Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Specimens 48969 and 48020; Day 1

On the day that The Branches of Universes were linked, heroes and villains were brought over by The Others for a series of tests. Specimen 48969, a.k.a. Big Boss, woke up near the ocean. Remembering his training, he decided to make sure the area was secure. That was when he spotted a man fitted with a costume somewhat resembling a black panther. This was Specimen 48020, a.k.a. Black Panther.

Black Panther: Greeti--

Big Boss immediately decided to not trust the figure, and started firing his gun at him. Black Panther dodged the bullets with relative ease. Then he stopped dodging and put his hands up.

Black Panther: Stop! I mean you no harm.

Big Boss: Who are you?

Black Panther: My name is T'Challa. What is yours?

Big Boss: Unimportant. Get down on the ground and interlock your fingers.

Black Panther: You know as well as I do that your gun needs reloading. And yet, despite that, I have not attacked you.

There was a moment of silence. But after a minute, Big Boss gave in.

Big Boss: You're not my enemy. *holsters his weapon*

Black Panther: I think I've made that abundantly clear by now. It appears that you have a tent prepared for you. However, I do have a mansion about two miles back. You are welcome to stay if you wish.

--------

Specimens 48555 and 48007; Day 1

Specimen 48007, a.k.a. Deathstroke, woke up to see Specimen 48555 walking towards him.

Trickster: Deathstroke?

Deathstroke: Trickster? What the hell are you doing here?

Trickster: Does it look like I know that?

Deathstroke: No. Now get lost.

Deathstroke starts to walk away, Trickster follows him.

Trickster: Wait! Um... Need a buddy?

Deathstroke: I prefer working alone.

Trickster: You sure? I got some pretty nice gadgets, and with a tactical genius such as yourself, you could set up traps all around this mansion an--

Deathstroke: Ugh... Look. If you really don't want be to caught in the jungle all by yourself? You really want me as a "buddy". Fine. But we'll do things my way. Do you understand?

Trickster: Yup!

Deathstroke: Good.

Each team spent the night with each other. The next morning, they crossed each other's paths. Each team wanted answers, so they started fighting one another for them.

@nickzambuto@higorm@retardrobot@nickthedevil Ok then! Let me just say that I think this one was going to be particularly good! Deathstroke going toe to toe with Big Boss is going to be totally badass! But anywho, RetardRobot and nickthedevil, each of you got a mansion. Nickzambuto, as mentioned, you got a tent. And Higor, you also have a mansion.

Mansion:

No Caption Provided

Each mansion is designed like this. The perks for the mansion are the following:

-A good night's sleep (two bedrooms)

-Gourmet meals

-Two bathrooms.

-Hunting rifles w/ ammo

-A set of steak knives

-An exercise room

-A backpack full of bread, protein bars, and bottled waters

-A med-kit

-A pair of radios

Tent:

No Caption Provided

-Sleeping bag

-Water bottles

-Jiffy popcorn, protein bars, trail mix, and chips

-Hunting crossbow, bolts, and knife

-A compass

No Caption Provided

nickthedevil and RetardRobot start at 17. nickzambuto and HigorM start at either 23 (the mansion) or 32 (the tent), depending on their choice.

HigorM and nickzambuto: Black Panther and Big Boss

nickthedevil and RetardRobot: Trickster and Deathstroke

Don't forget to post your character's standard gear in your opening post! Kick ass you guys!

RetardRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RetardRobot

Yikes, I guess I'll start it off.

DS's Pre-52 Standard Gear:

Kevlar Mesh with Promethium Weave

Super Bomb x5 (flash grenade that incapacitates the entire JL, including Superman)

Promethium Sword

Electric Staff

Uzi x2

Desert Eagle x2

Idk what its called but a powerful Assault Rifle

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This matchup looks interseting.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

Let´s do this @nickzambuto !

Black Panther Gear

• Vibranium Suit
  • Energy Daggers
  • Anti-Metal Claws
  • Teleportation Device
  • Cloaking Tech
  • Kimoyo Card
  • Mask Lenses
dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@dondave: You say the exact same thing for every CAV thread and tourney match ever since you got here.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: hahaha I was wondering when someone would notice it..

