#1 Edited by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

So, would you rather live in Asgard and be an Asgardian or live in Olympus and be an Olympian? These are the Marvel Comics versions. Note: You are NOT choosing to be the gods, just a normal Olympian or Asgardian. Personally, for me regardless of lore and what universe, I'd pick Olympus hands down.

Olympus itself
Olympian Pantheon
Asgard itself, apologies about this picture. I couldn't find a high-quality image of Asgard.
Asgardian Characters, for a better image of this picture, go here: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/28708/1060752-thorr.jpg

#2 Edited by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

Crap, please move this to the general section. I posted in the wrong one. Thanks!

#3 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

Olympus is largely boring, at least in either version of Asgard something is happening worth taking notice.

#4 Posted by Thewhiteronin (727 posts) - - Show Bio

Olympus is largely boring, at least in either version of Asgard something is happening worth taking notice.

Well, Asgard has been destroyed before.. I wouldn't want to live there and see my home destroyed nor my family killed, lol. I guess it's exciting, but I wish Marvel would focus more on Olympus.

#5 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@thewhiteronin: True but Olympus was attacked by hulk

That was about the most exciting thing to happen in decades there.

@isaac_clarke said:

Well, Asgard has been destroyed before.. I wouldn't want to live there and see my home destroyed nor my family killed, lol. I guess it's exciting, but I wish Marvel would focus more on Olympus.

Sure - but that isn't a frequent happening and there are currently two of them:

One with Odin running around doing things, another filled with an assortment of gods, elves, etc - pretty much with something always happening to keep one entertained.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Olympus of course!

Aye, verily!

#8 Posted by patrat18 (10851 posts) - - Show Bio

Olympus.

#9 Posted by seekquaze (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard has a higher standard of behavior, a more noble ruler and royal family. If an Asgardian steps out of line or acts like a major jerk you can go to one of then or plenty others. The constant warfare requires a more tightly knitted community. The nine worlds are large and beautiful so you have plenty of adventures and places to explore.

On the other hand it is under almost constant attack and often knocked down. It is not a place for the faint of heart. Half of those other worlds are full of hostile creatures eager to kill you.

Olympus is ruled by a bunch of jerks who can be friendly one moment, but can quickly switch to being highly offended on a moments notice. The king preaches high morals but can be just as bad as the rest. He may be fair when dealing with lesser deities or matter. However, if you cross one of the big 12 there is no guarantee he will help you even if the other party is in the wrong.

On the other hand, the lesser inhabitants of the city do not have that sort of power and Zeus is unlikely to tolerate highly vindictive behavior from them. I imagine he has to maintain some degree of fairness to maintain the loyalty of Hercules and a number of other lesser gods. Olympus is not under constant attack and is largely peaceful where its inhabitants are free to pursue leisure in developing their minds or bodies. As long as you stay away from or beneath the notice of the big 12 you will probable be fine. This would include not mouthing off or saying anything in the least way offensive to them. If you gain the patronage/protection of one of the 12 or more important lesser gods they might protect you.

In the end, I would go with Olympus. Asgard is great if you prefer a warrior culture, but you might not live long enough to enjoy your immortality. Olympus is fine as long as you keep your head down and stay out of the way of the major gods.

#10 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

For Odin, For Asgard!

#11 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer said:

@thewhiteronin: True but Olympus was attacked by hulk

That was about the most exciting thing to happen in decades there.

@thewhiteronin said:

@isaac_clarke said:

Sure - but that isn't a frequent happening and there are currently two of them:

One with Odin running around doing things, another filled with an assortment of gods, elves, etc - pretty much with something always happening to keep one entertained.

What about war with Mikaboshi (not Chaos War)? Or Typhon?

#12 Posted by HellionVulcan (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the Olympians since they're true Immortal's .

#13 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard. Zeus is a son of a b*tch, and is likely to slam your wife or daughter....or both

#14 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard. Olympus is like high culture compared to the awesome warrior culture of Asgard. If sh*t goes down in the immortal world(s) I want to at least be prepared

#15 Posted by Cgoodness (6013 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard.....less inbreeding

#16 Posted by randomcharachter (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgard

Vikings are cooler than greeks.