• 86 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1

This battle features some of ATLA's bending masters who I feel didn't get the attention they deserved in the show (or who I just like and thought would be good in this battle)

There are two teams. Both teams have had a day to get to know each other. They have in character knowledge of their opponents

Team 1: Jeong Jeong and Huu

Team 2: Pakku and Combustion Man

Fight takes place at the edge of the swamp, in a large open area. Plenty of water and plants. It is perpetual twilight

Which team will emerge victorious?

@dratini1331@joewell@strictlyanime@nighthunder@rbt

@rogueshadow@norrinboltagonprime21@pr0metheus@sophia89@princearagorn1@ssj_god@lvenger

@funsiized@princearagorn1@homicidalmaniac@ssj_god

@redbird3rdboywonder@pierpat@knightofzero

@dccomicsrule2011@lunacyde@sophia89@etheral_dreams@lvenger@wbr17@aressword@killerwasp@jmarshmallow

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team 2

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thelaughingman_aoi
thelaughingman_Aoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 Huu was a master with those vines and his water bending is pretty good. There feats are limited though so it's hard to tell to be honest

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh, well we know jeong and pakku would never fight each other, they'd drink tea and play the white lotus game, thus leaving combustion man and huu, whom i'd give huu the win with his big beast XD. Although one good shot and huu would prolly be koed or dead, so eh not sure. Going with team 1 cause of my love for huu, but i think team 2 wins because of combustion man knowing where to prolly hit huu.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelaughingman_aoi: I think they have enough feats to give us a general idea of how capable they are

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeong Jeong wasn't that impressive outside of the finale. Pakku wasn't either. Huu is above or at least on . However Combustion Man's beams aren't easy to counter without airbending, and none of them have the speed to react to it. Not to mention fire has already wrecked Huu's plants, so I think it would be easy for SSBM's beams to tear through the plants and kill Huu. Jeong Jeong would likely die from a head on explosion.

In short, CM/SSBM solos.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeong Jeong wasn't that impressive outside of the finale. Pakku wasn't either. Huu is above or at least on . However Combustion Man's beams aren't easy to counter without airbending, and none of them have the speed to react to it. Not to mention fire has already wrecked Huu's plants, so I think it would be easy for SSBM's beams to tear through the plants and kill Huu. Jeong Jeong would likely die from a head on explosion.

In short, CM/SSBM solos.

If Zuko was able to block CM's blasts I would think Jeong Jeong could too, since defensive fire walls are his signature move

Pakku might not have had a lot of showings, but he's generally acknowledged as being roughly equal to Katara, if not stronger

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think team 2 would win.

Combustion Man could take Huu. I mean, I love Huu, but one or two good explosions and his vines would be destroyed.

I think Pakku and Jeong are roughly even. But after Combustion Man gets done it'd become a 2 on 1 and they'd overwhelm him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: What if Jeong Jeong takes CM and Pakku takes Huu, or if both teams fight together?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: What gives them the win?

I don't think Huu would do much against the combustion man, he would shoot through the vines and probably overwhelm him.

Joeng Jeong doesn't have many feats but he seems to fight defensively while Pakku seemed to be a bit more aggressive. Although he hasn't done this, Pakku could freeze Jeong Jeong like how Desna and eska froze Mako and Bolin or how Unulaq froze Tonraq.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@joewell said:

Combustion Man could take Huu. I mean, I love Huu, but one or two good explosions and his vines would be destroyed.

I think Pakku and Jeong are roughly even. But after Combustion Man gets done it'd become a 2 on 1 and they'd overwhelm him.

I'm backing this. Combustion Man beating Huu really seals the deal, since Pakku and Jeong are pretty much equals IMO.

Jmarshmallow

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: What if Huu fights Pakku and Jeong Jeong fights Combustion Man, or they fight together?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juiceboks  Moderator

Combustion Man is a master?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Maybe not...but I like him so he's in here :) Plus he counters Jeong Jeong nicely

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Z___

@jmarshmallow said:

@joewell said:

I'm backing this. Combustion Man beating Huu really seals the deal, since Pakku and Jeong are pretty much equals IMO.

Jmarshmallow

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___: Jeong Jeong could probably block CM's blasts, Huu might be able to take Pakku.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Hey! You didn't tag me! lol

I think I have to give it to team 2.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: lol I'll remember next time

Why do you thing team 2?

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: JJ's definitely not blocking. Huu slaughters Pakku if it comes down to it, but probably not because of SM.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Arcus1

@z___: Zuko could block CM's blasts, why not Jeong Jeong, who's much stronger than Zuko?

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: I just think that Combustion Man can keep destroying the vines with his powerful blasts. Then, I think that he can get the upper hand after a dragged out fight.

Then he goes to help Pakku.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: What if Jeong Jeong takes CM, or the pairs work together?

