• 78 results
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@slimj87d said:

One can argue that luck is actually part of his feats. Consistency wise, he has slid, jumped, grabbed and survived over 100s of death defying stunts.

I would factor in his luck into the debate as it is consistent enough to not be PIS.

Assassins jump off of 8-story buildings and into hay bales. Luck is a fickle thing to argue with when each of these assassins have also survived death defying stunts.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Assassins.

Ezio on his own can bullrush Nate and put that steel blade of his through him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rogueshadow  Moderator

Uhm, four assassins stomphim.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassins.

They have to chase him to do that, and 100s of explosions would suddenly ensue. Are they as agile and fast climbing as him? I've only played the first assassins creed and they climb very slow compared to Drake.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Are they as agile and fast climbing as him? I've only played the first assassins creed and they climb very slow compared to Drake.

Game mechanics has improved since 2007.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

One can argue that luck is actually part of his feats. Consistency wise, he has slid, jumped, grabbed and survived over 100s of death defying stunts.

I would factor in his luck into the debate as it is consistent enough to not be PIS.

Assassins jump off of 8-story buildings and into hay bales. Luck is a fickle thing to argue with when each of these assassins have also survived death defying stunts.

This isn't a fight to the death, it's if they can catch Nathan 1 on 1. Most of the assassins haven't had to deal with modern firearms have they? Nathan escapes 100s of gunmen chasing after him.

Remember, this isn't a fight to the death, it's if Nathan can lose them.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By slimj87d

@monsterstomp said:

@slimj87d said:

Are they as agile and fast climbing as him? I've only played the first assassins creed and they climb very slow compared to Drake.

Game mechanics has improved since 2007.

That doesn't really answer the question... Can they climb as fast as Nathan can? Are they as fast reacting as Nathan is if they were running out of a building slopped at 45 degrees exploding, while the building is falling over, etc.

Can they catch Drake 1 on 1? Can they? Who is the fastest and most clever person they have had to chase and catch? Were they carrying a HG? Are they as agile and fast as Nathan Drake is?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mayan_fist said:

Everyone is forgetting that Nathan has the apple. He kills all of them with a single thought.

Apple would be too much for Nate to handle. Abbas damn near went insane upon using its power. Ezio could barely use its power without falling to his knees. So I don't think so.

You might be underestimating Nate's willpower.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@mayan_fist said:

Everyone is forgetting that Nathan has the apple. He kills all of them with a single thought.

Apple would be too much for Nate to handle. Abbas damn near went insane upon using its power. Ezio could barely use its power without falling to his knees. So I don't think so.

I honestly don't think people read the OP either. Nathan is just trying to escape the Assassins, and I don't think the Assassins have had to chase and capture something like Nathan Drake is. I could be wrong, but I would like to see the fastest and most clever person they have ever caught before and if they even have weapons on par with a HG.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

This isn't a fight to the death, it's if they can catch Nathan 1 on 1. Most of the assassins haven't had to deal with modern firearms have they? Nathan escapes 100s of gunmen chasing after him.

Well considering there isn't much detail in the OP, going off standard battle forum rules, they begin quite close. If Nate is on the defensive and running away, what's stopping either of the assassins throwing projectiles to neutralize/impair his movement? Or just outright running him down?

@slimj87d said:

That doesn't really answer the question... Can they climb as fast as Nathan can? Are they as fast reacting as Nathan is if they were running out of a building slopped at 45 degrees exploding, while the building is falling over, etc.

Can they catch Drake 1 on 1? Can they? Who is the fastest and most clever person they have had to chase and catch? Were they carrying a HG? Are they as agile and fast as Nathan Drake is?

I didn't answer the question because I only quoted an off topic statement.

Yes. They are superior in the art of freerunning than Nate in every fathomable way.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

Or you're overestimating it.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

Well considering there isn't much detail in the OP, going off standard battle forum rules, they begin quite close. If Nate is on the defensive and running away, what's stopping either of the assassins throwing projectiles to neutralize/impair his movement? Or just outright running him down?

@slimj87d said:

I didn't answer the question because I only quoted an off topic statement.

Yes. They are superior in the art of freerunning than Nate in every fathomable way.

I believe they start 50 feet away, and that's enough distance for Drake to get away seeing that he has fled rooms of 20+ men firing guns at him within 20 feet. I don't see how one of them throwing a projectile is any harder than Nathan escaping armored vehicles and helicopters capable of firing high velocity rounds in the dozens per a second.

Can I see their free running feats that are superior to Nathan Drakes?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Frisky4
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By renamed040924

@nickzambuto said:

@monsterstomp said:

Well how hard is it to control the apple? Does Abbas have any feats? And if Ezio had a hard time but didn't even fall to his knees, then Nate just needs to be even with Ezio and he can use it just fine.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimj87d said:

I believe they start 50 feet away, and that's enough distance for Drake to get away seeing that he has fled rooms of 20+ men firing guns at him within 20 feet. I don't see how one of them throwing a projectile is any harder than Nathan escaping armored vehicles and helicopters capable of firing high velocity rounds in the dozens per a second.

Can I see their free running feats that are superior to Nathan Drakes?

