• Aang has prep
Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I say Vaatu.

We don't really know how durable Aang's sphere is.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Aang with ease. He was already in the super 'oh, now I'm connected to my spiritual self' mode korra learned after talking to tenzen from way back. He's better than korra in about every way, and korra handled unavaatu just fine on her own. This is THE avatar, not a n00b playing at being one.

Edit: This one:

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Korra needed the tree of time as well. Not just connecting with her cosmic self.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know how well physical attacks will hurt unavatuu

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@princearagorn1: Yeah, but isn't that Aang featless?

I could see if you meant Aang's Ocean Spirit fusion from Siege of the North, but I don't see how his featless astral self is going to help him against Unavaatu.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: considering korra had absolutely zero training about the form, and was able to use it just fine, I don't see how aang, who consistently outperforms korra in avatar state matters, will fail. Plus they were mainly using h2h, and beams which can be avoided.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Korra only did that with the tree of time and harmonic convergence spiritual amp stuff. It's not something she or Aang could regularly do

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Unavaatu

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: didn't the tree of time simply connect her with the astral self? It seemed mainly done by the astral form itself.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arcus1

@princearagorn1: idk exactly what the tree of time did, something like connecting her with her spiritual self and amplifying its power, but I know she needed the tree to do that. I don't see why Aang would be able to do that when there's no proof it can be done outside of the circumstances in which Korra did it

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@arcus: iirc it showed her memories, connecting her to the astral self. The part shown when she transforms was already shown for aang. I'll post the pics tomorrow if you want.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: no I remember that. Just saying it's not completely clear how much of a role the tree played in her giant form, but since we have no reason to think that it could be done without the tree and harmonic convergence I don't see how we can think Aang could do it here

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@arcus: based on what I remember, tree connected her with her astral self, which proceeds to form the giant form. If you remember the clip, you may the resemblance is too much to be ignored. I don't recall tree of time playing any role in it after the connection.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: how do we know the tree didn't help form the giant form? Aang didn't form a giant form when he connected with his spiritual self

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UnaVaatu stomps.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@princearagorn1: how do we know the tree didn't help form the giant form? Aang didn't form a giant form when he connected with his spiritual self

We've never seen Aang use the avatar state when he is in control. Aangs use throughout the series and Korras at the end of book 3 are examples of use without control, fully realized avatars will normally only use the state for brief flashes so as not to risk it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: what does that have to do with summoning a giant spirit self?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hmm. The popular opinion is that Unavaatu stomps. However, one lesson I learned from DBZ is that strength and power are meaningless if your opponent has any kind of speed advantage over you. Aang, in the sphere, could move at super sonic speeds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@gxrevolution96: That's all well and good, but how is Aang going to harm Unavaatu with just the elements?

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

what does that have to do with summoning a giant spirit self?

Aang hadn't fully connected with his spiritual self. The avatar state was still in control of his actions.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

Aang was in control enough to stop himself from killing Ozai, and he used it again after the fight to put out the fires

How do we know that any avatar, or just anyone connected with their spiritual self, could summon a giant form? Because it seems like they might have mentioned that. Why did Korra need the tree?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang cus...

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

Aang was in control enough to stop himself from killing Ozai, and he used it again after the fight to put out the fires

That's when he gained control, up until that point he wasn't in control, he was about to strike Ozai dead which would be horribly out of character if he was in control.

How do we know that any avatar, or just anyone connected with their spiritual self, could summon a giant form? Because it seems like they might have mentioned that. Why did Korra need the tree?

Not sure, seemed like a last minute plot device to me. All I know for certain is it's based on energybending so at the very least you need to be able to do that.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unavaatu for the win.

Korraspirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Aang that fought Ozai curbstomps

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

Do you hear yourself? Are you actually implying that any avatar could do that if they wanted to? Does that make any sense to you? Aang never showed that level of energy bending. And he never will.

Unavaatu rapes and proceeds to solo all of ATLA.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh I think aang mite win.

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

He literally has no shot. Unavaatu would trash him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

No he doesn't. He gets obliterated by an energy blast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@electrick: too bad that thing is slow as heck to do, and aang in avatar form dodges plenty of that stuff.

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

Slow? Did you see how far it was traveling PAST President Raiko's airship? LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That doesn't change the fact that it is still slow... lol

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Electrick

@killerwasp:

How? It even passed the entire length of a few mountains and most if not all of republic city after blasting Korra. That's faster than anything Aang has ever faced. GG Aang.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@electrick: Lets see here,

Loading Video...

&

Loading Video...

^ aang could do the same, AND

Loading Video...

Even Wan defeated Vaatu without any past lives, in fact both did basically without pass lives and still beat him well at least vaatu, but still. In the end, he was defeated. Aang has a shot.

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wat da hell did this man just show me lol.

Aang can't do the same. He never showed the ability to do that. In fact no avatar other than Korra has. Adding to the fact he has no tree of time or the luxury to sit down and meditate.

Unavaatu and Vaatu are on completely different levels it not even funny so that was a terrible comparison.

Unavaatu curbs with the fastest and strongest attack in the series.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@electrick: Watch ur language, and ik what im talking about, also yes where u think Korra learned her stuff? Mhhh? too bad aang gave korra back her bending as well, and can take away bending as well... Plus nice avoiding again the slow laser. Furthermore "LOLOLOL WHAT IS THIS GUY TALK ABOUT PEOPLE?".... Sigh people these days have no respect for debating...

Loading Video...

^ Mhh looks similar or the same thing as korra did...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wat da hell did this man just show me lol.

Aang can't do the same. He never showed the ability to do that. In fact no avatar other than Korra has. Adding to the fact he has no tree of time or the luxury to sit down and meditate.

Unavaatu and Vaatu are on completely different levels it not even funny so that was a terrible comparison.

Unavaatu curbs with the fastest and strongest attack in the series.

Thats kinda funny, considering his energy beam lost to korras.. But thats none of my business.

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Electrick

@killerwasp:

I wasn't trying to be rude. I apologize if it came across that way.

I have no idea what point your trying to make about where Korra learned her stuff. That made no sense. Neither was Aang taking away people's bending a factor knowing that won't stop him from being vaporized.

The same laser that instantly crossed the length of a mountain range and city. Try again. My turn. Why are you avoiding slow Aang?

Except the blue astral projection and magical tree lol.

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

Which still makes it leagues above Aang lol. He gets vaporized.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@electrick: "I wasn't trying to be rude. I apologize if it came across that way." <-- fair enough

"I have no idea what point your trying to make about where Korra learned her stuff. That made no sense. Neither was Aang taking away people's bending a factor knowing that won't stop him from being vaporized." <-- considering we never saw it being used, only on metal technically speaking it wouldnt do so, plus aang as always tends to avoid attacks especially those he doesn't necessary know about. My point was he has shown to be able to take bending away, Just like korra did to unavaatu i feel he could possibly do the same thing considering he will have all the past lives with him in this fight including avatar wan. Also korra's punches hurt him as well, and above all to add to this aang has prep, so i feel he could counter this and learn what unavaatu can do as well.

"The same laser that instantly crossed the length of a mountain range and city. Try again. My turn. Why are you avoiding slow Aang?" <-- im talking about the form of it being launched or the bending with it. It's very noticeable. Also Aang is not slow, as well as shown here. He moves quite fast...

Loading Video...

Does this really look slow to u? ^

"Which still makes it leagues above Aang lol. He gets vaporized." <-- im sorry what makes him above aang? I'm confused? ( just curious not insulting ).

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

Korra didn't energy bend him though. She spirit bended him. Aang and no past avatar knows how to do that since Unalaq invented it.

Unavaatu doesn't have to do that formation thingy. As shown when he restrained Korra at the mountain he just stood perfectly straight and the laser came out anyway.

Aang's feats while good in AS are not nearly as fast as instantly crossing a city the size of republic city no less. Even in that vid you can see he can't cover large distances that fast just look at his speed as he travels through that field of rock columns.

A lot of things. I mean he is a gigantic energy who laid waste to the most advanced city in the series(though Zaofu might beat it out) and he is indestructible unless spirit bended.

Gonna sleep now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Korra didn't energy bend him though. She spirit bended him. Aang and no past avatar knows how to do that since Unalaq invented it." <-- to end him, but it can not be proved or disproved that he could do it.

"Unavaatu doesn't have to do that formation thingy. As shown when he restrained Korra at the mountain he just stood perfectly straight and the laser came out anyway." <-- ur right, but up until then he still did it.

"Aang's feats while good in AS are not nearly as fast as instantly crossing a city the size of republic city no less. Even in that vid you can see he can't cover large distances that fast just look at his speed as he travels through that field of rock columns." <-- he doesn't need to, hes a small target that moves fast overall. I doubt he could hit him.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@princearagorn1:

Do you hear yourself? Are you actually implying that any avatar could do that if they wanted to? Does that make any sense to you? Aang never showed that level of energy bending. And he never will.

Yes, I'm implying any avatar can do it if they wanted to:

This is what she did before she performed the astral projection:

Loading Video...

Aang has already displayed that level of spiritual awareness:

more than once

Unavaatu rapes and proceeds to solo all of ATLA.

Not even in his wildest dreams. He was getting solo'd by korra. Aang >> korra solo.

Electrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Electrick

@killerwasp:

He couldn't it's a technique invented by Unalaq. End of story.

Well I just showed you he doesn't have to so he has the element of surprise along with such a fast and powerful attack.

His pseed is still nothing compared to the energy beams speed. Unavaatu himself was able to perceive Korra as she traveled as massively hypersonic speeds+ to get to the battlefield. And seeing wouldn't matter as Vaatu's connection with Raava within Aang will allow him to always know where he is.

@Prince aragron or whatever

What you just said is extremely flawed. While they(and every avatar) can connect to their cosmic self that doesn't mean they can apply it on the same level. Is that not why you believe Aang>>>Korra because his feats are so much better even in the AS? Therefore saying Aang can go to the point of creating an astral projection is nothing but speculation cuz Korra can easily be shown as being the superior user of cosmic energies which is why she could do that and not him.

Or you can just accept that the tree played a vital role and can't be replicated outside of it.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

@princearagorn1: UnaVaatu rapes. He has relativistic speed teleportation, can rip Raava out of Aang, has indestructible spirit vines, waterbending comparable to Koizilla, and can destroy Aang's spirit. Korra would've stood no chance had it not been for Tree of Time ex Machina allowing her to channel cosmic energy and turn into her Astral Form. She was still losing had it not been for Jinora ex Machina showing her Raava and her knowledge of the spirit bending technique (which Aang doesn't have). UnaVaatu was also casually brushing off the United Forces' barrage of huge fire blasts, which AS Aang without Sozin's Comet has not done anything comparable to.

He gets one-shotted by a spirit energy beam.

Also, it was mentioned that UnaVaatu would destroy the planet, which I take to mean he is a life wiper. In short, still the strongest character in the series.