• 63 results
#1 Edited by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight till TKO or Death

IN character

This is adult Aang

Aang can go avatar state.

Xmen believe that Aang has professor prisoner.

Aang beleive that the Xmen have taken Kitara so he is semi bloodlusted

Battle field Along the Mississippi river.

Aang can redirect lightning.

Aang can blood bend

#2 Edited by NeonGameWave (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang and Storm stalemate, Wolverine is a non-factor.

#3 Posted by Sissel (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang lose in my opinion. Storm is too powerful for him without his avatar state. Storm should be restrained since she is the heavy hitter in the team.

#4 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

1v1 Aang is much stronger than storm. Aang can easily Redirect lighting he is also shown to be very mobile. i think a few rocks to the back of storm head would to the trick

#5 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35 said:

1v1 Aang is much stronger than storm. Aang can easily Redirect lighting he is also shown to be very mobile. i think a few rocks to the back of storm head would to the trick

Lol. You can't be serious with this.

STORM SOLOS.

Even in the avatar state Storm is more powerful than Aang. Her easiest option is to just hit him with 10 lightning bolts simultaneously and he is done. There is nothing he can do.

#6 Posted by BlackWind (5518 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@darkelf35 said:

STORM SOLOS.

Even in the avatar state Storm is more powerful than Aang. Her easiest option is to just hit with 10 lightning bolts simultaneously and he is done. There is nothing he can do.

Seriously, how many times have I seen you prove the overrated Aang is no match for Storm?

#7 Posted by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang without Avatar state is really outmatched by Storm. 12 year old Aang bloodlusted in Avatar state could stomp this, though.

#8 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@darkelf35 said:

STORM SOLOS.

Even in the avatar state Storm is more powerful than Aang. Her easiest option is to just hit with 10 lightning bolts simultaneously and he is done. There is nothing he can do.

Seriously, how many times have I seen you prove the overrated Aang is no match for Storm?

Lol...I just don't know why this battle keeps coming up. Maybe I should post a link to the other 10 Storm vs Avatar threads just to save time and typing lol.

#9 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops solos

Storm curbstomps

#10 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

fine i gave him avatar state

#11 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

Aang without Avatar state is really outmatched by Storm. 12 year old Aang bloodlusted in Avatar state could stomp this, though.

No he couldn't. 12 year old or adult Aang wit hthe avatar state and bloodlusted still loses to Storm.

Aang has no feats to prove he would beat Storm, let alone get blasted into oblivion by a bloodlusted visor removing Cyclops.

#12 Posted by BlackWind (5518 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, I bet there are people who think the Avatar State will give him a chance against Zeus.

#13 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang's wind alone is strong enough to sheer mountains and destroy bedrock by touching it, on top of being able to shred her with Earth shrapnel that itself can tear through said bedrock and cliff faces. She'd be hard pressed to hit him with anything short of lightning, which he can redirect at her anyhow.

Adult Aang would be a worse stomp seeing as he can blood bend as well.

Cyclops has a shot at blasting and taking him out since Aang's air shield has limited durability tests, but if Aang was trying to kill a dude he could just, you know, start the fight off by turning the ground underneath them into a pitfall while Cyclops goes to take off his visor. It's a "who draws first" scenario, distance could be a key factor too.

#14 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35 said:

fine i gave him avatar state

He still dies.

There is nothing in his arsenal that Storm can't counter or deflect, and she can unleash a lightning barrage that he can't counter (among other options). His best hope is to try and shield himself with earth but he would first have to react in time to counter lightning that he has no way of knowing when or how many bolts are coming from the air, and even then Storm's bolts have punched though concrete and earth easily with morals on. Morals off....he gets incinerated by 60,000 degree bolts.

Cyclops is also a problem since Aang likely won't be able to dodge a visor-off beam and Scott's beams can easily punch through earth as well.

#15 Posted by BlackWind (5518 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang would be hard pressed just matching a half serious Storm. And I'd love to see Aang block a GET OFF MAH LAWN blast from Cyclops.

