• 51 results
Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll [Avatar Battle of the Week] Ozai vs Unalaq (55 votes)

Ozai 62%
Unalaq 38%

Two immensely powerful villains in Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, what do you think would happen if two characters from both shows were put against each other? Arguably two of the strongest villains within the Avatar universe, today's Avatar Battle of the Week will be Firelord Ozai vs Unalaq!

Combatants

vs

Northern Water Tribe

Rules

• Dark Avatar Unalaq (Not Giant Form)
  • Sozin's Comet Enhanced Ozai
  • Random Encounter
  • Bloodlusted
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Unalaq. I want Ozai to win but Unalaq will probably just destroy his soul.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like ozai better than unalaq at bending his natural element but unalaq is a much more knowledgable bender overall and find a way to win, plus he is backed by a spirit

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight. 50/50 shot with an edge to Ozai with the lightning.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm siding with Ozai

KingH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozaii

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pics-wise.. ozai is curbstomping very badly.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Ozai.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Unaloq was probably a more knowledgeable bender, but Ozai was easily a more powerful one. Taking on and almost beating a more skilled Avatar proves this.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonez_

Vaatunalaq could only bend water, and he wasn't really that good in the first place. He was decent. Even after Vaatu.

Ozai was a freaking forestbuster.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 juiceboks  Moderator

Unalaq is getting pretty underrated here. He was able to match Avatar State Korra when she had direct convergence with Rava due to his waterbending alone. Ozai was "beating" Aang because he was too scared to use lethal force..as shown when he could have killed Ozai by redirecting lightning but decided not to. Instead he mostly just used avoidance tactics until he created the earth shield to hide in.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strangely enough, I'm siding with UnaVaatu. His spirit vines are very strong cannot be destroyed and he could destroy Ozai's soul.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@juiceboks: No, Unalaq isn't getting underrated. Ozai has more feats being at the level of power he was in, Unalaq was at standard Vaatu levels for a little over 2 minutes when he fought Korra and overall a little over 5 minutes. They weren't matched when Korra was in Avatar state, she was clearly holding an advantage and the reason they seemed matched at the end was due to her going in and out of avatar state. She also neglected to use any other bending after they locked hands so their water bending was matched and that was when she got her power drained.

@ultrastarkiller said:

Unaloq was probably a more knowledgeable bender, but Ozai was easily a more powerful one. Taking on and almost beating a more skilled Avatar proves this.

Not true, even though Aang was more skilled than Korra he neglected to attack Ozai as ferociously has Ozai did him. Korra was more aggressive than Aang by far who wasn't attacking nearly as often as Ozai was, just cus he was more skilled doesn't mean it prove he was more powerful. What proves that he's more powerful is the fact that he was casually wiping out a forest, flying around at high speeds, blowing up those stone structures they fought on and shot lightning frequently. There is also no reason to believe that Unalaq has more experience bending than Ozai considering Ozai is possibly older, there's no question that he's more powerful so you're correct there.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Strangely enough, I'm siding with UnaVaatu. His spirit vines are very strong cannot be destroyed and he could destroy Ozai's soul.

He didn't use "spirit vines" throughout the fight with Korra until the very end when he took out Raava and he has no feats of destroying souls, just cus he could hurt Raava doesn't mean he's going to do something he's never done before.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: No, Unalaq isn't getting underrated. Ozai has more feats being at the level of power he was in, Unalaq was at standard Vaatu levels for a little over 2 minutes when he fought Korra and overall a little over 5 minutes. They weren't matched when Korra was in Avatar state, she was clearly holding an advantage and the reason they seemed matched at the end was due to her going in and out of avatar state. She also neglected to use any other bending after they locked hands so their water bending was matched and that was when she got her power drained.

No she wasn't..they both dodged and blocked each others blasts and the only time she got the better of him was when she waterbended his whip to bring him down to her. Which he then used to his advantage to overpower her in waterbending. She actually did try and firebend but it was too late and that's when Rava was taken out of her..

