#1 Posted by CapedCrusader16 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has his usual gear and fight takes place on rooftops in New York.Who would win ?

#2 Posted by NeonGameWave (7992 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman with prep wins.

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3998 posts) - - Show Bio

ONE BATARANG LATER...

#4 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry: "Stupefy!"

*red bolt shoots out of wand*

*Batman rolls to the side, easily dodging the slow-moving bolt. Tosses batarang, hitting Harry in the face and shattering his glasses*

Harry:

*Batman tackles him, pins him down and punches him savagely in the back of the head*

Batman: "Snoogans."

#5 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkhamverse. Just too powerful.

#6 Posted by BlackWind (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

Rooftops? Uhm, what, Batman's in his zone. He can avoid bullets by aimdodging just fine, Harry's linear attacks will be dodged just the same and he'll get knocked the hell out.

#7 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham verse easy.

#8 Posted by lytet5 (65 posts) - - Show Bio

replace harry with a mediocre henchmen with an ak 47, you won't find a difference

Thanks for reading,

Captain Penis Hole

#9 Posted by ascenscion (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry has protego to protect against projectiles. Harry is quite appalling in the films and books, but if you switched him for an actually able wizard (say, for argument's sake, shacklebolt) I'm pretty sure batman would get beat. Life detection, protego for clarity, practically uncontainable through apparating, and a host of damaging spells. But to answer OPs question, batman over HP.

#10 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

Er.. what's to stop him from using: "accio Batman"? or that spell he used to float objects in the air like pillows? I don't think you can dodge accio as it doesn't shoot bolts, only concentration is needed..

#11 Edited by Dextersinister (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

Er.. what's to stop him from using: "accio Batman"? or that spell he used to float objects in the air like pillows? I don't think you can dodge accio as it doesn't shoot bolts, only concentration is needed..

The same thing that stop's bad guys from firing there guns stealth and/or better reflexes.

@ascenscion: Shield charm is still a matter of activation and reflexes.

#12 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: Some reasons why this won't work:

1. Harry is not a bad guy :p

2. He has a spell to reveal presence.

3.Considering Harry's summoning him, stealth and reflexes are really not going to help.

#13 Posted by Dextersinister (6351 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1: I am not aware of Harry being able to summon people against there will under normal circumstances but other than that almost every fight in the Potterverse vs a fellow human came down to reflexes and on some occasions aim as well. Regardless of weapon it's very hard for realistically portrayed humans with normal durability to compete with the obscene reflexes of Batman.

#14 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: Not exactly normal reflexes.. stronger wizards like Dumbledore, Voldemart been flicking their wands arounds too fast for normal people (Including harry) to see.

But anyway, Harry could even use the spell that gives similar effect to telekinesis. (The one which made prof Flitwick, or whatever the little guy is called, fly. It requires aim, of course) Otherwise, make him float off a building.. Also, as long as Batman doesn't hold on to something, why accio shouldn't work on him? It's like saying Jean couldn't make him float against will (Of Jean is too powerful to use as an example, But any telekinesis user for that matter. Like Yoda/Luke using force)

Not being a fanboy, just trying to make a case for Mr. Potter.

#15 Edited by sECUREij (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: first off Harry is NOWHERE near Dumbledore Voldemort level, Harry won off dues ex machina time after time. And has shown spell strength/spell fire rate/ spell complexity of the two (Voldemort Dumbledore)

Second he's never used a telekinetic spell, so get rid of that

As for the summing charm (accio) it doesn't work on living creature, so yeah. I guess theoretically (as in not canon just a guess) he could summon Batmans gear.

#16 Edited by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

#17 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@secureij said:

@princearagorn1: first off Harry is NOWHERE near Dumbledore Voldemort level, Harry won off dues ex machina time after time. And has shown spell strength/spell fire rate/ spell complexity of the two (Voldemort Dumbledore)

Second he's never used a telekinetic spell, so get rid of that

As for the summing charm (accio) it doesn't work on living creature, so yeah. I guess theoretically (as in not canon just a guess) he could summon Batmans gear.

Really? They learned the telekinesis spell, and prof. flitwick is a living thing:

"Neville's aim was so poor that he kept accidentally sending much heavier things flying across the room - Professor Flitwick, for instance" -The goblet of fire

And If you read the first line, I said 'stronger wizards like 'dumbledore/voldemort'..

#18 Edited by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by sECUREij (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Harry himself never used it through out the books, and Harry himself is a slacker. So for all we know he never,mastered the spell. Use canon feat not speculation and even if he does know the spell, who says he can move something weighing something over two hundred pounds

#20 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@secureij said:

@princearagorn1: Harry himself never used it through out the books, and Harry himself is a slacker. So for all we know he never,mastered the spell. Use canon feat not speculation and even if he does know the spell, who says he can move something weighing something over two hundred pounds

Harry was in the same class as neville, practised and mastered the spell:

“I just want to know what Snape did with his first chance, if he’s on his second one,” said Harry grimly, and his cushion, to his surprise, flew straight across the room and landed neatly on top of Hermione’s."

-Goblet of fire.

As far as I recall, Goblet of fire is quite canon.

Harry isn't that great of a slacker to miss everything taught in class. He isn't hermoine, but he isn't crabbe either. He did pretty well in his exams, too: Exceeds expectation in every relevant subject, outstanding in DAA. I don't see any reason why a good grown wizard shouldn't be able to do simple spells part of school curriculum. It's actually speculation to say he doesn't know the spells and still got good grades.

