Asajj Ventress vs Exar Kun (Lightsaber Duel)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Asajj Ventress

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun

No Caption Provided

Question 1 - Who has more raw fighting skill, which includes lightsaber technique, martial arts, tactics - any facet of fighting skill.

Question 2 - Who wins in a fight? Lightsabers and unarmed combat only, Force Augmentation allowed, nothing else.

Location - Petranaki arena.

Both in their prime, start at opposite ends of the arena, both start with a single blade ignited and may alter this at their discretion once the fight starts.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Question 1: I can imagine Exar be more agressive and thus raw. Makashi users like Asajj, mostly focuses on dueling while they start to push lately or not push their opponents at all. I honestly dont remember regular fight when she was using the raw fighting style on anyone.

Question 2: Asajj would win in the lightsaber combat. Exar used Niman and most of his fights were based on involving the Force, which is not the Ventress case. She fights with her hands and sabers and results to her Force abilities only when she has too.

Both have a single-blade which is not suitable for dual-wielder or staff wielder, but it wont change her victory most likely. She cannot win every time, but should take slight majority. Might lose in unarmed combat.

Mije_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mije_101
@penderor said:

Question 2: Asajj would win in the lightsaber combat. Exar used Niman and most of his fights were based on involving the Force

No they weren't. In fact, I am so confident of this, I challenge you to name one duel involving Exar Kun, where he used the Force mid-fight against the opponent.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LuckyStrike

Good Match up

No Caption Provided

Exar Kun stomps though.

Abandoning Niman's focus on moderation, Kun created a style is very comparable to the radical style of Classic General Greivous, as depicted in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Very unpredictable, very unconventional and highly effective. In his day Exar Kun was never defeated in a lightsaber duel, and only countered by his apprentice, Ulic Qel Droma.

This was a cool match up, but lets not compare a famed Dark lord to a Sith pretender.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LuckyStrike

@mije_101 said:
@penderor said:

Question 2: Asajj would win in the lightsaber combat. Exar used Niman and most of his fights were based on involving the Force

No they weren't. In fact, I am so confident of this, I challenge you to name one duel involving Exar Kun, where he used the Force mid-fight against the opponent.

Agreed with the bolded text. I think that @penderor was assuming that Kun would frequently chain force based attacks in his lightsaber sequences as it's a core element of the Niman style, however Kun was more into changing his style to fit the situation and constantly applying the difficult practice of adjusting his lightsaber settings, changing the power and blade length to over through and off balance his opponents.

Of course, as an absolute master of Niman, he would be familiar with using the force to compliment his lightsaber abilities.

I can count the duelists on one hand that can beat Kun.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Penderor

@mije_101: There was already debate about his Force blasts, involved in combat.

Loading Video...

Here he used the Force during the fight. I couldnt find this picture elsewhere.

Also, he used the Force during his final stand against the Jedi when he casted himself in stasis (or just captured his Force spirit, I cant explain it now¨. In most of situations he used the Dark Side abilities once he was about losing the fight.

@luckystrike I can count over 10 of them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor: The fight you showed in that video wasn't a lightsaber duel. The woman is a Sith Magician who attacked Kun with magic - he responded with a blast. He then dueled Ulic Qel-Droma to a standstill without using the Force.

And every lightsaber duel Kun was in prior to this, and after when he first used his Saberstaff, he didn't rely on the Force to win. I haven't yet read any of his duels past his second fight with Vodo, but up until that point he's always relied on his blade.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

@mije_101: There was already debate about his Force blasts, involved in combat.

Loading Video...

Here he used the Force during the fight. I couldnt find this picture elsewhere.

Also, he used the Force during his final stand against the Jedi when he casted himself in stasis (or just captured his Force spirit, I cant explain it now¨. In most of situations he used the Dark Side abilities once he was about losing the fight.

@luckystrike I can count over 10 of them.

Please do

Jueix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exar Kun.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Penderor

@i_like_swords: Oh sorry, my bad then. I expected him to involved Force due the Niman and the use of his Force amping trinkets, artifacts.

@luckystrike Luke, Sidious, Yoda, Plagueis, Cadeus, Plagueis, Tenebrous, Dooku, Windu, Maul, Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto (those guys beats him for majority in fight)

Kyle Katarn, Malgus, Revan, Ventress, Savage Opress, Quinlan Vos, Kyp Durron, Bane (those would either won few rounds against him, stalemate or I am not enough big expert to judge such close fights)

He beats: Starkiller, Ahsoka, Shaak Ti, Mundi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Satele Shan, Ben Kenobi,

Are you pleased?

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LuckyStrike
@penderor said:

@i_like_swords: Oh sorry, my bad then. I expected him to involved Force due the Niman and the use of his Force amping trinkets, artifacts.

U clearly have better knowledge of Kun's abilities then anyone else here. lolololol.

You should know that

• Luke wins
  • Sidious wins
  • Yoda wins
  • Plagueis gets stomped
  • Cadeus wins
  • Tenbebrous gets stomped
  • Dooku looses
  • Windu wins
  • Maul looses
  • Obi wan looses
  • Fisto gets MURDERSTOMPED
  • Katarn gets stomped
  • Malgus looses
  • Revan gets stomped
  • Ventress gets stomped
  • Vos....... R U Trolling? MURDERSTOMP
  • Kyp gets stomped
  • Bane gets stomped
No Caption Provided

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GeorgeWBush

I don't see Ventress dealing well with strikes that can smash through Mandalorian iron, kill Vodo with a single downward strike, and smash Crado to the ground. Skillwise they should be close though, also his style of Niman was closer to Maul's Juyo than Niman in general he was vastly more focused on power strikes and offense.

