Asajj Ventress (CW) vs Quinlan Vos (ROTS)

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@darthant66 said:

@i_like_swords Well then maybe some time we can have a Revan vs Quinlan Vos matchup. No, not for a debate, but rather a nice way for you to be educated on his abilities. Because your knowledge of him right now is seemingly extremely lacking.

As long as things are kept civil, I'd be happy to discuss it. I admittedly am not the most knowledgeable on Revan, which is why I tend not to discuss him much. I've made a couple of threads using him as a measuring stick for characters I wasn't sure about (Vos and Xesh), but that's not to say I try to underrate him deliberately.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: Well, I've never really been a fan of him, looked into his feats or felt one way or another about him, so I don't really want to place him anywhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: That was a little while ago, so I would have to admit that now looking back, I would say I didn't Revan enough credit.

I don't know why you're bringing this into non-Revan thread, or are so upset by it, though. People underrate characters I like, such as Vos, Maul and Savage on the regular and I don't bring up full-scale debates about it in inappropriate threads.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66 I asked for it to be locked because I was p*ssed at the time, and didn't want to start a flame war. I'm not attacking your friend, your friend addressed me with insults and claims which I chose to refute. Tbh, at this rate you aren't even worth responding to, so I'll call it quits here.

Revan sucks, btw. Try not to burst a blood vessel over it.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@darthant66 I asked for it to be locked because I was p*ssed at the time, and didn't want to start a flame war. I'm not attacking your friend, your friend addressed me with insults and claims which I chose to refute. Tbh, at this rate you aren't even worth responding to, so I'll call it quits here.

Revan sucks, btw. Try not to burst a blood vessel over it.

Troll alert.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: ...says the guy who was spurring on whirlwind_33, the guy who was calling moderators b*tches, d*ck suckers and the rest of it. You aren't doing yourself any favours by being a hypocrite.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: "LOL" "I think whirlwind won" ect, match my description, which would then lead to you being a hypocrite for spurring on one troll, while pointing out one vaguely joking troll-esque comment.

Night night :)

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I didn't ''match your description'' (whatever that means), nor did I act hostile against any mod.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: My description being "the guy who spurred on whirlwind_33". You denied spurring him on during his trolling, when evidently you did. He was the class clown and you laughed at him, and actively encouraged him. I didn't say anything about you acting hostile to a mod, but you supported a guy who did. But then have the ability to whine over one vaguely trolly comment, cause I upset your buddie.

But ah well, I'm wasting my time here. You'll just keep backpeddling.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Intrepid37

@i_like_swords:

lol

Seems like you're the guy dealing with verbal menstruation issues to me. I didn't encourage any trolling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Which makes you a hypocrite, since you spurred on a troll not too long ago. Besides, I haven't done anything trolly in this thread apart from make one silly comment about Revan. Lmao.

Just concede, it's less painful that way.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#120  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

LOL @ this thread.

I think a mod should just lock it because it's an utter abomination.

We all agre Ventress wins so I have no idea why this is even going on any further.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I didn't have anything to do with WW33. And your last reply to SN is nothing but trolling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I didn't have anything to do with WW33. And your last reply to SN is nothing but trolling.

You were spurring him on in my blog, until a mod came at my request, deleted your inappropriate comments, and gave you an informal warning for antagonizing me. Nope, it wasn't. He continued talking about how counter-productive I am, so I continued talking about him. I also asked for why he thought Ventress is more powerful. Nothing trolly there.

LOL @ this thread.

I think a mod should just like it because it's an utter abomination.

We all agre Ventress wins so I have no idea why this is even going on any further.

I was still pondering over which one is more powerful in the Force, but was rudely interrupted by Intrepid and co. Ah well.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Intrepid37

@i_like_swords:

He continued talking about how counter-productive I am, so I continued talking about him. I also asked for why he thought

If you didn't notice, he quit the debate because he didn't want to talk to you. You continuing is trolling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

He continued talking about how counter-productive I am, so I continued talking about him. I also asked for why he thought

If you didn't notice, he quit the debate because he didn't want to talk to you. You continuing is trolling.