It's not like he's using horcruxes or fiendfyre, or something like that. Standard charms like supersensory, shields, telekinesis, teleportion, transfiguration, sectumsempra, levicorpus.. He has more than enough in his arsenal to win. While they may not be effective against someone way above peak human, they are good enough here.

#21 Edited by sECUREij (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Harry never used the spell used the spell, Neville might be able to use but. But you can't power scale, and say Harry was in the class so he can use the spell. No Harry himself never even attempted the spell. Use canon feats, not a speculation based on a single spell

Where's that quote from and who's doing the spell

#22 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@secureij said:

@princearagorn1: Harry never used the spell used the spell, Neville might be able to use but. But you can't power scale, and say Harry was in the class so he can use the spell. No Harry himself never even attempted the spell. Use canon feats, not a speculation based on a single spell

So.. you haven't read the books?

The quote is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire, chapter: the second task. All the students were practicing the charm, and each was given his own cushion to make sure they don't fly heavy objects.

I'm using books, the highest canon there is. Not speculating anything. Nor based on a single spell.

There is no reason harry can't do standard level spells taught before year 7, considering he did well in his all relevant subjects. We have also seen him do extra training for tournaments, and DA, and different stuff in general.

You are the one not providing any proof why he shouldn't use standard spells, and denying direct evidence from the books. Nor providing any reason why batman should win.

I'd say my job here is done. Considering you haven't read the books, and refuse to accept what's directly shown to you, don't bother replying.

Have a nice day.

#23 Edited by DatSwampertAzz (886 posts) - - Show Bio

batman easily

#24 Posted by Dreadpool10 (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@secureij said:

So.. you haven't read the books?

The quote is from Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire, chapter: the second task. All the students were practicing the charm, and each was given his own cushion to make sure they don't fly heavy objects.

I'm using books, the highest canon there is. Not speculating anything. Nor based on a single spell.

There is no reason harry can't do standard level spells taught before year 7, considering he did well in his all relevant subjects. We have also seen him do extra training for tournaments, and DA, and different stuff in general.

You are the one not providing any proof why he shouldn't use standard spells, and denying direct evidence from the books. Nor providing any reason why batman should win.

I'd say my job here is done. Considering you haven't read the books, and refuse to accept what's directly shown to you, don't bother replying.

Have a nice day.

*Claps in applause*. Harry Potter wins.

#25 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadpool10: Not that he *has* to win. AK Batman is pretty OP. But honestly, no one even bothered to give harry any argument, which looked kind of sad, considering the immense versatility/hax these characters have..

#26 Posted by Dreadpool10 (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

@dreadpool10: Not that he *has* to win. AK Batman is pretty OP. But honestly, no one even bothered to give harry any argument, which looked kind of sad, considering the immense versatility/hax these characters have..

True. I saw that everyone just kept saying 'Batman wins'. But with everything Harry's faced in the books, I think his spells stand a good chance against Batman.

#27 Posted by sECUREij (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: Ok Harry can send a what half pound to maybe two pound pillow flying. That's a whole lot different to a 210 pound man flying, who if the players is good enough can beat deastroke bane killer croc dead shot clay face with out taking a hit. I mean come on are we seriously going to argue a single spell (alarte ascendare more then likely) when Harry does not have the speed nor fire rate or accuracy to hit arkham batman.

Also this is moviverse potter pulling out a book quote does not apply since it's a different canon.

#28 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (18812 posts) - - Show Bio

@secureij: Aren't movies and books the same, with books being higher canonically? Not too sure about that. It's not like EU, which jumps up power levels millions of times or anything..

Limiting HP to just movies does severely reduce the argument though, considering movies are way too short to go into any kind of details.

#29 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Movieverse Harry ofcourse

#30 Edited by RogueShadow (11117 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1:

I'm fairly sure the movies are a different continuity altogether, but I'm not entirely sure.

Batman wins, Harry is simply too slow, obviously he's got the power output to end Batman, but Batman will have tagged him with a Batarang before Harry can raise his wand.

#31 Posted by BlackWind (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

What's stopping Bruce from bataranging the wand from Harry's hand?

#32 Posted by thelocust619 (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, if Arkham Batman came across a boy on a rooftop he'd be downright shocked if he pulled out a wand n shot magic at him lmao Harry has his own surprise element, and being Batman is horrifying when alone on a rooftop at night, Harry would likely attack immediately. He seemed to use that slashing spell a lot...I could see him opening with that out of reflex. I doubt it'd pierce batman's armor and no doubt he'd react with a dodgeroll before maybe letting go a batarang for a distraction. However, dodgeroll takes time (batman logically has no choice but to sacrifice a second to do this, against such a foreign method of attack in hopes of escaping Harry's aim in order to evaluate it) which could be used to apply a defense or another attack. Even a bright light would buy him a sec to stun bats and follow up. He can beat Batman here but if not he is def disarmed/defeated afterwards in a stealth blitz.

Does Harry know any wandless magic? Regardless, I give Harry a 4-6 based on the little-boy-SUPRISE!-WIZARD!! factor. No prior knowledge was stated.

#33 Edited by sECUREij (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelocust619: Batman (arkham) can dodge snipers assault rifles and fight against a small mob of men at once. One wizard with an element of surprise isn't enough to to tip the scales in his direction.