YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

No Caption Provided

Scenario

The same plot as Arkham Origins. It's Christmas Eve, and Batman is hunted down by eight different assassins, only these aren't the ones you remember fighting! All the combatants are from Assassin's Creed, and are tasked to take down the one and only Batman...permanently. Batman has just defeated Croc and has learned that these assassins are in Gotham City and will be trying to track him down. Will they succeed, or will Batman triumph over yet another group of hunters?

Rules

• Morals on and in character.
  • All assassins are scattered across the city, but may/can work together if they find each other.
  • All assassins have standard knowledge on Batman, whereas Bruce only knows he is being hunted.
  • Batman as depicted in Arkham Origins.
  • Ezio as depicted in Assassin's Creed Revelations.
  • Batman only has standard gear from the beginning of the game, and no contact with Alfred.
  • All assassins have their standard equipment (nothing overpowered like the Apple of Eden).
  • All assassins have a group of twenty fodder assassins to assist them, minus a few exceptions.
  • Ezio has his Rome Brotherhood with him from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
  • Edward Kenway has his pirate crew armed with flintlocks, swords, and more.
  • Connor Kenway has a group of twenty Patriots with their standard equipment.

Setting

Gotham City as seen in Arkham Origins.

No Caption Provided

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I didn't play Arkham Origins so I don't know if the Assassin's worked together but its going to take atleast 4-5 Assassin's working together to beat him.

I'd say 3 could do it if B-Man had no equipment.

The fodder will be less useful then the fodder in the regular game.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: Epic matchup! I love the AC series (although i dont know who the 7th assassin is). I believe they can put down Bats. Assassins ftw

Razul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Assassins should win. Batman will take a few with him.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bman gets owned, even 2-3 are enough to beat him if he doesn't run/use grapple.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I don't see what's stopping Altair, Ezio, Connor and potentially even Kenway from teaming up to wipe Bruce out. Perhaps the latter two may be more eager on taking on Bruce by their lonesome but Ezio only has the most utmost respect for Altair and I couldn't help but imagine the two of them, arguably the best Assassin's, working together. In addition, the Assassin's have the benefit of tracking Bruce down their Eagle Vision and then, they are about on equal terms in regards to gear. In a straight up fight, you may have Altair or Ezio distracting Bruce and both are fully capable of hanging with this less experienced version of Bruce or you could simply have Ezio shoot him in the face with hesitation. Adding in either Connor or Edward makes it an even larger stomp and I'm completely disregarding the additional Assassin's each can tag along, especially Ezio's Roman Brotherhood.

Bruce would only stand a chance here if he were to face each opponent one by one.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek:

I Think the assains can pull this out If they look for each other first

Kenways crew and the patriots will be taken down pretty quickly as they are not very stealth nor do they free run well so they will be very slow and they cannot blend in so they can be spotted quickly and be neurized

the assains best chance comes from swarming Batman and Desmond ( he has all the skills and experiences of all the other assains)

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

With only Arkham Origins feats, Batman is still a great deal stronger than any of the assassins, probably faster too, and his body armor grants him a great advantage in durability. I can definitely see him replicating pretty much any of the assassins feats, whereas I doubt Ezio or Altair (the assassins heavy hitters) could take Killer Croc through pure skill.

Guys like Deathstroke and Shiva were tougher than any of the assassins anyway, so Batman should win this.

Good thread.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Remember they are scattered across the city, and may or may not encounter each other (Gotham City is pretty big). Also, their personalities might clash, and some may not want to work together. For example, I see it hard for Edward to team-up with some of the assassins here with his brash nature. Connor would however, quickly seize an opportunity to work with another assassin in order to improve their chances of completing their task. I mean, he did team-up with a Templar, albeit it was his father. Also, tracking down Batman is going to be hard, especially considering he knows he's being tracked, and has the advantage of his technology. Batman's Detective Mode also counters Eagle Vision, and Connor from his Native American experiences is the only one who was impressive in tracking using clues IMO.

Bman gets owned, even 2-3 are enough to beat him if he doesn't run/use grapple.