We quit the debate.. yet he referenced me again, saying that my discussions surrounding Vos are only counter-productive. You don't say "I wish to ignore you", and then negatively reference that same person in the third person right after, and still get a free-pass to be ignored.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: You just confirmed that you wanted the last word with him. That's pretty childish.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Is this really all you do, intrepid? Try to call people out on points, get proven wrong, then move onto something else instead of conceding? Jesus, that's poor show.

I didn't want the last word with him. But when someone says "we're done" - I expect us to be done. I don't expect him to continue talking about me. You don't say "I'm done with you" to a bee, then kick the beehive.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: You didn't prove anything, bro. Besides being a moron, but that was clear from the start.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000:

1. Considering Dave Filoni has said he respects the EU, yes, it was in consideration, which is why they took elements of the EU and incorporated them into TCW, but at the same time, TCW ruined continuity.

Regardless of what you want to think, the fact is that Quinlan never won by virtue of skill. It's plainly obvious that he isn't in that type of class to just beat Bulq via skill.

2. No, he won by tapping into a source of power he shouldn't be tapping into. In other words, Anakin shouldn't be beating Dooku unless he does get amped, which he shouldn't be doing as a Jedi - therefore, it's an amp which won't be occurring in every fight.

3. That's because TCW is always inconsistent and filled with PIS/WIS.

4. No source indicates Windu held back.

Are you sure?They might have had respect for it, but I don't think they considered the backgrounds to the EU stories.

Quinlan didn't win by skill, Bulq lost because of skill. After you reminded me of the outside interference in the fight, I know Quinlan would have died. I just said that he held his own before he was overwhelmed. Bulq still could have won, if he were more skilled.

But still, that is Anakin's power. I know he has accessed that forbidden source of power to win fights. Technically, that means that Anakin holds back when he fights because he can access his dark powers. Lots of the Force Amplifiers in Star Wars aren't really Amps. Most of the people who can amp themselves are just people who hold back power, like Windu or Sidious or even Anakin. Am i getting this wrong?

I thought Windu was holding back because he ended the fight right after he got finished talking to Bulq with an unexpected telekinetic push that seemed to stun Bulq.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#129  Edited By ShootingNova

LOL @ me being an angel or thinking I am one or speaking ill of Maul being everything I do. Can somebody start speaking of me when they actually know me well enough? The first point isn't even worth discussing - I've more than once assessed my own fallacies and said I was not infallible, so anybody who actually thinks I believe such in myself obviously knows nothing about me. Who are you to be passing judgment on who I am when you don't even know me outside of CaV's and battle threads?

As for speaking ill of Maul, considering how I have debated with him in the forums in the past since my reeducation on Star Wars, I think I'm fine with where I am.

Also, the Ventress argument was already up. You decided to celebrate your victory dance instead of bothering to respond.

I will be as blunt and frank as possible - I will say that yes, ILS, you have made enemies with plenty of people - trolls and not trolls. Some of our other resident SW experts also dislike you without making public comments. Not that it matters because clearly, this is a personal dispute between ILS and myself. That said, I regret misspeaking by stating any of this in public. It'll just worsen the thread.

And by the way, saying I am such a large problem is hypocritical. I have apologized for making you feel bad in the past, including in this very thread, but whenever I ask you to stop doing things that I equally dislike, I get ignored. It's really appreciated that you continue to take my statements out-of-context and do whatever you can to make me look like a lowballing hypocrite, and it's also appreciated that you consider my disagreements, logical or not, to be lowballs. In spite of all that, I'm the one who lowballs/is biased once you come up with Maul is just as fast if not faster than Plagueis, and that he can match Plagueis's speed and strength feats to become an equal to him in those categories, or when you put Quinlan Vos in a fight against Revan, or when you say Savage's showings match Palpatine effortlessly collapsing a restaurant, or when you think Dooku gets strained to block one of Vos's blows because he showed teeth, or when you think Leia can't take physical strikes well whilst citing her being hit by TK or being surprise-attacked by unwanted third parties, etc. You fanwank your favorites at least as much as I supposedly "lowball" them. It's incredibly coincidental that I only happen to lowball your personal favorites, or perhaps you simply take them out of proportion yourself. There's hardly been a single Quinlan Vos thread that goes by without ruckus because of you. Nobody is infallible, so I would never have cited those instances otherwise. But since I'm so irredeemable and a pain, then so are you.

And if you want me to, I can cite all the instances where I play Maul high and say how good of a match he would be for Dooku or another character. Unfortunately, you're the one who pulls him out of proportion against characters like Grievous, Anakin, or Plagueis, and yet I speak ill of Maul? When I planned to do his respect thread before I let you do it for him? When I debated with him against Silver? I speak ill of Vos, when he is one of my favorite Jedi? I speak ill of Savage when I debated with him against Silver, more than once? Yes, and you're the one who just went "Revan sucks". You must have had aneurisms in the Darth Maul or Count Dooku thread, which, may I remind you, you were misquoting me and citing things out of ignorance? Perhaps you should rethink what you say before posting them.

EDIT: Here we go again with you taking me out-of-context to make me look like a hypocrite. I was continuing to talk about you negatively? No, I wasn't. I moved on and responded to other people. I referenced you once when I responded to Intrepid, not you, to simply elucidate on my standing. It has nothing to do with you. All it is is my viewpoint. But sure, that's another personal attack.

But enough. I didn't come to Comic Vine to have debates about people, I came here to debate about characters. Anything else and I will be flagging, because that becomes baiting at that stage.

Also, if I went too far in any of this (I don't believe I necessarily did, but I might have), I apologize to the community for wasting space in this thread with this utter garbage.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL @ this thread.

I think a mod should just lock it because it's an utter abomination.

Contact a mod to lock it. I don't want to receive messages from here anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Not that I'm going to respond to the post itself because that doesn't help anyone.. but those weren't examples of fan wanking. I had barely been debating Star wars a few weeks IIRC when I debated against Plagueis and knew nothing of his abilities. I was taking his feats at face value (which as you know are quite scarce). To judge me at that time as a debater would be like me judging you by posts you made years ago. I put Vos in a fight with Revan to gauge Vos' abilities - I'm no Revan expert. And the one with Savage in the CaV was obviously me arguing for the sake of debate, since it was a CaV. And so on.

Now that I've cleared that I'm not an idiot who believes all of those things you listed out of context... I also wouldn't mind seeing the thread locked. It's not doing anyone any favours.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silentbat: I apologize for the part I played in this thread getting out of hand. As you can see.. people are quite stressed atm. I don't think it'll be happening again *fingers crossed*

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And of course he would find time to create another alt.. LOL

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#137 JediXMan  Moderator

... and now this thread is just a place for personal insults, which I personally want no part of. This thread serves no further purpose.

@saren

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ShootingNova
@i_like_swords said:

Not that I'm going to respond to the post itself because that doesn't help anyone.. but those weren't examples of fan wanking. I had barely been debating Star wars a few weeks IIRC when I debated against Plagueis and knew nothing of his abilities. I was taking his feats at face value (which as you know are quite scarce). To judge me at that time as a debater would be like me judging you by posts you made years ago. I put Vos in a fight with Revan to gauge Vos' abilities - I'm no Revan expert. And the one with Savage in the CaV was obviously me arguing for the sake of debate, since it was a CaV. And so on.

Now that I've cleared that I'm not an idiot who believes all of those things you listed out of context... I also wouldn't mind seeing the thread locked. It's not doing anyone any favours.

Which is fine, and it's why I said what I did after that. Except really, you were already knowledgeable enough on Maul, and you did read the respect thread of Silver which you directly admitted, not to mention me citing the feat itself. There isn't much of an excuse for that.

I suppose the Revan one is fine, as for the Savage one - whilst it is a CaV, which means stretching slightly for one's party to win is understandable, reaching that far doesn't really count. Neither does the other instances I cited that you didn't respond to. And I never called you an idiot.

Let's just stop responding to one another, please.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ILS answered the bait. Isn't it time for a ban? lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: I would advise you to delete that one before a mod arrives.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Intrepid37
JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@i_like_swords: Umm...

...uh

...hrrm

....I

...hmm

...I mean, wow.

Jesus christ you guys.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Don't bring up bans. Trust me. You'll be better off deleting it. And editing "moron" out of the other one.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#149  Edited By Saren

@intrepid37: Waaaait a second, I was pretty sure I banned you a couple of days ago. Oh well. Banned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers