- Thor has belt of strength, battle take place on Earth

- Who wins and why?

VS

#2 Posted by SokMaDeak (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 only can win with BFR.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

@SokMaDeak said:

They are strong and durable enough to engage them in a fight, they don't need BFR

#4 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Hammer brothers. The belt of strength doubles Thor's strengh.

#5 Edited by SokMaDeak (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@SokMaDeak said:

They are strong and durable enough to engage them in a fight, they don't need BFR

They're both immortal, Thor and Bill aren't

#6 Posted by XiiX (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Hammer brothers. The belt of strength doubles Thor's strengh.

#7 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Why make this thread?

#8 Posted by BigCimmerian (8832 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Why make this thread?

Why not?

#9 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian: Because the belt of strength makes this a mismatch.

#10 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not, in a weakened state, Atrocitus was able to do this to 3 prominent members of Stormwatch, 2 of which have Krypton level strength. In the end he merely left because they let his teammate go, and because his corps was on the verge of extinction as their battery was poisoned. But he let them know he would be back when he was at full strength. Atrocitus was a Green Lantern threat before he got his Red Ring, with the ring, he is a beast. (I've removed a flashback scene from Atrocitus being mind probed by MMH to show why he was so angry, and a cut scene with Midnighter)

If anything, I'm more worried about Lobo vs BRB.

Edit, also here is MMH himself taking on the JLA, it is a "one off", "no context" scan, but still impressive.

So Atrocitus took on a team with a guy who held his own against the JLA (for at least one scan), that's impressive.

#11 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Why is that?

#12 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Why am I more worried about Lobo?

#13 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: Yeah.

#14 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:

He didn't impress me when he went up against DeathStroke. It Seems heavy hitters get jobbered when they fight DS, but since that was Lobo's only appearance in DCnU (that I know about), it leaves little to go on. DeathStroke did take out a guy who lifted a ship though, and it was pointed out that DS's Nth metal suit is what allowed him to "hang" with Lobo somewhat, but the whole thing didn't leave me with a sense of confidence towards Lobo in this kind of match.

#15 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Hammer Bros STOMP.

#16 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: your fanboyness is showing, Team 1

@drgnx: I'm assuming this is pre-flashpoint deathstroke because of the picture, so the slade incident never happened. Were talking about a guy who can't die and has squared off against despero alone.

#17 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@jeanroygrant: your fanboyness is showing, Team 1

@drgnx: I'm assuming this is pre-flashpoint deathstroke because of the picture, so the slade incident never happened. Were talking about a guy who can't die and has squared off against despero alone.

How am I being a fanboy?

#18 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know attrocitus was immortal.

#19 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: you are calling this battle a stomp, its going to be a close battle.

#20 Edited by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@They Killed Cap!: Lobo is immortal, atrocius isn't

#21 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#22 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

First, is that image of Atrocitus and Lobo a fanart or from an actual comic? Because if it's the latter, I must have it. Second, team 1 should win. I won't say it's easy, but I do think it's definite.

#23 Edited by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

First, is that image of Atrocitus and Lobo a fanart or from an actual comic? Because if it's the latter, I must have it. Second, team 1 should win. I won't say it's easy, but I do think it's definite.

Actual comic i believe the one who made the thread took the pic from me lol... but ye Lobo faces Atrocitus in 2 Red Lantern issues ill try get you the issue number.
#24 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, that would be wonderful. I love Red Lanterns and Lobo, from what I know of them both. Bleez is my personal favorite but Atrocitus rocks too.

#25 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR said:

@Joygirl said:

Actual comic i believe the one who made the thread took the pic from me lol... but ye Lobo faces Atrocitus in 2 Red Lantern issues ill try get you the issue number.

Lobo and Atrocius have fought before but I don't remember the issue, but it wasn't a real fight If I recall correctly Atrocius paid lobo to take a dive.

#26 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@icysloth said:

@IZZR said:

@Joygirl said:

Lobo and Atrocius have fought before but I don't remember the issue, but it wasn't a real fight If I recall correctly Atrocius paid lobo to take a dive.

Yep that was the case
#27 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Must find issuuuue.

#28 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@IZZR: I would love to see a real Atrocius vs Lobo fight they are both just epic when written right. I honestly have no idea who would win and like both characters enough that I wouldn't car which way it went.

#29 Edited by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Issue is Green Lantern 55

#30 Edited by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@Joygirl said:

Thanks, that would be wonderful. I love Red Lanterns and Lobo, from what I know of them both. Bleez is my personal favorite but Atrocitus rocks too.

Green Lantern Vol 4 54 and 55
#31 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@jeanroygrant: you are calling this battle a stomp, its going to be a close battle.

It is a stomp. You guys are making it seem like Atroticus is all that powerful, because he messed up Martian Manhunter & Apollo. Who are not even Pre-Flashpoint versions, but there much weaker New 52 versions. Thor or BRB stomp him.

Lobo is as strong as them physically but that's all. They have a lot more powers too. They obviously beat him too.

#33 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: I am going pre-flashpoint in his origin story pre any power ring he critically injured abin sur, who had his green ring, Atrocius is not to be trifled with.

#34 Edited by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

It is a stomp. You guys are making it seem like Atroticus is all that powerful, because he messed up Martian Manhunter & Apollo. Who are not even Pre-Flashpoint versions, but there much weaker New 52 versions. Thor or BRB stomp him.

Lobo is as strong as them physically but that's all. They have a lot more powers too. They obviously beat him too.

