#1 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is told his target is a Werewolf like Werewolf by Night. Wolf Man is told his target is a Healer like Agent Hunter.

Both are out to destroy the other in a Death or KO battle.

Start 100 feet apart. Battle is at Night in the forest.

Who wins?

#3 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I still have to get to our debate, all though I think Wolf man takes this. A case might be able to be made for Logan but I would say wolf mans physicals and healing will prove too much for Logan.

#4 Edited by tparks (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Online
#5 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

I know right? And we hardly see Wolf Man in Invincible titles, yet we see whole arcs dedicated to Gaurdians of the Globe even though they are way less interesting and have their own mini series. Shame on you Kirkman.

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (26207 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

Online
#7 Edited by Cable_Extreme (6772 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

His physicals are waaaay greater (except healing), such as cratering the earth with hits ect..

#8 Edited by Wolverine08 (26207 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

His physicals are waaaay greater (except healing).

I wasn't asking about his physicals. I know his physicals are better than Wolverine's. Tpark's comment about Wolf Man's fighting skill being only slightly inferior than Logan's has me wondering if he is a top tier fighter like Wolverine.

Online
#9 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6772 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

His physicals are waaaay greater (except healing).

I wasn't asking about his physicals. I know his physicals are better than Wolverine's. Tpark's comment about Wolf Man's fighting skill being only slightly inferior than Logan's has me wondering if he is a top tier fighter like Wolverine.

I wasn't referring to your question, I was pointing out that his physicals will make up for any lack in skill.

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (26207 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

His physicals are waaaay greater (except healing).

I wasn't asking about his physicals. I know his physicals are better than Wolverine's. Tpark's comment about Wolf Man's fighting skill being only slightly inferior than Logan's has me wondering if he is a top tier fighter like Wolverine.

I wasn't referring to your question, I was pointing out that his physicals will make up for any lack in skill.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the response. But Wolverine has dealt with physically superior opponents through skill before.

Online
#11 Posted by Cable_Extreme (6772 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

His physicals are waaaay greater (except healing).

I wasn't asking about his physicals. I know his physicals are better than Wolverine's. Tpark's comment about Wolf Man's fighting skill being only slightly inferior than Logan's has me wondering if he is a top tier fighter like Wolverine.

I wasn't referring to your question, I was pointing out that his physicals will make up for any lack in skill.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the response. But Wolverine has dealt with physically superior opponents through skill before.

Yeah, though Wolfman has some crazy feats, such as, incredibly violent strikes, like stabbing his arm through super durable werewolves and ripping their guts out ect. He is nasty.

#12 Posted by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn' t this pretty much the same as Wolverine fighting a stronger Sabretooth?

#13 Posted by tparks (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme said:

@wolverine08 said:

@tparks said:

Wolverine can win here. His only advantage is his healing, and maybe a slight edge in fighting skills. Wolf Man is just too big, too strong, and too fast though. Wolf Man should take this because of physicals alone, although his fighting skills are not really lacking either, he's probably only slightly lower then Wolverine in this. Wolf Man 8/10.

Side note: Someone tell Robert Kirkman we need another ongoing Wolf Man series! That cliffhanger with Dracula at the end of his series still drives me crazy that it has been left unsettled for so long!

Wolf Man is a top tier fighter?

His physicals are waaaay greater (except healing).

I wasn't asking about his physicals. I know his physicals are better than Wolverine's. Tpark's comment about Wolf Man's fighting skill being only slightly inferior than Logan's has me wondering if he is a top tier fighter like Wolverine.

He is not a master like Wolverine, but his fighting skills are very impressive. His fighting style is different then most martial artists, as he has been trained by a Vampire and an Elder Werewolf. His training by the Elder Werewolf is where he became a very skilled martial artist. He is definitely below Wolverine in pure fighting skills (along with almost every comic book character), but he is not a slouch by any means. His fighting skills are high enough that his higher physicals should be enough to take the win here.

Online
#14 Edited by dondave (26495 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Isn' t this pretty much the same as Wolverine fighting a stronger Sabretooth?

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (26207 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Isn' t this pretty much the same as Wolverine fighting a stronger Sabretooth?

From what I've read about Wolf Man in this thread, yeah.

Online
#16 Edited by tparks (2298 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Isn' t this pretty much the same as Wolverine fighting a stronger Sabretooth?

From what I've read about Wolf Man in this thread, yeah.

That's a pretty fair assumption.

Online
#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (26207 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

@wolverine08 said:

@hyiena said:

Isn' t this pretty much the same as Wolverine fighting a stronger Sabretooth?

From what I've read about Wolf Man in this thread, yeah.

That's a pretty fair assumption.

Then Wolverine STOMPS because he regularly stomps Sabreooth! :D ABC logic for the win!

Online
#18 Edited by hyiena (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: It's not realy him it's a clone one day the real Sabretooth will be back. Is what I tell myself.

#19 Posted by wolviex (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Without adamantium Wolf man takes this. His physicality would triumph over wolverine. Althought I'm not sure if Wolf man would know how to kill him. To the death Wolverine however. His endurance outlasts Wolf mans. Also wolverines muscles heal so he has the advantage of endurance. Both will put up a fight but Wolf man will get progressively tired as the battle continues, giving Wolverine an edge.

