#1 Posted by nickzambuto (19388 posts) - - Show Bio

Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Desmond

vs

Leonardo, Rapheal, Michelangelo, and Donatello

Each participant is armed with their signature weapon (no apple)

Current versions of everyone.

#2 Posted by oceanmaster21 (11898 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by MonsterStomp (25450 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Define signature weapons... The hidden blade is used mostly for assassination contracts. Not really designed for open conflict.

#4 Posted by nickzambuto (19388 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Define signature weapons... The hidden blade is used mostly for assassination contracts. Not really designed for open conflict.

I never played Assassins Creed :P

Standard gear in that case.

#5 Posted by MonsterStomp (25450 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

LOL. Play them!

#6 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3446 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@monsterstomp said:

LOL. Play them!

#7 Edited by silkyballfro94 (3746 posts) - - Show Bio

What the SHELL dude! TMNT takes this easily brah...The turtles have too much agility and are ninja pros.

#8 Edited by NeonGameWave (11583 posts) - - Show Bio

This match is really interesting and a crossover would be something! I think the Ninja Turtles take this due to superior combat skill and team coordination but I think with prep, the Assassins would have a much better chance.

#9 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (696 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel people either underestimate the turtles or over estimate the assassins. Turtles win handily. All are superior Fighters and have unmatched team work. The assassins awesome but physically they are weaker and same with h2h. Desmond is the weakest link and gets killed easily. Then its 4 Vs. 3. Donatello (The weakest of the turtles has proved that he's on the same level of the assassins at the very least and the rest of his broths are even more superior too him)

#10 Posted by NighThunder (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

TMMT

C'MON..TAKE THE BAIT

#11 Posted by Leo-343 (18260 posts) - - Show Bio

Desmond gets dropped in about 5 seconds. Altair soloed armies and is a veteran, as far as pure skill and intellect i think he's the best of the Assassins, Ezio knows how to use his gear the most effectively and Connor is physically better than them.The Assassins don't win. The Turtles take this by virtue of have much better stats and facing more dangerous foe's (arguable) and better team work.

#12 Edited by NotATreeABush (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

AC wins with easy

#13 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (696 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by NotATreeABush (5008 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@notatreeabush:

That's funny. The Turtles have more feats to back up that they obviously have more skill then even the best Assassin.

#16 Posted by NotATreeABush (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

@tex_the_slayer: Judging by your profile pic you're a TMNT fanboy so I'm not going to even argue...

#17 Posted by baneofdemon22 (904 posts) - - Show Bio

The Turtles won't just stand around to take turns and swipe like buffoons. Leonardo solos!

#18 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@notatreeabush:

Because I have a pic of a character I like means I'm fanboy? What proof do you have the assassins are better fighters? Compared too the Turtles who have beat fought foes such as the triceratons who have super strength and are quite durable? Or them beating hordes of Ninjas trained since birth?

#19 Edited by MonsterStomp (25450 posts) - - Show Bio

@notatreeabush:

That's funny. The Turtles have more feats to back up that they obviously have more skill then even the best Assassin.

Then we shall discuss :)

Throw out an argument and I'll be more then willing to counter :D

#20 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (696 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp:

Ok Then. You can go first with the feats of the Assasins and I shall counter with the scans of the Turtle's doing something even better ;)

#21 Posted by Frisky4 (9216 posts) - - Show Bio

The onlookers are the true winners of that battle.

#22 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the turtles have got this. they're much stronger and durable

#23 Edited by AllStarSuperman (28296 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Tex_The_Slayer (696 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Frisky4 (9216 posts) - - Show Bio

Man. I'm just imagining Altair desperately punching Leonardo, and trying to do it quietly. This is the best mental image.

#26 Posted by GraniteSoldier (11541 posts) - - Show Bio

Turtles. Even if you argue the assassins are more skilled (which at best means they are only slightly better, because the turtles would be at least comparable), there's the fact that the turtles grossly overpower them in every physical department: strength, speed, durability...I don't even see them getting through the turtle's shells and their hides have shown good durability as well. Not to mention the X factor of teamwork. The turtles train to fight as a unit, the assassins operate individually. Teamwork, if nothing else, is going to be the cause of the assassins' downfall.

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (25450 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier: EVERY physical aspect? I don't know about that, Ezio can keep pace with a horse in a gallop while running on a rooftop. He's also jumped off a 80 foot building landing on nothing but a bale of hay. He's fallen off a 2 story building and tanked cannonball fire in close proximity. He doesn't have much in the way of strength feats aside from throwing two men away, but then again I'm still in the process of reading his novels.. He's beating his Uncle Mario in a fight who has been able to snap a sword like a twig IIRC.

That's just Ezio. I'll have to read Forsaken to see how compatible a foe Haytham was for Connor because Connor beat Haytham after hit with cannonball fire in close prox. From the TMNT respect threads, the Turtles aren't immune to piercing and slashing damage. How do the Turtles hold up to poison that can drop men almost instantly? Smoke Screens that render their eyes useless, because if Ezio drops one, there's only four people with the senses to overcome it.

