ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElmoHump

Main Idea

What happens when two unstoppable forces collide with each other?

The Hulk and Atrocitus randomly run into each other in an evacuated Crime Alley because I'm way too lazy to search for a battle location right now.

This thread is not duplicate to any other so I doubt it's gonna get closed down.

Rules

• Morals on for both sides.

• New 52 and Pre 52 Atrocitus feats allowed.

• Most current Hulk even though they've never really had a reboot.

• No prep for the either sides.

• Random encounter for both sides.

• Feats only from mentioned versions.

• Battle takes place in Crime Alley.

Crime Alley

No Caption Provided

Atrocitus (New 52)

No Caption Provided

The Hulk (Marvel Now)

No Caption Provided

And so it begins..

READ THE GOD DAMNED OP..

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus.

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus instantly realizes his rage capabilities and tries to run him into a red lantern. The ring immediately takes hulk to new levels of rage never before seen. He becomes an invincible super monster and kills Atrocitus and then sky fathers and elder gods have to team up to take him down.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

icecold14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: Lol, but seriously I would love to see Hulk with a red ring. It would be cool to see how strong he would get.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus instantly realizes his rage capabilities and tries to run him into a red lantern. The ring immediately takes hulk to new levels of rage never before seen. He becomes an invincible super monster and kills Atrocitus and then sky fathers and elder gods have to team up to take him down.

@elmohump said:

@roronuffy: And then Hulk woke up.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocious with ease. Hulk vs Lantern is never a good matchup.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator

What's attrocitus done?

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: Pre 52 is still canon for lanterns.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thedailybagel  Moderator
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@elmohump: What happens when two unstoppable forces collide with each other?

They resist each other and it become a stalemate. Laughing out loud.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Homer_X

Atrocitus

Avatar image for deactivated-579ecfa921bb2
deactivated-579ecfa921bb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Since Pre-52 is still canon for him I say Atrocitus.

Erotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus should stomp this with ease. Although I do honestly believe he would try to make Hulk a red lantern, especially since he can feel the rage of others after the whole First Lantern incident.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Atrocitus.

CosmicEntity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atrocitus.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

atroc

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: Oh yeah forgot about that. I thought it was just for Hal. Eitherway the set up doesn't really change.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump:So he gets new 52 feats only?

@thedailybagel: Yeah, loads of pre 52 events have affected new 52, blackest night, brightest day, sinestro corps war etc. Also the writers said somewhere that pre 52 was canon.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 juiceboks  Moderator

Atroc in the new 52 got beat by Guy Gardner IIRC. He's a shadow of his Pre-52 self..

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atroc in the new 52 got beat by Guy Gardner IIRC.

He got pretty pwned:

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk smashes and becomes new ruler of the Reds

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atroc in the new 52 got beat by Guy Gardner IIRC. He's a shadow of his Pre-52 self..

But how does this make a case for hulk? Gardner is very different than hulk in power set so using him to further your argument is not exactly groundbreaking. Atrocitus beat down apollo, manhunter and midnighter at the same time but I am not sure he has enough feats to step to hulk, the most current version of hulk(as op states) has not done very much, except get choked out by a random alien lol. Not sure who wins but Gardner beating Atrocitus is not really the best argument.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Hey, at least Guy is finally a real badass

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk wins.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thedailybagel  Moderator

@johnfrank120: really? Then what was the point in a reboot? So does someone like hal remember past events?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 juiceboks  Moderator

@thenaughtytitan: What it shows is that Atrocitus isn't anywhere near as powerful now as is Post-Crisis self who would and has eaten Guy for breakfast. Plus Guy beat him in a way Hulk could replicate..so yes it is most certainly relevant.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since Pre-52 is still canon for him I say Atrocitus.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnfrank120: I honestly don't even know LOL. Limiting Atrocitus to New 52 only would be like limiting Hulk to Marvel Now no?

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Atrocitus gets his Pre 52 and New 52 feats since there was never really a reboot for Lantern arcs. Still not a duplicate thread so I guess it goes on.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atros, BFR.

Atros, gravity well.

Atros, he can fly and use ranged attacks/constructs.

Seriously, this is the equivalent of Superman vs Hulk but with unlimited zero stamina use heat vision and Atros has a far better healing factor than Superman.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: but in the title it specified new 52. although most of the time these kinds of things needs to be mentioned still.

and atrocitus wins

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenaughtytitan: What it shows is that Atrocitus isn't anywhere near as powerful now as is Post-Crisis self who would and has eaten Guy for breakfast. Plus Guy beat him in a way Hulk could replicate..so yes it is most certainly relevant.

