• 114 results
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Specimens 48712 and 48000; Day 2

The second day was filled with bloodshed and chaos almost immediately, at least for specimens 48712 and 48000. Upon exiting their shared home after a night of passionate love, Hei and Boba Fett bared witness to a literal massacre. DOZENS of dead bodies littered the surrounding area, and the worth of it all - most were people from their own universes.

Neither were very much deterred however, having decided that their newly formed homosexual love was all each of them needed. A basic rule of strategy is to turn a bad situation into a good one - the duo took their time in looting the corpses for gear, then took off for day number 2 of testing.

---------

Specimens 48909 and 48484; Day 2

"What are you scrounging for?" Yasuri Shichika approached his ally Connor Hawke, "The Green Arrow", playing around in the dirt.

"Motion sensors." The archer announced. "I got up early and found a whole bag full, just hanging from that tree over there!" Connor continued to his strategic placement of the tracking devices, his mind trying to piece together what such advanced technology would be doing in the middle of this forest. Right in the middle of his musings, the devices all suddenly went off in a blaring rage of sirens. Someone was approaching! But where? There was no one in sight! Almost as if he were invisi-

"Hurk!" In a single machine-like motion, Yasuri sensed the approaching rogue and sliced clean across his chest, instantly killing him with inhuman precision.

"What the-!" Connor reeled backwards, instantly reaching for his bow and taking aim at the ghost-like silhouette spraying blood everywhere. Some kind of demon?! No, can't be. Must have been an invisibility cloak or something...

"Who's this?" Yasuri asked with a tilt of his head. Connor slowly approached the limp ghost-body sprawled on the ground, and after a bit of feeling, removed the man's mask to reveal his face.

"...Probably just another creep like those guys we met yesterday. Nothing to worry about." The archer's keen eyes peered in contemplation. "This suit on the other hand..."

--------

Day 9

"Keep up." Boba Fett remarked to Hei as the two plunged deeper into the thick jungle. They had scavenged as much gear as they could from the corpses without weighing themselves down, and were back to square one: looking for answers.

"Wait!" Hei whispered sharply. He pointed into the distant green, and even with his helmet equipped the bounty hunter struggled to make out what he was pointing at. After a moment of concentration, he made out two figures stalking in the distance.

Setting his blaster to stun, Boba aimed and fired.

-------

"LOOK OUT!" The highly tuned senses of the world's best archer instantly noticed the beam, and he and his partner quickly dodged. Setting their sights on the attackers, the two teams engaged in a brutal fight to the death.

@fetts@floopay@dratini1331@the_red_viper Alright guys, here's a bit more on your perks for this round.

Dead bodies:

This one gives people extra weapons and equipment. He/she find a bunch of dead bodies outside their living space. The character realizes that these are characters from his universe. So take Fetts for example: Boba Fett would awake one day to see a bunch of Jedi, clones, and various type of alien scum hanging from trees right outside his living space. He just so happens to find equipment on each dead body that he wish he had with him. There would a limit of 10 different types of weapons (that come from the Star Wars Universe) that he could choose from that he'd add to Boba's inventory. Also be sure to keep in mind the weight factor. Like somebody couldn't have three variations of rocket launchers and still be just as agile as usual. People need to make sure that their new equipment wouldn't amount to a weight intolerable for the character. Another thing is, make sure people are reasonable. If you're Wolverine for example, you can't have another character's equipment exclusive to them (ex. BP's energy daggers, Spidey's webshooters, Cap's shield, etc.).

Both Fetts and Floopay have this perk.

Cloaking device:

No Caption Provided

Makes you immune to all types of visual aids. But it is not to immune to any other type of sense (ex. animal senses, hearing, etc.).

Dratini, this is for you (scrounged from that dude you pwnd) But oh no! The wound you inflicted on him damaged the device! Your cloaking will only last for 60 seconds, better make the most of it!

Motion detectors:

No Caption Provided

Whoever has this perk gets 10 motion detectors. They can be planted in the ground around their living space and alert the primary motion detector (which would be on the character's person), and feed the coordinates of any intruders. The primary motion detector also acts like a heartbeat sensor.

Red Viper, you had a day of prep to set these up around your home. And as fate would have it, you've been attacked right outside said home.

Ok. As for all of yall's living spaces! Like Fetts said earlier:

In this round, you will be able to take advantage of your defeated opponents' living spaces! However, out of the two defeated opponents' living areas, you can only choose one of to either conquer and claim as your own, or to bring all of the goodies from said living area back to your own. However if you choose to conquer, you of course have to swap the one you had last time with the new one. But you can still bring the equipment you had in the last one.

Also, last round most of you had to choose one out of two living areas. Well, in this round you can bring all the equipment from the living area that you and your partner didn't pick, to the one that you and your partner did pick (or to the one that you just conquered). Also, people with spaceships get to bring their spaceship to the other living area.

So just let me know if and what you're conquering, and if and what you're taking back to your living space before you start debating. Living spaces and equipment that you can take can be found in your previous matches (in the OP)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/atos-knightofzero-t-l-s-saiyanhulk-vs-dratini-the--1476738/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/atos-fetts-floopay-vs-thatguywithheadphones-skit-1476627/

I'll edit in the map and starting points once you guys tell me your living space situation. Be sure to do that before you start debating.

Also, don't forget about I said about prep!

You will have several days of prep to set up traps, security systems, contraptions, etc. with the weapons you have, the equipment from your living spaces, and any weapons you might obtain. Be reasonable with these though. Don't just assume your character is an expert in making traps for example. Give people good reason to believe that they're expert trap makers.

Phew! Ok! I think that's it! Good luck guys!

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those perks are imbalanced as f*ck

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

@dextersinister: Mostly because of Fetts. Hei can't do sh*t with that perk... At least not within the rules of this tournament.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By renamed040924

@floopay said:

@dextersinister: Mostly because of Fetts. Hei can't do sh*t with that perk... At least not within the rules of this tournament.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

As far as I'm aware, they were randomly chosen. Sorry :(

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Note to self: Never trust @nickzambuto with making an OP when I'm in involved.

I mean seriously bro????? I gave Big Boss some super hot mutant sex... And this is how you repay me?????????????????????????????????????? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit?.... Pwease

No Caption Provided

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

As far as I'm aware, they were randomly chosen. Sorry :(

And yes all perks were pre-set before the tournament began. Like I said, this is somewhat a game of luck.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team debater matches now? Interesting.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: You also said you think Deathstroke would smack both Big Boss and Black Panther around at the same time, which is a no-no.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hei finds 5 nuclear suitcase bombs, 2 Gas Masks, and 3 vapor dispensers that cover a 20 mile radius that dispense mustard gas on the 10 bodies... :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dextersinister

@fetts: No dice, it would be fine if you weren't in this tournament but you are. I have a solution for the randomization.

That perk is horribly overpowered for anyone from a large enough fictional setting it's pretty much an auto-win even staying within the limits, Dratini and RV would have a snowballs chance in hell against an assortment of star wars tek hand picked to beat them.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Dude! I just skimmed through your debate and you said that Deathstroke could be taken down by stealth. And then you posted Batman ambushing him. So I just assumed that was the plan!

@dextersinister Not necessarily. What if it were someone else? Say Deadpool? What could he really get? Just more modern weapons that most street-levelers could deal with like shotguns, snipers, etc. It's kinda the same thing here. The weapons I pick still have to follow the limits. And the weapons I've thought of so far really shouldn't too much for anybody to handle.

Furthermore, I don't have to pick 10 weapons. 10 weapons is just the limit. If anything my friend, you have the most unfairest perk of all in this round. Especially with Jarlaxle. But I'm not complaining. It was really nothing but luck of the draw that got you that perk.

The weapons I've been thinking of so far:

WESTAR M5 (this is pretty much an assault rifle in the form of a blaster. It also contains a mini-concussion missile launcher)

Carbonite gun (sprays liquid carbonite. It only has a range of like 5-7 ft.)