He has that.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: he has to fight them and 20 near peak fodder at the same time all of them armed with guns most in armor ( the roman assassins have plate mail!!) if 2-4 assassin teams work together Batman gets swarmed

oh and Ezio has access to his full roster? Bats is screwed Ezio and his minnions.... I mean students could give Bats a run for his money the other assassins team up for the stomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Ezio only has his Roman Brotherhood, no assassin fodder. Same thing is said for Connor and Edward's back-up/assistance.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deranged Midget

@deranged_midget: Remember they are scattered across the city, and may or may not encounter each other (Gotham City is pretty big). Also, their personalities might clash, and some may not want to work together. For example, I see it hard for Edward to team-up with some of the assassins here with his brash nature. Connor would however, quickly seize an opportunity to work with another assassin in order to improve their chances of completing their task. I mean, he did team-up with a Templar, albeit it was his father. Also, tracking down Batman is going to be hard, especially considering he knows he's being tracked, and has the advantage of his technology. Batman's Detective Mode also counters Eagle Vision, and Connor from his Native American experiences is the only one who was impressive in tracking using clues IMO.

Already referenced the personality case, Altair and Ezio will not clash as Ezio holds respect for Altair and at their time, the orders were highly organized and respectful of Command. Connor and Edward are the only ones of the bunch who are the loose cannons. I'm not sure how Detective Vision will counter Eagle Vision as it does the exact same thing but in this case, he's outnumbered by the amount of Assassin's tracking them down, each just as fast and even more agile than himself with an equally comparable gear set and some even more diverse (yet less prominent). Referencing back to Connor, he's a little brash but respects his elders, especially the man who taught him everything and even pushed his pride aside to work with his primary enemy which was his father. Edward was the same after he lost everything and took to trusting the Assassin order and even dedicating his life to them.

As I said, Bruce should have little trouble if taking them on one by one but if and when they group together (which I assume they are knowledgeable of each other), Bruce isn't going to stand much of a chance, especially if you add in the ridiculous amount of Assassin's each commands. To be fair, I'd eliminate that aspect from the battle.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

Beginning of the game? So that's batarangs, explosive gel, smoke bombs, batwing and grappel gun? Batman's gonna have one hell of a time fighting all of these guys. I still haven't played AC 4 so I can't speak to the efficiency of Edward. I say that By the time that they start to meet up Batman's probably already taken out a good 2-3 of them. Stealth isn't an option, gadgets are limited, damn, I think Batman goes down in this fight for the majority, assassins aren't morons like Batman villains, 3 - 5 of them will meet up with 60-100 fodder and they'll just go for it, no fartsy 'I will break you bullsh*t'. Batman's best bet is to take down as many as he can from the get go, before they get the chance to meet up, and then try and ween them down through the night.

The big thing here is that Bats can't kill, he has no real way of putting them all out for good, the assassins will just keep picking each other back up, without access to Gotham PD he's screwed. Assassins take a 8/10 majority.. Morals off Bats would be more equal in my opinion.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, ezio and altair will work together, and Ezio's EOS students where really good.

Bats is screwed.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Cjdavis103

That's what I meant the romen assassins are the strongest and have the best gear ( durability wise ) and have more than 20 and most have become Full assassins( meaning peak human killing machines) and 20 fodder is difficult for batman (he has to take out gun fodder stealthily and all 20 have hidden guns) and all are armed to the teeth with melee wepons and are much eter trained then the usual fodder add in the main assassins for each group and it becomes a hell of a boss fight, add in multiple groups and Bats is screwed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I agree with what you've said. However, Batman is smart enough to know when he's out-matched, and has the potential to either use stealth so that they can't find him (even Eagle Vision would have a hard time finding Wayne), and/or use his grapple, and, utilizing his superior knowledge and experience with Gotham City, to easily re-locate himself to another part of the city. Also, the assassins' parkour and building-climbing is very slow compared to Batman's simple grapple gun, which near-instantly puts him at the top of a structure. If Batman wants to get away, I can see him succeeding.

@rogueshadow: I don't see how Batman can't use stealth? Even with Eagle Vision, this is Batman's territory, and he knows it inside and out. Even as a rookie, Bruce knows the setting a lot better than any of the assassins. Minus Desmond, all of these guys will initially be very disorientated with their surroundings, so that is a factor as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Well, ezio and altair will work together, and Ezio's EOS students where really good.

