Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nitric

I have to say Arkon-Namor.

Cause Arkon should be able to beat Ka-Zar one on one, and Namor should be able to beat Ares..

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida

Depends on the locale. If it's near water or on Arkon's homeworld, then team won curbstomps. If it's in the savage land, then Ka-Zar would at least last a little longer before getting beaten. If we can screw with their tempers, he might even be able to take one of them out. But team one will probably win it.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By the creator

If Arkon has his normal equipment, then Team 1 should win it.

If we focus on Arkon first, he has vast super human strength (presumably slightly higher than Thundra's so around 65+ tonnes), super human durability and endurance. His reaction and movement speed are above those of a peak human (equivalent to Thundra's).
He is a great warrior having been trained for battle from a young age and had a lot of actual battle experience.
His typical weapons, his thunderbolts, come in three different versions.  Each of them are shaped like a stylized lightning bolt, and are solid until they hit their target. At that point, the bolts convert to pure energy. They are each thrown like a short javelin and are carried in a quiver. His golden bolts are designed to open temporary portals between dimensions, permitting him access to alternate worlds. The specific nature of the energy that creates these dimensional rifts is not yet known. His scarlet bolts are weapons of destruction, creating a force equivalent to 10 pounds of TNT, sufficient to blast Thor off his feet. His black bolts (sometimes called D-Bolts) are his most powerful energy weapons, capable of exerting a force equivalent to 20 tons of TNT, sufficient power to shatter a medium-sized mountain.

Namor can hold off Ares while Arkon kills Ka-zar. Then the pair of them can double team Ares for the win.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"If Arkon has his normal equipment, then Team 1 should win it.

If we focus on Arkon first, he has vast super human strength (presumably slightly higher than Thundra's so around 65+ tonnes), super human durability and endurance. His reaction and movement speed are above those of a peak human (equivalent to Thundra's).
He is a great warrior having been trained for battle from a young age and had a lot of actual battle experience.
His typical weapons, his thunderbolts, come in three different versions.  Each of them are shaped like a stylized lightning bolt, and are solid until they hit their target. At that point, the bolts convert to pure energy. They are each thrown like a short javelin and are carried in a quiver. His golden bolts are designed to open temporary portals between dimensions, permitting him access to alternate worlds. The specific nature of the energy that creates these dimensional rifts is not yet known. His scarlet bolts are weapons of destruction, creating a force equivalent to 10 pounds of TNT, sufficient to blast Thor off his feet. His black bolts (sometimes called D-Bolts) are his most powerful energy weapons, capable of exerting a force equivalent to 20 tons of TNT, sufficient power to shatter a medium-sized mountain.

Namor can hold off Ares while Arkon kills Ka-zar. Then the pair of them can double team Ares for the win."
Agreed.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SeSAW
the creator said:
"If Arkon has his normal equipment, then Team 1 should win it.

Namor can hold off Ares while Arkon kills Ka-zar. Then the pair of them can double team Ares for the win."
Why does Akron and Namor have to double team Ares when Namor can beat him on his own, unless this is DC Ares Namor can almost win this battle buy himself.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King_Saturn
Arkon and Namor will handle there business here...
Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Logic Mark III

I think the location is very important here. Ka-Zar i dont really consider any kind of threat here but Ares is another kettle of fish. His Axes etc are made of adamantine [or whatever the really dense Olympian metal is called], combine this with his strength and he could very well decapitate/wound either character [Wolverine has plunged his claws into Namor before].

Ares reflexes are top notch [plucking a missile out of the air, arial combat against Pluto's hordes] his durability is great [getting hit by missiles with no ill affects whatsoever, taking blows from Hercules etc] and his tactics sound [figuring out how to beat Ultron defeating Pluto's army by himself]. I would give him a great chance even outnumbered.

Of course there is Namor's flight to overcome and i think Ares could do it  by either:

1.killing Arkon and using the thunderbolts against Namor, he is a master with the spear/javelin and a crack shot, he should be able to tag Namor.