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: She landed the first hit and the last hit, they weren't matched overall and Unalaq didn't overpower her with waterbending with which they were nearly matched with Unalaq having only the slightest advantage due to having a a similarly powerful entity inside of him and being a better waterbender in general. Trying to firebend at that point in the fight doesn't count considering she didn't pull it off when she had a chance to.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks: She landed the first hit and the last hit, they weren't matched overall and Unalaq didn't overpower her with waterbending with which they were nearly matched with Unalaq having only the slightest advantage due to having a a similarly powerful entity inside of him and being a better waterbender in general. Trying to firebend at that point in the fight doesn't count considering she didn't pull it off when she had a chance to.

The first "hit" didn't do anything to him at all and there was too much dust for us to see if it made contact, for all we know he could've just blocked it. The last hit was actually used in his favor when he pulled her towards him so he could take out Rava. That is clearly overpowering Korra in waterbending since she tried to fight back but was being pulled in anyway.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

The first "hit" didn't do anything to him at all and there was too much dust for us to see if it made contact, for all we know he could've just blocked it. The last hit was actually used in his favor when he pulled her towards him so he could take out Rava. That is clearly overpowering Korra in waterbending since she tried to fight back but was being pulled in anyway.

The first hit clearly broke his defense and knocked him off of his feet...it was clear that he landed on his ass. He was overpowering Korra due to her going out of Avatar state during that part of the fight. After he puller her in she went back into avatar state and stalemated him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@ancient_0f_days said:

@juiceboks said:

@ancient_0f_days said:

The first hit clearly broke his defense and knocked him off of his feet...it was clear that he landed on his ass. He was overpowering Korra due to her going out of Avatar state during that part of the fight. After he puller her in she went back into avatar state and stalemated him.

I think we're referring to two different parts of a fight..I'm talking about when Rava and Korra converged and broke out of the fissure Unalaq tried to crush Korra in. The only somewhat significant blow she landed against Unalaq at that point was pulling him down with his water whip after freezing it..

They only stalemated for a second..after which Unalaq tore Rava from her body. Which was his plan all along..

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

I think we're referring to two different parts of a fight..I'm talking about when Rava and Korra converged and broke out of the fissure Unalaq tried to crush Korra in. The only somewhat significant blow she landed against Unalaq at that point was pulling him down with his water whip after freezing it..

They only stalemated for a second..after which Unalaq tore Rava from her body. Which was his plan all along..

Nope, I'm referring to the same part where Korra went into avatar state and used a pillar of fire to knock Unalaq on his ass after he tried to crush her. Once again Korra landed more hits and had an advantage when she was in avatar state and using all of her abilities.

They stalemated for a few seconds but that's the point. Korra while in Avatar state was not overpowered by Unalaq...my point still stands.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It's hard for me to say. We really don't get to see anything from Ozai, except when he has a major amp due to Sozin's Comet.

Given his reputation, and the fact I think Unalaq would have trouble with his lightning I am willing to side with Ozai, but there really just isn't enough material to judge upon.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lunacyde  Moderator

It's hard for me to say. We really don't get to see anything from Ozai, except when he has a major amp due to Sozin's Comet.

Given his reputation, and the fact I think Unalaq would have trouble with his lightning I am willing to side with Ozai, but there really just isn't enough material to judge upon.

..........and NVM I just read the OP again and relaized it's Dark Avatar vs. Sozin's Comet Amped Ozai. In this case I am more firm in my belief Ozai should win, although the environment is to unalaq's advantage.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

..........and NVM I just read the OP again and relaized it's Dark Avatar vs. Sozin's Comet Amped Ozai. In this case I am more firm in my belief Ozai should win, although the environment is to unalaq's advantage.