Bats is screwed.

That's if they actually encounter each other in a city this massive.

That's what I meant the romen assassins are the strongest and have the best gear ( durability wise ) and have more than 20 and most have become Full assassins( meaning peak human killing machines) and 20 fodder is difficult for batman (he has to take out gun fodder stealthily and all 20 have hidden guns) and all are armed to the teeth with melee wepons and are much eter trained then the usual fodder add in the main assassins for each group and it becomes a hell of a boss fight, add in multiple groups and Bats is screwed

That's true, but Origins Batman has dodged gun-fire from much more technologically advanced weaponry, and has gone against similar odds you have described. I do agree that Batman could be overwhelmed, but I also see him fleeing from the fight if things get too heated.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adhd_assassin

if the assassins are smart and play together, i see them taking out bats with moderate difficulty and minimal loses

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I agree with what you've said. However, Batman is smart enough to know when he's out-matched, and has the potential to either use stealth so that they can't find him (even Eagle Vision would have a hard time finding Wayne), and/or use his grapple, and, utilizing his superior knowledge and experience with Gotham City, to easily re-locate himself to another part of the city. Also, the assassins' parkour and building-climbing is very slow compared to Batman's simple grapple gun, which near-instantly puts him at the top of a structure. If Batman wants to get away, I can see him succeeding.

Stealth won't be much of an option in this case and while yes, he's smart enough to know he's outmatched, the difference is he won't be given the opportunity to know it. The biggest groups Bruce fought at a time were random thugs for hire and referencing League of Shadows, it was roughly two or three at a time. Assassin's are roughly the same, disregarding the Roman Brotherhood which are essentially the Elite, and you have them grouped in dozens upon dozens mate.

Batman's knowledge of his city is second to none but I'm not exactly sure what benefit he'd have from constantly running away. He's hilariously outnumbered, outgunned and the lead Assassin's all have a specific way of tracking him down. It may not be instant but it will most likely happen and they all are capable of following Bruce wherever he may go. And it's not as if the Assassin's are lacking in stealth in comparison to Bruce either.

I just fail to see where he may be able to succeed outside of playing cat and mouse. Like I said earlier, he's undoubtedly the most diverse fighter here, obviously not the most experience but he has a decent chance at beating each Assassin in straight combat if it were a single duel. The problem is, that isn't the case here and considering that Edward is capable of being equipped with up to four pistols, Connor carries his own as well as a bow and Ezio's is hidden in addition to holding a crossbow, so he's generally outgunned. Then add in Bezerk and Sleep darts, both capable of piercing Italian, Spanish and British armour, it's only a matter of time until he gets hit if caught in combat.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They also have poison available to slow him down

If Batman runs that's just giving the assassins more time to group up once they have 3 or more they just chase him down using eagle vision

and they can group together if they use high point syncs to scout the city ( and all allies show up blue)

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: the assassins have incredible info/comunication abilities, they will know they're in the same city.

And he's nor excaping from them, their parkour skills are alot better than his.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@deranged_midget: the assassins have incredible info/comunication abilities, they will know they're in the same city.

Ok, I wasn't clear if they were aware they were all together in the same city. While I would agree that their agility and free running are second to none, Bruce's grappling hook and ability to glide allows him to move around faster.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget:

True Batman has the edege in travel speed but not by a vast margin if the assassins wanted to run him down they could get him eventually

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

Ok, I wasn't clear if they were aware they were all together in the same city. While I would agree that their agility and free running are second to none, Bruce's grappling hook and ability to glide allows him to move around faster.

Oh, that's true.