Wolverine can just be a distraction.

#16 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

Aang's wind alone is strong enough to sheer mountains and destroy bedrock by touching it, on top of being able to shred her with Earth shrapnel that itself can tear through said bedrock and cliff faces. She'd be hard pressed to hit him with anything short of lightning, which he can redirect at her anyhow.

Adult Aang would be a worse stomp seeing as he can blood bend as well.

Nope. Everything you have posted has already been debated on A LOT and these arguments failed because it's speculation.

1) Aang cannot and has not blood-bended so that isn't happening. It's speculation and not permitted in battle forums.

2) He has no wind/air feats remotely close to what Storm has accomplished with her wind manipulation. His compressed air blasts ripped away that earth pillar in the final episode, which is impressive, but PALES in comparison to tornado force winds that ripped the face off a massive vibranium enhanced automaton that had the ability to adapt to Storm's powers...and was still destroyed anyway. I could go on. She has a lot more impressive feats with air than Aang or any avatar has had in the show.

3) Her winds have deflected powerful energy forces, and her control over air pressure is such that she creatred a dome of intense air pressure strong enough to punch through the top of a mountain. His earth projectiles will not be a problem for her to defend against.

4) She would not be hard pressed to hit him at all. Her powers work at the speed she thinks it. She can think manipulate the pressure in his inner ear to cause him excruciating pain and that would be it. She can crush his body with air pressure. She can dro pthe temperature in tha atmosphere around 200 degrees, which would be competely debilitating to Aang. Aang has to perform bending techniques to accomplish most of his element manipulation so he has no advantage in speed.

He is NOT as powerful as Storm and she has the right powerset to end him by herself.

#17 Edited by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxHbRIUHwhE

first fight is aang

#18 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thing is Aang has better control of the elements than Strom does While she can control Wind quite well he can control everything

#19 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35 said:

The Thing is Aang has better control of the elements than Strom does While she can control Wind quite well he can control everything

#20 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen every episode of AVLAB and LoK. It doesn't change the outcome.

If Storm chooses to end him with lightning this is what Aang is about to get:

Multiple bolts of lightning from multiple angles at the same time. Unfortunately Aang is not as durable or as powerful asn the clone of Thor.
Lighnting bolt that instantly incinerated the Brood to bones.
Massive lightning bolt easily obliterates a planet destroying gun.
Muliple simultaneously lightning bolts that overloads and destroys the demon Nastirh
Single lightning bolt that branches out to multiple arcs of lightning to take out numerous doom bots.
Lightning striking from all around super humanly durable Gene National
Combo of hand and sky lightning hulred with such precision to destroy earth tendrils holding Ainet but doesn't harm her.

This is not getting into her wind and temperature manipulation feats. Aang loses.

#21 Posted by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Give me the scan of the face ripping. You make it sound like the automaton's vibranium was damage, which is absolutely absurd sounding. If it was just fake flesh then that's hardly impressive. If you can tell me what she was blowing away with just her wind was stronger than 10 feet of solid rock then I'll give it to you that her wind powers are stronger.

Anyhow, I'll cede it to you if you think Storm would solo. I imagine the scenario in my head where Aang just pancakes them at the start of the fight with two huge slabs of earth too big to dodge, but eh, whatever.

#22 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkelf35 said:

He can control more elements but he does not have better control over their mutual element of air, and the only thing he can do with moisture that she can't is animate it. Lightning>Fire and Storm has more raw power than Aang and can do things that he can't either (i.e - weaponize thunderclaps, generate storms, manipulate atmospheric temperature, manipulate pressure gradients, etc.). His versatilty does not help him here.

#23 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Give me the scan of the face ripping. You make it sound like the automaton's vibranium was damage, which is absolutely absurd sounding. If it was just fake flesh then that's hardly impressive. If you can tell me what she was blowing away with just her wind was stronger than 10 feet of solid rock then I'll give it to you that her wind powers are stronger.

