Who wins and why?

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I love arsenal but deadpool is stomping him here.

donttellmymom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Even without healing factor I think deadpool can win

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4 god_spawn  Moderator

Does Roy even have any prep feats? None that I know of that can match Deadpool. Not to mention Wade is just an all around better fighter on top of it.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Roy with prep destroyed a really large rock that was housing a Lazarus Pit. that's the only prep feat that I remember.

P 52 Roy beat deathstroke in titans volume 2 iirc.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roy Harper in a close one.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: explain

there's nothing Roy can do to deadpool that wade won't regenerate from

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstrokesrevenge: oops.

Still, deadpool is more durable, more skilled, stronger, and faster. He takes it easy.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@thenewbluebeetle007:

Do you remember the context behind the Arsenal vs Deathstroke fight? Because I remember Slade beating Roy pretty badly on a couple of occasions. Once when he was mocking Roy and saying how he has beaten Nightwing and Roy isn't Nightwing. And another fight when Slade was in a Batman suit and he ended up letting Roy get a few hits in but only to read his tells in a fight and then proceeded to cut his body up, fracture his ribs, ankle. Then he knocked him out, had his sword to his throat but then just left.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eisenfauste
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: sorry, but I don't. I was just looking that volume over recently for Donna Troy feats for a respect thread that I made, didn't really look into context :P I remember Roy was bloodlusted and "knew what he was fighting for" or whatever.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 god_spawn  Moderator

@thenewbluebeetle007: Well if you ever remember it or get a chance to check it over, let me know lol.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool stomps.

Literally superior in every way.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

Do you remember the context behind the Arsenal vs Deathstroke fight? Because I remember Slade beating Roy pretty badly on a couple of occasions. Once when he was mocking Roy and saying how he has beaten Nightwing and Roy isn't Nightwing. And another fight when Slade was in a Batman suit and he ended up letting Roy get a few hits in but only to read his tells in a fight and then proceeded to cut his body up, fracture his ribs, ankle. Then he knocked him out, had his sword to his throat but then just left.

They had 2 fights during titans IIRC. The first fight Roy and Cheshire double teamed Slade and cheap shotted him; taking him down, the second was this:

The same writer also had killer croc stalemate Osiris.....and this is the same titans run where bat-dick also fought Slade as well. I would say that the writing in the book is pretty wonky and the writer pretty much resused the idea here he used with bat-dick where he implies Roy has grown. Here Slade says Roy is more focused whereas with Bat-Dick it was Grayson fighting dirty, and learning some new tricks.

I think Wallace likes to try and show former side kicks growth by using deathstroke as a measuring stick. It kind of backfires though because the writing in this book is really ridiculous so it loses credibility.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: That puts things into better perspective. Thanks, Jash.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: lol at Croc stalemating Osiris.

And the writer had some pretty good moments though. Isis making Osiris her b*tch was awesome. But yeah, probably WIS.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Deadpool stomps.

Literally superior in every way.

Yeah, Wade is a better archer.........

Does Roy even have any prep feats? None that I know of that can match Deadpool. Not to mention Wade is just an all around better fighter on top of it.

In the New 52, he built a gun that broke the magic barrier to Ra's Al Ghul's secret city. Then went on a rampage in the city trying to free Jason. He had a ridiculous amount of guns, a forcefield, and an army of drones.

He has an electric arrow capable of one shotting Mr. Freeze, and Deadpool went down twice to electricity in Hawkeye vs Deadpool IIRC. And he has a gas arrow has had the potential of dropping Superman.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@allstarsuperman: He's a better marksman, at the very least.

Roy's archery was never on par with Ollie.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ollie has directly said that Roy beat him fair and square in an archery contest.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Ollie has directly said that Roy beat him fair and square in an archery contest.

And that is literally the only showing Roy has ever had that puts him anywhere near Ollie.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:
@jmarshmallow said:

And that is literally the only showing Roy has ever had that puts him anywhere near Ollie.

If Roy is supposed to be a better archer than he's a better archer. People put too much emphasis on feats and not actual capabilities. Whether or not the idea of Roy being a better archer than Oliver is a consistent fact in the comics now, that's a whole different thing.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang respect for arsenal. With several days prep something interesting could happen.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:
@allstarsuperman said:
@jmarshmallow said:

If Roy is supposed to be a better archer than he's a better archer. People put too much emphasis on feats and not actual capabilities. Whether or not the idea of Roy being a better archer than Oliver is a consistent fact in the comics now, that's a whole different thing.

There's got to be a fine line to that, or else Odin is omnipotent, Juggernaut can't be stopped, and Hulk is the strongest being in existence.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, take Arrow for example. Ra's only feat was beating Arrow. Yet Arrow actually has the feats. So is Ra's not actually that good cause he doesn't have the feats of his own?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:
@jmarshmallow said:
@allstarsuperman said:
@jmarshmallow said:

There's got to be a fine line to that, or else Odin is omnipotent, Juggernaut can't be stopped, and Hulk is the strongest being in existence.

Well he did manage to tag Slade with broken glass to Slades surprise. Using broken glass as a weapon is a feat in itself, but tagging someone like deathstroke is even better. Granted Slade wasn't entirely serious but Slade toying around with Oliver couldn't touch Slade either:

No Caption Provided

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:
@jmarshmallow said:
@allstarsuperman said:
@jmarshmallow said:

I'm not talking about statements, I'm talking about capabilities. There is a fine line and it is hard to judge, some things are up to opinion, but in this case going by what allstar is describing, which is Roy beating Oliver in an archery contest and then Oliver coming over and saying Roy must be a better archer than him, it sounds more like a statement of fact than anything else.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow said:

Okay, take Arrow for example. Ra's only feat was beating Arrow. Yet Arrow actually has the feats. So is Ra's not actually that good cause he doesn't have the feats of his own?

The difference there being that Ra's has only one feat, and it's beating Ollie. So, since that one feat is all we have to go off of, it's consistent with his character that he's superior to Ollie.

Roy, on the other hand, has a very consistent history of notbeing superior to Ollie. So the one showing where, IIRC, he manages to be a faster shot than Ollie based off a statement, would be inconsistent with his character.

Different circumstances I'm afraid.

@jashro44 said:
@jmarshmallow said:
@nickzambuto said:
@jmarshmallow said:
@allstarsuperman said:
@jmarshmallow said:

Well he did manage to tag Slade with broken glass to Slades surprise. Using broken glass as a weapon is a feat in itself, but tagging someone like deathstroke is even better. Granted Slade wasn't entirely serious but Slade toying around with Oliver couldn't touch Slade either:

To be totally fair, tagging Slade with a handful of glass from like two feet away is hardly an impressive showing, especially since the attack did literally nothing. Really, you don't need to be a super capable marksman to tag someone, even if that someone is Slade, from such a close distance when you literally have like 10 projectiles to throw at him. One of them was bound to hit him, and it didn't even do any damage.

I'm not talking about statements, I'm talking about capabilities. There is a fine line and it is hard to judge, some things are up to opinion, but in this case going by what allstar is describing, which is Roy beating Oliver in an archery contest and then Oliver coming over and saying Roy must be a better archer than him, it sounds more like a statement of fact than anything else.

IIRC, he didn't actually "beat" Oliver in an archery contest. He just shot his arrow faster than Oliver expected him to and Oliver commented that he might be a better archer.

It's not like they had a head to head competition as far as I remember.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

IIRC, he didn't actually "beat" Oliver in an archery contest. He just shot his arrow faster than Oliver expected him to and Oliver commented that he might be a better archer.

It's not like they had a head to head competition as far as I remember.

Then that context completely changes things. Roy has always been faster than Oliver, that's the exact reason why they call him Speedy. But that doesn't make him more accurate, or any of the other dozen factors that go into making a good archer. This just means Roy is better at one, specific thing.

@allstarsuperman Just try and mention the exact context next time.

AbramDaAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AbramDaAwesome

Deadpool wins

P.s. Deadpool is a better archer, remember the hulk hand arrow?

Remy_Geneva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is more skilled, so even without a healing factor he will still win.

TheFallenS0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheFallenS0n

um...roy definitely has prep feats

No Caption Provided

his whole name in new 52 is cuz he makes weaponry. like...great weaponry

No Caption Provided

He also does robotics

with some resources, he's pretty handy with prep time

No Caption Provided

with access to q-core, he's got plenty of tools to not make this the hands-down fight some people may think it is. not to mention, q-core has green arrow's trick arrows available as well

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: In regards to the glass doing no damage that was because of his armour. And yes they were close but that didn't stop Roy from dodging Slades blast staff.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I'm fairly sure I said the context right. I think J is wrong......

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

What in the holy hell is this?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: The point being tagging someone in the chest with a handful of projectiles from two feet away isn't a great feat.

And how does dodging Slade's blast come into play? I thought we were debating marksmanship....

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By MasterKungFu

wade

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jmarshmallow

@allstarsuperman: Coulda sworn Ollie was just hosting the contest. He wasn't actually going head to head against Roy from what I remember. But I could still very well be wrong.

But if you happen to have the feat in question, that would be supertastic!

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: The point being tagging someone in the chest with a handful of projectiles from two feet away isn't a great feat.

And how does dodging Slade's blast come into play? I thought we were debating marksmanship....

My point is that despite the distance Roy could still dodge Slades shots but Roy still tagged Slade and I think we can agree that Slade is a lot faster and more agile than Roy so logically Roy would have to make up for it with accuracy. So its not like them being close is the only reason Roy tagged Slade.