But while grappling he's an easy target for that level of gun/crossbow users, given he can't alter the trajectory.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By reaverlation

Honestly I think the only way the assassins only chance is if they group on Batman.The assassins are formidable but one on one is a no no against Bats.However IMO the only assassins that stand a chance are the main assassins of the AC games.Ezio and Altair IMO are the assassin's best chance as those 2 have a unique bond that I can both see working together and utilizing their skills proficiently to take down bruce.Connor has what it takes to take Batman on but like I said Bats IMO would be too much for just 1 assassin.Also with Ezio having help from the Brotherhood to provide easy distractions for Ezio And Altair to go in close and take the Batman down especially if Connor actually helps out Both Ezio and Altair if they both went after Bruce.Excellent match by the way

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The assassins take Batman down.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Assassins take this. While it is debatable whether or not one of the main assassins can take Batman alone, two or three can do it no question. Of the Assassins in question (why didn't you include Adewale?), I don't know much about the Aveline, the Russian Assassin, or the 2nd to last one, but any combination of Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, or Desmond should be enough.

Also, after playing AC4 as much as I have, I have to say that even though Edward isn't formally trained (he is a natural fighter, a street fighter if you will), he'd hold his own against any of the assassins. In my eyes he's proved himself as one of these "special" assassins.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MonsterStomp

Awesome match YNCG!

1. Stealth - They are all arguably equal but I think it's a non factor. Eagle Vision or Detective Mode will negate that.
  2. Physicality - Batman outclasses them. His punches put more hurt on Killer Croc than a high power sniper round and his will is unmatched here. Poison, berserk or sleep darts won't be Batman's end.
  3. Skill - I'd say the assassin's edge it out. It's hard to put a number on Batman's skill, but these assassin's have honed their skills over decades.
  4. Back Up - If they're fodder, they're nothing. Batman has rejected ambushes from Shiva's fodder. If you gave Ezio the Master Assassin's he trained in Constantinople, that'd be interesting.

I think Ezio would be the main problem. Ezio has 36 or so years of experience and has fought some of the best fodder soldiers, trained recruits to his rank, hunted assassins, planned contracts. The dude has done it all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stealth won't be much of an option in this case and while yes, he's smart enough to know he's outmatched, the difference is he won't be given the opportunity to know it. The biggest groups Bruce fought at a time were random thugs for hire and referencing League of Shadows, it was roughly two or three at a time. Assassin's are roughly the same, disregarding the Roman Brotherhood which are essentially the Elite, and you have them grouped in dozens upon dozens mate.

Fodder assassins were pretty much wrecked by Edward, who is the least impressive hand-to-hand combatant of all the assassins in BLACK FLAG, so I don't see them being much of a challenge for Batman. I did put them there so that they could potentially distract Wayne long enough for the main Assassin to potentially take Batman down. Also, by the Roman Brotherhood, I meant Ezio's core group, which was three or four members.

Batman's knowledge of his city is second to none but I'm not exactly sure what benefit he'd have from constantly running away. He's hilariously outnumbered, outgunned and the lead Assassin's all have a specific way of tracking him down. It may not be instant but it will most likely happen and they all are capable of following Bruce wherever he may go. And it's not as if the Assassin's are lacking in stealth in comparison to Bruce either.

I agree on all accounts. However, it allows Batman to put his superior intellect into play, and perhaps device a plan to either buy him some more time, or eliminate the fodder. He did take on Bane in Origins, took extremely powerful blows, and cleverly trapped him using his grapple-lines (I think that's what they were).

I just fail to see where he may be able to succeed outside of playing cat and mouse. Like I said earlier, he's undoubtedly the most diverse fighter here, obviously not the most experience but he has a decent chance at beating each Assassin in straight combat if it were a single duel. The problem is, that isn't the case here and considering that Edward is capable of being equipped with up to four pistols, Connor carries his own as well as a bow and Ezio's is hidden in addition to holding a crossbow, so he's generally outgunned. Then add in Bezerk and Sleep darts, both capable of piercing Italian, Spanish and British armour, it's only a matter of time until he gets hit if caught in combat.

