Avatar: Battle of the Unappreciated Masters

• 86 results
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@arcus: Good battle, I'm gonna reread these responses and maybe find a video on the combatants before coming back here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lvenger: Ok cool

Huu can be a little hard to find, YouTube something like Aang Katara vs swamp, it should bring something up

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Arcus1

Bump. Any thoughts @lvenger: , or anyone else?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lvenger

@arcus: Damn I did watch some videos but forgot about this. I think maybe Huu and Jeong Jeong can take it. Jeong seems to be a very underrated firebending master who pulled off some especially great firebending and fire wall feats during the season finale. And Huu seems near impossible to harm without an airbender so maybe if Jeong stops Combustion Man from blowing up Huu, they could take a majority.

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it would come down to several things. Has Jeong Jeong demonstrated any ability to use lightning? Because if so, with his experience (fighting against waterbender and so) he could take Pakku out with a well timed lightning strike - although that would probably take out Huu. If Jeong Jeong hasn't then that could be a big blow for Team 1. I'd class Jeong Jeong as one of the best firebenders of the Avatar series - with the only firebender, in my opinion, to surpass him quite handily is Iroh, so with that in mind I think he could stalemate/defend against Pakku for a while but perhaps would eventually get overpowered by Pakku, depending on who has demonstrated the greatest amount of stamina and durability (which we don't know due to lack of showings/feats for both). However, have to take into account that Pakku, from what we saw in Sozin's comet, did and must of done well to hold his own against amped firebending soldiers.

I honestly believe Combustion Man would overwhelm Huu in a one on one fight, but would perhaps be beaten a solid 6/10 if teamed up by Jeong Jeong who could distract him. Huu's only other hope would be to be able to aim and bend a vine to hit Combustion Man on the right part of the head with enough force to temporarily disable Combustion Man's abilities - however I don't remember Huu possessing that much aim/ability in the series. I think Jeong Jeong would stalemate Combustion Man because Jeong Jeong has shown enough feats and capabilities, in my opinion, to defend against Combustion Man (how Jeong Jeong did when ambushed by Zhao and his soldiers and during Sozin's Comet - taking away the fact he was amped. As well as the fact that Zuko was able to block against Combustion Man, I think, I may be wrong).

In my opinion, Huu (as much as I love him) would be the weak point for Team 1 and therefore for that reason, and the reasons I've given above, I'd give a majority to Team 2. 7/10

Nice battle though.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger:

I pretty much agree with you. I well go on to say that Jeong Jeong probably had the best defensive capabilities of any firebender in the Avatar Universe during his time, with the exception of Iroh possibly.

Avatar image for deactivated-57cdcd63ea836
deactivated-57cdcd63ea836

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huu was taking out tanks in his seaweed armor form and fire didn't even put it down. I'm not sure if combustion man can pierce it, but it can go either way. Whoever gets the first hit. Pakku and Jeong Jeong are an even match. If they decide to take the other on the opposite team, I would give it to Team 1.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: I'd say he has Iroh beat in defense but Iroh surpasses Jeong in offense just.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking team 2, largely due to Combustion Man, but i'm not sure. Their different powers make this hard to call.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenonyte said:

For me it would come down to several things. Has Jeong Jeong demonstrated any ability to use lightning? Because if so, with his experience (fighting against waterbender and so) he could take Pakku out with a well timed lightning strike - although that would probably take out Huu. If Jeong Jeong hasn't then that could be a big blow for Team 1. I'd class Jeong Jeong as one of the best firebenders of the Avatar series - with the only firebender, in my opinion, to surpass him quite handily is Iroh, so with that in mind I think he could stalemate/defend against Pakku for a while but perhaps would eventually get overpowered by Pakku, depending on who has demonstrated the greatest amount of stamina and durability (which we don't know due to lack of showings/feats for both). However, have to take into account that Pakku, from what we saw in Sozin's comet, did and must of done well to hold his own against amped firebending soldiers.

I honestly believe Combustion Man would overwhelm Huu in a one on one fight, but would perhaps be beaten a solid 6/10 if teamed up by Jeong Jeong who could distract him. Huu's only other hope would be to be able to aim and bend a vine to hit Combustion Man on the right part of the head with enough force to temporarily disable Combustion Man's abilities - however I don't remember Huu possessing that much aim/ability in the series. I think Jeong Jeong would stalemate Combustion Man because Jeong Jeong has shown enough feats and capabilities, in my opinion, to defend against Combustion Man (how Jeong Jeong did when ambushed by Zhao and his soldiers and during Sozin's Comet - taking away the fact he was amped. As well as the fact that Zuko was able to block against Combustion Man, I think, I may be wrong).

In my opinion, Huu (as much as I love him) would be the weak point for Team 1 and therefore for that reason, and the reasons I've given above, I'd give a majority to Team 2. 7/10

Nice battle though.

Jeong Jeong has never shown lightning. Pakku might have held his own against soldiers, but there's a big difference between fighting random soldiers and fighting a firebending master, even if those soldiers are enhanced. His water shield collapsed after 1 fire blast, though he didn't have as much water to work with as he would here

I don't think Huu's ever shown that kind of accuracy, not that he would even know to aim there. I've always figured Jeong Jeong could block CM's blasts

How do you think Huu would do against Pakku?

@lvenger said:

@arcus: Damn I did watch some videos but forgot about this. I think maybe Huu and Jeong Jeong can take it. Jeong seems to be a very underrated firebending master who pulled off some especially great firebending and fire wall feats during the season finale. And Huu seems near impossible to harm without an airbender so maybe if Jeong stops Combustion Man from blowing up Huu, they could take a majority.

Jeong Jeong is very underrated. Aang's airbending wasn't significantly harming Huu by itself, it took a combined effort from him and Katara to break through Huu's plant armor. I don't think airbender holds any particular special ability to harm Huu, it just takes a lot of power

Huu was taking out tanks in his seaweed armor form and fire didn't even put it down. I'm not sure if combustion man can pierce it, but it can go either way. Whoever gets the first hit. Pakku and Jeong Jeong are an even match. If they decide to take the other on the opposite team, I would give it to Team 1.

He was largely resistant to fire, but a bomb from the airships landed in his plants and blew apart his armor

@lvenger said:

@laflux: I'd say he has Iroh beat in defense but Iroh surpasses Jeong in offense just.

I agree with this, however the problem with Jeong Jeong is he renounced violence, so we never actually got to see any truly offensive feats for him

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Xenonyte

@arcus said:
@xenonyte said:

Nice battle though.

Jeong Jeong has never shown lightning. Pakku might have held his own against soldiers, but there's a big difference between fighting random soldiers and fighting a firebending master, even if those soldiers are enhanced. His water shield collapsed after 1 fire blast, though he didn't have as much water to work with as he would here

I don't think Huu's ever shown that kind of accuracy, not that he would even know to aim there. I've always figured Jeong Jeong could block CM's blasts

You make some good points. Do you think Pakku could overpower Jeong Jeong if he was near a river/canal? I do agree with people's statement (I think it was Lvenger) that Jeong Jeong is highly underrated as a firebending master - I'd definitely put him in the top 3 of the best firebenders (being bested by Iroh and perhaps even Ozai but that's a subject to discuss for another day).

I see what you're trying to say. Jeong Jeong is known for his defensive capabilities and I think he could stalemate/neutralise most of Combustion Man's attacks. Huu vs Pakku is a difficult one to call on. But taking into account the battle between Aang and Katara vs. Huu, you have to consider that as a feat/showing for Huu to cause both of them so much difficulty. I think Huu could perhaps beat Pakku but only because of his unorthodox way of fighting, using vines, which may give him an upper hand during the fight. I'd give a slight edge to Huu in a 1v1 with Pakku (6/10) but if Huu could beat Pakku then again, like I said before, him and Jeong Jeong could team up to overwhelm Combustion Man. It's a tough call overall seeing as the feats/showings for all the said characters, perhaps excluding Combustion Man, being so limited to work with. But I do love the character selections for each team that you've done for this battle.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenonyte said:

@arcus said:
@xenonyte said:

Nice battle though.

You make some good points. Do you think Pakku could overpower Jeong Jeong if he was near a river/canal? I do agree with people's statement (I think it was Lvenger) that Jeong Jeong is highly underrated as a firebending master - I'd definitely put him in the top 3 of the best firebenders (being bested by Iroh and perhaps even Ozai but that's a subject to discuss for another day).

I see what you're trying to say. Jeong Jeong is known for his defensive capabilities and I think he could stalemate/neutralise most of Combustion Man's attacks. Huu vs Pakku is a difficult one to call on. But taking into account the battle between Aang and Katara vs. Huu, you have to consider that as a feat/showing for Huu to cause both of them so much difficulty. I think Huu could perhaps beat Pakku but only because of his unorthodox way of fighting, using vines, which may give him an upper hand during the fight. I'd give a slight edge to Huu in a 1v1 with Pakku (6/10) but if Huu could beat Pakku then again, like I said before, him and Jeong Jeong could team up to overwhelm Combustion Man. It's a tough call overall seeing as the feats/showings for all the said characters, perhaps excluding Combustion Man, being so limited to work with. But I do love the character selections for each team that you've done for this battle.

It's possible, but not guaranteed. Jeong Jeong controlled a greater amount of fire than just about any other firebender we've seen on ATLA, but Pakku was also very powerful

Yeah, they're showings are limited, but that's also partly why I chose them. Glad you like it

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, any other thoughts?

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sparky Sparky boom Boom Man solos, he is the only character in the series to singlehandedly take on team avatar with a winning edge, and only had one weakpoint. Zuko deflected his blast and got knocked off a ledge. SSBM is the strongest here, and we know that Huu isn't real great against explosives.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Jeong Jeong is perfectly suited to block Combustion Man's blasts

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: With his fire walls. Jeong Jeong is the most defensively oriented fire bender we've seen. Zuko already showed that combustion blasts can be blocked, and Jeong Jeong is much more powerful than Zuko

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The fire walls were used during Sozins Comet, when he was amped.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The fire walls were used during Sozins Comet, when he was amped.

He used it in his first episode too, when he blocked the river.

Sozin's comet doesn't give firebenders new skills, it just enhances their power, so he can make the same walls they just won't be as big

Loading Video...

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The combustion man can't solo, but I still believe his team wins.

Off topic- I'm setting up a tourney tomorrow, are you interested? I can mail you the specs.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. Too much firepower to deal with. And i never seen a fire bender counter explosions.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The combustion man can't solo, but I still believe his team wins.

Off topic- I'm setting up a tourney tomorrow, are you interested? I can mail you the specs.

maybe, what kind of tourney? I'm currently involved in Erik's scenario thing, so I'm not sure if I'd be able to be involved right now

Team 2. Too much firepower to deal with. And i never seen a fire bender counter explosions.

Loading Video...

If Zuko (pre-dragon training Zuko) can block his explosions, I don't see why a defensive master like Jeong Jeong couldn't conceivably block them too

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DeathHero61

@arcus: The explosion he used in that situation is utter weak sauce. He was in close range. If he increased the power he would have screwed himself over as well. He has shown far and i mean far more powerful explosions.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The explosion he used in that situation is utter weak sauce. He was in close range. If he increased the power he would have screwed himself over as well. He has shown far and i mean far more powerful explosions.

I know that. Jeong Jeong is also far more powerful than Zuko.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Thats true but i doubt he is reflecting explosions on the level of maximum magnitude Sparky sparky boom man showed.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus: Thats true but i doubt he is reflecting explosions on the level of maximum magnitude Sparky sparky boom man showed.

I don't see any reason why not, but I guess we don't actually have any proof either way

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: it's a gear tourney, you give street level characters high end weapons, teams of 3. It'll be fun.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: it's a gear tourney, you give street level characters high end weapons, teams of 3. It'll be fun.

I can give it a look

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Storm Calling

Great matchup, but I think Huu needs prep for the vines he'll need to defend against the sort of attacks Combustion Man can unleash. Does he start off with the vines in the plant beast form? I think Jeong Jeong may can defend against CM's attacks, but if Huu goes down early he's going to have too much trouble with Pakku and CM at the same time.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great matchup, but I think Huu needs prep for the vines he'll need to defend against the sort of attacks Combustion Man can unleash. Does he start off with the vines in the plant beast form? I think Jeong Jeong may can defend against CM's attacks, but if Huu goes down early he's going to have too much trouble with Pakku and CM at the same time.

Yeah, he starts off with his swamp monster

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: that sounds cool. I think i wanna join that. Link?

Avatar image for just_passing_by
just_passing_by

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why isn't anyone pointing out the fact that Jeong could literally burn them where they stand..?

He is by far the only fire bender (besides Iroh during the Sozin's comet arc) to have shown to be able to CREATE FIRE BEYOND THE EXTENSION OF HIS BODY..

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#83 Lunacyde  Moderator

I may get heat for this but I see Huu as the weak link here.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: I'm going to open it in about 6 hours when I'm on a PC as to mobile.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Ohhhh you did not just insult Huu....

Lol jk, but why?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

I may get heat for this but I see Huu as the weak link here.

Seriously though, why's Huu the weak link? He was able to hold his own against Katara and Aang, why not Pakku?