2. Allowing himself to be grapled by Namor, if he seeks to throw him from a height or something, then using his close proximity to harm him.

3. Shoot/slash etc Namor's wings off.

Another thing to consider is that the Atlanteans are linked to Olympus as they revere Poseidon Ares uncle. So, especially seeing as how they have been involved in wars and such, it seems quite possible that Ares would know much about their tactics/physiology and exploit this. 

I am not saying he is assured victory but i think he has a very good chance against them. He is extremely well versed in the art of combat.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Logic Mark III

@Creator: The bolt stuff seems to be right from the ye olde Handbook entry i have for Arkon. However i dont think his strength is, from the fact you said presumably i assume you didnt get your data for his strength from a handbook, because its been measured as 2 tons in the ye olde entry i have.

So he could probably be overwhelmed verily easy by Ares a 70 tonner.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator
Logic Mark III said:
"@Creator: The bolt stuff seems to be right from the ye olde Handbook entry i have for Arkon. However i dont think his strength is, from the fact you said presumably i assume you didnt get your data for his strength from a handbook, because its been measured as 2 tons in the ye olde entry i have.

So he could probably be overwhelmed verily easy by Ares a 70 tonner."
Yes, his strength according to the older entries was around 2 tonnes but I recall that his strength was reported to be signigicantly higher in later versions as he was meant to be the male equivalent of Thundra. The pair have grappled before and Arkon looked to be at least equal in strength. As Thundra has the ability to lift 65 tonnes, that seems to support the higher figure.

Arkon could use a scarlet bolt to put Ares to the ground and then follow it up with a black bolt and I feel confident that the power of this bolt would KO Ares.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian

Ka-Zar is kinda out of his league here.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Logic Mark III

@Creator: Okay yeah cool if the dude is takling henchmo's fair dues. I dont know about the bolts knocking Ares out though, afterall he did fly an Avengers jet into Dooms castle purposely and came out fighting and he did get hit by several missiles i think when he tackled Hercules recently, also if i remember correctly Colossus didnt get knocked out when he was hit.

Also bear in mind that Ares does have excellent reflexes and failing that is an excellent shot [in his mini he shot off the police officers gun fingers with ease] he should be able to intercept them.

I still believe Ares could overcome these two, especially if he has a chance to evade and regroup due to terrain. Neither character is invulnerable enough i feel to not be hacked to death by adamantine blades and neither is as brilliant a combatant as he.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the creator
Logic Mark III said:
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeSAW

How can Ares overcome these 2 easy. Namor beat the Hulk before, Ares is not on his level really. Like I said Namor can pretty much solo this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
SeSAW said:
"How can Ares overcome these 2 easy. Namor beat the Hulk before, Ares is not on his level really. Like I said Namor can pretty much solo this."
Don't be ridiculous.Namor beating Hulk is PIS first of all and second of all if Ares can handle Hercules..what they hell is Namor going to do.Let's not forget Ares is the God of War a level 7 fighter.Namor isn't even a better fighter than Gambit.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SeSAW
Vance Astro said:
"SeSAW said:
"How can Ares overcome these 2 easy. Namor beat the Hulk before, Ares is not on his level really. Like I said Namor can pretty much solo this."
Don't be ridiculous.Namor beating Hulk is PIS first of all and second of all if Ares can handle Hercules..what they hell is Namor going to do.Let's not forget Ares is the God of War a level 7 fighter.Namor isn't even a better fighter than Gambit."
No it aint, Namor beat Hulk the firt time they fought underwater, hes givin Hulk some alright matches other than that as well. Yall underestimate Namors strngth durability, and speed, Arescan't take him solo, and I hope you don't think Ares can take Herc. The greek gods in DC are more powerful than the greek gods in Marvel.

caption
caption
This is close to Superman level stuff here
Whips on the FF
Whips on the FF