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By spartankobe

@arcus: Then I think JJ would win after a prolonged fight and the vine guy would lose after a prolonged fight with Pakku. Then it's JJ vs Pakku

I think it depends on JJ or Pakku defeating their opponent first if they go after the weaker ones and not themselves.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: What makes you think Pakku could take Huu? Huu was holding his own against both Katara and Aang, could have beaten one or the other

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Z___

@arcus: Yeah, but not for long~ He get's BFR'd then gets shot at again and explodes.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By spartankobe

@arcus:Katara was untrained and Aang only had airbending at the time.

Pakku also beat an arguably better Katara. Remember that North Pole story arc? Katara had some more experience than that time she fought Huu and Pakku beat her and I think he was toying a bit too.

I honestly think Pakku could hold his own for a little while too against the season 1 versions. Also, I'm just really unsure. They both don't have many feats to compare with one another and I just thought that Pakku would win after an extremely difficult fight. I just really don't see Huu winning in the end. Pakku is a White Lotus member that helped retake Ba Sing Se if that counts for anything, and:

Loading Video...

What's even more impressive is that he creates a water wall that is able to withstand the power of a comet amped firebender(I can't tell, is that from just one or multiple?)

I must sleep. I'll speak more tomorrow.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Arcus1

@spartankobe: This was Book 2, after Katara's training

Pakku was definitely toying with her, she had practiced with a waterbending scroll, he was a master. When he was done the fight ended.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Oops. Did I get the order wrong? lol

I forgot that happened in Book 2. Thanks for clearing that up.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: No problem, yeah Katara was definitely trained for that fight

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: What if Huu fights Pakku and Jeong Jeong fights Combustion Man, or they fight together?

I'm not sure how long Jeong Jeong could hold out against Combustion Man, he could block it like Zuko but there is a huge knockback which could allow combustion man to beat him.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

I'm not sure how long Jeong Jeong could hold out against Combustion Man, he could block it like Zuko but there is a huge knockback which could allow combustion man to beat him.

Maybe. Jeong Jeong's a master though, who's specialty is defensive firebending. I'd assume he'd do better than Zuko at blocking

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:
@arcus said:

Maybe. Jeong Jeong's a master though, who's specialty is defensive firebending. I'd assume he'd do better than Zuko at blocking

True, but there should be knock back of some kind.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Maybe, but I doubt it'll be anything like Zuko's. Remember, Jeong Jeong can also push his walls forward to help counter the force of the combustion blast

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2. I don't see Huu beating a waterbending master as skilled as Pakku, nor will he beat Combustion Man. Jeong Jeong should be able to stalemate either of Team 2; Huu is definitely the weak link.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In short, CM/SSBM solos.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Huu took on Katara (after she had mastered waterbending) and Aang at the same time and fought them to a stalemate. He's stronger than you're giving him credit for

Avatar image for jr_avatarexpert
JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JR_AvatarExpert

Definitely team 2. I could explain more if you ask me why.

Edit: lol for some reason when I read it I saw Master Piandao not Master Pakku. Lol. Yeah team 2 crushes team 1 now.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it were Master Piandao instead of Master Pakku then this could be a much closer fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: It would be closer because right now Pakku beats Huu and CM beats Jeong Jeong. Not very fair.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@stormdriven: Huu took on Katara (after she had mastered waterbending) and Aang at the same time and fought them to a stalemate. He's stronger than you're giving him credit for

A Katara who hadn't done much yet in her tenure as a new water bending master, and an Aang who had only mastered air. It's an impressive feat, for that time anyway. Combustion Man fought Aang while he was a master of air, water, and was a proficient earthbender, as well as fighting the rest of the group later in the series. Pakku is a waterbending master who's only equal would probably be Katara (although Katara might be ahead due to bloodbending). Huu isn't going to beat either one of Team 2, while Jeong Jeong can stalemate.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jr_avatarexpert: I think both of those are debatable. Huu fought both Aang and Katara to a draw, why couldn't he handle Pakku. Jeong Jeong is one of the few benders with a viable defense against Combustion Man

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Katara was advanced enough that Pakku called her a master and trusted her to finish training Aang. Why does the time she had been a master make a difference?

Aressword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will have to say team 1, I'm sure jeong could deal with combustion man, and huu would be able to keep pakku busy enough for it to be a two on one against combustion whom we'd assume hasn't defeated jeong nor has jeong defeated him.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@stormdriven: Katara was advanced enough that Pakku called her a master and trusted her to finish training Aang. Why does the time she had been a master make a difference?

Because she doesn't have her feats from later in the series. She became much more impressive later on. Her feats from later can't be applied to that time, because we don't know if she could have performed them or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pakku is better than Huu IMO. Hes one of the masters of the White Lotus and we know that they're the best of the best aside from team avatar. And also you have to remember aang and katara had no idea what they were up against which is why Huu was doing well against them, but the minute they realized there was a person they swiftly ended the fight

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: But she didn't learn new stuff to allow her to perform these feats, why wouldn't she have been able to do them?