#20 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

Isn' t this pretty much the same as Wolverine fighting a stronger Sabretooth?

Yes.

#21 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolviex said:

Without adamantium Wolf man takes this. His physicality would triumph over wolverine. Althought I'm not sure if Wolf man would know how to kill him. To the death Wolverine however. His endurance outlasts Wolf mans. Also wolverines muscles heal so he has the advantage of endurance. Both will put up a fight but Wolf man will get progressively tired as the battle continues, giving Wolverine an edge.

Wolf Man does not tired.... he never had in any fight in any comic anyway.

#22 Posted by AmazonieSPL (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont ask me why but i'll say The Wolf-man.

AmazonieSPL

#23 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw: IMO Wolf-Man can endure anything Wolverine can dish out. He took a punch from Invincible (to all non-Wolf-Man readers here).

#24 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@indiecomicsftw: IMO Wolf-Man can endure anything Wolverine can dish out. He took a punch from Invincible (to all non-Wolf-Man readers here).

Add to that the punch was hard enough to send Wolf Man, who was over the treeline, fly back hard enough to skid on the earth. That was no love tap lol.

#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@indiecomicsftw: IMO Wolf-Man can endure anything Wolverine can dish out. He took a punch from Invincible (to all non-Wolf-Man readers here).

Add to that the punch was hard enough to send Wolf Man, who was over the treeline, fly back hard enough to skid on the earth. That was no love tap lol.

Definitely not. Bone Claws also wouldn't do too much to harm Wolf-Man if solid steel barely shed any blood on his thick hide.

#26 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@indiecomicsftw said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@indiecomicsftw: IMO Wolf-Man can endure anything Wolverine can dish out. He took a punch from Invincible (to all non-Wolf-Man readers here).

Add to that the punch was hard enough to send Wolf Man, who was over the treeline, fly back hard enough to skid on the earth. That was no love tap lol.

Definitely not. Bone Claws also wouldn't do too much to harm Wolf-Man if solid steel barely shed any blood on his thick hide.

To be fair bone claw wolverines claws have cut through steel pretty easily.

And I think you can argue the invincible scan can be partially credited to his healing factor rather then raw durability. Wolfman still wins though.

#28 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:


To be fair bone claw wolverines claws have cut through steel pretty easily.

And I think you can argue the invincible scan can be partially credited to his healing factor rather then raw durability. Wolfman still wins though.

His healing factor is minor one, like Ultimate Cap level. He can keep fatal wounds from insta killing him, he can ignore other major wounds outright, but the damage is there. It just works to keep him from dropping. Only turning to human and back can he heal 100% all damage.

#29 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@indiecomicsftw said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@indiecomicsftw: IMO Wolf-Man can endure anything Wolverine can dish out. He took a punch from Invincible (to all non-Wolf-Man readers here).

Add to that the punch was hard enough to send Wolf Man, who was over the treeline, fly back hard enough to skid on the earth. That was no love tap lol.

Definitely not. Bone Claws also wouldn't do too much to harm Wolf-Man if solid steel barely shed any blood on his thick hide.

To be fair bone claw wolverines claws have cut through steel pretty easily.

And I think you can argue the invincible scan can be partially credited to his healing factor rather then raw durability. Wolfman still wins though.

Nah. His healing factor doesn't work extensively like that. He can only heal when he switches back from human to werewolf (he can do it rapidly).

#30 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @indiecomicsftw: Didn't he shrug off a stab through the heart? And if wolfman is that durable how did he get stabbed in the heart exactly?

Stabbing =/= Piercing. Many sword pierce easier than slash.

Also he sort of shrugged it off, but had to transform to heal to keep on going.

#32 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @indiecomicsftw: Didn't he shrug off a stab through the heart? And if wolfman is that durable how did he get stabbed in the heart exactly?

He got stabbed when he wasn't expecting it, so that plays a factor as well. Also his daughter (who stabbed him) is a Half-Vampire, so her strength is also increased.

#33 Posted by IndieComicsFTW (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @indiecomicsftw: Didn't he shrug off a stab through the heart? And if wolfman is that durable how did he get stabbed in the heart exactly?

He got stabbed when he wasn't expecting it, so that plays a factor as well. Also his daughter (who stabbed him) is a Half-Vampire, so her strength is also increased.

He did transform and was unconscious for less than 10-20 seconds.

This was also a result of all the damage he took before this. The more fatal the damage, the more chance to KO him for a few seconds till he wolfs out again.

#34 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19489 posts) - - Show Bio

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:
@jashro44 said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: @indiecomicsftw: Didn't he shrug off a stab through the heart? And if wolfman is that durable how did he get stabbed in the heart exactly?

He got stabbed when he wasn't expecting it, so that plays a factor as well. Also his daughter (who stabbed him) is a Half-Vampire, so her strength is also increased.

He did transform and was unconscious for less than 10-20 seconds.

This was also a result of all the damage he took before this. The more fatal the damage, the more chance to KO him for a few seconds till he wolfs out again.

Yeah I was aware of that. He was back in the fight in no time.