Namor is actually one of the strongest bricks on Marvel earth Ares don't stand a chance against him.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

So you show Namor...a class 100 beating a Sentinel? Something all class 100's can do..than a scan of him beating the F4..something that Daredevil,Wolverine and Black Panther has done?

terrible.
SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SeSAW
Vance Astro said:
"So you show Namor...a class 100 beating a Sentinel? Something all class 100's can do..than a scan of him beating the F4..something that Daredevil,Wolverine and Black Panther has done?
terrible.
"
Well I gonna make it real simple for you Vance.Yes that proves Namor is a class 100+ easy. What class is Ares?
Colt Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Colt Stampede
SeSAW said:
"Vance Astro said:
"So you show Namor...a class 100 beating a Sentinel? Something all class 100's can do..than a scan of him beating the F4..something that Daredevil,Wolverine and Black Panther has done?
terrible.
"
Well I gonna make it real simple for you Vance.Yes that proves Namor is a class 100+ easy. What class is Ares?"
Everyone knows Namor is class 100..Ares is Class 70.You don't need to make anything easy for me.Your giving me common knowledge information.I said in my post Namor is class 100.That doesn't mean he can just beat Ares.I'm not saying his team wins but Namor is not going to win solo.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By geraldthesloth

Arkon and Namor..Easy

Colt Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Colt Stampede

Arkon and Namor win but it won't be easy..at all.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SeSAW
Colt Stampede said:
"SeSAW said:
"Vance Astro said:
terrible.
"
Well I gonna make it real simple for you Vance.Yes that proves Namor is a class 100+ easy. What class is Ares?"
Everyone knows Namor is class 100..Ares is Class 70.You don't need to make anything easy for me.Your giving me common knowledge information.I said in my post Namor is class 100.That doesn't mean he can just beat Ares.I'm not saying his team wins but Namor is not going to win solo."

WTF I thought i was talking to Vance............. Ah maaaaan don't tell me YOU have another user name as well. WUZ UP with this stuff man.
Colt Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Colt Stampede
SeSAW said:
"Colt Stampede said:
"SeSAW said:
"Vance Astro said:
terrible.
"
Everyone knows Namor is class 100..Ares is Class 70.You don't need to make anything easy for me.Your giving me common knowledge information.I said in my post Namor is class 100.That doesn't mean he can just beat Ares.I'm not saying his team wins but Namor is not going to win solo."

WTF I thought i was talking to Vance............. Ah maaaaan don't tell me YOU have another user name as well. WUZ UP with this stuff man."
My usernames have nothing to do with this conversation.Don't worry about what i'm doing..worry about what i'm saying.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the creator
SeSAW said:

caption
caption
Whips on the FF
Whips on the FF

You clearly have no idea how powerful Superman or in this case Black Adam is when compared to these characters.
Performing the Sentinel lifting and smashing feat is nothing compared to Superman's feats or even Black Adam throwing a aircraft carrier hunders - thousands of miles in the World War 3 storyline.
The Sentinel shown I would does not weight more than 100 tonnes.
Compare this to lifting a aircraft carrier weighing 100,000 tonnes and then BA throwing it thousands of miles. This would require strength thousands of times greater than just the lifting strength to accomplish this. That puts BA's strength at a minimum in to the tens - hundreds of millions of tonnes range.

Superman performs feats (that we are shown due to greater number of appearances) far eclipse even this feat so how can the feat above even come close.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Huh?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If any one solo's here its Ares.

Namor has no protection against Ares axe. Ka-Zar is no slouch either he would keep either one busy for a while.

Team 2 wins.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Team 1

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Toratorn

Namor has already off-paneled Ares, effortlessly stopped his axe and was once beating the shit out of him with Wonder Man's body. From what I know of Ka-Zar, he is a non-factor. Namor solos. The only part of a match-up that can be debatable is Arkon vs Ares.