honestly have to say that Azula and Zuko should take this one. I just don't see any of the others as impressive as them.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, because while Azula has shown trouble when dealing with waterbenders, Zuko seems very skilled at the very practice. Also, to me it seems that Benders power level are decreased in LoK as to TLA. Also, Azula is the only one here who wouldn't give a second thought to killing someone, and despite their differences, Zuko and Azula work well together. Bumi is dead weight, Kya is outmatched by other waterbenders, and Su and Lin don't have enough multitasking capability for this fight. It ends. up being Azula and Zuko vs Tonraq and Unaloq, where I would give the fire children the win when Azula busts out that lightning, or Zuko kills one with swords.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

unsure this is a tough fight man good job @arcus

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's between Team 1 and 4. Probably 4 because of bloodbending. (Unless I'm thinking of the wrong people then it goes to Team 1)

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justsomerandomkid: You are definitely thinking of the wrong people. They cannot bloodbend.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Thought the names seemed unfamiliar. I think they're the cheif of the Water Tribes maybe? (The people I was thinking of were Amon and his brother).

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Although they lack the feats, I think team 3 can take it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Arcus1

@killerwasp: thanks

@jacthripper: what makes Zuko seem skilled at taking out waterbenders?

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang's kids could take it. Airbending is a good way to defeat firebenders.

Second place is the Fire Nation Royal siblings.

Third place is Unalaq and Tonraq. Unalaq is especially dangerous because he could destroy their souls with his spirit bending technique.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Top3

Team 1

Team 3

Team 2

Team 4

Water and metal wont fair well with lighting

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: I don't think Unalaq can do that to people, only spirits or people who meditated into the spirit world

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: What makes you say that he can't?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams: He's never done it on people outside the spirit world, and there's no reason to think that he could since it's supposed to work on spirits, not humans

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: I don't think anyone here could just tank lightning, so I don't think the water/metal is going to be too much of an issue

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very interesting lol

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: tought one to call lol. Right now im leaning towards team one . They have the best agility and destructive power as a team. But i could change my answer if anyone provides good arguments for the others. My 2nd place would probably be team 2 but i've seen azula obliterate earth too often to give it to team beifong

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld: Remember team Beifong has metalbending too, and in Republic City there could be a good amount of metal to bend , in addition to cables

Just as another point, we've seen Zuko get put down by airbending repeatedly, and Katara was able to match Azula with waterbending, I wouldn't count the other teams out just yet

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42 Lunacyde  Moderator

Ugh another great one. I'll have to think about it. You always make them so close and balanced it's hard to decide. I can't even go based on who i like more and argue off of that because I love these characters so much.

Right now I see Unalaq and Tonraq falling first, then Lin and Su, then Tenzin, Kya and Bumi leaving Azula and Zuko with the win. They are the best overall balance of skill, power, tactical ability, and physical stats. They have a great deal of versatility, and neither is a weak link.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Haha thanks, I try

Here's some thoughts just to promote some debate:

Zuko and Azula: they probably have the most offensive power of any team, and physically they're a challenge too. It's hard to tell how well they might work together, since they're usually fighting each other. They tend to do very well against earthbenders (and Aang when he's earthbending) but Zuko hasn't always done well against airbenders, and Katara has gotten the better of Azula

Lin and Suyin: they have the best defense here. Earth was already a good defensive element, but metal can be even better. Their unusually agile fighting style combined with traditional earthbending could prove a challenge

Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi: with 2 elements they have the advantage of versatility. They're the only siblings that don't have a history of fighting each other (even if they don't always get along), so that could help with teamwork.

Tonraq and Unalaq: these two perhaps have the most combat experience. Tonraq led military forces in the North, and they both have experience in war as chiefs. Tonraq helped take down the Red Lotus twice, and Unalaq contended with a fully realized Avatar. I see them as the wild cards of this matchup

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jacthripper

@arcus: Zuko has beaten or matched Katara in every encounter, while Azula has struggled with Katara. The only loss was when Katara was amped by the full moon, and after the sun rose he put her down pretty quick.

Also, while Azula and Zuko hate each other, they worked together at Ba Sing Se quite well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: The only reason he won was because she let her guard down. Katara later took him down with one move (he was freezing but still). In the Crystal Catacombs we only see them fighting evenly for a couple seconds, same as Azula was doing at the start of her fight with Katara. None of that seems to suggest that Zuko has some special skill at fighting waterbenders, at least to me

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: He just seems better at it than Azula

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Arcus1

@jacthripper: Maybe, it's hard to tell since they've only had limited fights with one water bender

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: A waterbender who with no traditional training was able to shortly hold off the resident master bender of the northern water tribe.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: I never said they couldn't fight water benders or anything like that, just saying its hard to tell which one is better at fighting water benders when they've had so few times fighting one

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: No one here could tank lightning anyway, so I'm not sure how much the conductivity of water and metal will come into play. Any other reasons why you think team one wins?