Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Specimens 48772 and 48482; Day 1

On the day that The Branches of Universes were linked, heroes and villains were brought over by The Others for a series of tests. Specimen 48772, a.k.a. Gambit, woke up by a beach. Next to him was a tent, which he immediately assumed was to be his living area. He first decided to explore a little, and then that's when he heard a growl. Gambit was about to whip a pair of Jacks behind him, but stopped when he saw that it was a teenage boy, Specimen 48482. However, he noticed that he had animalistic characteristics.

Gambit: Relax kid, I'm not going to hurtcha. What's your name?

Scott McCall: Scott.

Gambit: You a mutant Scott?

Scott McCall: No... I'm a werewolf.

Gambit: Ah.

Scott McCall: I didn't catch your name.

Gambit: Most people call me Gambit. But you can call me Remy. You got a place to sleep to Scott?

Scott McCall: No.

Gambit: Then it looks we're meant to share this tent.

--------

Specimen 48501 and 48002

Meanwhile, Specimen 48501, a.k.a. Catman woke up right next to Specimen 48002, a.k.a. Rivaille

Catman: And just who the hell are you?

Rivaille: My name is Rivaille

Catman: Rivaille huh? Mind telling me what's going on?

Rivaille: I am unable to, for I am just as clueless as you are.

Catman: Uh-huh. And is this mansion yours or mine?

Rivaille: It can be both of ours if you wish.

Catman: I wish.

The next morning, each team decided to take a look around. When they did, they crossed each other's paths. Gambit made a witty comment on Catman's costume, and things went downhill from there.

@batatest@omgomgwtfwtf@mightyrearranger@soothing_sounds

Mansion:

No Caption Provided

Each mansion is designed like this. The perks for the mansion are the following:

-A good night's sleep (two bedrooms)

-Gourmet meals

-Two bathrooms.

-Hunting rifles w/ ammo

-A set of steak knives

-An exercise room

-A backpack full of bread, protein bars, and bottled waters

-A med-kit

-A pair of radios

Tent:

No Caption Provided

-Sleeping bag

-Water bottles

-Jiffy popcorn, protein bars, trail mix, and chips

-Hunting crossbow, bolts, and knife

-A compass

No Caption Provided

24: Tent

3: Mansion

BataTest and OmgOmgWtfWtf: 24

mightyrearranger and soothing_sounds: 3

Don't forget to post your character's standard equipment below (if he has any).

Best of luck guys!

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mightyrearranger

Zoinks, Scooby! I never got notified/tagged so I didn't even realize this was here 'til I searched.

Catman's standard gear is as follows:

-Set of clawed gauntlets

-Utility Belt w/ Catarangs (razor tipped and lethal versions of Batman's 'rangs)

-Stealth costume variant, used frequently in the Secret Six comic. It's unclear whether this is a natural effect of the Six's existing costumes or a change in wardrobe. Some transitions of events in the comic suggest the former.

*sidenote: always good to have some steak knives lying around for me to use. I'll get to that later. :)

@soothing_sounds: You ready to, what is it the kids are sayin' these days, "bringith teh noisez"?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I will make a post...eventually.

Thanks for not reading,

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

Rivaille Standard Gear:

Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear (With Plug In Blades)

@mightyrearranger Yep, i'm ready to, what were those old timers sayin back then, "Get spiffy!"

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf, @batatest: Okay, so right off the bat, our team has a few advantages: Full rest, a full meal, and an opportunity to keep in peak physical shape beforehand. We've also got a set of steak knives that Catman's taking with him, as well as a hunting rifle. The mansion takes us from a team who are at least physically on-par with the opposing team, to a team who is waking up a lot more refreshed, less fatigued, and ready for this battle.

Based on the OP, it seems like we're starting this battle at a relatively close range. The fight could start with any two of our team members attacking each other. Regardless, Catman can take Scott easily, with his weaponry and experience battling other animalistic beings (eg: training himself among lions and taking on super-strong beings in the DCU); conversely, Gambit is not a phenom in close quarters by any means; he'll need to get away and charge his projectiles. Considering Catman has roughly sonic reflexes in Villains United, he should have no trouble dodging anything thrown his way and closing the gap. I can grab scans to support the aforementioned assertions.