Lightsaber (Boba has been stated to have a collection of these actually)

Heartbeat sensor (Boba does have one)

SPAS-12 w/ heartbeat sensor (This would be from Floopay's weapon stock. And perks can be shared with partners as I put down in @nickzambuto's thread)

Dual Glock-18s

Flashbangs

And honestly, that's it. Boba doesn't need an excess of weapons. He's already got a bunch. Only four guns from the SW Universe and 3 from the modern world. 7 weapons in total when I could have had 20. All of those really aren't that overpowered. And some of which are weapons people already have in this tourney. I really don't see the big deal.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta agree with Fetts here. In all honesty, the invisible suit, even if it only lasts 60 seconds, can potentially blow every other perk out of the water, so team 2 isn't at a disadvantage at all.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Just wait until you see dextersinister's perk...

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

Why the F didn't I get any notification? I'm gonna have to read this through, gimme a few minutes lol

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Ya, that seems to happen a lot to people. I don't think people are notified in the OPs. Anywho, I'll tag @dratini1331 so he gets the message.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why the F didn't I get any notification? I'm gonna have to read this through, gimme a few minutes lol

Same!

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper: Ya, that seems to happen a lot to people. I don't think people are notified in the OPs. Anywho, I'll tag @dratini1331 so he gets the message.

What is this I don't even T.T Must've gotten swamped in all my other notis =( Lemme read through.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_red_viper  Moderator
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: So... what else do the sensors give me?

They'll tell you exactly where your opponents are pretty much.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 the_red_viper  Moderator
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @the_red_viper: @fetts: Alright, who wants to start this out?

I was going to get on this today, but I'm not feeling that great at the moment. I'll try to get on this tomorrow.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Floopay
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fetts

@dratini1331@the_red_viper@floopay

Let the games begin!

Alright. So firstly, we'll be taking our previous opponents' treehouse. We'll also be taking the stuff we had in the shack to our treehouse.

Furthermore, Boba will be taking the following equipment:

WESTAR M5 (this is pretty much an assault rifle in the form of a blaster. It also contains a mini-concussion missile launcher)

Carbonite gun (sprays liquid carbonite. It only has a range of like 5-7 ft.)

Lightsaber (Boba has been stated to have a collection of these actually)

Heartbeat sensor (Boba does have one)

SPAS-12 w/ heartbeat sensor (This and the following items below would be from Floopay's weapon stock. And perks can be shared with partners as I put down in @nickzambuto's thread)

Dual Glock-18s

Flashbangs

Hei will also be taking a blanket soaked in water, as well as several water bottles.

Our Team Strategy

Boba Fett will use his jetpack to come around your team. From there, he'll proceed to torch the forest area behind your guys with his flamethrower. This will give us several advantages. Firstly, this will block off any escape route you might use to lead us to any type of traps you might have set up during your prep time. Secondly, as the flames and smoke spread, you'll be forced to move forward into our turf. And better yet, this prevents you from setting up a position, stopping for precision attack, etc. You have to come to us.

Boba Fett vs Connor Hawke

No Caption Provided

vs

No Caption Provided

If Boba Fett is using his jetpack, it's logical to think that Connor will be the one to go after him since he's the only with any ranged attack capabilities on your team.

Arrows can be easily dodged by Boba. The bounty hunter has dodged blaster bolts and even has the reflexes to deal with Jedi. He'd certainly be able to dodge any direct impact from an arrow. And some of Connor's arrows do require to hit their target directly.

Furthermore, if Boba's in the air it'll be difficult for any trick arrows with a blast radius to effect Boba. Not to mention, Boba's Mandalorian armor is very durable.

(Read from right to left)

Even in the off chance that Connor did hit Boba with a trick arrow that has a blast radius, such as an explosive arrow, Boba would still be in this fight. Even incapacitating arrows such as glue arrows or net arrows could be easily and quickly countered by his flamethrower or lightsaber. That is, if he were even hit by one. A sonic arrow wouldn't have any effect either, since Boba's helmet makes him immune to such attacks.

Any type of arrows that contain any type of gas are also useless, since Boba has gas filters in his helmet (Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Wars: The Mandalorian Armor). Connor wouldn't even attempt to use flashbang or stun arrows in an open area like this.

In conclusion, Boba's reflexes, air superiority, maneuverability, armor, and weapons, as well as the environment they're in, deem Connor's weapons useless.

Meanwhile, Boba has plenty of weapons that could take Connor out of this fight. Connor might have the reflexes to dodge blaster bolts, but it won't take long for Boba to switch things up with his large variety of weapons.

^Just to name a few.

In the end, I believe Connor Hawke is the weak link on your team. Once Boba takes him out, he'll be able to aid Hei in his fight with Yasuri.

I'll leave @floopay to make an argument for Hei vs Yasuri. But that's all I have for now.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts: I havn't read it through, only a bit, I'll post a more detailed argument later.

Anywho, if Boba flies around, Connor can simply fire at Hei and take him out.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: That would be stupid. Connor is the only person on your team who has any hope of downing Boba while he's using his jetpack. If he focused his attention on Hei, Boba would take down with even more ease. And Yasuri couldn't do jack squat about it since he has no ranged attacks. Furthermore, Hei's is faster than Boba.. If Boba can deal with his arrows no problem, so can Hei. But I'll let @floopay argue for his character.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts

Well, let's start out with Connor's uncanny accuracy:

1. Perfect shot on a spaceship's engine from 2 miles away:

2. Splitting 2 arrows, in mid flight, clear in half:

No Caption Provided

I think he'ss good enough to hit a man with a jetpack, especially given the fact that he's faster than Deadshot:

No Caption Provided

Connor can dodge you shots with ease:

A few examples of Connor dodging fully automatic weapons

Oh, and just found this little gem as well:

No Caption Provided

And these:

Connor can use a boomerang arrow to surprise Boba from behind:

Powerful enough to go clear through... well, this

Connor can fire a number of arrows simultaneously:

No Caption Provided

Better yet:

No Caption Provided

Also, if you're going to torch the trees, Connor can fire an explosive arrow at them when you get there. The radius of the explosion is pretty big:

Top-right panel
Top-right panel

Also, if you look here, there are details about some of the trick arrows. It's specified that he explosive arrow can be remotely triggered:

No Caption Provided

And then there's the Bola arrow. The bola has a relatively wide range, and if Connor fires a few of those simultaneously, Boba would have a tough time dodging them:

No Caption Provided

And that's that in a nutshell.

I think Connor can take out Boba. His accuracy, speed (faster than Deadshot), and trick arrows will do the work for him, and effectively so.

And I havn't even started about his martial arts skills, he's definently one of DC's top 10 if not top 5, but I'll get to that later.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Well, let's start out with Connor's uncanny accuracy:

1. Perfect shot on a spaceship's engine from 2 miles away:

2. Splitting 2 arrows, in mid flight, clear in half:

No Caption Provided

I think he'ss good enough to hit a man with a jetpack, especially given the fact that he's faster than Deadshot:

No Caption Provided

Connor's accuracy is irrelevant. I've already proven that Boba has the reflexes to dodge arrows. Not Connor's ability to aim. His arrows.

Connor can dodge you shots with ease:

A few examples of Connor dodging fully automatic weapons

Oh, and just found this little gem as well:

No Caption Provided

And these:

I've already acknowledged that Connor could dodge blaster bolts from Boba. But like I said, Boba has an assortment of other weapons. He has many explosives such as mini-concussion missiles, thermal detonators, and a missile that launches from his jetpack. Any of these could take Connor down.

He has other weapons as well, much of which I posted in my opening argument (flamethrower, wrist cord, stun dart agents, concentrated deeb spray).

His flamethrower shows that is has enough concussive force to snap large chains designed for Rancors.
His flamethrower shows that is has enough concussive force to snap large chains designed for Rancors.
A showcase of Boba's sonic detonator.

And don't forget about his recently obtained weapons.

The carbonite gun will freeze anybody on contact with liquid carbonite.

The WESTAR M5 is an assault rifle in the form of a blaster. Again, Connor might be able to dodge blaster bolts, but explosions, like the under-barrel mini-concussion missile launcher could give Connor some trouble.
The WESTAR M5 is an assault rifle in the form of a blaster. Again, Connor might be able to dodge blaster bolts, but explosions, like the under-barrel mini-concussion missile launcher could give Connor some trouble.