Anyhow, I'll cede it to you if you think Storm would solo. I imagine the scenario in my head where Aang just pancakes them at the start of the fight with two huge slabs of earth too big to dodge, but eh, whatever.

It was a massive metal (likely steel) doom created kracken looking robot that was enhanced by vibranium. Even at full power none of the wakandan's advanced weaponry could damage it. In the end Storm's raw power actually destroyed it, with her lighnting blasting a hole in it's chest and her winds ripping it's face off.

#24 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

That picture is pretty ambiguous about what's causing it to break apart. The wind seems to be tearing it's teeth out but I'm not sure what level of strength that is or if it's not just being torn asunder by lightning and having the pieces swept up by wind.

As I said, young Aang in avatar state's best chance is to just either upend and smash them with the ground they start on, or impale them all with earth at the start of the fight (kind of gruesome, but with the level and range of fine manipulation he's shown it's hardly a question of ability). Who can shoot first, I guess.

#25 Edited by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@darkelf35 said:

STORM SOLOS.

Even in the avatar state Storm is more powerful than Aang. Her easiest option is to just hit him with 10 lightning bolts simultaneously and he is done. There is nothing he can do.

^This.
#26 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

That picture is pretty ambiguous about what's causing it to break apart. The wind seems to be tearing it's teeth out but I'm not sure what level of strength that is or if it's not just being torn asunder by lightning and having the pieces swept up by wind.

As I said, young Aang in avatar state's best chance is to just either upend and smash them with the ground they start on, or impale them all with earth at the start of the fight (kind of gruesome, but with the level and range of fine manipulation he's shown it's hardly a question of ability). Who can shoot first, I guess.

There is nothing ambiguous about the image and Aang loses in a quickdraw match as well. Storm's powers work faster (just has to think and it's done) than Aang's physical movements to bend.

It's clear that the bolt of lightning is damaging it's chest and that the wind has half the face and teeth being ripped away. It wouldn't make much sense to have the teeth being torn out but not the face that is more exposed to the wind force? There is no lightning touching it's face. It's only the wind. Regardless of the force not being mentioned enhanced vibranium metal alloy >>> than earth. Storm has instantly generated EF5 tornado force and has generated wind forces that have redirected powerful energy, and that is also greater than any force of wind Aang has demonstrated on the show.

Aang does not have the reaction speed to even pull off trying to smash them all with earth. Storm's powers work at the speed she thinks and has generated a pressure dome that has punched through the top of a mountain with no difficulty and it took no time to create, and can fly them all out of harms way at the same time. She can blast through earth with lightning and so can Cyclops. And Scott is very fast on the draw while Aang has to perform bending techniques to execute the vast majority if not all of his bending.

Storm does not need the other X-Men to be present. She stomps here very effectively by herself.

#27 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm has always had to wind up her blasts and draw them from around her. I've seen the "as fast as she thinks" argument before but that always seemed really disingenuous when there's almost always a wind up and a speech. Even in that scan you just posted she's spending the first panels talking and doing hand motions the same way Aang would. I understand her powers START working as fast as she thinks, but they usually take time to coalesce, don't they? It's not like the clouds that are shooting the lightning (or even the lightning she generates from the air around her) are all instantly formed.

I think people really overestimate how fast Storm's powers take to execute. Aang has the detriment of his media being live and fluid so we get a timescale of having to raise his hand up. When has Storm instantly struck someone with lightning as fast as she could think without it swirling around her or her summoning in clouds first? Could she do it faster than Aang could blood bend and break her neck or raise the earth beneath her with one hand wave? I'm skeptical.

#28 Posted by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced: No people don't, you're just misinformed. Her powers work at the speed of thought.
#29 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course her powers work at the speed of thought, everyone's powers work at the speed of thought unless they're automatic, my point is how fast do they come into effect once she thinks of using it. Lightning doesn't shoot out of thin air with no clouds or build up because she thinks it, she thinks about forming it, then aims and fires (or against big targets the lightning just does its thing). Show me a scan of her lightning hitting something without her doing hand motions or pulling clouds together in the sky before letting it loose.

If you think Aang can't blood bend (I disagree) then you're probably right that Storm should win, I just see this "as fast as thought" thing brought up with no actual evidence. I haven't read every single X-Men comic so I'm ready and willing to be proven wrong, it's just that everything I've ever seen of Storm has her winding up or doing motions before she uses lightning or wind powers.

I'm not misinformed. I'm asking to be informed and no one shows me anything other than telling me to take their word for it. Please inform me.

#30 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

you are forgetting this fight is in character...there is no way Storm would Smite Aang right away

#31 Posted by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced said:

Of course her powers work at the speed of thought, everyone's powers work at the speed of thought unless they're automatic, my point is how fast do they come into effect once she thinks of using it. Lightning doesn't shoot out of thin air with no clouds or build up because she thinks it, she thinks about forming it, then aims and fires (or against big targets the lightning just does its thing). Show me a scan of her lightning hitting something without her doing hand motions or pulling clouds together in the sky before letting it loose.

If you think Aang can't blood bend (I disagree) then you're probably right that Storm should win, I just see this "as fast as thought" thing brought up with no actual evidence. I haven't read every single X-Men comic so I'm ready and willing to be proven wrong, it's just that everything I've ever seen of Storm has her winding up or doing motions before she uses lightning or wind powers.

#32 Posted by Qpzmg (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang.

#33 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that just normal wind and clouds around her or was she pulling that together in anticipation of a fight? If not you got me, lightning at will, should definitely kill Aang since he hasn't shown psychic/motionless blood bending like Amon. Aang would have to be bloodlusted and morals off and Storm playing it normal for him to win.

#34 Edited by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced said:

Is that just normal wind and clouds around her or was she pulling that together in anticipation of a fight? If not you got me, lightning at will, should definitely kill Aang since he hasn't shown psychic/motionless blood bending like Amon. Aang would have to be bloodlusted and morals off and Storm playing it normal for him to win.

That's not clouds, that's rubble from Storm moments ago "instantly" conjuring a tornado to clear the building.
#36 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced: No her powers do not take time to execute. The onyl instances where it WOULD take time is if she is creatign unnatural or large scale weather effects. Just because she is speaking on panel and is using hand movement does not mean her powers require that. At all. Her powers are psionic and all character with mental powers use their hands eve nthoguh they don't have to. Most comic panles with look pretty boring if the characters are just standing there and not doung any movement ot keep the panel interesting.

To answer your question more thourghly NO, she does not have to take any time to generate her weather effects. They happen as fast as she thinks it:

No hand movement needed and counter's Cyclop's blast at point blank range with lightning, The bolt materialized instantly.
Lands in the center of 5 armed men and rapidly takes them out with lightning bolts n quick succession. None of them had time to do anything about it.
Drops the temperature insde a gun 200 degrees beforethe trigger could be pulled.
Tornado BFR of Rogue (with Ms.Marvel powers that includes superhuman reaction time) before she even realized what was happening to her.
instant tornado BFR of the X-Men under the influence of Shadow King.

There is no exaggeration of Storm's ability to execute her powers as fast as she thinks it.

The only overestimation taking place here is what people think Aang can do.Please show me an image of video clip or refer me to an epsode where Aang blood bends? He has never done and CANNOT do it.

#37 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

What? You have to be able to bloodbend to counter blood bending. He breaks Yakone's bloodbending before taking away his bending.

Unless you think the Avatar state magically makes you immune to enemy bending (obviously not true), great waterbenders are unable to counter bloodbending unless they can use the skill themselves (Amon vs Tarlok, Katara vs Hag, Hag vs Aang, Tarlok vs Korra). It's obvious why Aang wouldn't use it aggressively because he's not evil as heck, though.

If you don't think that's evidence he can then we'll have to agree to disagree.

edit: all your scans besides the first have explicit hand motions in them. I addressed the first one because it was posted already.