I guess he´s just maintaining the first place at Battle Forum "Top Posters"

:P

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@nickthedevil: hahaha I was wondering when someone would notice it..

I guess he´s just maintaining the first place at Battle Forum "Top Posters"

:P

Lol, this is what I think every time I see him post that XD

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so, My equipment. take notes, boys and girls.

No Caption Provided
  • Airwalkers
  • Rubber gloves
  • Pack of Gum
  • Rubber Chicken
  • Yo Yo
  • T bombs
  • Happy Scrambler
  • Headphones
  • Gum Gun
  • Gag Belt
  • X-Ray Glasses
  • Jack Jack Tacks
  • Slinky
  • Fake Teeth
  • Sports bag (Which he carries everything with)
  • Bubble Blower
  • Itch Powder
  • Fountain Pen
  • Camera

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright so opening plan. Trickster makes use of both his gag belt and Airwalkers by walking over head and cloaked.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Even Deadshot's Eye couldn't pick them up.

• As it stands, When your team comes into contact with mine, it willlook like a one-on two fight.

First order of business, Incapacitating your team. Trickster's specialty. Yes, you may have a vibranium suit on Panther, that can be impervious to loads of things. Explosions, bullets, big amounts of force... but A piece of gum ought to do the trick.

No Caption Provided

Beauty of it is, It can incapacitate both your players at once.

Easy peazy. In the craziness that your team will be preoccupied with Slade, A lone tiny piece of gum will fly out of nowhere and immobilize your team. Leaving them unable to fight back. Or at least one of them.

Which ever is left over will be forced to fight an invisible long ranged assailant from somewhere above, and Deathstroke, a close range fighter from the ground. Neither Big Boss or Black Panther have a defense for this perfectly matched combination of death.

and now Some Deathstroke feats, while await my partner's participation. Your team may detect my invisible prankster, but you will be too preoccupied by this human tank.

That's Donna Troy, Nightwing, Jericho, Ravager, and Cassandra Kaine, simultaneously.
That's Donna Troy, Nightwing, Jericho, Ravager, and Cassandra Kaine, simultaneously.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By renamed040924

Big Boss's Gear

1. Custom M1911A1 Pistol
  2. Custom Mk. 22 Tranquilizer Gun
  3. CQC Knife
  4. Patriot
  5. Thermo/NV Goggles
  6. Fake Death Pill
  7. Camo Set/Face Paint
  8. Backpack
  9. Light/Frag Grenades

I'll post strategy in just a few minutes.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

@nickthedevil Trickster wouldn't have a reason to activate his invisibility field while just wandering around the jungle. He can do it once the fight starts, but we're not going to be fooled into thinking it's just Deathstroke out here considering we'd be staring at him as he turns invisible, and from there all Snake has to do is equip his goggles and Black Panther his infrared lenses. Boom, problem solved. I'm sure Higor can speak for his own character, but in Big Boss's case, he's already managed to defeat and invisible enemy through nothing but sheer tactics and hunting skill.

Loading Video...

The Fear is a member of the Cobra Unit, the legendary Special Ops team who won WWII, so he's a lot more skilled than Trickster in addition to being much much more maneuverable, (you can clearly see his flexibility and agility on full display, not to mention he's fast enough to run on water and has at least some degree of super strength to make those big jumps. And of course he can wall crawl) If Naked Snake has the wits and skills to kill him with an arrow in his knee while the venom of the most deadly spider on the planet courses through his veins, than Trickster's suit isn't going to be a game changer.

If that's not enough, the Tsuchinoko was a fabled invisible animal, often hunted and searched for, kinda like Big Foot. Snake, of course, not only tracked one, a feat numerous international organizations couldn't accomplish with years of research and technology, but also captured it, and ate it, and said it was delicious. So moral of the story: Big Boss's senses, spatial awareness, tech, and hunting skills make him pretty much stealth-proof.