Connor can use a boomerang arrow to surprise Boba from behind:

Firstly, Connor has morals. He wouldn't try to kill Boba. A disadvantage Boba doesn't have. Secondly, Boba's HUD display (Heads Up Display. A convenient name doncha think?) and audio filters would warn Boba of anything coming in behind him. Including a boomerang arrow.

Connor can fire a number of arrows simultaneously:

No Caption Provided

Better yet:

No Caption Provided

Again, Boba can dodge arrows and furthermore has great mobility with that jetpack of his.

No Caption Provided

Avoids a volley of blaster cannon fire (which are more lethal than arrows) from X-Wings and Y-Wings.

Also, if you're going to torch the trees, Connor can fire an explosive arrow at them when you get there. The radius of the explosion is pretty big:

Top-right panel
Top-right panel

Lol. That'd just help us by making the fire bigger. Boba isn't just torching the trees. He's torching all of the plant life behind you. Furthermore, Connor has no way whatsoever of telling that Boba would torch the forest behind them. He has no knowledge of Boba and his weapons, and has no basis to assume that he's going to use his flamethrower to set the forest behind them ablaze.

And lastly, those are Oliver Queen's explosive weapons. Not Connor's. You can't just assume his explosive arrows are going to be just as powerful. Not that it really matters anyways..

Also, if you look here, there are details about some of the trick arrows. It's specified that he explosive arrow can be remotely triggered:

No Caption Provided

And what good is that going to do exactly?

And then there's the Bola arrow. The bola has a relatively wide range, and if Connor fires a few of those simultaneously, Boba would have a tough time dodging them:

No Caption Provided

Oh wow. A bola arrow that managed to entangle a gun... superb range...

Even if the bola arrow did have a wide range, it's nothing a flamethrower or a lightsaber couldn't cut quickly.

I think Connor can take out Boba. His accuracy, speed (faster than Deadshot), and trick arrows will do the work for him, and effectively so.

And I havn't even started about his martial arts skills, he's definently one of DC's top 10 if not top 5, but I'll get to that later.

I've already countered that entire sentence.

Martial arts are irrelevant when Boba Fett is flying.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts:

Well, the main thing here is the explosive arrow. You asked:

And what good is that going to do exactly?

Let me tell you what good it's going to do:

Boba flies around with his jetpack. Connor shoots a number of arrows at him. Boba dodges, but the very moment the arrows brush past him, Connor remotely detonates them and down goes Boba.

And lastly, those are Oliver Queen's explosive weapons. Not Connor's. You can't just assume his explosive arrows are going to be just as powerful. Not that it really matters anyways..

Actually, the trick arrows Connor uses are either his dad's old arrows or arrows based off them.

Firstly, Connor has morals. He wouldn't try to kill Boba.

Maiming sounds just as effective to me.

Boba's HUD display (Heads Up Display. A convenient name doncha think?) and audio filters would warn Boba of anything coming in behind him. Including a boomerang arrow.

So Boba would have to deal with arrows coming from behind him and from in front of him. Connor can fire arrows at blinding speeds (look at that Deadshot scan I posted earlier, that shows Connor is faster than him).

So, if Connor fires a bunch of boomerangs, and straight after he fires a bunch of explosives, I don't see Boba getting out of that in one piece.

Also, Connor can use a time-bomb arrow that'd detonate in mid air next to Boba.

Didn't you say it's got a really short range?

I've already acknowledged that Connor could dodge blaster bolts from Boba. But like I said, Boba has an assortment of other weapons. He has many explosives such as mini-concussion missiles, thermal detonators, and a missile that launches from his jetpack. Any of these could take Connor down.

Connor could take those out with his arrows, like he did to the 2 arrows in the scan I showed you.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper:

Boba flies around with his jetpack. Connor shoots a number of arrows at him. Boba dodges, but the very moment the arrows brush past him, Connor remotely detonates them and down goes Boba.

Boba Fett is traveling with a jetpack that can go up to 90 mph. He'd be pretty clear of the explosion, or even the arrow itself for that matter, by the time Connor pressed the trigger. You also have to keep in mind that Boba would be relatively close to you guys. If you created an explosion too large and detonated it too close you're likely to damage yourselves.

You're also assuming that Connor would know of Boba's durability. He doesn't.

Actually, the trick arrows Connor uses are either his dad's old arrows or arrows based off them.

But the scan says he just picked those arrows out of the JLA trophy room. Seems to me that those arrows aren't his standard equipment. So again, I don't you can assume they're as powerful. And even if they were, I'm confident that it wouldn't matter.

Maiming sounds just as effective to me.

It's not. Even though said maiming wouldn't work due to his HUD, his reflexes, and his armor's durability, it takes more than an arrow wound to take down Boba.

So Boba would have to deal with arrows coming from behind him and from in front of him.

So? That's perfectly fine. With the combination of his reflexes, jetpack speed, and maneuverability, Boba could deal with that just fine.

Connor can fire arrows at blinding speeds (look at that Deadshot scan I posted earlier, that shows Connor is faster than him).

What that shows is one panel of an entire fight. It's incomplete and we don't know the context and circumstances of that fight. Furthermore, even people like Constantine Drakon and Lady Shiva have reflexes to deal with Connor's arrows. If that's the case, Deadshot should too. Thus making that feat PIS/CIS. Unless we have any more proof of this "blinding speed" shooting?

So, if Connor fires a bunch of boomerangs, and straight after he fires a bunch of explosives, I don't see Boba getting out of that in one piece.

I've already countered this.

Also, Connor can use a time-bomb arrow that'd detonate in mid air next to Boba.

It's the same situation with Connor's explosive arrow detonation tactic. Boba's flight, reflexes, and durability are just too much for the explosive arrow to make a significant effect.

Didn't you say it's got a really short range?

Kind of. But the carbonite gun is nothing but one out of many options Boba has. I was just listing all of the other weapons Boba has other than blasters.

Connor could take those out with his arrows, like he did to the 2 arrows in the scan I showed you.

He could, but the explosion would still happen close enough to your team. And since Boba is swooping by, he'd already be pretty clear from the explosion. Connor and Yasuri wouldn't be though.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts

First of all, 2 things:

1. About the morals-OP specifically says it's a "brutal fight to the death". I think that covers morals.

2. About the teams being close to one another, I don't think that's the case. The OP says about Boba: "After a moment of concentration, he made out two figures stalking in the distance." That covers distance.

Boba Fett is traveling with a jetpack that can go up to 90 mph

Really not too fast for an arrow.

He'd be pretty clear of the explosion, or even the arrow itself for that matter, by the time Connor pressed the trigger.

Connor would press the trigger the moment the arrow is next to Boba. it'd be essentially like stepping on a landmine.

You also have to keep in mind that Boba would be relatively close to you guys. If you created an explosion too large and detonated it too close you're likely to damage yourselves.

Covered that.

You're also assuming that Connor would know of Boba's durability. He doesn't.

I'm not assuming that because it doesn't matter. An explosion would at the very least throw you down to the ground and injure you.

But the scan says he just picked those arrows out of the JLA trophy room. Seems to me that those arrows aren't his standard equipment. So again, I don't you can assume they're as powerful. And even if they were, I'm confident that it wouldn't matter.

Yes, those are Ollie's standard equipment. And Connor's arrows are based off his dad's. But it doesn't matter, since dodging an arrow means that the arrow would pass a few centimeters from Boba, and any explosion would be enough to hit Boba from a few centimeters away.

It's not. Even though said maiming wouldn't work due to his HUD, his reflexes, and his armor's durability, it takes more than an arrow wound to take down Boba.

An arrow to the knee (pun not intended) sounds very effective. Any boomerang arrow would be enough to wound Boba and make him an easier target.

So? That's perfectly fine. With the combination of his reflexes, jetpack speed, and maneuverability, Boba could deal with that just fine.

No, not really. Dealing with arrows coming from multiple directions is very different than dealing with arrows coming from only one direction. Can you prove that Boba can deal with fire from multiple directions?

By the way, how does the HUD work, exactly? Is it like a radar?