MMH took on the whole the whole JLA, even if they held back, or if he took them by surprise, that is an impressive feat in itself. Both WW and Aquaman have feats lifting ships and planes and Superman is stronger then them. Apollo is implied to be on Superman's level of strength, though I don't believe he is as fast. I doubt reg Thor could even dream of taking on the post 52 JLA.

#35 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@jeanroygrant: I am going pre-flashpoint in his origin story pre any power ring he critically injured abin sur, who had his green ring, Atrocius is not to be trifled with.

He's powerful, but not powerful enough.

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

MMH took on the whole the whole JLA, even if they held back, or if he took them by surprise, that is an impressive feat in itself. Both WW and Aquaman have feats lifting ships and planes and Superman is stronger then them. Apollo is implied to be on Superman's level of strength, though I don't believe he is as fast. I doubt reg Thor could even dream of taking on the post 52 JLA.

New 52 Justice League VS Thor?

Thor would win hands down, no question.

#37 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

Abin Sur is superman with a green lantern ring, superman is at least as strong as Thor if not stronger, and unlike supes Atrocius has no weakness to magic.

#38 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

He would get speed blitz to hell.

#39 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@icysloth said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

Abin Sur is superman with a green lantern ring, superman is at least as strong as Thor if not stronger, and unlike supes Atrocius has no weakness to magic.

What are Abin Sur's feats?

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

No he wouldn't. and that's practically what you say in every battle.

#41 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

Because its true. And, unlike you, I normally avoid most Thor threads. And for the record, I'm pretty sure you spend more time in Thor Threads saying he won't get blitzed than I spend saying he would get blitzed.

#42 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx:

I don't think Atrocitus is speed blitzing anyone. Lobo very well may though.

It's a tough battle, Lobo clears the two in raw physical stats, and Atrocitus matches them in versatility, but I don't think his strength/durability are on their level. I wanna give this to the hammer bros because I think overall they actually beat these two across the board. But at the same time I don't know if they could handle Lobo's healing factor combined with his ridiculous stats.

It'd be a good battle, but I think Lobo is what makes me give this to team 1, at least in the majority. It won't be stomp.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that Thor and BRB could actually BFR Lobo, which does seem kind of out of character, but Thor has done it before. I also have to wonder if Mjonlir and Stormbreaker couldn't absorb most of the energy put out by the Red Lantern ring.

There are a lot of variables here to take into consideration.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#43 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice battle.

I really think Atrocitus could hold on BRB,since he can clearly hold 3 Stormwatchers as our friend,@drgnx said:

Maybe not, in a weakened state, Atrocitus was able to do this to 3 prominent members of Stormwatch, 2 of which have Krypton level strength. In the end he merely left because they let his teammate go, and because his corps was on the verge of extinction as their battery was poisoned. But he let them know he would be back when he was at full strength. Atrocitus was a Green Lantern threat before he got his Red Ring, with the ring, he is a beast. (I've removed a flashback scene from Atrocitus being mind probed by MMH to show why he was so angry, and a cut scene with Midnighter)

If anything, I'm more worried about Lobo vs BRB.

Edit, also here is MMH himself taking on the JLA, it is a "one off", "no context" scan, but still impressive.

So Atrocitus took on a team with a guy who held his own against the JLA (for at least one scan), that's impressive.

And Lobo can easily compete with Thor,even with strenght belt,since he was already into worst situations:

#44 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

Because its true. And, unlike you, I normally avoid most Thor threads. And for the record, I'm pretty sure you spend more time in Thor Threads saying he won't get blitzed than I spend saying he would get blitzed.

Well Thor is my favourite character, so i got to represent, :p

Just because you can speed-blitz someone, doesn't mean their go down, Also who the heck ever told you that either of team 1 is even that fast? I bet 10 dollars Thor is faster.

#45 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Atrocitus took a good fight to Stormwatch, and in Rage of the Red Lanterns he (and the other RL's who were not intelligent at the time) basically wrecked all the GLC and the entire Sinestro Corps at the same time. While, technically, that was the entire RLC, none of the others could do anything but go "grrrr! Burnnnn!" At the time. He was the brains and the powerhouse, and he turned the GL universe upside down. That is solid.

#46 Posted by drgnx (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: @jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

Just because you can speed-blitz someone, doesn't mean their go down, Also who the heck ever told you that either of team 1 is even that fast? I bet 10 dollars Thor is faster.

Fair enough.

For the record, I don't think Team 1 is fast. But I don't think this is a Stomp either way.

#47 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx:

I agree, but Lobo pre-52 has regenerated from a drop of blood in less than a minute or something like that, as well as given Superman a beating to remember.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#48 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@Floopay: @jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@drgnx said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@icysloth said:

Fair enough.

For the record, I don't think Team 1 is fast. But I don't think this is a Stomp either way.

Are you basing Team 1's feats off of New 52 versions? or Pre-Flashpoint?

#49 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant:

Pre-Flashpoint. Normally I'd use the most current versions, but I don't think Atrocitus is in New-52, and I also combined that with the fact that the picture in the scan is from a Pre-Flashpoint Green Lantern comic.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#50 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@jeanroygrant:

Pre-Flashpoint. Normally I'd use the most current versions, but I don't think Atrocitus is in New-52, and I also combined that with the fact that the picture in the scan is from a Pre-Flashpoint Green Lantern comic.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That's the whole reason me, and @drgnx: got into this ruckess lol. I thought it was New 52 versions so i thought it was unfair.