True but it could also just show that guy is just that much more powerful in new 52. But still how does guy beating him put hulk above atrocitus, that is not even abc logic its not even connected. Atrocitus took on manhunter, apollo and midnighter at the same time, manhunter would stomp hulks face into oblivion and apollo would give hulk a fight or maybe even beat hulk.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoringPerson

Depends on how you look at it.

Maybe it just shows that Guy Gardner is just that much more powerful in the New 52 :P

I mean, we really have no reason to think otherwise. Not like he has much in terms of poor showings in the New 52 except in JLI where they powered him down considerably so that the team of midtiers/street levelers could keep up with him.

Whoever thought Godiva should be on the same team as Guy Gardner had to be smoking something...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@thenaughtytitan said:

@juiceboks said:

True but it could also just show that guy is just that much more powerful in new 52. But still how does guy beating him put hulk above atrocitus, that is not even abc logic its not even connected. Atrocitus took on manhunter, apollo and midnighter at the same time, manhunter would stomp hulks face into oblivion and apollo would give hulk a fight or maybe even beat hulk.

Except that Guy hasn't done anything to suggest he's a more powerful Green Lantern in the New 52 other than beating on Atrocitus..which isn't enough. I'm not saying just because Guy beat Atrocitus that Hulk should be able to as well, I'm saying Atrocitus has been portrayed to be weaker in New 52 because he got stomped by a character he already stomped Pre-52 in a way Hulk could easily replicate. Guy doesn't have any striking feats on par with Hulk..therefore I don't see why Hulk can't put Atroc down even easier if he chooses to brawl(which usually is Atrocitus' M.O).

Atroc didn't beat them, at best it was a stalemate that got interrupted by a Red Lantern Ring. J'onn didn't even sustain much damage until he got hurt by the backlash of all the rage in Atrocitus' mind when he tried to calm him down with telepathy. Doesn't matter much though..Hulk is stronger than all of them and could replicate what little Atroc did if they chose to brawl with him too.

Regardless, OP said both Pre-52 and New-52 feats are allowed. So Atrocitus should win.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Yeah, all lantern and Batman pre 52 is canon, but the rest isn't. Hal can remember lantern events (e.g. blackest night) but nothing outside lantern pre 52 canon.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk. Atrocitus isn't that impressive.

All books that happened in pre new 52 bat-titles or green lantern titles are still suppose to be canon in the new 52. For example batman getting sent back in time by darkseid in final crisis has been referenced as canon. Despite it making no sense whatsoever....

DC's current canon is a mess. Its best to not think about it.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thedailybagel  Moderator
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: my brain hurts...

As I said I would just go with it. Try not to make sense of it because you won't be able to.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Faulty ABC logic.

Atros has more than enough versatility to take out Hulk as the OP does not stipulate lack of BFR. His striking doesn't matter.

Atros can also just... you know... Fly.

Red Lantern rings can also make warp jump portals so there's that too...

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@boringperson Actually it's pretty sound ABC logic. If Guy can punch out Atroc then so can Hulk..now if Guy used energy blasts or some of the ring's more esoteric powers then yea it would be flawed. But he didn't do anything to beat Atrocitus that Hulk can't do.

What versatility? Be specific, because Atrocitus usually brawls and spills red blood in combat. That's not enough to beat Hulk. He's liable to get K.Oed before he even thinks to try to BFR Hulk.

Which gives him what advantage? At the end of the day he's gonna brawl regardless as that's how he fights in character.

How often has he used that in a fight?

I already said Pre-52 Atrocitus would beat Hulk..my assessment was based on New 52 Atrocitus' showings.

iconrocket123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naw..Hulk stomps..his rage reaches new limits...also, current Hulk is a super genius...and he doesn't have much remorse...I mean if he threatens to kill Betty Ross to get banner to go green.....that is a little extreme..also, I read the entire run with Guy leading the reds(luved it!!kara as a red!!) anyway, he stomped atrocitus...btw, if im not mistaken mad thinker and afew others have stated the Hulk possesses uncalculable strength...all within his rage..and guess what...he has one thing atrocitus hates form greens...the ultimate will to survive...why else has the hulk always come back form some crazy sht...gettign his skin torn completely off..have thousands of dimensions thrown at him..if he should that will during thsi fight, he could become the ultimate green and the ultimate red..depends on which comes first...no lie...

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Atros hasn't been able to use constructs in the New 52 until rather recently. Simply throwing a less than 1 ton object into space could be done by basically any Lantern.

Atros fights to win. When he can't win by brute force he resorts to cunning. It's not like Atros is an idiot... when he rather obviously recognizes Hulk can't fly he'll stay out of reach and it's already a stalemate or better for Atros only.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont even know what to do with the showings allowed here anymore fml