What that shows is one panel of an entire fight. It's incomplete and we don't know the context and circumstances of that fight. Furthermore, even people like Constantine Drakon and Lady Shiva have reflexes to deal with Connor's arrows. If that's the case, Deadshot should too. Thus making that feat PIS/CIS. Unless we have any more proof of this "blinding speed" shooting?

It wasn't for the purpose of showing you how fast Connor's arrows are, just how fast his shots are. How fast he can draw, aim and fire. Which is faster than Deadshot.

And no, Deadshot isn't even close to Shiva and Drakon. He's a decent h2h fighter but comparing him to either Shiva or Drakon is, pardon me, rediculous.

It's the same situation with Connor's explosive arrow detonation tactic. Boba's flight, reflexes, and durability are just too much for the explosive arrow to make a significant effect.

The force of the explosion would be enough to at least draw Boba off course and down to the ground. Even if the arrow won't do any significant damage (and I already explained why it would), the shockwave would definently hit Boba.

He could, but the explosion would still happen close enough to your team. And since Boba is swooping by, he'd already be pretty clear from the explosion. Connor and Yasuri wouldn't be though.

Covered that.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper

I don't enough time to make a full response, but I'll respond to this:

@fetts

First of all, 2 things:

1. About the morals-OP specifically says it's a "brutal fight to the death". I think that covers morals.

It shouldn't. I (the maker of this tourney) made it clear that morals would apply for everybody before the tournament started. @nickzambuto apparently didn't know that (and if he could edit that, it'd be appreciated). But morals do apply.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper

@fetts

First of all, 2 things:

It shouldn't. I (the maker of this tourney) made it clear that morals would apply for everybody before the tournament started. @nickzambuto apparently didn't know that (and if he could edit that, it'd be appreciated). But morals do apply.

That was just one line I used to set the seen for the battle, it really gives no indication on the character's mental states considering no one fighting is really opposed to killing.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper

@fetts

First of all, 2 things:

That was just one line I used to set the seen for the battle, it really gives no indication on the character's mental states considering no one fighting is really opposed to killing.

So... would Connor kill?

And can you clear that distance issue too? How far are we from one another when the fight starts?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto said:

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper

@fetts

First of all, 2 things:

So... would Connor kill?

And can you clear that distance issue too? How far are we from one another when the fight starts?

Does he normally kill? I thought he did but I guess I was wrong.

You're uh, 50 feet apart.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fetts

@the_red_viper: See ya. A 90 mph jetpack can clear 50 ft. in like half a second. So again, if Connor launched an absolutely huge explosion at Boba, it'd effect Connor too.

I'll have to make a full response tomorrow.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_red_viper  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Umm no, don't think so.

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper: See ya. A 90 mph jetpack can clear 50 ft. in like half a second. So again, if Connor launched an absolutely huge explosion at Boba, it'd effect Connor too.

You still need to launch into the air. Let's say it'd take you like a second to launch and reach the altitude you want. By then, Connor would have a volley of explosives making their way to you. His reaction time is good enough to detonate the arrows the moment they brush past you. So I wouldn't say Connor and Shichika are going to get hit.

By the way, @dratini1331, where the F are you?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dratini1331

@the_red_viper said:

@nickzambuto: Umm no, don't think so.

@fetts said:

You still need to launch into the air. Let's say it'd take you like a second to launch and reach the altitude you want. By then, Connor would have a volley of explosives making their way to you. His reaction time is good enough to detonate the arrows the moment they brush past you. So I wouldn't say Connor and Shichika are going to get hit.

By the way, @dratini1331, where the F are you?

Fuuuuu- I forgot. I got this Bookmarked now! We got dis!

Alright, so then, I'm against @floopay? Well, who's he got? Chinese Electric Batman? ... Okay, this is gonna be an interesting one!

Let's begin with some speed:

http://www.animeultima.tv/katanagatari-episode-12-english-subbed/ <--full episode w/ english substitles, fight starts at 33 minutes

Loading Video...

Quick link for those who are too lazy to sit through the episode

Shichika is crazy fast. he's capable of creating after images and easily performs some insane speed feats! Now, let's begin with what people first notice, "He gets shot! what is this nonsense! He isn't that fast!" False! my friends fear not, because he can in fact dodge all of those rounds. You see, if you have the right language, you'll notice that Emonzaemon (the ninja man shooting him, real ninja use guns) believes Shichika dodged every bullet. In fact, after seeing him get hit, emonzaemon wonders why he would purposefully take the hits!

You see, that Shichika was purposefully getting hit because Emonzaemon had killed his love, and as a result, he also wished to die. Shichika is very much so capable of dodging bullets, and likely is above even that. Based on what I've seen and what I remember, he should have hei majorly outclassed in terms of speed.

next, let's touch on something a little bigger: Hei's Matter manipulation. You see, Shichika has 0 problems killing anyone he's supposed to, and even those he isn't. Shichika also kills them very quickly. As the master of a Martial Arts Dojo, Shichika is an extremely capable warrior and can kill or incapacitate his opponents in 1-2 hits with extreme ease. He's also referred to as a "sword" for a reason, his body can slice and dice people!

Basically, Hei gets blitzed by the invisible Shichika, and goes to help out Connor after disposing of Hei! Your turn @floopay ^_^

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper

.. Are you serious? This isn't some ancient dinosaur tech. This is Star Wars tech! It doesn't take Boba's jetpack a full second to launch. It's instantaneous!

Also, Boba would be launching diagonally, lie an airplane. Not vertically and then horizontally. He'd also be like 20 ft. above the ground or so if he's torching the forest and the plant-life behind you. So he's really not gaining much of an altitude.

Really not too fast for an arrow.

That's not my point. My point is that a 90 mph should be able to mostly get clear out of that explosion by the time Connor detonates it. Any part of the explosion that'd nick Boba, would be shielded by his Mandalorian armor.

Connor would press the trigger the moment the arrow is next to Boba. it'd be essentially like stepping on a landmine.

And honestly, I seriously question Connor's ability to do that. Let's do some math. Connor carries a traditional bow. Arrows fired from those are 120mph/177fps. Boba is coming in behind you and he'd be like 15 to 20 ft. away from you. That arrow would take approximately a fourteenth of a second to reach 15 to 20 ft (I did do the math). And you're expecting Connor to reach into his pocket, grab the detonator, and push the button all under a fourteenth of a second (about 67 milliseconds)? All while using his agility to dodge blaster bolts and whatnot? And all assuming that Connor would know of Boba's durability and that an explosive arrow would kill him? Ya. You're strategy is seriously flawed.

I thinking that detonation feature on the explosive arrows is for trapping purposes. Like, it'd be used the same way C4 is used. Somebody walks by the explosive, and it's remotely detonated.

And again, Boba does have the reflexes to arrows. He's shown that he can dodge blaster bolts at even closer distances that 15 or 20 ft.

Just a note to all who have seen me use this feat before: Before, I did indeed used to say that Boba dodged aim here, and not the blaster bolt. And that was because of a conversation I had with Silver a while back. He said something that if Boba could dodge blaster bolts, then he wouldn't have tanked a volley of blaster bolts in another particular instance (I've posted that many times before as well so you probably know what I'm talking about). Or something along those lines. But I've been thinking, so what? Characters like Wolverine do both tanking and dodging all of the times because they have both the reflexes and durability to do so. So why not Boba? If Boba can repeatedly own Jedi, who have the superhuman speed, reflexes, and even precognition to boot to counter blaster bolts, then logically Boba should be able to dodge blaster bolts themselves.
Just a note to all who have seen me use this feat before: Before, I did indeed used to say that Boba dodged aim here, and not the blaster bolt. And that was because of a conversation I had with Silver a while back. He said something that if Boba could dodge blaster bolts, then he wouldn't have tanked a volley of blaster bolts in another particular instance (I've posted that many times before as well so you probably know what I'm talking about). Or something along those lines. But I've been thinking, so what? Characters like Wolverine do both tanking and dodging all of the times because they have both the reflexes and durability to do so. So why not Boba? If Boba can repeatedly own Jedi, who have the superhuman speed, reflexes, and even precognition to boot to counter blaster bolts, then logically Boba should be able to dodge blaster bolts themselves.