Trickster's main schtick seems to be gadgets, and he has some pretty useful ones, however the gum trap is not something that's going to work on two guys who dodge bullets on a regular basis.

Loading Video...

When someone in the Metal Gear Universe mentions "the legendary soldier", they instantly know they're talking about Big Boss, and he didn't get that monicker for nothing. The guy singlehandedly initiated a oneman raid on a heavily occupied CIA Missile Base, taking on dozens of soldiers, snipers, drones, and even an attack chopper all on his lonesome without getting shot once, at one point even sprinting straight down a long corridor while numerous soldiers fired at him from behind and front, avoiding all their bullets in the process.

Loading Video...

4:50 In fact, Big Boss's reflexes are so highly attuned that he can even dodge bullets fired by surprise from the sound alone, just by tilting his head. So I doubt he's getting tagged by gum any time soon.

Preliminary Strategy:

As for as I know, Trickster has no feats that justify him lasting against a marksman of Naked Snake's caliber long, nor the skill to contend with Black Panther. He even resorted to hiding in that scan you posted. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Snake can just shoot him. Meanwhile there's Deathstroke.

@retardrobot Certainly a fearsome opponent, but I don't think he is any more or less skilled than either Big Boss or Black Panther. That Teen Titans scan, while unarguably a top feat for Slade, has some context worth pointing out, most notably the fact that Deathstroke wasn't winning through pure skill, but rather the Titans were majorly off their game. Cass was injured, and Slade himself mentioned numerous times that he was "getting inside their heads." That's something Deathstroke relies on in a lot of fights actually, but even with his 90% brain power, he's not getting very far against the elite minds of the King of Wakanda and the Leader of Outer Heaven, especially when they're both from a different universe and he doesn't know a thing about them. That's why, in a head to head fight against either of our characters, the victor is highly arguable, and not at all clear cut on either end. That is why, rather then go back and forth with feat vs feat for 5 pages then let luck decide the winner, my partner and I have opted for a different strategy.

Both Naked Snake and Black Panther have several things in common. The most prevalent? An uncanny knack for stealth and sneaking. Big Boss has literally turned corners and vanished from thin air, he's snuck up on elite fighters and supernatural warriors with enhanced senses before, and jungle infiltration is his specialty.

Loading Video...

The End, another Cobra Unit member, is an ancient warrior credited as being the father of modern sniping. Don't let his age fool you, The End was 100% superhuman, outclassing Snake himself in every physical aspect. His specialized Moss Camo blends in with the environment and makes him all but completely undetectable. Not only that, but he could regulate his body temperature to match that of his surroundings, conduct photosynthesis on himself for infinite stamina and (mild) regeneration, and of course he had a mystical connection with nature that allowed him to literally "talk to the forest." This meaning that Snake is so skilled, he had literally become one with the environment so that The End could not detect him.

This is completely consistent with Big Boss's other feats of jungle survival; he personally developed a technique to move with absolute silence, and his approach is so subtle he can literally disarm active land mines without them going off.

Naked Snake is highly trained in the use of camouflage and face paint, and equipped with a full set of outfits, he can successfully elude whoever is attacking him, especially when this is his home turf. With the element of surprise on our side (@higorm can vouch for Black Panther being just as slick) Deathstroke won't know what hit him.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retardrobot

Yikes, I guess I'll start it off.

DS's Pre-52 Standard Gear:

Kevlar Mesh with Promethium Weave

Super Bomb x5 (flash grenade that incapacitates the entire JL, including Superman)

Promethium Sword

Electric Staff

Uzi x2

Desert Eagle x2

Idk what its called but a powerful Assault Rifle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that he used that as a one time thing because it was expensive as all get out. If that's the case, it wouldn't be considered standard equipment for him.

RetardRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RetardRobot

@nickzambuto said:

at one point even sprinting straight down a long corridor while numerous soldiers fired at him from behind and front, avoiding all their bullets in the thstprocess.

Because the bad guys always miss.

They don't call him "The Terminator" for nothing.