#38 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Qpzmg said:

Aang.

He loses.

@Dredeuced said:

He would still lose. Storm doesn't need to be willign to kill him to stop him.

@Dredeuced said:

I'm not misinformed. I'm asking to be informed and no one shows me anything other than telling me to take their word for it. Please inform me.

I have been providing evidence to back up what I have stated ( Strom Calling was much faster though lol). I was putting togehter multiple examples of her powers being executed at the speed she thinks it and on varying scales. Sotmr can pull electrcity form the ari arounf them. She doesn't have to create clouds first. She has done this underground, in buildings, or being outside and creating lightnign but not needing to generate clouds first.

And Aang cannot blood bend. Besides the fact that he was completely agasint it he has never demonstrated blood, bending metal bending or lightning generation. He has done notthing to suggest he knows how and no avatar before him has done this.

#39 Posted by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

Except for the time where he demonstrated blood bending by countering a blood bender who was blood bending him. He's never shown aggressive blood bending, he has shown defensive blood bending.

#40 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

What? You have to be able to bloodbend to counter blood bending. He breaks Yakone's bloodbending before taking away his bending.

Unless you think the Avatar state magically makes you immune to enemy bending (obviously not true), great waterbenders are unable to counter bloodbending unless they can use the skill themselves (Amon vs Tarlok, Katara vs Hag, Hag vs Aang, Tarlok vs Korra). It's obvious why Aang wouldn't use it aggressively because he's not evil as heck, though.

If you don't think that's evidence he can then we'll have to agree to disagree.

edit: all your scans besides the first have explicit hand motions in them. I addressed the first one because it was posted already.

Aang has never blood bended. Period. You have no idea how he was able to break the hold. It's speculation. In fact he was successfully dropped by blood bending while they were in court before he managed to break through it the 2nd time. Go back and read all of the scans.

1) You were provided proof that hand movement is not required. Storm Calling even gave you another scan of Storm taking down Rogue with lightning from a cloudless sky and NO HANDS. Quit reaching.

2) The point of the scans was to prove that she can execute her powers as soon as she thinks it. We see her creating tornadoes with no clouds being generated first, tornadoes using the limited air on the moon and the winds reach the speed of a tornado in the time it takes to blink. That's instant. Several of the scans state "in literal blink of an eye". That's faster than bending techniques. She is freezing Colossus with an ice storm in the literal blink of an eye (mixing humidity and air that quickly), taking out 5 targets with guns in their hands before that could do anything with lightnign from the air around them, and dropped the temperature in guys gun before he could even pull the trigger.

How about you give some proof of how Aang is faster than that?

#41 Edited by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced said:

Except for the time where he demonstrated blood bending by countering a blood bender who was blood bending him. He's never shown aggressive blood bending, he has shown defensive blood bending.

Aang didn't even know about the bloodbending until he used it on him. And he was powerless to stop Yakone from controlling him until he tapped into the Avatar State. That does NOT prove that Aang can bloodbend, it proves that he has some defense to the technique with the Avatar state. When Korra had her bending stripped from her, she had no waterbending at all to perform the feat, yet the Avatarstate still was able to restore her bending. Katara, who was a powerful bloodbender, couldn't even restore her bending at that point.
#42 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even see Storm Calling's second post because I responded to the PM I got from you followed by the huge (irrelevant) picture dump. Tornados don't need clouds to exist in the real world, I wasn't talking about Tornados. In all of those scans she is EXPLICITLY moving her hands, but Storm Calling provided ones where she didn't and I ceded the point. You're harping for no reason, back off dude.

Like I said, it's pretty freaking obvious to me that Aang broke it with blood bending. Avatar mode has no physical resistances to speak of in any of its showings. All it does is amp your bending prowess, which would allow you to, you know, out bloodbend a master bloodbender. The only shown counter in the show (several times mind you) to blood bending is another blood bender. Katara, Aang, and Korra were all excellent waterbenders who were helpless against blood bending (until Katara herself learned it and countered it). The only stated limits to blood bending is being powerful enough to use it without a full moon (Avatar state grants a huge power boost, go figure).

You have to make a decision, otherwise it makes no sense that Aang could break out of Yakone's grip -- Avatar state counters blood bending naturally, or Aang could blood bend with the Avatar state up. Since I KNOW that blood bending counters blood bending, whereas Avatar state hasn't shown any form of resistance to anything, it seems fairly obvious to me that Aang could do it. But now we're just arguing a show and not the battle, I agreed a bloodlusted morals off Storm would lightning him as fast as he could think, so on even ground Storm is more powerful.

@Storm Calling said:

@Dredeuced said:

Aang didn't even know about the bloodbending until he used it on him. And he was powerless to stop Yakone from controlling him until he tapped into the Avatar State. That does NOT prove that Aang can bloodbend, it proves that he has some defense to the technique with the Avatar state. When Korra had her bending stripped from her, she had no waterbending at all to perform the feat, yet the Avatarstate still was able to restore her bending. Katara, who was a powerful bloodbender, couldn't even restore her bending at that point.

This is a lie, Aang obviously knew about bloodbending before Yakone used it on him because it appeared in the first series where the old hag specifically bloodbent him and Sokka to attack Katara.

Your second point makes no sense. The avatar state reversed her connection being cut off. It didn't stop her actively being blood bent because she never used it against someone blood bending her.

#43 Posted by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced:

#44 Edited by Dredeuced (5325 posts) - - Show Bio

I addressed that. I was making that post in response to Thunderbolt and it showed up after your post. I'm done arguing with you two, it's pointless and fruitless. Have a nice day. Storm wins.

#45 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

No one is harping. You are DESPERATELY reaching with nonsense claims of what Aang HAS NOT DONE to make an argument for how you think he would win. Get over the fact that Aang NEVER blood bended. It never happened. You are assuming (what you have been doing since you started posting in this thread) that he broke the blood bend by doing it himself despite the fact he has never done prior or after.

And if you actually know about tornadoes please tell me what real world tornado happened that didn't spawn out from storm cloud? Not a dust devil but an actual cloudless tornado? Not that it's relevant to the point of my post, but I'm just curious.

You were trying to make a claim about Storm's power needing time to coalesce and you were given multiple examples of her executing lightning from the air, temperature drops, tornadoes and flash freeze effects without needing time to coalesce anything. That was the point of the scans and in repsonse to your post.

#46 Posted by ShootingNova (15546 posts) - - Show Bio

What harping? I don't see any harping at all in this thread.

Honestly though, what can adult Avatar Aang do? In the Avatar State.

#47 Edited by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dredeuced said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Dredeuced said:

This is a lie, Aang obviously knew about bloodbending before Yakone used it on him because it appeared in the first series where the old hag specifically bloodbent him and Sokka to attack Katara.

Your second point makes no sense. The avatar state reversed her connection being cut off. It didn't stop her actively being blood bent because she never used it against someone blood bending her.

Ok now I can see why Thunderbolt is a little agitated with you.

I actually meant that he didn't know Yakone could bloodbend without a full moon(which was actually a new technique at the time). However, I think considering the case they were doing, he probably had some idea that he could. In either case, he didn't really have an ability to counter the bloodbending until he went into the Avatar state, and we don't know what he used to counter this ability. Second point: Amon used bloodbending to cut off their connection to the elements, and this technique was irreversible by even the most powerful and advanced water/Bloodbender in the series. So there is no proof that he used water bending to counter the bloodbending, just like there is no proof that it was waterbending that restored her connection to the elements, considering it had been severed at the time when they were restored.
#48 Edited by Storm Calling (3542 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd also like to point out that Katara was able to counter Hama's bloodbending before she even learned how to bloodbend at that point. She simply had to be a more powerful bender to counteract the attack, which she stated to Hama(the old hag) herself.

#49 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang knocks out storm with a rock

#50 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10004 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol...be a good sport. Don't be sore because Aang loses.