Blaster bolts, which according to the extreme nerds out there, travel 150 mps (or 335 mph/492 fps). That's significantly faster than an arrow's 120 mph/177fps. So Boba can dodge arrows very easily.

I'm not assuming that because it doesn't matter. An explosion would at the very least throw you down to the ground and injure you.

Ha! Good one!

Boba's armor could just be for show and isn't as durable as jacksquat for all Connor knows. He wouldn't risk shooting an explosive arrow in the first place because he has no idea if it'd kill Boba or not.

Yes, those are Ollie's standard equipment. And Connor's arrows are based off his dad's. But it doesn't matter, since dodging an arrow means that the arrow would pass a few centimeters from Boba, and any explosion would be enough to hit Boba from a few centimeters away.

Yes, based off his father's arrows. They're not the same. Connor's explosive arrows could be weaker for all you know. Not that it really matters either way.

An arrow to the knee (pun not intended) sounds very effective. Any boomerang arrow would be enough to wound Boba and make him an easier target.

Well ignoring that Boba can easily dodge any of Connor's arrows, this is the guy who fought his way out of the Sarlacc (for days straight iirc) and survived an explosion that killed the Sarlacc and nearly himself. He's endured through worse. I have no doubt Boba could fight well with an arrow wound.

Furthermore, an arrow wouldn't be able to puncture his armor nor his clothing in the first place.

As you can see, Boba's armor has resisted his flamethrower's fire, practically tanked a missile, and completely tanked blaster bolts. And his clothing kept his limbs from being incinerated by his flamethrower, and kept them from being blown off by the missile as well. His clothing is a kevlar-like material.

So even if Boba didn't have the reflexes to dodge arrows, the arrows would just bounce of anyways.

No, not really. Dealing with arrows coming from multiple directions is very different than dealing with arrows coming from only one direction. Can you prove that Boba can deal with fire from multiple directions?

By the way, how does the HUD work, exactly? Is it like a radar?

Think of it this way: You're Connor Hawke. You fire a 120 mph boomerang arrow at a 90 mph Boba Fett. Boba Fett dodges the arrow. By the time the arrow slows down and starts to curve back, Boba's already past the point where the arrow would travel in the opposite direction it was fired at, by the the time Connor shot another pointed arrow at Boba. See what I mean? And again, the arrows wouldn't even puncture the armor in the first place.

Not quite. One of the features Boba's HUD has is a 360 degree field-of-vision. Not that he really needs it anyways.

It wasn't for the purpose of showing you how fast Connor's arrows are, just how fast his shots are. How fast he can draw, aim and fire. Which is faster than Deadshot.

And no, Deadshot isn't even close to Shiva and Drakon. He's a decent h2h fighter but comparing him to either Shiva or Drakon is, pardon me, rediculous.

I still want to call bull on that. Assuming there weren't special circumstances that is.

I'm not comparing Floyd's H2H combat ability to Shiva's and Drakon's. I agree, that'd be ridiculous. I'm comparing his reflexes to Shiva's and Drakon's. This is the guy who's tagged speedsters (like Owen Mercer) more than once, and stalemated Deathstroke in a quick draw. This is also the guy who fought Oliver Queen pretty evenly, whom I'm pretty certain is Connor's superior.

The force of the explosion would be enough to at least draw Boba off course and down to the ground. Even if the arrow won't do any significant damage (and I already explained why it would), the shockwave would definently hit Boba.

Why do you say that? I showed you a scan of Boba practically tanking a direct hit from a missile. He received no broken bones, probably was sent a mere couple of feet back, and only didn't get up because the rubble trapped him. The explosion wouldn't effect Boba too much since the jetpack would enable him to be pretty clear of it for the most part. And the Mandalorian armor's durability could just take the rest.

Let's also not forget that Connor wouldn't risk firing an explosive arrow in the first place.

Covered that.

I don't believe you did cover the fact that the explosion would still effect your team if he shot it out of the air. And that Boba would be effected by it least of all.

Conclusion

Boba has a multitude of reasons as to why Connor's arrows wouldn't effect him. His reflexes are much too fast for arrows to directly hit him. And even if he didn't have said reflexes, his armor's and clothing's durability would prevent arrows from puncturing as well. And even if it weren't for his durability, Boba could endure through an arrow wound. And if it wasn't for his endurance... then Boba would be screwed. But fortunately, Boba has his reflexes, durability, endurance, all of it ;)

The one arrow that has the best chance out of all of Connor's trick arrows is the explosive arrows. But due to Connor's lack of knowledge on Boba, Connor wouldn't even risk firing one of those since he has no idea if one would kill him or not. And even if Connor would risk it, it wouldn't matter for a couple of reasons. One: Connor wouldn't be able to detonate an explosive arrow in time. Thus making it hard for him to make the explosive arrow have any effect on Boba at all. Two: Boba's jetpack speed would allow him to keep clear out of the explosion mostly. And any part of the explosion that'd nick Boba wouldn't matter due to his armor's durability. Meanwhile, Boba has plenty of explosives that would effect Connor and Yasuri, regardless if Connor shot them out of the air or not. Furthermore, Boba has other weapons than just blasters and explosives such as his sonic detonator, his flamethrower, his Carbonite gun, etc. All of which would also effect Connor.

So ya, Connor's screwed.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts:

That's not my point. My point is that a 90 mph should be able to mostly get clear out of that explosion by the time Connor detonates it. Any part of the explosion that'd nick Boba, would be shielded by his Mandalorian armor.

That's also not my point. I'm not aiming to hurt you with the explosion, I'm aiming to throw you off course. The force of the explosion would do that even if it wouldn't directly hit you. And like you said, you're not gaining that much of an altitude, so you'd crash down before you regain control. Imagine a shockwave pushing you violently from behind.

And honestly, I seriously question Connor's ability to do that. Let's do some math. Connor carries a traditional bow. Arrows fired from those are 120mph/177fps. Boba is coming in behind you and he'd be like 15 to 20 ft. away from you. That arrow would take approximately a fourteenth of a second to reach 15 to 20 ft (I did do the math). And you're expecting Connor to reach into his pocket, grab the detonator, and push the button all under a fourteenth of a second (about 67 milliseconds)? All while using his agility to dodge blaster bolts and whatnot? And all assuming that Connor would know of Boba's durability and that an explosive arrow would kill him? Ya. You're strategy is seriously flawed.

Firstly, why wouldn't Connor have the detonator in his hand in the first place? I don't think he'd be dumb enough to not prepare the second he sees an upcoming fight. And Connor definently has good enough reflexes to detonate the explosives at the right moment:

A great example of his speed, agility and reflexes
Lady goddamn Shiva
Lady goddamn Shiva
Connor split two arrows mid flight clear in half. Like you said, these were going at 120mph, which is faster than Boba.
Connor split two arrows mid flight clear in half. Like you said, these were going at 120mph, which is faster than Boba.
Complete darkness
Complete darkness

Dodging point blank automatic weapons while shooting arrows
Catching an arrow and throwing it back at his attacker with perfect accuracy, all in the space of a heartbeat
Catching an arrow and throwing it back at his attacker with perfect accuracy, all in the space of a heartbeat
Dodging and tagging Drajon
Taking down a chopper by hitting its blades

Secondly, umm... I might have misunderstood you but why exactly is Boba coming from behind? The two teams face eachother in the beginning.

Third, Connor's not using a standard bow, his bow is much more powerful. He managed to go clear through a robot's head with a regular arrow (I'll look for the scan, if I can't find it I'll take a picture of my comic book with my phone and upload it later). He also KOd this guy, and I think it's a Martian (like Jonn):

Still, not sure if it's a Martian

Also, it's kinda hard to read, but I DID catch that GA"s bow is 125 pound draw weight (which is a lot):

No Caption Provided

I thinking that detonation feature on the explosive arrows is for trapping purposes. Like, it'd be used the same way C4 is used. Somebody walks by the explosive, and it's remotely detonated.

The explosives are definently designed to injure, not to kill. Good enough for me, like I said, all I need is the shockwave.