Slade isn't going to just sit there and wait for you to attack. Deathstroke's reflexes are phenomenal. Even if Big Boss even gets the chance to have the jump on DS, he wouldn't be able to do much. Slade would react much faster then BB can before it's too late.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

If Big Boss decides that he wants to use some firepower, he isn't the only one who could dodge bullets. Even when Slade is too close to the barrel to move out of the way quick enough, he still has his ways.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Although stealth is your best option, not many people can get the surprise factor when dealing with Deathstroke. Wilson's been known for absolutely destroying the likes of Batman, Nightwing and Robin, all which are known for being masters of stealth. Deadshot, one of the most deadliest shots (hence his name) on Earth, has had a hard time hitting Deathstroke.

Here we have Wilson taking on the JLA and breaking GL's hand with a simple grip, displaying superior strength.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And here, Deathstroke using his superior reflexes and agility to outmaneuver the Flash.

No Caption Provided

And a showing of insane durability, having an arrow in his eye and taking the strength of the entire JLA to keep him from mashing Green Arrow's face into bits.

No Caption Provided

I apologize if this seems amateur, as I know more about New 52 DS.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: Deadshot´s eye may not be able to scan Trickster but Black Panther can use more then sight to track the enemy, since he can use his:

Superhumanly Acute Senses:

T'Challa can see in total darkness as if it was a clear sunny day, something at over a few hundred feet appears as though it is right in front of his face. T'Challa's sense of hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, enabling him to hear sounds that an ordinary human can't and to be able to hear sounds that an ordinary human can, but at much greater distances. T'Challa can memorize tens of thousands of scents and track them to the exact location, can smell fear, and detect if someone is lying by change in body odor. T'Challa's sense of taste is sensitive to the point that he is able to taste the exact ingredients of any particular food he is eating.

So when our teams come in contact, Black Panther will already know about Trickster position and will be able to take him out by surprise. Trickster will have no time for his infamous traps, instead of that, he will be easily incapacitate by one or several painful energy daggers.

But T´challa can do more than that, he possess his own cloaking tech, which frankly, is much more advanced than Trickster's, considering that he is not going to be just invisible but also silent due to the vibranium suit and his stealth skills.

In matter of fact, I can make use of that kind of strategy but immensely more effective, since T'Challa also have his teleport device, so he can combine Stealth + Invisibility + Teleportation.

No Caption Provided

One example of I´ve just said:

Energy Daggers:

No Caption Provided

He can use them several different ways:

• He can just throw them from his claws or shoot from special "dagger handles" he carries.
  • He can make it look like he is throwing them, but they are just being fired.
  • They are not limited a few shots (2 or 3)
  • With a dagger in both hands and with a swing of his arms, instead of just launching daggers in one single direction, he can make them go all possible directions (in front of him, behind him, above him, to his sides, etc)

More to come..

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is a teleportation device even standard equipment for T'challa?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: @fetts accepted through consultation via PM..

It´s also written in his bio here:

He recently has shown the ability to be able to teleport short distances and create force field to defend himself against energy projection attacks and physical attacks.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: Well, I believe I was under the assumption it was pretty standard for T'Challa.

Is it?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@higorm: Well, I believe I was under the assumption it was pretty standard for T'Challa.

Is it?

It is for current T'challa, which I'm sure you'll see once Higor starts posting scans.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: let me ask you something, have Trickster used each gear of the follow gear list more than once?

Airwalkers

Rubber gloves

Pack of Gum

Rubber Chicken

Yo Yo

T bombs

Happy Scrambler

Headphones

Gum Gun

Gag Belt

X-Ray Glasses

Jack Jack Tacks

Slinky

Fake Teeth

Sports bag (Which he carries everything with)

Bubble Blower

Itch Powder

Fountain Pen

Camera

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@fetts said:

Is it?

This gear he used during a saga (7 issues so far) so I guess we can call it standard since that´s not something pulled out of nowhere..

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HigorM  Moderator

So can we continue? >)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@nickthedevil: let me ask you something, have Trickster used each gear of the follow gear list more than once?