Where does it say they start 50 feet away and how is that "close" (as ruled out by standard BF rules)?

20+ fodder men. He's going up against four fleshed out killers who don't spray and pray and only if he has cover will he be able to avoid long ranged attacks from the assassins.

As for feats, if you don't get that answer by Monday, I'll post videos. I am going away for work. How about descriptions? Connor has been able to chase a man down (who was for the most part running on flat ground) whilst navigating through a abandoned shipwreck (swinging, sliding, balancing, climbing, jumping etc). Edward has been able to pretty much do the same thing, although in a more urban area. Ezio chased a boat (which was sailing downstream) whilst, again, navigating through a cavern area dealing with collapsing terrain. Arno, I can't speak for since I haven't played Unity yet.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MonsterStomp

@nickzambuto said:

@monsterstomp said:

@nickzambuto said:

@monsterstomp said:

Well how hard is it to control the apple? Does Abbas have any feats? And if Ezio had a hard time but didn't even fall to his knees, then Nate just needs to be even with Ezio and he can use it just fine.

If the user lacks knowledge. Then the Apple can be deadly to the user. Its never really explained beyond that.

No Abbas doesn't have feats with the Apple, like Drake.

Ezio did fall to his knees when he used the power excessively (mind warping). He was able to recover though. IF Nate is able to use it, the most he'll be able to do is turn invisible (something that can be negated by Eagle Vision) or create clones (which do no damage at all and die in a single blow).

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Arno keeps pace with a hot air balloon in stormy conditions, and without touching the ground. He also chases down a boat as well.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@monsterstomp said:

@nickzambuto said:

@monsterstomp said:

If the user lacks knowledge. Then the Apple can be deadly to the user. Its never really explained beyond that.

No Abbas doesn't have feats with the Apple, like Drake.

Ezio did fall to his knees when he used the power excessively (mind warping). He was able to recover though. IF Nate is able to use it, the most he'll be able to do is turn invisible (something that can be negated by Eagle Vision) or create clones (which do no damage at all and die in a single blow).

No I mean does Abbas have any feats that would give him comparable strength to Nate? Because if not, bringing up that he "nearly" went insane from using the apple doesn't prove that Drake wouldn't be strong enough to, since he has some of the best willpower of any recent character I can remember.

Nate won't need to use it excessively, can't he just use it to incapacitate the assassins or maybe teleport himself some place else?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MonsterStomp

@zaied said:

@monsterstomp: Arno keeps pace with a hot air balloon in stormy conditions, and without touching the ground. He also chases down a boat as well.

Nice.

No I mean does Abbas have any feats that would give him comparable strength to Nate? Because if not, bringing up that he "nearly" went insane from using the apple doesn't prove that Drake wouldn't be strong enough to, since he has some of the best willpower of any recent character I can remember.

Nate won't need to use it excessively, can't he just use it to incapacitate the assassins or maybe teleport himself some place else?

Abbas' mind isn't stronger than Drake's. He "nearly" went insane because Altair (who has shown immunity to its psych attacks) deactivated the Apple.

Teleportation would be a trick. Lol.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: resisting the apple isn't about willpower

It's about having particular DNA

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dajhonmccloud: Yeah that is too many Assassin's for him to handle at once, Assassin's win, although Drake would take at least one down first

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@slimj87d said:

@captain_batman_ftw said:

Assassins.

They have to chase him to do that, and 100s of explosions would suddenly ensue. Are they as agile and fast climbing as him? I've only played the first assassins creed and they climb very slow compared to Drake.

Ezio alone could catch him before he realizes what has happened, or you know... he can just throw a throwing knife at him.

Also, the reason as for why it is slow is due to game mechanics. Assassin's Creed came out before 2009, so the game mechanics wasn't the best back then. Also, from what I have seen, Ezio is by faar miles ahead of Nate in terms of agility.

Start reading from left to right, from the point where the indicator says: ''Ezio leapt lightly over the parapet....'' and then continue to the next scan and it is finished to the point where the indicator say: '' ...He had rounded on a second, stabbing him in the arm.''

That's damn good agility, but to be honest though. The guard was tired, but still, Ezio managed to round the parapets within a second and stab the guard before he could react. Also, before saying that the fact that he did it 'within a second' is hyperbole, it's not. Ezio has multiple other showings where he takes out guards without them being able to react. He has other speed feats where he for example: takes out 5 people rapidly before they could react, remove the helmets of two guards and then knock them out withint a heartbeat etc etc... Many showings to support this.

Another agility feat is where he manages to bullrush five Borgia guards at 35mph, and then continue to rapidly take them out off-guard. He scared off the five other Borgia guards.

No Caption Provided

''Moving with the deadly speed of a lynx...'' This is fast enough to bullrush Nate. Also, lynxes can move at 35mph.

*EDIT* I forgot to say something about the wall-climbing part, so I'll just go ahead and say that Ezio was described as a spider crawling up the wall (or something like that) in the book.

Avatar image for deactivated-6314d3d11bddb
deactivated-6314d3d11bddb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well damn.

coolerdbz50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

connor is the weakest less skilled assassin, drake should take that round.

FreakGamerA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassins stomp so hard! Anyone can solo Nate!