Avatar Aang vs. Master Qui-gon Jinn

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Edude117

Poll Avatar Aang vs. Master Qui-gon Jinn (16 votes)

Qui-gon Jinn 69%
Aang 31%

Both are at their primes.

They fight on a rocky island surrounded by water.

Aang has his original staff and Qui-gon has his lightsaber.

Aang does not have access to Appa.

Morals are off.

Who wins and why?

• 
rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 rogueshadow  Moderator

Force choke.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I don't think Qui-gon knew Force choke as it was a Dark Side ability.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@edude117: It's not actually an ability in the same way lightning is, it's just telekinesis aimed precisely at the winpipe. You should ban force techniques that tamper with the internal biology of the opponent, that's what I usually do in Star Wars threads. Morals off Qui-Gon will force choke.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Edude117

@rogueshadow said:

@edude117: It's not actually an ability in the same way lightning is, it's just telekinesis aimed precisely at the winpipe. You should ban force techniques that tamper with the internal biology of the opponent, that's what I usually do in Star Wars threads. Morals off Qui-Gon will force choke.

I mean, despite that making sense, I believe Force choke requires the user to know a specific technique in telekinesis... a Dark Side technique. I dunno, I may be wrong. But you're right about the internal biology factor. Qui-gon'd just crush his trachea or heart before Aang could even do anything. Let me edit that in.

EDIT: Whelp, I can't. Haha Okay, so Qui-gon cannot screw with Aang's internal biology in this fight.

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By deathstroke19

@rogueshadow: exactly. Morals off the Jedi lose what they call their honor and can basically do anything they want to the avatar through the force. Also, I'm not trying to underestimate Aang but Jinn can basically block anything that's thrown at him through the force. I'm not even going into EU but just through the movies we are able to see force users block incoming rocks (earth), force pushes (air), and I'm sure they would have little to no difficulty blocking water and fire. So Jinn takes a 9.5/10 majority because Im not underestimating Aang and i know what he's capable of.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Edude117

So, if Jinn takes this so easily, is there a Jedi/Sith out there that would have trouble against Aang? Also, let's remember that Aang can go into his Avatar state (later on in the series, he learns how to do this at will). He's reeeeeeeaaaaaaaallly powerful in that state. Jsing...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

@edude117: I don't think Jinn takes it easily, I think he can win, but not in a stomp.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Edude117

@rogueshadow: What about Aang vs. Boba Fett in his standard gear? Boba's standard armor is 100% fireproof, fyi. And he's taken down powerful Force users before.

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about EU Star Wars, so until i know more, i say Aang wins. Haven't seen anything from Qui that says he should be able to repel a Tsunami

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Very interesting battle depends who strikes first