Airwalkers

Rubber gloves

Pack of Gum

Rubber Chicken

Yo Yo

T bombs

Happy Scrambler

Headphones

Gum Gun

Gag Belt

X-Ray Glasses

Jack Jack Tacks

Slinky

Fake Teeth

Bubble Blower

Itch Powder

Fountain Pen

Camera

I also have serious doubts he can carry all that at once <_<

That's a bit of a cop out though, so I don't really care.

@higorm said:

So can we continue? >)

Ugh I've been busier than I thought I'd be. I'll DEFINITELY have another post out by the morning.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HigorM  Moderator
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay. Back! so, did we clear this little issue up?

@fetts said:

Is it?

Because this is the first I hear of T'challa harnessing teleportation. and if it is standrad now, It must be so very new.

@higorm said:

Airwalkers

Rubber gloves

Pack of Gum

Rubber Chicken

Yo Yo

T bombs

Happy Scrambler

Headphones

Gum Gun

Gag Belt

X-Ray Glasses

Jack Jack Tacks

Slinky

Fake Teeth

Bubble Blower

Itch Powder

Fountain Pen

Camera

Each of them? More than once? Yes.

Can he carry them at once? yes. In Blackest Night #3 he uses his bag as a last ditch effort to defeat the black lanterns. Actually destroys the entire section they were in, but alas, the Lanterns were not able to be put down that way.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@nickthedevil: I believe we´re clear since Fetts said "Ok".

@fetts said:

So we´re good to go right? I´m fine with Trickster's gear, so let´s move on..

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I can concede that Trickster would be hit with the Daggers if he had time to hit him.

That's to say that Big Boss can handle slade by himself (Which he can't, in any way shape or form).

And as per the match rules, we're not starting face to face. So, yes, it's completely feasible that your characters don't know mine is even there.So what's to say Trickster's invisible to start the match? I'd say the same for Big Boss setting up for a sniper shot.

Equally, Yes. your characters dodge bullets. But the advantage Trickster has on his side is surprise. Neither Big Boss, or Black Panther for that matter, have encountered someone who would use gum as a means for incapacitation, or a rubber chicken like this:

No Caption Provided

Or a yo yo that does this

No Caption Provided

Further, Trickster is hiding in that scan because he was stripped of his weapons and handcuffed to Piper. He had next to nothing throughout all of Countdown.

As far as I can see, Big Boss is the weak link for this match, and it'd very easily be BP vs Deathstroke and Trickster.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to add to my partner's argument, Big Boss likewise possesses incredibly advanced senses himself thanks to his abundance of "soldier genes", which make him completely metahuman much in the same vain as Captain America or Black Panther.

Loading Video...

8:30 Hears a conversation happening at such a distance that the participants are nothing more than tiny dots.

Loading Video...

7:20 Big Boss is stirred from his sleep by the sound of the Ocelot Unit approaching. Not only is the Ocelot Unit the highest ranking team in the entire Soviet military, above special forces class, but Snake heard their near-silent footsteps through a brick wall.

Also, don't think Big Boss's missing eye is a disadvantage. In addition to enhancing his senses, Snake's soldier genes grant him a natural instinct and adaptive ability, for nearly any combat situation.

Loading Video...

3:05 that's freshly after losing his eye

Loading Video...

And a few hours later he's already back to normal (Snake also displays some BA playdoh skills there. I don't think Deathstroke can compete)

In fact, all the Snake's possess superhuman senses. Solid can hear a helicopter's engine from miles away and deduce what model it is based off just the unique sound it makes, Liquid singlehandedly shot down two F-16 fighter jets equipped with autotargeting systems and other advanced tech with just a Hind D chopper through a snowstorm, and Solidus headshotted a Metal Gear RAY from several hundred yards away without looking. Even the Genome Soldiers, who have had minimal gene therapy to imbue them with strands of soldier genes, are quoted by Naomi as having advanced senses. The only difference is, Big Boss not only has the senses, but also the training required to be a truly remarkable hunter, as evidenced by his capture of the invisible Tsuchinoko, and defeat of The Fear and The End (stealth masters and far more skilled than Trickster, if Naked Snake can take them, he can take Axel).

