#1 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang is limited to airbending.

Current Percy.

The fight takes place in the middle of nowhere. 15 feet in front of a river.

Percy has riptide, Aang has his staff.

Morals on.

Win by KO or death.

Let the match begin.

#2 Posted by joewell (6489 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Ok, i can't give you any videos until the weekend but i'll back up every thing then

So i'm guessing your strategy is gonna be get Percy in the water and attack with water blasts and Riptide right? But then what? Aang can dodge every attack Percy throws at him. That is his specialty. Aang can run up to him in the airball at 70mph and K.O. him with one or two hits with the staff. He can easily disarm Percy ( until it returns ) with air and launch him into the air. I don't see how Percy could even get close to him.

#3 Edited by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Aang is usually good at dodging, but he's been unable to dodge attacks before. Like the time when Azula was charging towards him with blue fire & he covered himself with crystal. When she shot the fire he didn't even have time to react before it incapacitated him for a while. Shown here at 2:18.

Airballs at 70 mph are nothing to Percy. Remember the time in Titan's curse, on page 168, when the skeleton warrior shot at him with a pistol and he reacted to it without many issues at all? An airball will mean nothing.

How does Aang KO Percy with a few hits from a staff? Towards the end of the titan's curse, Percy was tanking hits from Atlas, who can hold the sky for an eternity. Aang has been immobilized by normal ropes.

Percy also has air manipulation. If you remember page 246 of the last olympian, Percy created a hurricane under his own power. From what was shown there, his wind manipulation possibly exceeds Aang's.

When Percy is on water, his speed increases exponentially. He's already at bullet-level speed on land. On water his speed will be so much higher.

Percy created a shield of water in the last olympian that blocked hundreds of projectiles. In the vid above, it's shown that a shield of water can block the elements.

Aang has been KOed by slamming into a wall. Shown here at around 0:45.

Percy would have no trouble knocking out Aang with the simplest blow.

Back to you.

#4 Posted by morgrim (1029 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a demigod win as percy can keep up and with water he can ground aang

#5 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: Did you forget about this?

#6 Posted by joewell (6489 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Yeah, i think i'm gonna have to forfeit. Sorry and i hope you win many more

#7 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: No problem. :)

#8 Posted by jamesbyng188 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Which version of Aang is this?

#9 Posted by The Stegman (25487 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, limiting Aang to airbending, this could be a good fight. 

#10 Posted by austyn12090 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Aang have avatar state?

#11 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@jamesbyng188: What do you mean?

#12 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Sarcasm?

#13 Posted by The Stegman (25487 posts) - - Show Bio
@logy5000: No, I'm serious, this could be a very good fight, I'm not sure who'd win, athough, I guess it depends on how large the nearby river is, and if Percy can actually catch the agile Aang. 
#14 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Personally, I think Percy without water vs Aang limited to air is a better fight. Percy does have reaction speed feats that suggest he can catch Aang.

#15 Posted by The Stegman (25487 posts) - - Show Bio
@logy5000: I'm not too well versed on Percy, I've only read the first two books...I've been meaning to read more, but laziness has kicked in. 
#16 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: The reaction feat I'm thinking of takes place in the 3rd. His best feats are in the 5th.

It's a good series in the end, though it can be slow at times.

#17 Posted by jamesbyng188 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Which version of aang is it? Is it him after he got out of the ice berg? Or after the fall of Ba Sing Sei? Or after Ozi was defeated. Or when he was an adult? Does he have the avatar state?

#18 Posted by logy5000 (6064 posts) - - Show Bio

@austyn12090: No.

#19 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Percy has heightened reflexes, he has deflected bullets and in water, has god level physical attributes.