Blaster bolts, which according to the extreme nerds out there, travel 150 mps (or 335 mph/492 fps). That's significantly faster than an arrow's 120 mph/177fps. So Boba can dodge arrows very easily.

Not saying he can't. I'm saying that Connor's good enough to detonate the explosives at the right moment for it to sway Boba.

Ha! Good one!

Boba's armor could just be for show and isn't as durable as jacksquat for all Connor knows. He wouldn't risk shooting an explosive arrow in the first place because he has no idea if it'd kill Boba or not.

First of all, from a distance, and coming at 90mph (especially on a jetpack and with all that tech gear on him), Boba looks more like a robot or something than a man. And we've seen how much Connor cares for robots.

Second of all, even if Boba WOULD appear human, his armor really does look like it could easily protect him from an explosion that isn't meant for killing in the first place. So that's not really a risk. Connor would probably figure out that he's not going to be able to directly hurt you, that armor seems really tough.

By the way...

Does Connor still have his morals on?

Also:

Looks kinda morals-off to me

Third, like I said, I'm not aiming to injure you directly. I'm aiming to make you lose control of your jetpack and crash down to the ground. The fall, in your velocity, would certainly leave a mark, and of course you'd land pretty close to me and Shichika. Which is very, very bad for you.

Yes, based off his father's arrows. They're not the same. Connor's explosive arrows could be weaker for all you know. Not that it really matters either way.

Yes, it really doesn't, since any explosion would be good enough to sway you off course.

Well ignoring that Boba can easily dodge any of Connor's arrows, this is the guy who fought his way out of the Sarlacc (for days straight iirc) and survived an explosion that killed the Sarlacc and nearly himself. He's endured through worse. I have no doubt Boba could fight well with an arrow wound.

Furthermore, an arrow wouldn't be able to puncture his armor nor his clothing in the first place.

Like I said, not my intention.

I still want to call bull on that. Assuming there weren't special circumstances that is.

I'll try to find the rest.

I'm not comparing Floyd's H2H combat ability to Shiva's and Drakon's. I agree, that'd be ridiculous. I'm comparing his reflexes to Shiva's and Drakon's. This is the guy who's tagged speedsters (like Owen Mercer) more than once, and stalemated Deathstroke in a quick draw. This is also the guy who fought Oliver Queen pretty evenly, whom I'm pretty certain is Connor's superior.

I've shown you plenty of scans that show Connor's reflexes.

And Ollie is certainly NOT superion to Connor:

Yes, those are Connor and Ollie

Why do you say that? I showed you a scan of Boba practically tanking a direct hit from a missile. He received no broken bones, probably was sent a mere couple of feet back, and only didn't get up because the rubble trapped him. The explosion wouldn't effect Boba too much since the jetpack would enable him to be pretty clear of it for the most part. And the Mandalorian armor's durability could just take the rest.

The arrow isn't supposed to kill you. I'm not saying the explosion is powerful enough to wound Boba. I'm saying it's going to send him down to the ground.

Let's also not forget that Connor wouldn't risk firing an explosive arrow in the first place.

Covered that.

Boba has a multitude of reasons as to why Connor's arrows wouldn't effect him. His reflexes are much too fast for arrows to directly hit him. And even if he didn't have said reflexes, his armor's and clothing's durability would prevent arrows from puncturing as well. And even if it weren't for his durability, Boba could endure through an arrow wound. And if it wasn't for his endurance... then Boba would be screwed. But fortunately, Boba has his reflexes, durability, endurance, all of it ;)

Yes, but he would still lose control of his flight when the shockwave gets him.

The one arrow that has the best chance out of all of Connor's trick arrows is the explosive arrows. But due to Connor's lack of knowledge on Boba, Connor wouldn't even risk firing one of those since he has no idea if one would kill him or not.

He would indeed fire the explosive arrow. One, Boba doesn't appear human at all. Two, his armor looks good enough to take on an explosion that isn't supposed to kill in the first place. Three, Connor's morals are VERY questionable.

Connor wouldn't be able to detonate an explosive arrow in time. Thus making it hard for him to make the explosive arrow have any effect on Boba at all.

Yes he would.

Boba's jetpack speed would allow him to keep clear out of the explosion mostly. And any part of the explosion that'd nick Boba wouldn't matter due to his armor's durability.

90 mph isn't fast enough to avoid an explosion's shockwave. And durable as he may be, it's his stability in question, not durability.

So ya, Connor's screwed.

I tend to disagree.

By the way, something isn't really clear, now that I think of it.

Are we in the middle of the forest with trees everywhere? In a clearing? Please clear this up @nickzambuto, if you can... I dunno... draw the surrounding area or something?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By renamed040924

I described the area in the OP. Basically Arrow and Yasuri are in their homebase, with Fett and Hei storming from the forest nearby. Said forest begins 50 feet away from the house full circle. The house itself is in a clearing.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts

Hei

No Caption Provided

Peak Human - Hei is at peak human physical condition, and possibly even slightly above.

Speed - Speed is one of Hei's greatest assets, allowing him to dodge bullets with ease, and outpacing other peak humans.

Agility/Acrobatics - Hei can contort his body in seemingly impossible maneuvers in order to gain an advantage over his opponents. He doesn't always rely on his acrobatics to defeat his opponents, but has shown that it can be a key tool towards his victory.

Superb Marksman - Hei can easily hit an opponent between the eyes while falling/suspended in air from over 20+ meters away with no problem, and simultaneously grapple a rail with the same maneuver.

Master Martial Artist - Hei has been disposing of Super Humans for several years, earning him the title the "Black Reaper". There have been little to no other contractors who can match Hei's level of skill.

Electric Manipulation / Molecular Manipulation - Hei has the ability to generate incredible amounts of electricity, which he often uses to kill his opponents in both ranged and melee combat. He cannot conjure bolts of electricity, but he can send his attacks across any conductive medium. Additionally, Hei can manipulate matter on a quantum level to a very lesser degree. When receiving an incredible amplification to his power, he was able to destroy a large portion of South America. However, at standard levels (as he is here), he has so far only used it to cause a trigger device in a handgun to malfunction. So, again, it's very minor.

Standard Equipment:

Mask - Hei wears a protective mask to protect his face and his identity. He usually has several, but only keeps one on his person

Wire - Hei carries a wire on him that he uses both offensively and defensively. It has a couple dozen meteors or more of length to it.

Knife - Hei carries several knives with him, which he uses in both ranged and melee combat.

Hei's Coat - When combined with his power, it provides an incredible amount of resistance to piercing and slashing weaponry, but only a moderate amount of protection to blunt force

As you can see Hei has some immense reflexes.

Wei can disintegrate anything his blood touches. Hei is able to fake his death here and defeat Wei later.

Should also be noted that blood is conductive, and Hei can send his electrical shock through blood.

Loading Video...

Hei vs. Multiple Contractors simultaneously

Hei can deal with invisibles, he has in the past. This guy goes invisible at the beginning of the fight (completely invisible), and Hei is able to pinpoint his location with ease.

0:35 - 0:45 - Guy goes invisible, team begins attacking Hei

0:45 - 1:00 - Hei dodges a dozen or more projectiles with ease.

1:00 - 1:15 - Hei kills a guy with ranged and pinpoint accuracy

1:15- 1:25 - Hei's coat deflects all projectiles without damage, and he takes out a guy with one well aimed shot

1:25- End - Catches the invisible guy.

Loading Video...

Hei vs. Contractors

Explains his coat, and shows off his wire, and overall skill and ability a bit.

Loading Video...

Normal Arrows

Should be rendered relatively useless against Hei's coat. The trick arrows may actually do some damage. However, this gives Hei quite a bit of an advantage.

Cover

There is plenty of cover for Hei to use against any assault his direction.

The Fight

Hei will coordinate with Boba to take on the closest targets. He bypass any and all durability advantages because of his ability. Any durability advantage gained through equipment should easily be bypassed by his electrical attacks. Additionally, he has the wire and knives for ranged attacks and maneuverability. In medium or close combat, Hei has the advantage here. In long distance, Hei has plenty of smoke and cover to avoid attacks, plus his coat.

Stealth

Because of all the smoke and explosions that go on starting the battle, Hei should pretty easily be able to disappear and seek out his opponents assassination style.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I'll give you a response tomorrow.

