Ash Williams vs Sabretooth (film version)

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Silverrings

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

• Ash Williams, w/ mechanical hand, chainsaw, boomstick, lots of ammo, film and comic feats count
  • Sabretooth, film version, feats from both film appearances count
  • Takes place in the castle courtyard pictured
  • Start ten feet apart
  • No prep
  • In character
  • Win by any means

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any ideas?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Noone301994

Sabretooth.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Sabretooth has many advantages. Strength, durability, healing factor, speed, etc. Ash has some powerful weapons but he won't be able to keep Sabretooth down.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 Ok, fair points, what if Ash decapitated Creed? That might work.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: It probably would but I doubt it would get that far honestly.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Ash, but unless I am mistaken he doesn't have any form of super strength, or any kind of healing factor or anything. Basically, unless Sabertooth, for some strange reason, ran right into Ash's chainsaw, I don't see a way for Ash to win.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 Fair enough, thanks for the comments.

@randomsid You're right, Ash isn't meant to be physically superhuman, but he does seem to be insanely durable. Call it PIS, stylisation, etc, but he gets punched and thrown around, often into walls, by super strong demons all the time and doesn't get more than a scratch, and he was propelled into that tree from very far away and didn't break anything. He's strong enough to fist fight with Deadites and fast enough to reload his boomstick in seconds, but i also think Creed has the physical advantage. Ash is basically a sponge, though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tparks

Comic feats count, then Ash wins. Even without comic feats, I still don't see how he'd lose. The characters he fought and killed were all more powerful then Sabretooth. He also has way too fast of reaction times and better fighting skill. This will be a pretty easy fight for Ash IMO. He's fought characters way more powerful then movie Sabretooth. characters like Freddy, Jason, God Freddy, the seven deadly sins including the one man army wrath, Evil Ash, Evil Ash Prime, Darkman, Dracula, werewolves, and armies of superhuman deadites which a single one could solo Sabretooth easily. Honsetly I don't see how this fight will last more then one second after Ash decapitates him with his boomstick. Sabretooth has never tanked a weapon that powerful or fought against a marksman as good as Ash is.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Silverrings

@noone301994@randomsid You guys got anything to say to @tparks? He seems pretty convinced that Ash would win, and made fair points about the vast array of monsters he's fought.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RandomSid82

@silverrings Well, other than the fact that he is seriously lowballing Sabertooth, not really. On durability. Both Sabertooth and Wolverine took a multitude of bullets in the movies and were just fine. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Sabertooth did get his Adamantium upgrade so I don't see Ash decapitating him. Nothing he has could cut through Adamantium. On reactions, Sabertooth has fought Wolverine(who has been trained in many martial arts) on multiple occasions and reacted just fine. He has also reacted to a teleporter and killed him. Then there is also the fact that both Wolverine and Sabertooth are trained soldiers having fought in multiple battle grounds. Then there is strength. Sabertooth has through people well over 20 feet through the air with no problems, he also sent Wolverine flying through a wall in their bar fight.

I'm a little busy right now but later I'll rewatch the movies and see if I can confirm some of my other thoughts about Sabertooth from the movies. However, I have never read the comics for Ash. So if @tparks could post some scans that would be nice.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tparks

@randomsid:

Well, other than the fact that he is seriously lowballing Sabertooth, not really.

Not at all, his feats are just not as impressive.

On durability. Both Sabertooth and Wolverine took a multitude of bullets in the movies and were just fine.

Bullets do not equal boomstick.

Loading Video...
  • 0:10 - He accurately shoots a sword that breaks in half
  • 1:10 - Snipes a chain from a pretty good distance, and then shoots the deadite that is hit so hard it is sent flying backwards flipping. This is so much harder then a normal gun.

SInce Sabretooth has normal human durability, but just heals, he's going to end up with holes this size in his body.

No Caption Provided

The exit wound on that is ridiculous. One of those to the head is an instant KO if not death, and Sabretooth has never faced a marksman like Ash.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Sabertooth did get his Adamantium upgrade so I don't see Ash decapitating him. Nothing he has could cut through Adamantium.

Sabretooth did not have adamantium, but even if he did....

Loading Video...

Instant KO from a much weaker gun.

On reactions, Sabertooth has fought Wolverine(who has been trained in many martial arts) on multiple occasions and reacted just fine.

Well, Wolverine obviously doesn't have the reaction time to dodge bullets as seen above, so that's not that big of a deal, and that was from some featless cop, not Ash who is a sharpshooter with his boom stick.

He has also reacted to a teleporter and killed him.

A near feat-less teleporter who did not use a gun that leaves basketball size exit wounds or a chain saw that slices through everything like hot butter and is wielded like a trained swordsman.

Then there is also the fact that both Wolverine and Sabertooth are trained soldiers having fought in multiple battle grounds.

But still not as many battles as Ash has been in against all superhuman characters. Ash has led armies, not just taken part in them.

Then there is strength. Sabertooth has through people well over 20 feet through the air with no problems, he also sent Wolverine flying through a wall in their bar fight.

He has to touch Ash to do that, and he has no way to close the distance. Even if he does, Ash has better reaction times then either Wolverine or Sabretooth. I don't have access to all of my scans at the moment but he is a bullet and laser timer.

Here's one I do have of Ash casually dodging lasers.

No Caption Provided

And then he goes on to take out soldiers armed with laser guns with nothing but his belt.

No Caption Provided

I'm a little busy right now but later I'll rewatch the movies and see if I can confirm some of my other thoughts about Sabertooth from the movies. However, I have never read the comics for Ash. So if @tparks could post some scans that would be nice.

I wish I had access to all of them now, so I could show some more. They're pretty great comics. :)

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Damn, I really got to watch those movies.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@tparks: Agreed. Ash Wins. He blows off Sabertooth's head.

Although in Wolverine's defense he tanked a gun shots to the head with no problem in the later movie Wolverine Origins. So the feat in X2 was a very low showing.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4 said:

@tparks: Damn, I really got to watch those movies.

Great movies. :)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@tparks: Agreed. Ash Wins. He blows off Sabertooth's head.

Although in Wolverine's defense he tanked a gun shots to the head with no problem in the later movie Wolverine Origins. So the feat in X2 was a very low showing.

That's true.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Heard mixed reviews on the latest one, what's your opinion on it?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tparks

@bluejay4 said:

@tparks: Heard mixed reviews on the latest one, what's your opinion on it?

I liked it, but I didn't go into the movie expecting to see the same kind of movie as the classics. But....it takes a whole lot for me to dislike a movie. lol. I find myself enjoying pretty much every movie I see, even if they get awful reviews. That being said, it really was pretty good.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

@tparks said:

@randomsid:

Well, other than the fact that he is seriously lowballing Sabertooth, not really.

Not at all, his feats are just not as impressive.

On durability. Both Sabertooth and Wolverine took a multitude of bullets in the movies and were just fine.

Bullets do not equal boomstick.

Loading Video...
  • 0:10 - He accurately shoots a sword that breaks in half
  • 1:10 - Snipes a chain from a pretty good distance, and then shoots the deadite that is hit so hard it is sent flying backwards flipping. This is so much harder then a normal gun.

SInce Sabretooth has normal human durability, but just heals, he's going to end up with holes this size in his body.

No Caption Provided

The exit wound on that is ridiculous. One of those to the head is an instant KO if not death, and Sabretooth has never faced a marksman like Ash.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Sabertooth did get his Adamantium upgrade so I don't see Ash decapitating him. Nothing he has could cut through Adamantium.

Sabretooth did not have adamantium, but even if he did....

Loading Video...

Instant KO from a much weaker gun.

On reactions, Sabertooth has fought Wolverine(who has been trained in many martial arts) on multiple occasions and reacted just fine.

Well, Wolverine obviously doesn't have the reaction time to dodge bullets as seen above, so that's not that big of a deal, and that was from some featless cop, not Ash who is a sharpshooter with his boom stick.

He has also reacted to a teleporter and killed him.

A near feat-less teleporter who did not use a gun that leaves basketball size exit wounds or a chain saw that slices through everything like hot butter and is wielded like a trained swordsman.

Then there is also the fact that both Wolverine and Sabertooth are trained soldiers having fought in multiple battle grounds.

But still not as many battles as Ash has been in against all superhuman characters. Ash has led armies, not just taken part in them.

Then there is strength. Sabertooth has through people well over 20 feet through the air with no problems, he also sent Wolverine flying through a wall in their bar fight.

He has to touch Ash to do that, and he has no way to close the distance. Even if he does, Ash has better reaction times then either Wolverine or Sabretooth. I don't have access to all of my scans at the moment but he is a bullet and laser timer.

Here's one I do have of Ash casually dodging lasers.

No Caption Provided

And then he goes on to take out soldiers armed with laser guns with nothing but his belt.

No Caption Provided

I wish I had access to all of them now, so I could show some more. They're pretty great comics. :)

Ok, first on the Boomstick. It is just a normal Shotgun. The reason they were so impressed with it is because they lived in an age where they were still fighting with swords and arrows. They had never seen a gun before. And yeah, just about any shotgun could do that to a sword, especially when he hit it from the side. On Durability, I'm really at a disadvantage because Sabertooth has only been in two movies, meanwhile Ash has had quite a few and comics as well. The best I can give is surviving many many bullet wounds. But, I do not see the Boomstick causing near as much damage to someone like Sabertooth as it does to a deadite. It would hurt obviously, but I doubt very seriously it would cause a hole anywhere near that size on him.

That is a very low showing with Wolverine, basically all of the Xmen movies kind of sucked in showing characters full abilities. But as someone else said, he handled many bullets to the head in the X-men Origins movies much better. Also it isn't really a reaction showing because he wasn't trying to dodge the bullet at all. He was trying to diffuse the situation if I remember that scene correctly.

Granted, the teleporter did not have many feats since he was only in the one movie. However, he was in the same assassin squad as Wolverine and Sabertooth and lived through it just fine so it can be assumed that he is pretty good at what he does.

On speed. That is one thing they did show quite a decent amount of in the movies. Sabertooth would have no problem chasing Ash down. He has been shown in the movies bounding down hallways and up mountains and charging up on "pillboxes" full of soldiers with no problems. Sabertooth is not slow at all.

As for the laser dodging, from the scans it looks to me like he is outreacting the shooters, not the lasers. Taking them out with just his belt is fairly impressive, although they are featless as well. And yeah, he would not have anywhere near that kind of luck with Sabertooth.

Basically, Ash might win simply because of the number of feats he has in all his movies and his comics. Put Ash against Comics Sabertooth though and it is not even a battle.

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash is very wrong guy to mess with.