• 60 results
Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@uberhikari: Nope.

My position is that the OP is talking about the most current version of Mantra Asura, since we always use current versions unless the OP specifies otherwise.

So this would mean that he would be referring to Asura at the end of the game, who for this battle would transform straight to Mantra Asura.

You seem to like the Straw Man Fallacy a lot my friend.

Jmarshmallow

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By uberhikari

There is only 1 version of Mantra Asura in the game. You're talking about a character that was never shown in the game; it's all just hypothetical. It's all just speculation on your part.

No Caption Provided

I know laughing baby, I thought he was joking at first too...

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: There's only one version of ASURA in the game, and he has been shown capable of changing forms even after he was implanted with the Mantra Reactor. Never once was there a point where he stopped being able to transform, so it makes no sense for him to lose that form just because you don't like that he's galaxy+ at base form.

Saying that he can't is more speculation on your part, because there is no reason to assume that one of the most crucial aspects of the game disappear right after the final boss is defeated. If anything, the only argument you can make is that his power level is speculation, but even then I can always stick with the fact that he is EASILY galaxy+, which should be more than enough to beat Thanos.

By the way, I'm really digging all these memes.

Jmarshmallow

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By uberhikari

@jmarshmallow:

Loading Video...

Skip to @6:39. So, you're telling me that after this, when he was fighting even with Chakravartin until the very end of the fight, he always had the ability to increase his powers "exponentially" but he just decided not to do it? You know what, this makes perfect sense...oh wait...

No Caption Provided

Please, don't stop yourself on my account...

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: I don't know if you know this, but Asura isn't really the guy who fights based on logic and reason.

He's the guy who fights based on nothing but pure emotion. And not just any emotion, he fights SOLELY because of his wrath.

So yes, he DID have the ability to transform that entire time, or at least he did once he recovered a little bit.

But he didn't feel the necessity to transform, as his wrath was at a point where he didn't NEED to transform. He, probably out of pride, knew he could take Chakravartin down because he finally understood the reason for his wrath. So he didn't NEED to go all crazy like he does when he grows extra appendages, because for basically the first time in the entire series, he KNEW why he was so angry. He had a goal and something to fight for, and that allowed his wrath to increase to godlike levels.

Oh, and that last meme was borderline insulting. I would ask that you refrain from memes like that in the future.

Jmarshmallow

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By uberhikari

@jmarshmallow: Oh, how convenient for you that Asura can increase his power "exponentially" but decides not to... At the end of the game Asura's transformations are obsolete. That's the whole point of Chakravartin destroying his Destructor form but Asura still getting stronger. As long as Asura's mantra keeps increasing, the Mantra Reactor in his chest will channel that mantra so that it doesn't harm him--like in Asura's Berserk and Wrath forms--thus increasing Asura's power. I think I'm done schooling you but I don't want you to feel too bad about getting destroyed in this argument, so here look at some pictures of cute kittens.

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: Oh, how convenient for you that Asura can increase his power "exponentially" but decides not to...

I wouldn't really say "convenient," as I don't particularly care whether he decided to or not. Point is, he's shown capable of transforming even after the loss of his limbs, it just takes him some time to recover or he has to reach a crazy level of anger. Neither of those two conditions were met at the end, so it makes sense that he didn't transform.

At the end of the game Asura's transformations are obsolete.

The first thing you've said that I agree with mate.

That's the whole point of Chakravartin destroying his Destructor form but Asura still getting stronger.

The whole point of Chakravartin destroying his Destructor form is because Asura's wrath wasn't strong enough. That was later remedied when his wrath grew strong enough that he could take him down in base form.

As long as Asura's mantra keeps increasing, the Mantra Reactor in his chest will channel that mantra so that it doesn't harm him--like in Asura's Berserk and Wrath forms--thus increasing Asura's power.

Those were the only two forms that were connected to his whole "can't control my wrath" thing. Anytime his wrath got too high, REGARDLESS of what form he was in at the time, one of those two forms would be what he'd transform into.

This is because those are the two forms where his wrath overcomes him. Once installed with the Mantra Reactor, those are the ONLY TWO FORMS that he will forever be unable to access, since those are the ones that lead to his wrath burning him out,

I think I'm done schooling you

But I'm not done learning? Oh wise teacher who seems to be surrendering to his student.

but I don't want you to feel too bad about getting destroyed in this argument, so here look at some pictures of cute kittens.

I was awfully disappointed by the lack of kittens.

Jmarshmallow

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By uberhikari

@jmarshmallow: Vader doesn't give a f#ck what you wrote and neither do I.

No Caption Provided

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: What an insightful and well-constructed argument.

Don't really know how anyone could possibly debate against you and Lord Vader.

Jmarshmallow