Arrowette vs. Speedy

Teen Manatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Teen Manatee

Cissie King-Jones of Young Justice (Let's just say that she went out of retirement for this fight) vs. Mia Dearden, the new Speedy.

Howler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Howler

I know speedy, so I pick speedy..

Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cats

Bump 

And i'm going with Mia.

Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By teamextrodinary15

How good are their fighting skills
Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cats
@teamextrodinary15 said:

" How good are their fighting skills "

I don't know about cissie's fighting skills, but I do no that she was the top gymnast in her school, and that the tournaments she was winning was funding her school. So she's probably more agile than mia. But I believe mia's the better shot between the two.
Avatar image for teamextrodinary15
teamextrodinary15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By teamextrodinary15
@Cats said:
" @teamextrodinary15 said:
" How good are their fighting skills "
I don't know about cissie's fighting skills, but I do no that she was the top gymnast in her school, and that the tournaments she was winning was funding her schools. So she's probably more agile than mia. But I believe mia's the better shot between the two. "

Then im goin to go with Speedy
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By Zoom

Arrowette stomp. 

She won the olympic gold metal before Mia had ever picked up a bow, beating Artemis Crock aka Tigress (daughter of Huntress and Sportsmaster) and Turk (Merlyn's sidekick) with ease.    

She could shoot six arrows at the same time and hit bullseyes with all of them, again, before Mia had ever picked up a bow.  Anyone saying Speedy is a better archer than Arrowette has no clue what they're talking about. 

Arrowette is also quite the gymnast.  Mia was stated to have trained in hand to hand but her only feat was getting beat on by Drakon. 

Mia would never get close to Cissie and even if she did, I'm not so sure she could take her up close. 

And then there's the fact that Cissie has damn near metahuman vision and was more accurate at three years old with weapons she had never used before than Mia is with a bow now. 

Like I said.  Arrowette.  Stomp.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By charlieboy

arrowette is definitely the better archer.
goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By goldenshot80

I guess im going to go with everybody. Arrowette wins

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zoom
@goldenshot80 said:
"I guess im going to go with the person who knows what he's talking about, not Cats. Arrowette wins "

Fixed it for you.
charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11  Edited By charlieboy
@Zoom:
nice yj scans. that was such a great series.
Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cats

Lol, nice scans. I admit I don't know much about arrowette, (I got most of my info from her from tt comics), I didn't even know she had meta like abilities. I still think Mia has better training, and is overall a much better character, but I guess ill concede defeat, and admit that cissie wins. 

(P.S Arrowette is still a stupid name :) )

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zoom
@Cats said:

"I still think Mia has better training, and is overall a much better character"

She hasn't and she's not.  (I own all appearances of both characters and Mark Waid and Peter David are far better writers than Judd Winnick.)

Stop talking about things you don't know about.  It makes you look like a moron.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Zoom:  Good post
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zoom

I kinda want to make a serious arguement for Arrowette being a better character. 

I kinda want to provide scans of Arrowette's defining moments and show why she was an awesome and unique character. 

Then I want to try to do the same for Speedy and show that the only things she's got going for her are her joke that Oliver Queen is obviously Green Arrow and being a token aids awareness platform.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Zoom said:
" I kinda want to make a serious arguement for Arrowette being a better character.   I kinda want to provide scans of Arrowette's defining moments and show why she was an awesome and unique character.  Then I want to try to do the same for Speedy and show that the only things she's got going for her are her joke that Oliver Queen is obviously Green Arrow and being a token aids awareness platform. "
When I saw this thread I thought they were referring to Roy Harper, then I was surprised when you were defending Arrowette.  
I've only read about her in Young Justice so my knowledge of the character is limited. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Zoom:
Ah but theres one problem,jones has been retired for a while,while mia has been in action .
Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

I think since Cissie is coming out of retirement for this that Mia takes it,because of the fact that she is fresh and ready and has been out there doing this while Cissie is sitting at home doing nothing and not training.(Most likely.).Though i think if Cissie hasnt been retired and she has been fighting crime during this time she takes it.But out of retirement Cissie Vs. Mia,Mia wins.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Zoom
@entropy_aegis said:

"@Zoom: Ah but theres one problem,jones has been retired for a while,while mia has been in action . "

So? Chronologically, she quit being a superhero like...a year ago and has had several adventures since.

@TheSavageAssasin said:

"I think since Cissie is coming out of retirement for this that Mia takes it,because of the fact that she is fresh and ready and has been out there doing this while Cissie is sitting at home doing nothing and not training.(Most likely.).Though i think if Cissie hasnt been retired and she has been fighting crime during this time she takes it.But out of retirement Cissie Vs. Mia,Mia wins. "

Ridiculous.  Arrowette was more accurate at age 3 with zero training than Mia is now. 

And what training exactly has Mia had?  A bit of off panel training with Green Arrow?  Psh.  It's a plot point that Arrowette trains all the freaking time.  She's an olympic gold medalist.  She didn't just forget her skills because she isn't wearing a mask anymore.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

Arrowete wins then i honestly can't think of a single argument in mia's favour  ,and when is arroette coming out of retirement ?