From what I've seen, Batman is fast (ex. beating down Joker and even Deathstroke) enough, durable enough (tanking Bane's hits), and strong enough to prove a challenge despite his numbers disadvantage. I don't see Edward working too well with the others, and the pistols are for the most part inaccurate, have a long reload time, and aren't anything new for Batman to handle. In numbers, disorientation might open a gate for succession, but like I said, Batman has blitzed groups of prisoners before. Sure, they're nowhere near as skilled as assassins, but Edward has already been able to take on a large group of assassins when he had to escort Laureano de Torres y Ayala. Connor's bow and Ezio's crossbow are dangerous though. Sleep/beserk darts I'm not sure would work on Batman's armor unless they hit his uncovered mouth area. Batman's also got his parry and can use his cape to deflect darts. If they manage to overwhelm Batman or pin him down, I could see it happening. Do you suggest I give Batman his full arsenal? How about calling in vehicles? Access to Alfred?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: The assassin's allowed to bring in Arrow Storms? Well technically Ezio's the only one to utilize Arrow Storms but is he allowed?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Ezio is allowed to use Arrow Storms, but only with the Roman Brotherhood he commands. Also, I highly doubt he'll use it, since it was only really shown when Ezio was outnumbered by Templars. I don't think he'd use it on a single person, but yes, the option is there.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I'll have to go back to play Brotherhood to see if its in sync, but the Assassin Challenges have Ezio using 15 or 25 Arrow Storms. To whoever he used it on was up to the player though.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Together Assassins. Alone Batman.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

one on one bat can take rather easily, but if they team up bat will be in some trouble.

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PhantomLantern8

Batman has tanked hits from Bane and shrugged them off in Arkham Origins. He stomps all of them by either throwing various amounts of gadgets at the assassins or using his ridiculous speed and strength to start doing beatdowns and other anti-physics attacks. And if it's not that, it's the Deathstroke boss battle 8 times in a row.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomlantern8:

Batman had difficulty with 100 fodder unarmed prisoners , each assassin minion is >>>>>>>>>>> unarmed unarmored prisoners so yeah the fodder is going to be an issue for bat man by themselves adding in more than one group of assains at once and Batman is screwed

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: When did Batman have trouble with 100 fodder prisoners?

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: arkum city, At best it took him forever and the fodder was all unarmed and unarmored except for a rare few where as the assassins are ALL armored and armed ( guns crossbows, swords, axes, hidden blades, tomahawks, muskets, etc) so while yes Batman can take punishment he has always had to relied on stealth when confronted by well armed individuals which will not work on this team

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: What suggests he was having trouble? In Arkham Asylum he stated he eats guys like those for breakfast or something no other.

PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: arkum city, At best it took him forever and the fodder was all unarmed and unarmored except for a rare few where as the assassins are ALL armored and armed ( guns crossbows, swords, axes, hidden blades, tomahawks, muskets, etc) so while yes Batman can take punishment he has always had to relied on stealth when confronted by well armed individuals which will not work on this team

I've played through all 3 of the main Arkham games, I don't recall Batman having to do a 100 to 1 in Arkham City unless you're talking about a challenge which we might as well call non-canon since it's just something that the player does, not Batman.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I don't see how Batman can't use stealth? Even with Eagle Vision, this is Batman's territory, and he knows it inside and out. Even as a rookie, Bruce knows the setting a lot better than any of the assassins. Minus Desmond, all of these guys will initially be very disorientated with their surroundings, so that is a factor as well.

Eagle vision really would negate stealth completely in my opinion, unless he glide kicks in from afar, but stealth anywhere in the general vicinity of the assassins is a no no. I didn't know you were taking into account the time displacement, it's not usually something factored into battles. I imagine that they'd all get over it pretty quickly though. Also, when Batman kos/incaps one set, do the GCPD come in for them?

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say the Assassins take a majority. From my own personal experience, it's easier to take down simultaneous enemies in the AC games than it is in the Arkham games.

For example, in the AC games I can take on 20 at a time without even taking a hit.

In the Arkham games, I could probably take like 10 without taking a hit if it's a good day for me.

So I'd say by gameplay feats, Assassins take the majority.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@jmarshmallow said:

I say the Assassins take a majority. From my own personal experience, it's easier to take down simultaneous enemies in the AC games than it is in the Arkham games.

For example, in the AC games I can take on 20 at a time without even taking a hit.

In the Arkham games, I could probably take like 10 without taking a hit if it's a good day for me.

Jmarshmallow

What sense does this make? The Assassins win because you're not very good at Origins?

I mean, there are challenge maps where you have to use Batman to take down a hundred foes in quick succession, for god's sake.

Then there's that 1001 hit combo a guy pulled off in Arkham City. Granted that's a more experienced Batman, the biggest combo I've seen from Origins is a 663 hit combo. Also, what're your thoughts on the match?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@saren said:

@jmarshmallow said:

Jmarshmallow

What sense does this make? The Assassins win because you're not very good at Origins?

I mean, there are challenge maps where you have to use Batman to take down a hundred foes in quick succession, for god's sake.

Then there's that 1001 hit combo a guy pulled off in Arkham City. Granted that's a more experienced Batman, the biggest combo I've seen from Origins is a 663 hit combo. Also, what're your thoughts on the match?

How the **** did that guy pull off a 1001 combo? IIRC the most I've pulled off is a 97 hit combo in Arkham City. It baffles me that there are experienced enough gamers to do that.

As for the match, I have to agree that whilst Batman can take out all the Assassins individually, if they engage him together, they definitely stand a chance of beating him. All that's needed is a 3 or 4 team combo in the least to take Batman out which others have explained is likely to happen with Altair, Ezio and Connor.

xJomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren I guess what he ment was that its much easier to take down multiple enemies in Assassins Creed than Batman Arkham Origins. And I totally agree with him. With Ezios / Connors / Edwards combat its ridiculously easy to take down enemies even when they are armed to the tooth.

And that is a very good point when we are comparing for example Batmans combat abilities to Ezios combat. Even with all his tech, Batman has very hard time ( you have to be skillfull player) to neutralize enemies with weapons. If there is for example knife + that electric-staff-thingy + shield + guns (and maybe even more than one of each), mediocre Arkham player will have very very hard time with not dying, even with full upgrades to armor + weapons.

-

But when we think Ezio/Connor/Edward/Desmond, and how easy it is to take down enemies with swords, axes, grenades, sometimes hidden blades, spears, guns, "snipers" etc... and even if they are themselves barehanded. Lot of people take Batmans superiority in hand to hand combat for granted, but I actually think that atleast these 4 Assassins have superiority over Bats in straight 1v1.

Moving on from the fighting topic. I've seen that many of you have been comparing Eagle Vision to Detective Mode. Thats true, I also think, same as many here, that Eagle Vision and Detective Mode are equal. But how many does know that Altair was the only one who had Eagle Vision ? Ezio Auditore and the later assassins had this :

" Mastering Eagle Vision led to an "awakening of the sixth," as Juno once termed it, and granted the user Eagle Sense.

A more heightened form of Eagle Vision, it allowed one to focus on a target and sense approximately where they had gone, or inversely, where they would go. This was particularly helpful in tailing a target, or detecting the path a guard would take, in order to set up a bomb or lay an ambush. "

Yeah, Eagle Sense is far superior to Detective Mode. One argument on this topic was that they would not be able to find each other or Batman in the city of Gotham. I think it would not be a problem for Ezio Auditore. And Im not sure about this, but didnt one mission kinda include superhuman sense of smell and hearing with the aid of Eagle Sense ? Where you follow the smell-trails of that bomb and one where you listen that one mercenarys heartbeat ? Both of them had to be done with Eagle Sense. Correct me if Im wrong.

Its good thing that Arkham Origins had grapnel boost from the start, so atleast Bruce can run away as long as he can. Because all his other gadgets is kinda useless against Assassins of that level, and Ezio/Connor/Edward rarely miss a shot when they are given the opportunity. Only viable gadget are maybe Batmans Batarangs, atleast for distraction ? If i was playing Arkham Origins, i would not "RT + Y" a guy with hidden blades in both of his sleeves, or smokebomb a guy with Eagle Sense and firearms/bows.

As a guy who has played both of these series, all the games and many times from start to finish. I would call this a mismatch. Totally awesome thread but too stomp. It would have been much more interesting if it was the same concept, but only Ezio and Batman trying to hunt each other in Gotham OR Venice, and morals of.

Any thoughts ?

PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If all of you are concerned about outrageous combos in City or Origins, watch Batman Arkham Videos. Every challenge he does is just one giant flawless free-flow.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Off-topic but Getting a high combo is actually easy in Arkham City.I was able to get 300x minimum and easily.