Ares Vs. Volstagg and Balder

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Lance Uppercut

During the siege of Asgard, Ares is leading the charge in to the citadel. He has encountered resistance from Balder the Brave, and now fights against both he and his friend who has mysteriously appeared to aid his Asgardian comrade, the boisterous Volstagg

Edit:

To add to the battle party, Fandral and Hogun may come to aid Balder and Volstagg after ten minutes. If they survive twenty minutes, Lady Sif and Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) may join the battle

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Does Ares get his axe or sword here? Even if he doesn't, it's hard to pick against him.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Does Ares get his axe or sword here? Even if he doesn't, it's hard to pick against him. "
It's during the siege of Asgard so.. yeah, he obviously gets his axe. Also, edited the OP in an attempt to give the Asgardians more of a chance
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't see them lasting long enough for Sif and Valkyrie to join the fight.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lance Uppercut

How is Ares going to beat all four of them in the allotted time?

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:
"How is Ares going to beat all four of them in the allotted time? "

Balder is the only one who could give Ares a decent fight, the Warriors Three are outclassed in terms of physical attributes.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lance Uppercut
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Balder is the only one who could give Ares a decent fight, the Warriors Three are outclassed in terms of physical attributes. "
The warriors three are all at least in the 30+ ton range. Last time I checked, Ares was seventy, maybe eighty, so strength isn't really that much of a factor. While Ares may outclass them one on one, these three have been fighting together for hundreds and hundreds of years. There's an obvious synergy between them that's going to be a major factor.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Balder is the only one who could give Ares a decent fight, the Warriors Three are outclassed in terms of physical attributes. "
The warriors three are all at least in the 30+ ton range. Last time I checked, Ares was seventy, maybe eighty, so strength isn't really that much of a factor. While Ares may outclass them one on one, these three have been fighting together for hundreds and hundreds of years. There's an obvious synergy between them that's going to be a major factor."

Yea but Ares is far more skilled and battle-tested than all three of them and is clearly more durable. Even if it's 3-on-1 at a certain point in the fight, I don't see them doing anything to Ares that will affect the outcome. Balder is considerably stronger and more skilled than them as well, which is why he's a formidable opponent here.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lance Uppercut
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
The warriors three are all at least in the 30+ ton range. Last time I checked, Ares was seventy, maybe eighty, so strength isn't really that much of a factor. While Ares may outclass them one on one, these three have been fighting together for hundreds and hundreds of years. There's an obvious synergy between them that's going to be a major factor."
Yea but Ares is far more skilled and battle-tested than all three of them and is clearly more durable. Even if it's 3-on-1 at a certain point in the fight, I don't see them doing anything to Ares that will affect the outcome. Balder is considerably stronger and more skilled than them as well, which is why he's a formidable opponent here. "

Why would they have to do anything that effects the long term in this battle? All they have to do is hold Ares off for another ten minutes before the cavalry arrives.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida
@The Mjolnir Wielder: I think you are underestimating the Wariors Three. They have been fighting Frost Giants and enormous demons for their entire career, and they have proven themselves against physically superior opponents many times in the past. While Ares is stronger than them, he isn't so durable that they can't hurt him, especially with Baldur, who has been stated as being second in physical stats only to Thor himself.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
Yea but Ares is far more skilled and battle-tested than all three of them and is clearly more durable. Even if it's 3-on-1 at a certain point in the fight, I don't see them doing anything to Ares that will affect the outcome. Balder is considerably stronger and more skilled than them as well, which is why he's a formidable opponent here. "
Why would they have to do anything that effects the long term in this battle? All they have to do is hold Ares off for another ten minutes before the cavalry arrives. "

They haven't fought this level of competition before and have no feats that would suggest them being able to hold their own here.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferro Vida said:

" @The Mjolnir Wielder: I think you are underestimating the Wariors Three. They have been fighting Frost Giants and enormous demons for their entire career, and they have proven themselves against physically superior opponents many times in the past. While Ares is stronger than them, he isn't so durable that they can't hurt him, especially with Baldur, who has been stated as being second in physical stats only to Thor himself. "

I've already stated that Balder would give Ares a decent fight, but the Warriors Three are playing out of their league. They're appearance in Blood Oath suggests that they serve more for comic relief than anything else.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Ferro Vida
" @Ferro Vida said:

" @The Mjolnir Wielder: I think you are underestimating the Wariors Three. They have been fighting Frost Giants and enormous demons for their entire career, and they have proven themselves against physically superior opponents many times in the past. While Ares is stronger than them, he isn't so durable that they can't hurt him, especially with Baldur, who has been stated as being second in physical stats only to Thor himself. "

I've already stated that Balder would give Ares a decent fight, but the Warriors Three are playing out of their league. They're appearance in Blood Oath suggests that they serve more for comic relief than anything else. "
I get that, and I'm saying that you need to give them more credit. They are much more imperssive in their classic appearances.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ferro Vida said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

I've already stated that Balder would give Ares a decent fight, but the Warriors Three are playing out of their league. They're appearance in Blood Oath suggests that they serve more for comic relief than anything else. "
I get that, and I'm saying that you need to give them more credit. They are much more imperssive in their classic appearances. "

Not impressive enough to beat an immortal who has come very close to defeating Hercules on a few occasions.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lance Uppercut
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Ferro Vida said:

I get that, and I'm saying that you need to give them more credit. They are much more imperssive in their classic appearances. "
Not impressive enough to beat an immortal who has come very close to defeating Hercules on a few occasions. "
I guess having a sword capable of withstanding and reflecting energy attacks from two of the U-Foes to the point where it essentially obliterated the viewers of a football game isn't very impressive. in the slightest. Or fighting constantly again foes like Frost Giants, etc wouldn't give them enough ability to stave off Ares for ten minutes. And who said anything about beating Ares? No one has even made the claim that these three would be responsible for beating Ares.
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By OhTru
" Does Ares get his axe or sword here? Even if he doesn't, it's hard to pick against him. "
Ares is a jobber

Bob turned him into a tomato can and splatters him all over the comic
Samax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Samax

Balder has the sword of frey which means Ares would'nt be able to do anything with his axe. Also volstagg put up a good fight against the thor clone during siege so i wouldn't count him out of the fight