I described the area in the OP. Basically Arrow and Yasuri are in their homebase, with Fett and Hei storming from the forest nearby. Said forest begins 50 feet away from the house full circle. The house itself is in a clearing.

Wait what? The OP does not say that at all. The OP says:

Day 9

"Keep up." Boba Fett remarked to Hei as the two plunged deeper into the thick jungle. They had scavenged as much gear as they could from the corpses without weighing themselves down, and were back to square one: looking for answers.

"Wait!" Hei whispered sharply. He pointed into the distant green, and even with his helmet equipped the bounty hunter struggled to make out what he was pointing at. After a moment of concentration, he made out two figures stalking in the distance.

-------

"LOOK OUT!" The highly tuned senses of the world's best archer instantly noticed the beam, and he and his partner quickly dodged. Setting their sights on the attackers, the two teams engaged in a brutal fight to the death.

He pointed into the distant green at two figures stalking. You don't know stalk in your own house. The OP mentions nothing about their mansion, and implies that they're in a forest.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper: I'll give you a response tomorrow.

@nickzambuto said:

Wait what? The OP does not say that at all. The OP says:

Day 9

-------

He pointed into the distant green at two figures stalking. You don't know stalk in your own house. The OP mentions nothing about their mansion, and implies that they're in a forest.

Well he DID say that the fight takes place outside the mansion now that I re-read the OP.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By renamed040924

@fetts: Oh, bleck I just read it and you're right. I had GA and Yasuri flee inside originally but then decided to take it out.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Ya but that doesn't necessarily mean that they started in the open area. It could mean the forest surrounding the open area.

@nickzambuto So which is it? Forest, open area, or inside?

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts said:

@the_red_viper: Ya but that doesn't necessarily mean that they started in the open area. It could mean the forest surrounding the open area.

I know.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fetts

@the_red_viper

That's also not my point. I'm not aiming to hurt you with the explosion, I'm aiming to throw you off course. The force of the explosion would do that even if it wouldn't directly hit you. And like you said, you're not gaining that much of an altitude, so you'd crash down before you regain control. Imagine a shockwave pushing you violently from behind.

But like I said, the durability of the Mandalorian armor would prevent any nicking of the explosion (which includes the shockwave) from having any effect on Boba.

Firstly, why wouldn't Connor have the detonator in his hand in the first place? I don't think he'd be dumb enough to not prepare the second he sees an upcoming fight.

Because that'd be acting as if Connor knew Boba had the reflexes to dodge an explosive arrow. You can't just assume Connor would be ready for that because he wouldn't. He doesn't know Boba.

And Connor definently has good enough reflexes to detonate the explosives at the right moment:

Lady goddamn Shiva
Lady goddamn Shiva
Complete darkness
Complete darkness

He really doesn't. None of that proves that he'd be able to detonate it in a fourteenth of a second. I mean seriously, think about that. A fourteenth of a second equals 67 milliseconds. There are 1000 milliseconds in one second. 67 milliseconds out of a thousand. And keep in mind that Connor wouldn't be prepared to do that in the first place, because again he doesn't know Boba. He'd have no reason to assume that he'd need to. By the time he shoots the arrow and sees the arrow miss him, he wouldn't even have the time to think about detonating the arrow. Much of your strategy is assuming that Connor knows of Boba's capabilities and that he'll be prepared for them. Again, he doesn't know Boba.

Also, unlike Boba, arrows don't have reflexes.

Secondly, umm... I might have misunderstood you but why exactly is Boba coming from behind? The two teams face eachother in the beginning.

Yes, they start out facing each other. But Boba is using his jetpack to get in behind your team, and then using his flamethrower to set the vegetation behind you guys ablaze.

Third, Connor's not using a standard bow, his bow is much more powerful. He managed to go clear through a robot's head with a regular arrow (I'll look for the scan, if I can't find it I'll take a picture of my comic book with my phone and upload it later). He also KOd this guy, and I think it's a Martian (like Jonn):

What do you mean? Look at the picture you just posted dude. That's a traditional bow. How is it more powerful? That's the same exact design for a traditional bow. What is the design difference that makes his bow more powerful? I'll give you a hint: there is none.

Him being able to puncture a robot's head doesn't really mean his bow shoots faster. It's probably just special that tips that allowed it to puncture the head. Most comic book archers have notably sharp arrows. As for that scan, that's not a White Martian.

These are White Martians.

If it was one, it'd be hilariously stupid that a boxing glove arrow would take him out.

Also, it's kinda hard to read, but I DID catch that GA"s bow is 125 pound draw weight (which is a lot):

No Caption Provided

Haha! Good. You just proved that Connor has a traditional bow.

The explosives are definently designed to injure, not to kill. Good enough for me, like I said, all I need is the shockwave.

The explosives are definitely designed to injure? Since when were explosives designed to injure? And you've provided no basis for this at all.

Not saying he can't. I'm saying that Connor's good enough to detonate the explosives at the right moment for it to sway Boba.

Went over that.

First of all, from a distance, and coming at 90mph (especially on a jetpack and with all that tech gear on him), Boba looks more like a robot or something than a man. And we've seen how much Connor cares for robots.

Bullcrap! Boba does not look like a robot. 50 ft. wouldn't make a difference to anybody, especially with somebody who supposedly has superb vision. Remember? Anybody with intelligence can tell he's wearing armor. And clothing? Since when did robots wear clothing? Especially on the inside of whatever metal they have?? Why?

Why? Why would you assume Boba is a robot? Oh wait, let me guess what you're thinking. "Uh... er... he's wearing metal and stuff..."

Really? Ssssooo knights, stormtroopers, motorcycle riders, Jetpack Man, Tom Brady, and Tuukka Rask all look like robots to you too?

You're really just reaching at this point dude.

You're seriously telling me this guy looks like a robot to you???
You're seriously telling me this guy looks like a robot to you???

Second of all, even if Boba WOULD appear human, his armor really does look like it could easily protect him from an explosion that isn't meant for killing in the first place. So that's not really a risk. Connor would probably figure out that he's not going to be able to directly hurt you, that armor seems really tough.

What do you mean it looks like it could protect him from an explosion? How in any way does the appearance of the armor give away that he could survive an explosion??? And again, how are you making this determination that the explosive arrows aren't lethal? I mean since when were explosions not lethal? I mean look at it! You honestly think that doesn't have the potential to kill a person? You're reaching bro. If you really honestly believe an explosion like that could kill a person, fine. But I'm very confident that the voters will think differently.

By the way...

So what? This is one stupid instance where Connor was out of character. I mean Superman has killed for crap's sake. Does that mean he's a cold-hearted killer? Absolutely NOT. The scans you've shown makes it abundantly clear that Connor preserves life when he's in character (like he is here).

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Look at all of these! Each and every time Connor could have killed these people with his amazing accuracy. But it's crystal clear that he shoots to wound, not to kill. Why? Because he's not a cold-blooded killer at heart. He's a hero, not a murder.

Also, I just love it how you're trying to convince me that Connor would try to kill Boba with an explosive arrow, but at the same time you're trying to convince me that the explosive arrow isn't powerful enough to kill him... By the Force! I smell contradiction!

Also:

Dude, are you even reading the scans that you're posting? Second panel. "I knew this was useless". He knew that it wasn't going to kill him.

Third, like I said, I'm not aiming to injure you directly. I'm aiming to make you lose control of your jetpack and crash down to the ground. The fall, in your velocity, would certainly leave a mark, and of course you'd land pretty close to me and Shichika. Which is very, very bad for you.

Again, Boba took a direct impact from an explosive. The explosion (including the shockwave) only moved him a couple feet. If that's the case, then an indirect impact from an explosive should really have no effect at all.

Yes, it really doesn't, since any explosion would be good enough to sway you off course.

Just went over this for like the fifth time.

Like I said, not my intention.

... What? You just said that maiming would be effective. Implying that it is your intention... But now you're saying it's not your intention?................ o_O

I've shown you plenty of scans that show Connor's reflexes.

Indeed you have. And Deadshot's are better. All you've shown is Connor dodging bullets. Deadshot's a bullet-timer too. But Connor doesn't have feats in the same league to the ones that I mentioned.

And Ollie is certainly NOT superion to Connor:

... Bwahahahaha! Omw. No offense brah, but this is without a doubt the worst reach yet. Since when did Connor become black? Or bald? Or a monk? Or a middle-aged man? Since when did Oliver become bald? Or a monk? Or an old man? Terrible, terrible reach. I have no reason at all to believe that is Connor and Ollie.

Here's my legit proof that Ollie is better than Connor.

No Caption Provided

The arrow isn't supposed to kill you. I'm not saying the explosion is powerful enough to wound Boba. I'm saying it's going to send him down to the ground.

Yes, but he would still lose control of his flight when the shockwave gets him.

He would indeed fire the explosive arrow. One, Boba doesn't appear human at all. Two, his armor looks good enough to take on an explosion that isn't supposed to kill in the first place. Three, Connor's morals are VERY questionable.

Yes he would.

90 mph isn't fast enough to avoid an explosion's shockwave. And durable as he may be, it's his stability in question, not durability.

Been over all of this.

My conclusion I made in my last post still stands.

@fetts said:

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thin forest.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Tag me darn you >:| I got stuff for you, I'll edit this post when I'm not basically brain dead >.<

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 the_red_viper  Moderator

@fetts:

But like I said, the durability of the Mandalorian armor would prevent any nicking of the explosion (which includes the shockwave) from having any effect on Boba.

That's... not how science works.

The shockwave, regardless of Boba's armor, would affect him. I already explained why.

Because that'd be acting as if Connor knew Boba had the reflexes to dodge an explosive arrow. You can't just assume Connor would be ready for that because he wouldn't. He doesn't know Boba.

Why wouldn't Connor have the detonator in his hand if he knows he wants to use an explosive arrow? Not that hard to grasp.

He really doesn't. None of that proves that he'd be able to detonate it in a fourteenth of a second. I mean seriously, think about that. A fourteenth of a second equals 67 milliseconds. There are 1000 milliseconds in one second. 67 milliseconds out of a thousand. And keep in mind that Connor wouldn't be prepared to do that in the first place, because again he doesn't know Boba. He'd have no reason to assume that he'd need to. By the time he shoots the arrow and sees the arrow miss him, he wouldn't even have the time to think about detonating the arrow. Much of your strategy is assuming that Connor knows of Boba's capabilities and that he'll be prepared for them. Again, he doesn't know Boba.

Those are all examples of Connor's uncanny reflexes. Especially the one where he CATCHES AN ARROW that was shot from BEHIND HIM. That's a perfect example of Connor's timing. So yes, I'm sure he DOES have good enough reflexes to detonate the explosives in time.

What do you mean? Look at the picture you just posted dude. That's a traditional bow. How is it more powerful? That's the same exact design for a traditional bow. What is the design difference that makes his bow more powerful? I'll give you a hint: there is none.

The "design" has nothing to do with it. Any artist would design Connor's bow differently. Given that artists don't have to know how bows look/work, that doesn't really mean anything.

Him being able to puncture a robot's head doesn't really mean his bow shoots faster. It's probably just special that tips that allowed it to puncture the head. Most comic book archers have notably sharp arrows. As for that scan, that's not a White Martian.

Um,, no, that was one of Connor's regular arrows, nothing special. I'll take a picture with my phone if I can't find the scan.

These are White Martians.

If it was one, it'd be hilariously stupid that a boxing glove arrow would take him out.

Martians are shapeshifters. How one looks doesn't really mean anything. I'll get to that part of JLA soon, so I'll tell you exactly who he is.

Haha! Good. You just proved that Connor has a traditional bow.

Uhh... no. Look here:

http://www.olympic.org/archery-equipment-and-history

I tsays that an Olympic bow's draw weight is around 48 pounds. Connor's bow is 125 pounds. Almost 3 times more powerful than an Olympic bow.

You see this bow?

No Caption Provided

It's supposed to be 150 pounds, if I'm not mistaken.

Like I said, design has nothing to do with it.

The explosives are definitely designed to injure? Since when were explosives designed to injure? And you've provided no basis for this at all.

According to YOU, Connor has morals. So the explosives aren't designed to kill, pretty much by default.

That is, assuming that Connor DOES have morals... Either way, designed to injure or to kill, it really makes no difference.

Bullcrap! Boba does not look like a robot. 50 ft. wouldn't make a difference to anybody, especially with somebody who supposedly hassuperb vision. Remember? Anybody with intelligence can tell he's wearing armor. And clothing? Since when did robots wear clothing? Especially on the inside of whatever metal they have?? Why?

Why? Why would you assume Boba is a robot? Oh wait, let me guess what you're thinking. "Uh... er... he's wearing metal and stuff..."

Really? Ssssooo knights, stormtroopers, motorcycle riders, Jetpack Man, Tom Brady, and Tuukka Rask all look like robots to you too?

Well I know that Boba isn't robot... but would Connor? Boba is wearing futuristic armor. He has a jetpack and he shoots lazers. What would Connor make of that? If I would have seen someone like Boba I would have thought it's either a robot or an alien.

What do you mean it looks like it could protect him from an explosion? How in any way does the appearance of the armor give away that he could survive an explosion??? And again, how are you making this determination that the explosive arrows aren't lethal? I mean since when were explosions not lethal? I mean look at it! You honestly think that doesn't have the potential to kill a person? You're reaching bro. If you really honestly believe an explosion like that could kill a person, fine. But I'm very confident that the voters will think differently.

The fact that it's a thick armor. The explosion isn't very powerful in the first place.

So what? This is one stupid instance where Connor was out of character. I mean Superman has killed for crap's sake. Does that mean he's a cold-hearted killer? Absolutely NOT. The scans you've shown makes it abundantly clear that Connor preserves life when he's in character(like he is here).

Read the text.

Look at all of these! Each and every time Connor could have killed these people with his amazing accuracy. But it's crystal clear that he shoots to wound, not to kill. Why? Because he's not a cold-blooded killer at heart. He's a hero, not a murder.

Look at the text in this one too. "I tried to cut him deeper". Given that he put the blade in Drakon's belly-chest area, a deep cut could have easily been lethal.

Also, I just love it how you're trying to convince me that Connor would try to kill Boba with an explosive arrow, but at the same time you're trying to convince me that the explosive arrow isn't powerful enough to kill him... By the Force! I smell contradiction!

No, that's not waht I'm saying. What I'm saying is, that Connor wouldn't care if the explosive killed Boba or not. But I'm also saying that the explosion isn't necessarily all that powerful.

Dude, are you even reading the scans that you're posting? Second panel. "I knew this was useless". He knew that it wasn't going to kill him.

...so? He still "risked it", to use your way to put it. Just like he would "risk it" with Boba.

Again, Boba took a direct impact from an explosive. The explosion (including the shockwave) only moved him a couple feet. If that's the case, then an indirect impact from an explosive should really have no effect at all.

Even one foot is all it takes to sent Boba crashing down. That's how momentum works.

... What? You just said that maiming would be effective. Implying that it is your intention... But now you're saying it's not your intention?................ o_O

I meant THE FALL. Not the explosion. My intention is to make Boba fall. If that injures him, all the better.

Indeed you have. And Deadshot's are better. All you've shown is Connor dodging bullets. Deadshot's a bullet-timer too. But Connor doesn't have feats in the same league to the ones that I mentioned.

I'll find the rest of the battle.

... Bwahahahaha! Omw. No offense brah, but this is without a doubt the worst reach yet. Since when did Connor become black? Or bald? Or a monk? Or a middle-aged man? Since when did Oliver become bald? Or a monk? Or an old man? Terrible, terrible reach. I have no reason at all to believe that is Connor and Ollie.

Those are indeed them. It's from the time they trained in a monastry (or something like that). They shaved their heads because that's what you do when you're in a monastry. And they look like old men because of bad art.

See here:

Here's my legit proof that Ollie is better than Connor.

That one's from back when Connor only started training. Not legit at all.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I'm not feeling too up for debating right now :/. And I'm going to be busy all day tomorrow so I'll try to respond Monday.