I had the same concern originally since they're surrounded by water and ice, while a definite advantage for Unalaq I think that ice or water will be evaporated during attacks or dodged while Ozai flies around...far from an easy win though.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@etheral_dreams said:

He didn't use "spirit vines" throughout the fight with Korra until the very end when he took out Raava and he has no feats of destroying souls, just cus he could hurt Raava doesn't mean he's going to do something he's never done before.

He created spirit vines to restrain Korra. And he explicitly stated that he could and would destroy Jinora's soul via a darker form the special waterbending technique by which he would turn her positive energy into negative energy. Also, UnaVaatu has power over dark spirits and the environment is to his advantage.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He created spirit vines to restrain Korra. And he explicitly stated that he could and would destroy Jinora's soul via a darker form the special waterbending technique by which he would turn her positive energy into negative energy. Also, UnaVaatu has power over dark spirits and the environment is to his advantage.

you must not have read the OP rules....once again he has no dark soul powers here.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days He has those powers without his giant form.

No he didn't...he didn't use them when he fought Korra. Him pulling Raava out doesn't count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like ozai better than unalaq at bending his natural element but unalaq is a much more knowledgable bender overall and find a way to win, plus he is backed by a spirit

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight said:

This also makes little sense, there is no proof that Unalaq is a more knowledgeable bender (whatever that means). Being backed by a spirit means little here since it doesn't make him a better bender and finding a way to win isn't an argument.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: im just saying unalaq has knowledge or spirit bending and all that and being backed by the anithesis of rava gives him a massive boostin the power department.i believe ozai is strictly a better bender though

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: im just saying unalaq has knowledge or spirit bending and all that and being backed by the anithesis of rava gives him a massive boostin the power department.

Spirit bending has no relevance here and his massive boost in power isn't enough to grant a win here.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: avatar level water bending isnt enough for sozin level firebending?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: hahah well im not entirely convinced but even if im not its still speculation and ozai had better feats than unalaq

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: The fact that his feats are better is my main point.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etheral_dreams said:

you must not have read the OP rules....once again he has no dark soul powers here.

When did I say that? Unalaq has the ability to destroy souls without the giant form. Heck, he almost of destroyed Korra's soul BEFORE he fused with Vaatu.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days said:

@etheral_dreams said:

When did I say that? Unalaq has the ability to destroy souls without the giant form. Heck, he almost of destroyed Korra's soul BEFORE he fused with Vaatu.

@ancient_0f_days See. Now all Unalaq has to do is use his vines to restrain Ozai, vines which are actually spirits which cannot be destroyed, and then proceed to destroy Ozai's soul.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days See. Now all Unalaq has to do is use his vines to restrain Ozai, vines which are actually spirits which cannot be destroyed, and then proceed to destroy Ozai's soul.

Before or after he gets burned alive.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I think dark avatar would stomp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for ronasshattington
RonAsshattington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaatu senses more evil in Ozai's soul, and makes him his new host causing them to annihilate Unalaq

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By GXrevolution96

Ozai wins with moderate difficulty at best. He has Unalaq beat in almost all areas and has more raw power and his attacks have larger AOE. Also, a Non-AS Korra was able to block/nullity his attacks with her fire bending. I can see Ozai vaporising all the water around Unalaq with minimal difficulty, preventing him from creating/maintaining his waterspouts. Most importantly(and this is what I think secures the win)he has the best durability feats by any human character in the either series. By a considerable amount(unless my memory is failing me here). He was able to shrug off multiple AS enhanced air bending attacks(air attacks that were incinerating solid rock) and was able to get up after being battered against pillars(which is very impressive by Avatar standards as we have seen characters incapacitated/KO'd by being slammed against walls/rocks countless times). Not to mention, he was able to outrun Aang for sometime. Unalaq simply does have the offensive out to put him down.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sy8000  Online

Ozai.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Ozai

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai because this says just Unalaq not VaatuUnalaq so Ozai wins because he has his comet.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: don't you wish Ozai had showings outside the comet ?

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd still side with Ozai.