Now as for Deathstroke,

Slade isn't going to just sit there and wait for you to attack. Deathstroke's reflexes are phenomenal. Even if Big Boss even gets the chance to have the jump on DS, he wouldn't be able to do much. Slade would react much faster then BB can before it's too late.

Here we have Wilson taking on the JLA and breaking GL's hand with a simple grip, displaying superior strength.

And here, Deathstroke using his superior reflexes and agility to outmaneuver the Flash.

And a showing of insane durability, having an arrow in his eye and taking the strength of the entire JLA to keep him from mashing Green Arrow's face into bits.

Loading Video...

5:55-8:50 Naomi explains soldier genes and how priceless Big Boss's remains are to the military world (he's dead by this point in canon).

The Flash incident is most often seen as PIS (I've had arguments with your own partner about this; he was the one trying to convince me!) but that aside, Deathstroke does have some impressive stats shown in that fight. On a pure physical aspect though, it's nothing Big Boss couldn't replicate since he is likewise, 100% enhanced human. In terms of feats, he's actually superior to Deathstroke in every aspect.

Part 1

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil

And as per the match rules, we're not starting face to face. So, yes, it's completely feasible that your characters don't know mine is even there.

Actually the OP states:

Each team spent the night with each other. The next morning, they crossed each other's paths. Each team wanted answers, so they started fighting one another for them.

It's true, they don't start visible, but they do run into each other and encountered each other before the fight begins. The purpose of starting points was to give you an idea of what's in your area (rivers, mountains, etc.). So the midpoint between starting areas (which btw, @nickzambuto and @higorm have yet to choose between the mansion or the tent) is where you'll be fighting.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil@retardrobot

As far as I can see, Big Boss is the weak link for this match, and it'd very easily be BP vs Deathstroke and Trickster.

You shouldn't speak so surely of a character when your statements are motivated by ignorance. Big Boss can not only last against Slade (long enough for BP to oneshot Trickster at least. Seriously, what do you think, Deathstroke is gonna speedblitz him then go after T'Challa before he can throw a single dagger???) but defeat him all together, due to a combination of not only his much better physical showings and higher level of training and skill, but also for the simple reason of gear and versatility.

Strength-

Big Boss is the strongest man in the world. He has lifted singlehandedly and overcame the engine of an industrial parking garage door with his bare hands, has tossed grown men around like ragdolls, and at one point even caught Metal Gear ZEKE's leg attempting to crush him. Most of his strength feats are overpowering other characters, proving his power in combat above all else.

Loading Video...

Forces The Boss to her knees (despite being a woman, Voyevoda easily hauled over 1,400 pounds of artillery through the jungle with no strain, and could fire the Patriot machinegun onehanded with 0 recoil, which even awarded praise from Sigint)

Loading Video...

1:50 Engages Ocelot in unarmed combat, and likewise overpowers him (Ocelot could make vertical leaps upwards of 40 feet in the air, and at the age of 70 left imprints in reinforced steel with his own bare hands)

Loading Video...

10:05 Overpowers a soldier and throws him across the room (this particular soldier had the strength to literally smash a man's face in)

In comparison to his son Solid Snake who handles the "tank turret recoil" of a Rail Gun like an assault rifle, Big Boss's strength is described as "monstrous".

The Boss, Ocelot, and Solid Snake all have feats that paint them as being over the one or two ton limit (Boss one-arm hefting the Davy Crockett launcher, Ocelot lifting a motorcycle, and of course Snake's Rail Gun feat) and Big Boss beats them all. In my entire time on Comic Vine I've seen, like, two strength feats from Deathstroke, and a lot of wining over "nyehh strength of 10 men!!1"

Speed-

The soldier genes making up Big Boss's DNA enhance his instinct and reactionary abilities to superhuman levels. In his old age, he could keep up a fully Solid Snake, and even after being beaten to near death, he managed to escape Outer Heaven's self destruct in mere minutes after saving several dozen soldiers. Big Boss actually moves so fast, that his fists wip the air like a belt.

Loading Video...

3:30 bullet times

Loading Video...

4:35 bullet times again, this time clearing several meters of space and knocking back Amanda all before the bullets can meet their mark

Loading Video...

3:20 Big Boss's advanced perception sees the falling debris in slow motion. Manages to equip his RPG, stand up, aim and fire with perfect accuracy all in the span of a second or two.

Loading Video...

2:15 Reacts to Ocelot's quickdraw (Ocelot is fast enough to beat lightning on the quickdraw)

Loading Video...

Blitzes an entire armed group before a single man can pull the trigger, than runs up on Strangelove and snatches her keycards faster than the scientist could even perceive (she didn't notice him at all)

Endurance-

Big Boss's forte. This man can take a punch like no other, and has the pain tolerance to ignore anything he can't. I wouldn't say he has a healing factor; just that he heals extremely fast.

Loading Video...

Case in point: The Boss's defection begins with her giving Snake a no holds barred beatdown. He can't bring himself to fight back and ends up with a broken arm and several busted ribs, then tanks a 200 foot freefall into a river. Less than a week later, he's already back in the field. Even Paramedic is astonished at the rate which he recovered.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Naked Snake receives excruciating torture from the sadistic Colonel Volgin. The dictator not only possesses electric powers with a charge of up to 10,000,000 volts, but is strong enough to effortlessly punch straight through the Shagohad's armor with his bare hands, which multiple RPGs couldn't even scratch. Snake receives the brunt of his inhumanity during this twisted torture session (Volgin is infamous for never having a single successful interrogation because he always kills his victims before they even have the chance to give up information. Not only that, but Snake had previously killed his lover Major Raikov, so Volgin wasn't going easy on him at all)

As if Volgin's barrage of RPG punches and lightning beams wasn't bad enough, Snake gets shot through the eye towards the end (hence the eyepatch) and then gets shot through the leg by The Boss. While it might seem like he was worse for wear, the reality is Snake actually tanked this, as he immediately proceeded to break out of his prison cell and outrace several guard dogs and an entire armed unit through the sewers, then tank another 200 foot fall headfirst into a river with no damage.

Loading Video...

In terms of stamina, Naked Snake is completely inexhaustible. According to The Boss, he's capable of crossing over 50 miles of thick jungle in a single night on foot.

As you can clearly see, Big Boss is not at all outmatched power wise. Actually, he has feats that paint him as Deathstroke's better. Tell me again how he won't last long against Slade when he has the strength to literally manhandle the assassin?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm I really don't think we need either the mansion or the tent. Big Boss and Black Panther are both survivalists more than capable of living comfortably out in the wild. I guess we might as well choose the mansion though.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HigorM  Moderator

@nickzambuto: I agree, since we have to choose I believe the mansion is a better place to be even if don´t really need it.

So @fetts we choose the mansion :)

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

So I can concede that Trickster would be hit with the Daggers if he had time to hit him.

That's to say that Big Boss can handle slade by himself (Which he can't, in any way shape or form).

And as per the match rules, we're not starting face to face. So, yes, it's completely feasible that your characters don't know mine is even there.So what's to say Trickster's invisible to start the match? I'd say the same for Big Boss setting up for a sniper shot.

Equally, Yes. your characters dodge bullets. But the advantage Trickster has on his side is surprise. Neither Big Boss, or Black Panther for that matter, have encountered someone who would use gum as a means for incapacitation, or a rubber chicken like this:

Or a yo yo that does this

Further, Trickster is hiding in that scan because he was stripped of his weapons and handcuffed to Piper. He had next to nothing throughout all of Countdown.

How would Black Panther be surprised if he possess other ways to sense Trickster? Also, BP will be invisible too, so Trickster is the one who will be going down first, since he doesn´t have ways to track an stealthy (silent and invisible) character of Black Panther´s caliber.

Also, those gum explosives would do nothing against BP vibranium suit, which was able to sustain far more powerfull attacks.

Trickster is, by far, the weak link here since he can´t successfully hide from any of our characters, neither have enough skills to contend with them, he will get shot instead thinking he is covered by his limited invisibility tech if compared to BP´s.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HigorM  Moderator

@fetts: Should we open this fight to voting?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm: As long as @nickthedeviland @retardrobot are cool with it. In case if you haven't gotten the message: All voting is going to start on the 30th at the latest.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@higorm: As long as @nickthedevil and @retardrobot are cool with it. In case if you haven't gotten the message: All voting is going to start on the 30th at the latest.

There's still at least one more post I want to get out, so yeah, let's wait till the 30th.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@fetts said:

@higorm: As long as @nickthedevil and @retardrobot are cool with it. In case if you haven't gotten the message: All voting is going to start on the 30th at the latest.

There's still at least one more post I want to get out, so yeah, let's wait till the 30th.

I also have one more post to land here, so I agree with this..

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, originally I had wanted to go into more detail about Big Boss's h2h skill, but upon rethinking it I decided that's not necessary. The legendary mercenary's prowess in close quarters combat is surely worthy of praise - soloing the Ocelot unit and humiliating Ocelot himself, taking down Colonel Volgin, stomping Null, besting Gene, taking on The Boss - however in character it's still always a last resort. I mean, when you're one of the most renowned gun enthusiasts on the planet, of course you're gonna shoot someone in the face before you risk everything and get close. And that's exactly the mind set Big Boss is going to have here!

Although stealth is your best option, not many people can get the surprise factor when dealing with Deathstroke. Wilson's been known for absolutely destroying the likes of Batman, Nightwing and Robin, all which are known for being masters of stealth.

I completely agree. And in there three physical encounters, Batman has indeed snuck up on Deathstroke: three times.

A wounded Batman gets the drop on him.

Sneaks up and oneshots him with his own gun.

Annnnd another oneshot.

Literally in EVERY physical encounter they've ever had, Batman has successfully snuck up on Slade. So despite his slightly enhanced senses, it's clear Deathstroke is not immune to stealth, but rather falls to it on numerous occasions (besides Batman, other characters have used stealth to their advantage against Deathstroke)

As I've mentioned, Big Boss has created his own technique for completely silent movement called stalking. He's gotten the drop on several characters with enhanced senses, can walk over and even disarm active claymore mines, and has even eavesdropped on precogs. Sure we start in sight of each other, but Snake still has one edge in this department that secures him the win - gear. Specifically, the fake death pill.

Loading Video...

Lulling the user into a state of false death nearly identical to the real thing. With this, Snake has a huge advantage in that all he has to do is feign defeat, then instantly wake up as soon as Slade turns his back. In other words, he has to do the EXACT SAME THING Batman has already done to Slade. The only difference being, Snake won't swat Deathstroke with a gun like Batman did, he'll shoot him with it.

And of course Naked Snake's standard gear includes suppressors for all his pistols, so there will be no bullet timing here.

Add to the fact that Deathstroke will probably have to engage Black Panther in CQC (since T'Challa is going to dispatch Trickster pretty much instantly, invisible or no) he'll be all the more distracted.

@nickthedevil@retardrobot@higorm@fetts I'm about as ready as I'll ever be.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This goes to @higorm and @nickzambuto for better debating and simply having the more powerful team.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 juiceboks  Moderator

Nick proved that Snake is more than enough to contend with Slade(especially in this setting) and the outcome of a BP vs Trickster fight was reflected in this debate. Team 1.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great set-up, guys.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HigorM  Moderator

@progenitor: why don´t you take this oportunity to cast a vote? :P

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm said:

@progenitor: why don´t you take this oportunity to cast a vote? :P

Well, since you asked so nicely. ;O After reading and considering the characters, my vote would go to team HigorM & nickzambuto. Despite Deathstroke being a beast, Black Panther himself has been shown to have great skill and ability. Big Boss is incredibly unpredictable, you never know what he can bring to the table or what he can survive from. Great job debating, bros.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers