#1 Posted by Picallo3798 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Artemis Entreri (Legendary Forgotten Realms Assassin)

VS

Batman (no intro needed)

Synopsis:

Fed up with Batmans interference the local Crime bosses have hired on a legendary Assassin to take out the dark knight.

Gear: Artemis has a standard sword and dagger with standard enchantments (Armor, such as bat cuffs, not a problem), along with his belt knife and polymorph cloak. (allows him to turn into a bat, the irony)

Batman has Bata-rangs (with homing), grapple gun, and smoke grenades (gotta limit the tech to avoid curbstomp)

All other skills apply, no outside help, no BFR, Morals off. Current versions of both characters.

Round 1: Artemis gets the drop on Bruce.

Round 2: Bruce gets the drop.

Round 3: no advantage to either.

All rounds take place on a standard rooftop with places aplenty to hide and/or stealth. Fight not limited to remain on rooftop.

Who wins and why?

#2 Edited by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's see... Artemis is deadly, in the books he kills groups! of assassins with extreme facility, and he never gets sneaked behind without knowing it.

In therms of skill he should be equal to Batman, sure Batman is more versatile and would win h2h only, but this is not the case.

In the books, dark elves stated that no human is a match for them in terms of skill, but Entreri could compete. They also said that IF Artemis woud be born as a Drow, even Drizzt Do'Urden wouldn't stand a chance against him.

IMO Entreri would win all rounds... having a sword is his biggest advantage.

Batman has gadgets, but Entreri has faced enemies with magical items much more powerful than smoke grenades...

#3 Posted by Picallo3798 (215 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345 said:

Let's see... Artemis is deadly, in the books he kills groups! of assassins with extreme facility, and he never gets sneaked behind without knowing it.

He's a human, and he has gotten sneaked up on. He almost died instantly when Dhalia came at him from above, only the dent in the ground alerted him to dodge not any sound she made. On top of that he didnt even hear her make the move to get into the tree either. Batman easily has comparable stealth feats.

@name12345 said:

In therms of skill he should be equal to Batman, sure Batman is more versatile and would win h2h only, but this is not the case.

Im not sure I totally agree as learning mastering 1 skill (swordsmanship) does not = mastering 200 styles of martial arts.

@name12345 said:

In the books, dark elves stated that no human is a match for them in terms of skill, but Entreri could compete. They also said that IF Artemis woud be born as a Drow, even Drittz Do'Urden wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Thats great. He's still a human not a Drow.

@name12345 said:

IMO Entreri would win all rounds... having a sword is his biggest advantage.

Batman has gadgets, but Entreri has faced enemies with magical items much more powerful than smoke grenades...

I dont believe the swords are as big of an advantage as you may think. Batman has fought all kinds of armed foes with weapons and has won. I took away alot of Batmans tech to avoid this being a stomp for batman. Batman has enhancements to his sight, hearing, and has his suit which is tricked out beyond belief. Current entreri doesnt even have an enchanted weapon and wouldnt even be able to hurt Batman easily as his cuffs can break weapons. The smoke and Batarangs dont equal a win but they can be used for distraction and once batman gets into Melee range he's got 200 styles to choose from. Thats nothing to sneeze at. I see this going either way depending on some environmental factors. I see the first rounds going to the ones who get the drop.

#4 Edited by name12345 (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picallo3798 said:

He's a human, and he has gotten sneaked up on. He almost died instantly when Dhalia came at him from above, only the dent in the ground alerted him to dodge not any sound she made. On top of that he didnt even hear her make the move to get into the tree either. Batman easily has comparable stealth feats.

Dahlia is not human, and Entreri still managed to notice her!!! Batman seems a master at sneaking because he lives in this age, but any assassin from the world of Entreri would be near his level. No human could sneak behind Entreri and Batman is still a human.

@Picallo3798 said:

Im not sure I totally agree as learning mastering 1 skill (swordsmanship) does not = mastering 200 styles of martial arts.

1) You don't know how many sword styles Artemis Entreri knows

2) I could know 10000 style it does not matter... because in a fight i'm going to use 1 at a time!! It only matter how good you are in that style you are going to use.

@Picallo3798 said:

Thats great. He's still a human not a Drow.

My point was that his skill is almost above the "human level"... he's not your typical skilled fighter, he's way above that level.

Even the Drows who, you should know, are a really proud and grumpy race admitted their inferiority to Entreri... he should be like a monster for that confession!! probably even better than Batman.

@Picallo3798 said:

I dont believe the swords are as big of an advantage as you may think. Batman has fought all kinds of armed foes with weapons and has won. I took away alot of Batmans tech to avoid this being a stomp for batman. Batman has enhancements to his sight, hearing, and has his suit which is tricked out beyond belief. Current entreri doesnt even have an enchanted weapon and wouldnt even be able to hurt Batman easily as his cuffs can break weapons. The smoke and Batarangs dont equal a win but they can be used for distraction and once batman gets into Melee range he's got 200 styles to choose from. Thats nothing to sneeze at. I see this going either way depending on some environmental factors. I see the first rounds going to the ones who get the drop.

Nope, i strongly disagree... swords are a huge advantage!!

As a matter of fact, having a deadly weapon is a huge advatage. Can you immagine what would happen if, during a brawl, one of the 2 fighters would pull out a knife?

Sure, Batman is so good that he doesn't need weapons... but that doesn't change the fact that they are a really huge advantage, especially if you are considered the most skilled human ever seen in using them, like Entreri is.

#5 Posted by carlotristanperez (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Entreri was hired to take out the Batman. So round 2 and 3 is out. Entreri wont engage if he doesnt have the upperhand against his mark. Being hired, this also means prep time. And if Artemis Entreri has that, even fully geared Batman is dead. But this doesnt mean Entreri is the better fighter. if Batman survives the first few moments Batman will win or Artemis runs away. Batman wins straight up fight. Artemis wins if he Ambush Batman. But lets face it, who assassinates in a straight up fight??

#6 Edited by IRS (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins all three rounds due to environmental advantage. This fight is starting in Gotham city, a modern city, on the rooftops but is not confined to a certain area. Eneteri has never been in a city even half that size, much less a modern city, while batman knows the entire place like the back of his hand.

I'd say transport both to a neutral ground.

#8 Edited by Alurvelve (3641 posts) - - Show Bio

If standard equipment means Charon's Claw for Artemis then this makes it an extremely deadly fight for Batman. This would give Artemis two weapons that even the slightest nick could prove fatal. Oh and his cloak does not turn him into a bat, the cloak/cape itself turns into bat-like wings which allow him to fly/glide for short durations.

Batman's armor (yes even his gloves) are not going to hold up against Entreri's two heavily enchanted weapons. Give Artemis just normal equipment instead of magical and I can see Batman taking the majority. But by no means does that say Artemis won't be putting up a good fight. It would essentially be fighting a tougher and more skilled Ra's. Artemis having access to all of his goodies tips the scales in his favor.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Charon%27s_claw