That's just Catman and his versatility. I'm sure @soothing_sounds has more to say on Rivaille's advantages in this fight. :)

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: @batatest As @mightyrearranger already stated, we have the advantage in physical well-being. Besides that, seeing as both placements have tree's in the background, and the fact that we're in a slightly forested area for the total of the map, ill make the safe assumption that there are tree's at least in the vicinity. Where as Gambit might have had the possibility of using afored mention tree's to gain distance from Catman and have better positioning for his ranged attacks, Levi cancel's out this advantage by having the superior air mobility. Not only that, but if Levi gets any leverage at all by using a tree(which is expected), he has the possibility of attacking from above. And seeing as we're wide awake and ready while you're not, Levi also has the possibility of just tagging either character with his grapple hooks and quickly finishing off either of the characters.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@mightyrearranger: @soothing_sounds@batatest

Your supposed advantage of a good's night rest is really inconsequential when you think about it. Scott is a werewolf and has slept in worse places. He actually finds it enjoyable to sleep outside more than he does inside. Also a healing factor pretty much eliminates any bad night's rest. Also, your team won't be sneaking up on ours. Scott's enhanced senses would pretty much negate any chance of getting a drop on him or Gambit. I will post some videos later for Scott.

I will let batatest respond before I make my next move. Hopefully he's still around to reply.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, your team won't be sneaking up on ours. Scott's enhanced senses would pretty much negate any chance of getting a drop on him or Gambit.

One note: I don't believe I implied (or at least didn't mean to imply) that either team would be sneaking. In the OP we start the battle already aware of each other in close quarters.

Definitely eager to see your post though. You picked a unique choice for this tourney and that's always fun. :)

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@mightyrearranger said:
@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Also, your team won't be sneaking up on ours. Scott's enhanced senses would pretty much negate any chance of getting a drop on him or Gambit.

One note: I don't believe I implied (or at least didn't mean to imply) that either team would be sneaking. In the OP we start the battle already aware of each other in close quarters.

Definitely eager to see your post though. You picked a unique choice for this tourney and that's always fun. :)

I'm just worried that my partner might not participate. I haven't had any time to talk to him and he hasn't been on for the last 4 days. I'm currently gathering whatever videos I can find. Trying to sort out the actual combat stuff from girly fan videos :/

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts

I think my partner fell off the grid lol.

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Sorry to hear that, hopefully he shows up again soon.

And yeah, I had to sit through far too many fan montages set to nu-metal, emo music when I was looking up who Scott was, haha.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fetts

@omgomgwtfwtf: People can have busy schedules sometimes. Just give him some time.

BataTest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Opening scene:

Gambit to Catman: You're catman right, so why do you have a cape?

Catman: ...

Gambit: First we charge da card...

No Caption Provided

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batatest said:

Opening scene:

Gambit to Catman: You're catman right, so why do you have a cape?

Catman: ...

Gambit: First we charge da card...

No Caption Provided

Omg you're alive.

I thought I was going solo for a sec :P

mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mightyrearranger

@batatest: @omgomgwtfwtf: Just noticed you guys posted. If that's the legit plan, I guess I'll have to bust out some Catman agility feats. But if he can literally dodge a sound wave in Villains U., then seeing Gambit charge and leaping out of the way/into his face with ze claws shouldn't be a problem, especially at the range shown in your example.

(also: he wears the cape cause it's magic >.>)

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fetts

Yeah, I don't think my partner is planning on participating....His last response was like a week ago lol.

So I guess I will just forfeit and let and the other team win.

You don't have to forfeit dude. I'm going to give people until the 30th to start voting. Just wait until then and see if he pops up. And if he doesn't, then feel free to forfeit. But there's no harm in waiting.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhh Mighty and soothing i guess.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mighty and soothing
sorry @omgomgwtfwtf Sorry but it might be better if we have two contesters.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Mighty and Soothing by default. Sorry bout the circumstances @omgomgwtfwtf my match kinda went the same way.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fifth vote for mighty and soothing.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers