Arrow (Season 2) vs Captain America (Winter Soldier)

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@erik said:

@sachmoo: Jesus. They fight slow enough to have a nap and a meal inbetween strikes.

The arrow dodging was spectacularly lackluster

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@wolverine08: LOL, Arrow falls out from exhaustion after fighting some throw away villain Mr. Blank

Loading Video...

@frozen: Ehh, different strokes.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@erik Yeah dude, I feel you! It's not even coming out in cinemas where I live! Completely unfair!

@frozen Lolwut!?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@slimj87d: I actually think those tesseract weapons were slower than bullets - they seemed sluggish by comparison.

I just wanted to address this. No, if we went by that logic then the laser beams in Star Wars space ships appear slower than bullets. The director & special effects guys have to let the viewer see the laser or plasma beam. If they tried using the real logic of how fast the beam is moving, viewers would see nothing. They would see people pointing weapons, firing, and then someone mysteriously falling down. For space battles you would just hear the beam & see a space ship blowing up, but never ever see anything hit it. It would very confusing.

Loading Video...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@erik: Do people EVEN get the point of Arrow? It's a about a NOOB Superhero. Arrow is only in SEASON 2. He actually fails in Season 1 as the Earthquake Machine kills 100's of people. Cap is fighting a God, Aliens, and Hydra. Arrow struggles in a fight against a fake version of Brother Blood.

If Cap were a tv show, he would already be in Season 6 or 7.

This exactly. I love Arrow honestly, but where the show excels is letting him fail in order to further him as a character. He has a long ways to go. Cap humiliates him.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#306 frozen  Moderator

@lukehero: Right, no. That is not what I implied - it's already been addressed but my initial interpretation was simply comparing tesseract guns to human firearms as that comparison was somewhat easier to make in comparison to Star Wars.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reiterate: In the two or so years between Avengers and Winter Soldier, do you honestly think Cap hasn't trained, sparred, and performed missions together with Hawkeye? I'm pretty sure he's got a solid game plan for dealing with arrows, trick or otherwise.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Alright, I was just checking.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@wolverine08: LOL, Arrow falls out from exhaustion after fighting some throw away villain Mr. Blank

Actually meant to be the Arrowverse take on Onomatopoeia.

And on topic? Cap still decimates Oliver.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Does not matter, he(Onomatopoeia) was used as a throwaway villain. So in the context it stands. Just like Barrera he doesn't stand within an inch of what he is in the comics. In the comics Onomatopoeia kills several superheroes, in the show he struggles to kill freaking Laurel.

Point is mute as Cap still stomps.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: When you said throwaway, I was taking it to mean just some random nobody type who has never been seen before.

As in he was just Assassin number 3 or some such.

Sadly he was underwhelming.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By mickey-mouse

@risingbean: In the show he is a throwaway. In the comics he is a badass that kills Deadshot, and even tricks Batman into letting him into the Batcave.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: He also nearly killed Connor Hawke and had a great showdown with Ollie. Those memories of a badass villain are going to make me cry.

Just like Ollie will be crying in the hospital after this fight!

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By mickey-mouse
Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

winter soldier solos

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By RisingBean

winter soldier solos

And he ain't even in this fight! Goes to show how much a badass Buck is!

Avatar image for thesacredonewithin
TheSacredOneWithin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesacredonewithin: It's all good. I'm just making jokes.

I think the correct answer for this test is "Cap wins."

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Just wondering....has anyone made a Winter Soldier (Bucky) vs. Slade thread?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

I would wait until Arrow's Deathstroke actually has some feats that show he can hang with WS

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lunacyde said:

There have been a couple of those.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Shawnbaby

@erik said:

@godzilla44 said:

@slimj87d said:

@godzilla44: Why does he need to catch the arrow when he has a large shield that can cover 50% of his body's size?

Again, it's not like he hasn't reacted and blocked to alien gunfire coming from multiple directions, why is a 100 to 200 MPH arrow such a threat?

He doesn't need to catch he just needs to react to it to block it. His ankles always look like a vulnerable spot for me :)

Then you didn't watch the new movie, where he puts his whole body snugly behind the shield while being shot at. Also, Arrow has absolutely no answer for a shield to the face, which Cap has the accuracy feats to easily pull off.

Ok while he's snugly behind his shield Ollie will shoot his explosive arrow at him

Also he does have an answer to that he dodges arrows all the time

Cap's Shield has protected him from explosions as well as a hit from Mjolnir that devastated the surrounding trees.

Ollie's explosive arrow is meaningless.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly perplexed as to why people are still debating this.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#324  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Cap stomps. His agility, strength, and speed are to a degree that Arrow shouldn't even be able to tag him. That's not even taking into consideration the shield.

Steve stomps.

Avatar image for sanageyama_of_the_heavens_eye
Sanageyama_of_the_heavens_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Green Arrow and the show iself, I'm thinking Cap. He's just physically stronger, although Ollie's H2H feats in show include moves from MA such as Brazilian Jujitsu, which I ind impressive. There fore Round 1, Cap 6/10, Round 2 Cap 7/10, Round 3 Cap 7/10

I am, however, curious as to how the writers of Arrow plan to kill Slade. I mean... let's be honest nobody on team Arrow comes close to Deathstroke.... especially with Years of Prep

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

As much as I love Green Arrow and the show iself, I'm thinking Cap. He's just physically stronger, although Ollie's H2H feats in show include moves from MA such as Brazilian Jujitsu, which I ind impressive. There fore Round 1, Cap 6/10, Round 2 Cap 7/10, Round 3 Cap 7/10

I am, however, curious as to how the writers of Arrow plan to kill Slade. I mean... let's be honest nobody on team Arrow comes close to Deathstroke.... especially with Years of Prep

They won't kill him. Ollie will defeat him and he'll be kept in some high tech prison or something.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde said:

I would wait until Arrow's Deathstroke actually has some feats that show he can hang with WS

He has superior durability/healing already. Everything else WS has an edge on so far IMO.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@lunacyde Are you wondering about WS vs Slade because you think it'd be a more balanced fight than Cap vs Slade?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@wolverine08: I find the while thing pretty silly.

Ollie hasn't demonstrated any such feats that would put him anywhere close to Cap's level as shown in The Winter Soldier.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 Lunacyde  Moderator
Avatar image for thegodofthunder
TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who still thinks Ollie can keep up with Cap is delirious. All these clips show arrow fighting no where near as fast as cap. Skill MIGHT be comparable, but caps speed and insane strength advantage give him the stomp. To those saying that he couldn't dodge his arrows, cap dodged the shield ws threw at him which was going faster than an arrow due to ws's metal arm and was at only 10 feet away.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@lukehero said:

@erik: Do people EVEN get the point of Arrow? It's a about a NOOB Superhero. Arrow is only in SEASON 2. He actually fails in Season 1 as the Earthquake Machine kills 100's of people. Cap is fighting a God, Aliens, and Hydra. Arrow struggles in a fight against a fake version of Brother Blood.

If Cap were a tv show, he would already be in Season 6 or 7.

This exactly. I love Arrow honestly, but where the show excels is letting him fail in order to further him as a character. He has a long ways to go. Cap humiliates him.

Ehhh. Cap's man thing is the SSS. I don't see Arrow ever getting past him especially since the skill he displayed in Winter Soldier was on par/ better than Arrow. Even if they were both tv shows and at equal seasons, they wouldn't be equal.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Wolverine008
godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By godzilla44
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: He gets stomped by Cap but look on the bright side. He at least gets a job at Abercrombie and Fitch