#28 Posted by GraniteSoldier (11541 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: And the turtles have jumped not from, but onto a rooftop. Turtles dodge bullets, and have even dodged lasers from a robot sentry. The assassins really use tactics no different than high end ninjas like Karai, and Leo alone has beaten her. Raph has taken slashes from Alopex, but also has enhanced physicals like the turtles, and had nothing but a few scratches. No blood drawn. For comparison to how sharp they are, Alopex has cut into brick and rock with her claws. And again, Alopex has the physicals, if nothing else (as you noted) strength, to compare to the turtles and the assassins do not. Mousers failed to draw blood on Mikey. The only time I can recall something getting through the turtles' skin is Karai shooting a knockout dart into the back of Leo's neck. However given the other feats shown by the turtles, and that all are comparable to each other, I'd say it's more than likely a weak spot. One the assassins don't know. It is not as likely a spot to attack as some other, easier to attack locations, so I doubt the assassins go for the back of the neck any time soon.

And as for smoke pellets, the turtles have had such tactics used on them, notably by Karai. Usually it's used best to escape the turtles. Even if used offensively, again the turtles teamwork comes into play. They go back to back and it really prevents the assassins from sneaking any of them. And you only mention Ezio having smoke pellets, so why should we assume everyone can operate in it as well as he can? Because they all have the same training? Turtles have better ninja training than the Foot and they operate in smokescreens just fine.

Teamwork, like I said, is the defining factor here. Turtles have it, assassins don't. It's not as simple as X vs Y in a big team fight like this.

#29 Posted by MonsterStomp (25450 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by MonsterStomp (25450 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesoldier

And the turtles have jumped not from, but onto a rooftop.

Like I said, I don't think the Turtles have the Assassins beat in every physical aspect, and if they are it won't be by much. I can concede to the Turtles being stronger, but durability and speed are debateable if we include the Assassin's Creed novels.

Turtles dodge bullets, and have even dodged lasers from a robot sentry.

Not that it really has relevance in a close quarter fight, but Ezio has also dodged bullets. Haytham Kenway, while not here, has also dodged bullets and Connor beat him in hand-to-hand while being too injured to fight.

The assassins really use tactics no different than high end ninjas like Karai, and Leo alone has beaten her.

What has Karai done to suggest that she is on par with or above the Assassins in tactical acumen?

Raph has taken slashes from Alopex, but also has enhanced physicals like the turtles, and had nothing but a few scratches. No blood drawn. For comparison to how sharp they are, Alopex has cut into brick and rock with her claws. And again, Alopex has the physicals, if nothing else (as you noted) strength, to compare to the turtles and the assassins do not. Mousers failed to draw blood on Mikey. The only time I can recall something getting through the turtles' skin is Karai shooting a knockout dart into the back of Leo's neck. However given the other feats shown by the turtles, and that all are comparable to each other, I'd say it's more than likely a weak spot. One the assassins don't know. It is not as likely a spot to attack as some other, easier to attack locations, so I doubt the assassins go for the back of the neck any time soon.

Its not uncommon for the Assassins to strike for the head/neck area on their opponents. Its actually their "go-to" move, if you will. They excel in stealth, so it makes sense to aim for places that put up the least struggle and noise. Moreover, in the novels the Assassins employ techniques that involve slashing tendons in the arms and legs. So those are some ways the Assassins can win.

And as for smoke pellets, the turtles have had such tactics used on them, notably by Karai. Usually it's used best to escape the turtles. Even if used offensively, again the turtles teamwork comes into play. They go back to back and it really prevents the assassins from sneaking any of them.

They're customized Turkish smoke screens. According to Piri Reis (Master Assassin and bomb crafter) they produce a thick black smoke rendering eyesight useless. Then he makes mention of Ezio's supernatural senses. Senses that Altair, Connor and Desmond also have.

And you only mention Ezio having smoke pellets, so why should we assume everyone can operate in it as well as he can? Because they all have the same training?

Good point.

Teamwork, like I said, is the defining factor here. Turtles have it, assassins don't. It's not as simple as X vs Y in a big team fight like this.

Altair, Ezio and Connor have all turned the tide in some serious battles, solo. They do this by taking out the leader. And while the Turtles have better chemistry, the Assassins have worked with other assassins (fodder).

Teamwork is an important factor here, but they need a leader to call the shots. Without a leader you have Raph, Don and Mikey calling out different plays, and what could have been their salvation could now be their downfall. It shouldn't be too hard for the Assassins to deduce who's the leader. They have superhuman hearing (hear heartbeats, breathing from a distance, bats fluttering wins and compare the sound to thunder etc), so it shouldn't take long to tap in to whoever is barking orders.

#32 Posted by ZathanGo (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say the Assassins win, simply because I like them better, but I think I gotta face the truth and say that the Turtles would take this battle.

While the assassins could work well together, maybe even be incredible together, I do not feel as though they are up to par with the turtles in teamwork. (I think the four new Assassins that are going to be in AC Unity would be a better match for the turtles, but thats not the case)

I think Desmond would be taken down first, leaving Ezio, Altair and Connor outnumbered, and I feel like they would put up a great fight, but overall the turtles are stronger, and faster.