And lmao at Kun stomping Plagueis and Tenebrous

itzxsloth345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah kun stomps both rounds.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't stomping someone who can make Windu struggle, beat Grievous, beat Kit Fisto, and hold her own against guys like Kenobi and Anakin.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Penderor

@luckystrike said:
@penderor said:

U clearly have better knowledge of Kun's abilities then anyone else here. lolololol.

You should know that

• Luke wins
  • Sidious wins
  • Yoda wins
  • Plagueis gets stomped
  • Cadeus wins
  • Tenbebrous gets stomped
  • Dooku looses
  • Windu wins
  • Maul looses
  • Obi wan looses
  • Fisto gets MURDERSTOMPED
  • Katarn gets stomped
  • Malgus looses
  • Revan gets stomped
  • Ventress gets stomped
  • Vos....... R U Trolling? MURDERSTOMP
  • Kyp gets stomped
  • Bane gets stomped
No Caption Provided

I never said that I am an expert. Yes, I know only basics about Kun. It is possible that you know his story better, but...

Plagueis is the master of Sidious. He is much faster, skilled and agile than Kun. He is superior in every aspect. Unless you can prove otherwise.

I honestly cannot believe you said that Windu is better than Maul, Dooku and Obi-Wan by stating he wins against Exar Kun lol.

Tell me good lord, what Jedi or Sith, full of feats like moving his sword faster than even regular Jedi could see, kicking the person several meters back or fighting blind against several night sisters at once. Not to mention that Dooku held his own against both Ventress and Savage at once, while Windu had to use all his skill to beat Ventress.

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor said:

Plagueis is the master of Sidious. He is much faster, skilled and agile than Kun. He is superior in every aspect. Unless you can prove otherwise.

I honestly cannot believe you said that Windu is better than Maul, Dooku and Obi-Wan by stating he wins against Exar Kun lol.

Tell me good lord, what Jedi or Sith, full of feats like moving his sword faster than even regular Jedi could see, kicking the person several meters back or fighting blind against several night sisters at once. Not to mention that Dooku held his own against both Ventress and Savage at once, while Windu had to use all his skill to beat Ventress.

Cool story.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun in a pretty close fight, 7-8/10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

I don't see Ventress dealing well with strikes that can smash through Mandalorian iron

IIRC he upped the intensity of his lightsaber to do this, but having said that, he can do this during a duel whenever he wants as well. He's also been strong enough to make his lightsaber strikes with Sylvar heard for kilometers, and snap Vodo's staff twice which was stronger than a lightsaber. He could potentially short out Asajj's saber with enough force applied. Also, he appeared to negligibly hold this guy up with one arm, have him conduct a speech, and then crush the back of his head, although I may be interpreting it wrongly:

Needless to say, Exar is strong as hell. Stronger than Maul, probably on-par with Malgus.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By ShootingNova

Exar in a good fight. He is very strong, very fast (or at least, seemingly so, he has replicated similar showings to Maul's in comics) and very skilled.

JKBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

1 - Who has more raw fighting skill, which includes lightsaber technique, martial arts, tactics - any facet of fighting skill.

It's quite an interesting thing. Talking about the sheer lightsaber mastery and tatical ingenuity, I would choose Ventress to be honest. Exar Kun was more unique with his saberstaff, but a large facet of his praised unpredictability is actually the fact that warriors of his era didn't have preparation for dual-bladed saber. Of course, it speaks high about Exar that he mastered a style that was so unique back there, but it's questionable whether it translates directly into his sheer skill, or does it just partially. I generally recognize is it as something that really speaks about his lightsaber mastery and combative creativity, but there is also the fact that while you can be undoubtedly innovative with something, someone else can just master it better. Kun is skilled without a doubt though.

On the other hand, Ventress has feats that indicate more of a clear combative skill. Not only has she fought equally against very well estabilished characters that are among the best Jedi/Sith, like Obi-Wan or Kit, but she displayed some traits that are very clear showings of pure skill. She was capable of holding her own against two swordsmen on her own tier simultaneously. Yes, in Star Wars numbers of your opponents are usually underestimated - while they usually, if teams are utilizing some basic and legitimate tactics, are extremely deadly; it's twice harder to find a space, twice harder to time your attacks between opponents movements, twice harder to focus your offense, twice harder to finish someone off, twice harder to exploit an opening, and it all sums up. Still, even within SW fighting against two Jedi around your own caliber is something rare, and it indicates extremely good sheer skill. When she defeated Fisto, she utilized her knowledge about him, utilized the advantage coming from his weaknesses there (simply being tired from the fight before) and it's especially good when you consider the fact that Fisto has superior speed and there is nothing to imply he is less skilled overall than Ventress is. Ventress also has a wider arsenal - she swiftly switched between saberstaff and dual sabers, she easily incorporated Force assaults mid-combat to supress imbalanced opponent within proper moments, whereas Kun never shown anything like that. Of course, you can argue that it's simply much harder to describe that within a comic, and I can easily agree to it. And, to be fair, running away from a saber fight and utilizing the terrain and momentary advantages properly for that is actually a very good skill showing. :P

So in general, I think Ventress is the more skillfull one.

The potential fight between the duo is a different thing. Ventress is not the one to be dropped by the superior physical strength of her opponents, but Kun seems to be both faster and physically stronger. His methods and fighting style are far more deadly to Asajj than they would be in case of someone comparable physically. Kun should win, but it would be an extremely close fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkbart: I've only read through half so far, but nice detailed response, as always :P

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun stomps. He is vastly more skilled and experienced, and far more physically powerful.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kun.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers